hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Miyako in AA  (Read 67459 times)

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
Re: Miyako in AA
« Reply #125 on: December 22, 2009, 10:24:03 AM »
Hey guys, sorry for the delays.  I FINALLY got the vid done!!!
Safe to say I won't be doing one like this for quite some time.  I'll edit this post with the vid tomorrow after I wake up as it's still uploading ATM

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RHRqJo4HQE
I hope you guys like it

Nice, looks great.
Happy Birthday to the GROUND

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 22, 2009, 09:47:00 PM »
Thank you very much!  It was very hard but the end result was worth it.  My Videos folder is like 16GB  :prinny:

I just took a look at the link Press posted not too long ago...I think I might be able to reproduce that combo.  The player air dash cancels the first 236A, does j.AB, lands, then does the 236A > j.BC > dj.ABC air combo ender.  Actually the ender might vary.  Looks like strict timing, but I might actually have an easier time doing this variation than the 2C 623BB variation lol
Yeah, I think 2c 623bb relaunch is the best all around, but it's fucking a pain to input that shit in so fast (especially on pad).  Even just buffering in 62c 3bb is weird, but that's prolly just cuz I'm not used to doing it.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Tiggy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 14
  • loli elbow drop
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2009, 03:20:42 PM »
Ok, screw that advanced combo.  It's a fucking pain to get j.A to come out after air dash canceling the first 236A.  It's possible to hit with just j.B if you're low enough to the ground, but even then this whole air dash combo is not worth it IMO
<LegendaryBlueShirt> Lol poverty plane would be paper mache wings on a car

<LoliSauce> If life was an RPG, I'd be that well rounded character that has a passive team buff aura.  Everything around me gets hype+2.  lol

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2009, 01:55:51 AM »
Ok, screw that advanced combo.  It's a fucking pain to get j.A to come out after air dash canceling the first 236A.  It's possible to hit with just j.B if you're low enough to the ground, but even then this whole air dash combo is not worth it IMO
Yeah, it's a really tight link and you have to delay just enough to get past the uncancellable point of the airdash.  It's a pain.  Not worth it imo.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2009, 10:12:17 PM »
Looks cool when you pull it off though =D

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2009, 11:06:34 PM »
Yeah.  Same with the double elbow combo off of reversal 623c.  It's not any better, but it sure looks fucking awesome.
---

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2009, 11:15:51 PM »
Hmmm, sometime during the Christmas holiday, I'll see if I can record a match between Tare and I where I pull off that double elbow combo and win with it XD
Too bad it's unlikely that he's gonna get hit by that 623c reversal not to mention me winning at all, but I have hope!  :psyduck:

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 31, 2009, 12:59:31 AM »
Hmmm, sometime during the Christmas holiday, I'll see if I can record a match between Tare and I where I pull off that double elbow combo and win with it XD
That would be dope!  lol

Okay guys.  I just found out something so dumb, I'm almost reluctant to share it.  Before today, I always though that her AD and AAD were just plain useless.  Well, half of that is true still (AD is still completely ass) but her AAD now has a reason to use it.  A godlike reason.

AAD bnb:
5b2b5c6c 623bb 236b 421b (w.th) 2c6c AAD
6.9k damage vs v.sion

AAD throw bnb:
th 5bc6c 623bb 236b 421b (w.th) 2c6c AAD
4.2k damage vs v.sion

It can be used in any instance where you would 6c > 236a, to basically replace your air combo with AAD.  Depending on the character, you get anywhere from 500-1000 extra damage to whatever combo you were going to do.  Oh, did I forget to mention how it also gives you the MOST GODLIKE OKI EVER?  Because it does.  When you think about just how much meter you build up with a single meterless bnb, shit starts to get real.  You'll only see it once or maybe twice in an entire match, but with damage and oki that ridiculous, it basically guarantees you the round.

WHY IS THIS SO GOOD AND WHY DID NOBODY REALIZE THIS SOONER?
---

Offline Legendary Blue Shirt

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 170
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
« Reply #133 on: December 31, 2009, 01:18:55 AM »
Because they were hiding it from you!

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 31, 2009, 01:30:39 AM »
Because they were hiding it from you!
Bastards!
---

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 31, 2009, 09:21:18 AM »
Even if her oki off of her AAD is really good (this was the case in MBAC), the problem is that mixup is still random, so you could end up losing all that meter for nothing (e.g. your opponent blocks everything and escapes). I'd probably be more inclined to not take that risk, and would prefer to have meter for 412C, at all times if possible, so I always have guaranteed knockdowns for every combo I land. If however though, my opponent was about to die from anything else than a full combo, the risk would be worth taking, for me.

That's just me though.

