When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Noob: Tier List, among others  (Read 3143 times)

Offline KiD.D

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • 'Master of Unblocking'
    • View Profile
Noob: Tier List, among others
« on: December 12, 2007, 07:51:49 AM »
Sup everyone.
I'm KiD.D a.k.a. Silent Pressure a.k.a. Babyface Crow
NJ Soul Calibur player.
MBAC noob.

I just started this game... 2 days ago.
And, being that I have yet to receive the PC version, I am lacking in knowledge.
And I have had no one to learn from, unlucky fellow that I am.
But it's my goal to become to best EC player by the time EVO hits, but I'm gonna need help.

Just a few questions, answers or links would help greatly.
1. Is there a Tier List in this game? Even if it's only a slight variance, I'd like to know. Also, if any character has a quick non-super attack with invincibility startup frames.
2. What are the important defensive and/or counter options I need to know (and how do I perform them).
3. [Press O to reduce damage]. Is that just timing ANY button press to the combo?
4. Is there a trick to making invalid combos not work?

I'll be editing this if I receive answers, so others don't have the same issue as me.

Offline mewofforcena

• Vigilant Yellow
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Anyaaaan~
    • View Profile
Re: Noob: Tier List, among others
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 08:56:27 AM »
1 - http://www.meltybread.com/forums/index.php?topic=711.0 Complete tier list.
2 - Besides blocking, there's shielding, which you can cancel into everything except blocking, Bara Cancel(Bunker Cancel), which is a Shield followed by an attack, and I'm not sure if you want to count clashing, which consists in two attacks cancelling each other, with appropriate timing.
3 - Any button. You have to press it as you're hit by each hit.
4 - No, invalid combos, if I'm not wrong, only have their damage greatly reduced.
The April that's farther than May, reversal of limbs

Offline Justice

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 09:45:49 AM »
Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between a shield and a shield bunker?

Offline Sumaragi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 09:59:31 AM »
Shielding is when you just press D by itself, and I belive shield bunker is the 214D attack that can be used while in blockstun at the cost of some meter.

Offline ಠ_ಠ Dizzynecro

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Doriflectos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 10:22:10 AM »
1. W.Ren has a real shoryu! And i think she's the only one.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 10:40:48 AM by Dizzynecro »

By the way, Are Melty Blood and Melty Bread different games?

Offline asdfqwer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2007, 10:37:23 AM »
1- Nonsuper invincible start-up moves exist but they are made so that they can be hit out of. If there's a super armor (MBAC term for invincible frame) frame, the opponent can repeatedly hit you without delay (ex. repeatedly using "a") and hit you before your move after the super armor frame is over even if it was to continue into an attack. Nobody intentionally uses the super armor frames to counter attacks as the game's too fast paced.

2- The most important thing is blocking. One hit can lead into combos that take 1/4~1/3 of your life. Shield is used mostly (and only) when the character has a good skill to follow up (ex. Vampire Sion's 623C that leads into a combo), but there's too much risk involved. Many times, shielding projectiles and summons can get you in a worse position. It's not like SF 3rd strike where more you can tech the better it is. If you watch top players, many of them don't ever shield at all (though I saw Arlieth do it many times). Shield bunkers... can be hit out or avoided... I don't know of any normal or top players that use it effectively.

4- "Invalid" means that it isn't a combo. That is, if the opponent does a recovery move, that move won't hit the opponent. A trick to making them not work... I'm guessing you mean not to make it count as invalid? If so, you must first do a combo string that is guaranteed to combo, and you must get the timing right. No tricks really, only practice.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 10:51:48 AM by kimjjo »

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2007, 10:55:38 AM »
1) Post in the Intro Thread. You aren't special you don't deserve your own thread.

2) Look around the forums. All the info you posted is here. Stickied. Take 5 minutes of looking around to find it yourself. We even have a wikipedia for you to look through. Look at it damnit.

3) Here is your damned tier list:

S- Sion
A-Everyone else
B-White Len
C-Necos

4) ???

5) Profit.
what the fuck is this game