hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: No plans for a pc port?  (Read 17549 times)

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
No plans for a pc port?
« on: August 22, 2009, 03:51:44 AM »
Sterling01 says:
August 20, 2009 at 8:51 pm

“It has to get ported to PC, right”
Narita said the PS2 version is going to be last port and they literally don’t feel like porting it to the PC

LoliSauce says:
      August 21, 2009 at 3:24 am

Can I get a source on that?

o
            Sterling01 says:
            August 21, 2009 at 2:06 pm

http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~k_wata/zaki.htm
Can I get confirmation on this?
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
Re: No plans for a pc port?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 04:12:10 AM »
lol replying to my own post.  Anyway, I had dakanya take a look to confirm.  Here's what he said.

[05:05]   <tenpai>   he says it would be easy to port it to pc
[05:05]   <tenpai>   but he doesnt feel like doing it
[05:05]   <LoliSauce>   gaaaay
[05:05]   <tenpai>   he doesnt have any passion to do it
[05:06]   <Rayza>   eh
[05:06]   <Sarsapari>   yes lol
[05:06]   <Rayza>   he'll do it
[05:06]   <Rayza>   but who cares
[05:06]   <tenpai>   but
[05:06]   <Rayza>   PS2 port is good
[05:06]   <tenpai>   it also says
[05:06]   <tenpai>   "not that our passion matters"
[05:06]   <LoliSauce>   lol

<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline CrimsonMoonMist

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • KIMGATE: makes your smile shine with JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 04:19:48 AM »
if it's so easy but he doesn't have passion to do it,
make someone else do it!

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 04:24:43 AM »
man, i hope to god this is true. netplay can eat a dick (because you know this will result from pc port  ::) ). although...i WOULD like to see a back-port to arcade of the ps2 version just to see how ryougi and s.akiha fare in competitive play.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 04:26:19 AM by Zartacus! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 04:27:07 AM »
Passion or no passion, the man's gotta make money somehow.  PC port will prolly still end up releasing sometime down the line.
---

Offline Frostbolt

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 04:28:04 AM »
man, i hope to god this is true. netplay can eat a dick (because you know this will result from pc port  ::) ). although...i WOULD like to see a back-port to arcade of the ps2 version just to see how ryougi and s.akiha fare in competitive play.

Cause a PC version clearly FORCES you to netplay right?
~3~

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 04:33:52 AM »
To be fair, the scene ended up reducing almost entirely to netplay and like 3 big event tourneys where people would play live.  Zar may be jaded, but it's not like his hate is completely unwarranted.
---

Offline Frostbolt

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 04:41:21 AM »
To be fair, the scene ended up reducing almost entirely to netplay and like 3 big event tourneys where people would play live.  Zar may be jaded, but it's not like his hate is completely unwarranted.

Reducing?

If theres no PC, alot of people would just stop playing the game because they cant play anyone, the scene would be REDUCED to the people who are fortunate enough to have players in their town/city

but yeah I guess you wouldnt care for the unfortunate people like us in EU
~3~

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 04:51:38 AM »
Don't hate, brother!  I don't have a scene in vegas either, so I have to drive a few hours at the least to get any real play, and I only just got a car earlier this year.  I understand how much not having any real comp can be frustrating, and because of that I support netplay.  I just feel that the ps2 port is much easier to bring around and get others to play, especially when you don't have a laptop to cart around.  Also, and this is purely a vanity thing, it looks less doujin when you're popping in a legit ps2 game and telling people "hey come check this shit out".  Stepping away from the doujin scene is what we need to attract players from the more mainstream fighter communities.

Anyway, there are pros to both sides, so try to understand his viewpoint just as much as you ask him to see yours. 
---

Offline zeech

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 07:38:14 AM »
Well, if that was the case, a better argument might be for a ps3/360 release with netplay.

But still, i prefer PC.

Offline MasterT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 09:21:38 AM »
I have no fighting game scene around me in general (I do not have the drive nor interest to become a tournament level player anyways), the only fighting game my friends play is Tekken, the few who played other stuff all moved off for college/work/military whatever. So I basically live off of fighting game netplay.

Hate to say it but if netplay is ruining the competitive scene then it must not have been that strong to begin with.

Offline CrimsonMoonMist

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 09:59:52 AM »
I prefer playing games on my PC simply because it's easier and mobile.

