hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Melty Blood: Actress Again  (Read 538178 times)

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline llama_egg

• Vigilant Green
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
  • Zombiefication! Roar!
    • View Profile
Re: Melty Blood: Actress Again
« Reply #1401 on: April 10, 2009, 05:17:03 PM »
Would be nice, but I haven't heard anything from anywhere else, so I wouldn't hold my breath  :slowpoke:

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 127
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: April 10, 2009, 05:24:44 PM »
August release for the PS2?!

Niiice.

Hope it's real and not some prank by some user who posted a random date just for the sake of messing with people. ;-;

*Digs around more.*

I just hope they don't pull an examu and fuck the port up. If it is true then I know EXACTLY what I plan on getting for my birthday :V

They can't. AA runs on the same hardware AC did, which isn't the case with AH1 and 2.

Since the port of AC wasn't screwed up, I highly doubt that they're going to screw up the AA port.

Would be nice, but I haven't heard anything from anywhere else, so I wouldn't hold my breath  :slowpoke:

Same here... but... it's Famitsu. o.O
"That's fine. That too is our way of the 'Night Sword'. Advancing even over mountains and rivers of corpses."

Offline MK dagawd

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: April 10, 2009, 05:25:59 PM »
  Lets just take a look at this situation for a bit.  You have a game that's not even popular in the United States (In arcades atm anyway) and a community that is not that large supporting it.  Then have that same game ported to an old console where its impossible to update it (Who even knows how smoothly it will run initially.) and with no netplay options.  Then you have blazblue which has everything it doesn't staring everyone in the face.  Will the community die?  Probably not entirely, but it won't be attracting new players or even many of the older players.  This is all assuming its only released for the PS2, if its released for the PC or next gen consoles then ignore this post.

Offline Erkz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 127
  • ▄█ ' M ▒░
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: April 10, 2009, 05:29:37 PM »
 Lets just take a look at this situation for a bit.  You have a game that's not even popular in the United States (In arcades atm anyway) and a community that is not that large supporting it.  Then have that same game ported to an old console where its impossible to update it (Who even knows how smoothly it will run initially.) and with no netplay options.  Then you have blazblue which has everything it doesn't staring everyone in the face.  Will the community die?  Probably not entirely, but it won't be attracting new players or even many of the older players.  This is all assuming its only released for the PS2, if its released for the PC or next gen consoles then ignore this post.

... You say that as though they're releasing the game in the US. o.O
"That's fine. That too is our way of the 'Night Sword'. Advancing even over mountains and rivers of corpses."

Offline MK dagawd

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: April 10, 2009, 05:30:40 PM »

... You say that as though they're releasing the game in the US. o.O

What I've said only applies to the American Melty Blood community, why would I be talking about anything else? 

Offline Nightvoomer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • logical conclusion of playing H-Akiha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: April 10, 2009, 05:34:49 PM »
Their target is ps2 because japan has more ps2s than next gen combined.
<GenericSu> actually pfhor is just one of those super anti nero guys

Offline MK dagawd

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: April 10, 2009, 05:37:18 PM »
Their target is ps2 because japan has more ps2s than next gen combined.
  Yeah.  It still hurts the US community though, I mean a PC release would still be popular in japan and it would be good for us too.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #1408 on: April 10, 2009, 06:04:48 PM »
It doesn't matter if it's a PS2 or PC as long as the game is released I'm fine with it. Oh yeah, the only reason why it would matter if it's released on the PC or PS2 are for the people that either travel to tournaments and the people who just stay at home and netplay all day (Which is sadly 3/4 of the MB community). Regardless if it was on PS2 or PC...you'd go to tournaments and support the game if you cared for the US community that much. Also lets look at where are the MB cabs located:

West Coast....LOL
Texas...who the fuck plays in Texas seriously outside of Pfhor?
NYC...$1 and the buttons are always jacked up and it's not even Ver.A
Philly...$1 2/3 rounds.

While netplay would help the scene learn matchups faster, other scenes can and have done without it. We as melty blood players have to task ourselves with growing the scene just like NYC did when MBAC was first released on the PS2 back in 2006. Did they use netplay to advertise MB? No, they advertised the game at tournaments and we have it a hell of a lot easier now seeing that people such as Eric and Larry (Host of Final Round) are giving us a spot as official games and even going as far as putting it on the big screen. Did they complain about it being on the PS2? Maybe, but they still stuck with it and we're right back in that same situation, but this time we're actually somewhat known for being a (somewhat) hype game and being (somewhat) of a decent fighter. This community won't die as long as we keep supporting our own game by going to tournaments, leveling up, and take ourselves a bit more seriously.