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: -3
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2009, 10:18:24 AM »
Yeah since when I read that on canned dogs I have been shitting bricks of pure rage. :emo: :emo: :emo: :emo: :emo:

This doesn't just mean no pc port for netplay, if also means that we will have no ****ing clue of what is actually happening story wise since I'm pretty sure an english translation for a ps2 game would only be doable through a modded pirated copy (if at all) so that means mirror moon won't touch this with a 10 foot barge pole unless it actual gets a pc port and of course the chances of localisation outside japan are slim to none.
My Blazblue match videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?edit=1#play/all

SvB entrys are now open for online registration!

Offline MK dagawd

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2009, 10:24:07 AM »
  Well even if it doesn't get a PC port there will still be events, so that's all that really matters.  Although having netplay would broaden/make things easier for people to play each other, it would ultimately give less reason to attend tournaments and might even reduce the hype for such evens, this discussion has already taken place (Lol).

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2009, 10:25:09 AM »
I'd prefer a PC version, for some reason I'm horrible when not using keyboard. It would be a shame if it didn't happen.

However, even if he doesn't plan to he might end up porting it anyway in order to make money. Then there's also the possibility that Type-Moon will start up a new series. They are a company after all, and they need to make money somehow.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 10:26:49 AM by LivingShadow »

Offline CrimsonMoonMist

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2009, 10:29:54 AM »
we will have no ****ing clue of what is actually happening story wise since I'm pretty sure an english translation for a ps2 game would only be doable through a modded pirated copy (if at all) so that means mirror moon won't touch this with a 10 foot barge pole unless it actual gets a pc port and of course the chances of localisation outside japan are slim to none.

We'll still know what's going on, because people will post translations and such on the net.

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2009, 10:47:04 AM »
we will have no ****ing clue of what is actually happening story wise since I'm pretty sure an english translation for a ps2 game would only be doable through a modded pirated copy (if at all) so that means mirror moon won't touch this with a 10 foot barge pole unless it actual gets a pc port and of course the chances of localisation outside japan are slim to none.

We'll still know what's going on, because people will post translations and such on the net.

I guess that's true but it's still annoying especialy since all the type moon games that I can think of until this have been on the pc (hell didn't all of them but act cadenza and actress again start on the pc?)

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2009, 10:49:53 AM »

I guess that's true but it's still annoying especialy since all the type moon games that I can think of until this have been on the pc (hell didn't all of them but act cadenza and actress again start on the pc?)

If by all you mean a total of two doujin games then yes you are correct.

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2009, 11:32:18 AM »

Are you only counting Kagetsu Tohya (proabably spelt wrong) and Fate Hollow Atraxia (again probably spelt wrong) as expansions?

And theres also the origional Melty Blood (won't count Re-act there)

And isn't Witch on a Holy Night planned for the pc?

Offline CrimsonMoonMist

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2009, 11:46:03 AM »

I think he is counting the Type Moon Franchise as a whole.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 11:47:43 AM by CrimsonMoonMist »

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2009, 12:01:04 PM »
Somehow I misread "type moon games" as "Melty Blood games" warui warui

Offline psu319

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2009, 03:01:40 PM »
  Find it hard to believe there wouldn't be a PC port.  I can see them saying one is not planned right now to help push sales of the PS2 version.  MBAC is still available in PC format and still sells for $60.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2009, 04:02:28 PM »
You guys using netplay as an excuse for not having a scene around is bullshit.

The netplay scene has hurt this community. When it was on the PS2 back in 2007 we got close to 50 people for Evolution, about the largest number we've ever got for a tournament. We ended up playing on the pc port at the time, but that was with the guise of actually using it to practice. A year later we held it again on the PC and the numbers decreased. We didn't even bother with a tournament this year. There are countless cases of people who netplay religiously that are in perfectly reasonable traveling distance of an arcade cabinet that haven't done so, let alone attend a tournament that didn't take place infront of their monitor. There are still people in my damn STATE I can't get in contact with to play. How did we have a room full of 100+ that's 3/4 full of people that I've never seen at all in the past three years?

There's 307,263,610 people living in the United States right now and TRILLIONS more in the world. Trillions. If you sit on your selfish ass all netplaying all day and never bother to go to a tournament, then yes, you are severly hurting the community. The two PS2 releases of this game have garnered the most attention and new players that stuck around, not the PC ports. The 'netplayers' that came in at EVO or what have you have not increased in population, they're the same handful that have come to tournaments for three years now.

It's just evident that many of you think that someone else is going to do the work to create a scene in your area, so you contiously default back to netplay. It took years to get where we're at now, we barely reached a two digit status for the number of people the 'MB community' had. Zar is jaded because people think he just walks out of his apartment and yells "YO WHO WANTS MELTY" and niggas come running. The amount of time, work, and devotion he put in just to get people INTERESTED in the tri-state area makes some of you look like spoiled brats (and I would know having been there for each occassion).

It's not a viable excuse anymore. SF4 tournaments are all over the damn map. Talk to the organizers, ask them if you can bring a set up, and start shit up. Then do it again. And again. Hold casuals, push for a tournament. I don't believe Europe running that excuse either, there was a point where I wanted to travel to the middle of god damn Russia to enter one tournament. We hold our tournaments in the middle of a fucking park infront of two god damn Snapple machines. Go ahead and tell me you guys can't do better, please.

Don't act like it's impossible and start crying for a PC port when it's obvious you people are already giving up with what you have now.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 04:05:19 PM by Master Chibi »
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2009, 04:20:55 PM »
You guys using netplay as an excuse for not having a scene around is bullshit.

The netplay scene has hurt this community. When it was on the PS2 back in 2007 we got close to 50 people for Evolution, about the largest number we've ever got for a tournament. We ended up playing on the pc port at the time, but that was with the guise of actually using it to practice. A year later we held it again on the PC and the numbers decreased. We didn't even bother with a tournament this year. There are countless cases of people who netplay religiously that are in perfectly reasonable traveling distance of an arcade cabinet that haven't done so, let alone attend a tournament that didn't take place infront of their monitor. There are still people in my damn STATE I can't get in contact with to play. How did we have a room full of 100+ that's 3/4 full of people that I've never seen at all in the past three years?

There's 307,263,610 people living in the United States right now and TRILLIONS more in the world. Trillions. If you sit on your selfish ass all netplaying all day and never bother to go to a tournament, then yes, you are severly hurting the community. The two PS2 releases of this game have garnered the most attention and new players that stuck around, not the PC ports. The 'netplayers' that came in at EVO or what have you have not increased in population, they're the same handful that have come to tournaments for three years now.

It's just evident that many of you think that someone else is going to do the work to create a scene in your area, so you contiously default back to netplay. It took years to get where we're at now, we barely reached a two digit status for the number of people the 'MB community' had. Zar is jaded because people think he just walks out of his apartment and yells "YO WHO WANTS MELTY" and niggas come running. The amount of time, work, and devotion he put in just to get people INTERESTED in the tri-state area makes some of you look like spoiled brats (and I would know having been there for each occassion).

It's not a viable excuse anymore. SF4 tournaments are all over the damn map. Talk to the organizers, ask them if you can bring a set up, and start shit up. Then do it again. And again. Hold casuals, push for a tournament. I don't believe Europe running that excuse either, there was a point where I wanted to travel to the middle of god damn Russia to enter one tournament. We hold our tournaments in the middle of a fucking park infront of two god damn Snapple machines. Go ahead and tell me you guys can't do better, please.

Don't act like it's impossible and start crying for a PC port when it's obvious you people are already giving up with what you have now.

Thank you sir I do believe you deserve a +HEAT

Building on this, my god do you know how many times I rage whilst playing online? So many people use their shitty netplay tactics that would otherwise never work. Are you guys proud of yourselves for being able to win with shitty scrub faggetry like 100% safe Tohno AD? My god. Around here people give you shit for even promoting MBAA. Only now have I managed to get a even a glimpse of a scene going here. And that's only because GG is gettin old, SF4 is well SF4 and BB has gotten boring for them. People here hate on this game like you wouldn't believe and will trash talk you down for even promoting it. Doesn't stop me from trying. Now I managed to get our scene into the double digits, but just barely. I'm not the best player in the world and most definitely not the best in this country, but I still help out the new guys with combos. Providing new players is easy as hell with Melty Bread constantly updating shit. Doesn't take much effort to CTRL + C and CTRL + P and show it to someone starting off. People would much rather perfer to play when they have a combo to start off with instead of some shitty netplay scrubbery that would never work in person. Really is it that hard to take public transit for like an hour to play a game in person? My god I used to take 2 hour trips to UBC just to play MBAC in person with like one other person who actually played. Suck it up you lazy bums and quit complaining about your PC ports and just play in person.
Happy Birthday to the GROUND

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2009, 04:23:37 PM »
You are right in that we have to work for it. Part of the problem is that Melty is kind of obscure (Compare those who have heard of Street Fighter or Guilty Gear to those who have heard of Melty). I'll keep on trying to hype the game in my area (currently have one other person interested and learning and a few more who will play if asked).

As for the PC version, I'm sure I'm in the minority on this but I don't own a PS2 (Yeah, yeah, save your jabs for later) so the PC version is the legit way for me to play Melty.