I mean if people are willing to take games such as TvC, Smash (lol), and Ken/Jab Fighter 4 seriously then MB can surely be just as good and hype.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 06:20:17 PM by NotBrandino »
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline Draku

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
  • sakura is a good girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: April 10, 2009, 06:14:25 PM »
:emo:

Offline MK dagawd

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: April 10, 2009, 06:43:26 PM »
It doesn't matter if it's a PS2 or PC as long as the game is released I'm fine with it. Oh yeah, the only reason why it would matter if it's released on the PC or PS2 are for the people that either travel to tournaments and the people who just stay at home and netplay all day (Which is sadly 3/4 of the MB community). Regardless if it was on PS2 or PC...you'd go to tournaments and support the game if you cared for the US community that much. Also lets look at where are the MB cabs located:

West Coast....LOL
NYC...$1 and the buttons are always jacked up and it's not even Ver.A
Philly...$1 2/3 rounds.

While netplay would help the scene learn matchups faster, other scenes can and have done without it. We as melty blood players have to task ourselves with growing the scene just like NYC did when MBAC was first released on the PS2 back in 2006. Did they use netplay to advertise MB? No, they advertised the game at tournaments and we have it a hell of a lot easier now seeing that people such as Eric and Larry (Host of Final Round) are giving us a spot as official games and even going as far as putting it on the big screen. Did they complain about it being on the PS2? Maybe, but they still stuck with it and we're right back in that same situation, but this time we're actually somewhat known for being a (somewhat) hype game and being (somewhat) of a decent fighter. This community won't die as long as we keep supporting our own game by going to tournaments, leveling up, and take ourselves a bit more seriously.

I mean if people are willing to take games such as TvC, Smash (lol), and Ken/Jab Fighter 4 seriously then MB can surely be just as good and hype.
  Yes except all the games you mentioned have much larger scenes so its easier to find games (Except maybe TvC).  You make it sound like the community would be better off without a netplay feature which is retarded.  It's going to be kind of hard/impossible to play other people from other coasts/states without doing some serious traveling.  How is this better than having a netplay option?  It's beyond me.

Oh and more like who outside Japan takes this game seriously anymore?

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• the troll that slays gods
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 91
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: April 10, 2009, 06:48:22 PM »
Since the port of AC wasn't screwed up, I highly doubt that they're going to screw up the AA port.

This is incorrect.
<fubarduck> hey bell good shit beating kusoru in melty
<fubarduck> he was like "i lost to a long haired asian"
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline Nightvoomer

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: April 10, 2009, 06:49:52 PM »
All scenes have to start somewhere and grow. He doesn't make it sound like its better off without netplay at all, what he is saying that its possible without netplay to grow and cites other games that have done so. Lots of people stop playing mbac to wait for mbaa.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 06:51:56 PM by Nightvoomer »

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• Magus Candidate
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: April 10, 2009, 06:51:43 PM »
Netplay isn't necessary for a scene but in this day and age it is definitely an important factor. Most people don't have the dedication to travel for smaller fighters.
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #1414 on: April 10, 2009, 06:57:09 PM »

This is incorrect.

I think he means in the sense that it was playable and didn't lag every other hit unlike a certain game we will not mention on this board.

Netplay isn't necessary for a scene but in this day and age it is definitely an important factor. Most people don't have the dedication to travel for smaller fighters.

That's true, but to say the scene won't grow because it wasn't released on PC or Next-Gen is ridiculous.

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• Magus Candidate
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: April 10, 2009, 07:02:06 PM »

This is incorrect.

I think he means in the sense that it was playable and didn't lag every other hit unlike a certain game we will not mention on this board.

That's true, but to say the scene won't grow because it wasn't released on PC or Next-Gen is ridiculous.

I had really wanted to get into That Game too, I was ready for a new loli fighter.

And yeah, I remember the days when I would session PS2 MBAC with Spooky and Arlieth. The scene was fragmented and small and netplay brought it together, but in the end it's the determination of the players that keep it going. Netplay is a catalyst.
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline MK dagawd

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: April 10, 2009, 07:04:40 PM »
  Determination of players?  Everyone is spoiled with netplay already :(.  I personally am going to travel and participate in tournaments but some people just won't/can't because of distance or financial reasons.  I hope some people will still take this game seriously.

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• Magus Candidate
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: April 10, 2009, 07:38:29 PM »
  Determination of players?  Everyone is spoiled with netplay already :(.  I personally am going to travel and participate in tournaments but some people just won't/can't because of distance or financial reasons.  I hope some people will still take this game seriously.

Well, determination of players and accessibility, obviously. I think a PS2 is far more accessible than PC because of portability and easy setup (important factors for a tourney). If people are willing to be serious for a game at the very least they should try to hold offline meets with locals (which I've done for IaMP, even though it's a 95% netplay-based game in the US). If they're unable to do that or travel to a tourney where the game has a presence then clearly they're not serious enough.
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: April 10, 2009, 09:09:22 PM »

Well, determination of players and accessibility, obviously. I think a PS2 is far more accessible than PC because of portability and easy setup (important factors for a tourney). If people are willing to be serious for a game at the very least they should try to hold offline meets with locals (which I've done for IaMP, even though it's a 95% netplay-based game in the US). If they're unable to do that or travel to a tourney where the game has a presence then clearly they're not serious enough.
Which in itself is a bit of a problem. There will always be scrub casual /jp/ players, but the real scene is dying. When MBAC came out, the scene was still growing, and now it's tanking. People forgot about every WT after 10, AM doesn't actually have Melty, FR doesn't have Melty, etc. There are a handful of new people, but the only one I've seen willing to travel for the game is Masu.

Offline Nightvoomer

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: April 10, 2009, 09:47:29 PM »
Again, that's because a lot of people are waiting on mbaa. Also after WTX didn't they switch to every month instead of every two months which caused total attendance drop because players couldn't go every month? We aren't the only ones in this situation, Tekken and VF are too.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 09:49:37 PM by Nightvoomer »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: April 10, 2009, 09:53:21 PM »
PS2 port for MBAA? This sounds like a bright ray of hope considering That Game was such a flop when ported over.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• Magus Candidate
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: April 10, 2009, 10:39:41 PM »

Which in itself is a bit of a problem. There will always be scrub casual /jp/ players, but the real scene is dying. When MBAC came out, the scene was still growing, and now it's tanking. People forgot about every WT after 10, AM doesn't actually have Melty, FR doesn't have Melty, etc. There are a handful of new people, but the only one I've seen willing to travel for the game is Masu.

WT died not because of the players but because Arlieth stopped running tournaments. You also have to keep in mind that even when Arlieth popularized the game (and he tried hard and did a great job; he got a lot of FFA people into it and the entire MB community here is because of him) it was already an old game.

AM was a Melty tourney for like one event, and that event was when it was me taking over for someone else. You have to keep in mind that I have an obvious predilection against MBAC and didn't really have a lot of motivation to keep the hype rolling once AM became "bell's event".

I think people took a while to realize that MBAC was, on many levels, not a very good game. Combine that with a very small scene full of many casual players who were in it only because of Tsukihime and had no real competitive drive and the scene was going to thin itself out over time, which led to a snowball effect: people don't want to play a game with a small scene, which led to people quitting, etc. Combine that with the real driving force behind the scene disappearing and you have what is happening now.

To be fair, Melty's scene isn't even as dead as it was when the game first started out. MBAC gets a lot of play by many people. Most of them probably don't matter, true, but the game isn't dead until you have absolutely nobody playing it, which is more than likely what will happen once MBAA becomes fully accessible. Many of the hardcore players are waiting for the definitive version that is accessible to them as well as a driving force in the community to jumpstart things. Neither of these is available now which is why the scene is stagnating.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 10:42:35 PM by bellreisa »
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline DivineArc

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • I played C-Arc before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: April 11, 2009, 01:08:23 AM »
Decent Port please without discussion  :teach: My birthday is in August so that'll be the perfect birthday present for me  :V Practice mode ftw, My ps2 is prolly gonna explode since I wont be turning AA off at all  :fap:
woof: like all the stuff i hear from them im like 'thats everything i had t o deal with back when i played'

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: April 11, 2009, 05:12:35 AM »
EC MB has survived worse. ...EC MB started in worse.  Even with an AC level ps2 port we'll live.

Offline MK dagawd

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: April 11, 2009, 07:49:11 AM »

WT died not because of the players but because Arlieth stopped running tournaments. You also have to keep in mind that even when Arlieth popularized the game (and he tried hard and did a great job; he got a lot of FFA people into it and the entire MB community here is because of him) it was already an old game.

AM was a Melty tourney for like one event, and that event was when it was me taking over for someone else. You have to keep in mind that I have an obvious predilection against MBAC and didn't really have a lot of motivation to keep the hype rolling once AM became "bell's event".

I think people took a while to realize that MBAC was, on many levels, not a very good game. Combine that with a very small scene full of many casual players who were in it only because of Tsukihime and had no real competitive drive and the scene was going to thin itself out over time, which led to a snowball effect: people don't want to play a game with a small scene, which led to people quitting, etc. Combine that with the real driving force behind the scene disappearing and you have what is happening now.

To be fair, Melty's scene isn't even as dead as it was when the game first started out. MBAC gets a lot of play by many people. Most of them probably don't matter, true, but the game isn't dead until you have absolutely nobody playing it, which is more than likely what will happen once MBAA becomes fully accessible. Many of the hardcore players are waiting for the definitive version that is accessible to them as well as a driving force in the community to jumpstart things. Neither of these is available now which is why the scene is stagnating.
  Like Bell said.  Alot of people are waiting for AA to be accessible and the more hardcore players are waiting for the scene to start growing (Me included), without either AA probably does not have a chance.  SF4 can get away with being a terrible game and still thrive because it has a huge scene and netplay.  If they just released a PC version with netplay then it would be very accessible as well probably start the scene up.  The scene in Japan is far superior so it won't die no matter where its ported or whether or not its has netplay (They have tons of arcades.).