♪ Fairy Tale Transparently ♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKjB_mk_so

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 31, 2009, 10:46:43 AM »
I've played around with said AAD oki mixup and I've found that you don't really get the luxury to do it whenever you want. Most of the time I go for the 421c for the knockdown and 236c for the plus frames to guardbreak so I never get enough meter to build to max. When I do get in max, usually it get's used as initiative heat or circuit spark. Every so often I do get into blood heat, but at that point you've probably blown your opponent full screen away so you can't really just combo them as you wish. Plus I play against someone fairly skilled so he really knows how to not get hit in general, not to mention I'm pretty much pressured all day in the corner against this guy's Arc T_T (Fuck Tare)

However, I did find one cool thing that works pretty well =D
You can go for the 5{C} while the dust covers the charge animation or you can dash and crossup right before they land and do 22C which catches them in a meaty low. It's almost like a REAL sandoori! Except you have to pay all your meter and hope to actually get the hit you need to combo them AND that they don't die cuz chances are you've already comboed them once and it only takes 2 to kill someone.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2009, 08:52:20 PM »
If you do the combo, they'll be in the corner.  Can you still crossup as long as they're still in the air or something?  Anyway, other than the fact that you spend all your meter, there's not really a downside to doing it if you get the opportunity.  You'd lose all your meter if you did IH in combo just as easily, and for much less damage.  And really, you guys don't offensively heat during corner pressure to bait techs?  I do occasionally when I happen to be in MAX. (even if that isn't incredibly often)

Anyway, I don't expect it to be something used incredibly often, but it's certainly worthwhile to replace any given air combo with it if you have the opportunity.
---

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 01, 2010, 12:14:01 AM »
Actually if you AAD them even in the corner, it still gives you space to cross them up with the dash =]

Offline Tiggy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • loli elbow drop
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 14, 2010, 11:05:43 PM »
C-Miyako is fun for me.  REALLY fun.  I just picked her up like two days ago and it was the best decision I ever made.  I just have so much fun hitting her combos and doing her blockstrings.  And j.22C is just silly  :teach:

<LoliSauce> If life was an RPG, I'd be that well rounded character that has a passive team buff aura.  Everything around me gets hype+2.  lol

• Spellcaster
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
« Reply #140 on: January 15, 2010, 04:33:10 AM »
YES A CONVERT!

I've been practicing this recently, at first I thought it was character specific but it turns out that it works on everyone.

With C-Miyako:
Corner throw 5b 5c 2c 214a 5b 5c xx air combo
Around 2.6k, do not replace 214a with 214c under any circumstances, it will do less damage.  Dunno if you can sneak and extra 2b in there or not.
The timing for the 5b link is extremely tight, but I assure you it works.

Offline Shiki

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • Happy Birthday.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 15, 2010, 06:46:43 AM »
C-Miyako is fun for me.  REALLY fun.  I just picked her up like two days ago and it was the best decision I ever made.  I just have so much fun hitting her combos and doing her blockstrings.  And j.22C is just silly  :teach:

Play H-Miyako.

Offline Tiggy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • loli elbow drop
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 15, 2010, 08:20:00 AM »
YES A CONVERT!

I've been practicing this recently, at first I thought it was character specific but it turns out that it works on everyone.

With C-Miyako:
Corner throw 5b 5c 2c 214a 5b 5c xx air combo
Around 2.6k, do not replace 214a with 214c under any circumstances, it will do less damage.  Dunno if you can sneak and extra 2b in there or not.
The timing for the 5b link is extremely tight, but I assure you it works.

I was watching vids form Melty Bread yesterday to try and get an understanding of how to carry opponents to the wall, because that's where her combos lie.  Her blockstrings are sooooo fun!  Either go for guard crush, 5{C} or 5[C], or go for 236B mixup.  Only thing I need to work on is making the blockstring more airtight so I don't get poked out by disrespectful players lol.  But the only thing I couldn't really get out of the vids was a decent throw combo.  I'll get around to trying that

Play H-Miyako.

Haha.  My only true H moon character is H-Sacchin  :bleh:

And don't worry LoliSauce, I still play F moon.  I even have different colors I use for C and F Miyako  ;D

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 15, 2010, 09:51:57 PM »
Don't worry, no hate from me.  C Miyako is mad good.  She doesn't have the damage, but she has crazy good pressure.  Once I feel that I've gotten good enough with F Miyako, I plan on going back and relearning C and using both styles.  Maybe I'll pick up H sometime down the line, but who knows.  Right now I don't particularly have any love for H.
---

• Spellcaster
  • Meanie
    • View Profile
    • Logical Bends
« Reply #144 on: January 18, 2010, 08:52:03 PM »
Only thing I need to work on is making the blockstring more airtight so I don't get poked out by disrespectful players lol.

You can be as fancy as you want but her most basic foolproof blockstring (and scariest) is just 5b 5c 5a ad infinitum.  I swear to god it's that simple.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 19, 2010, 01:13:45 AM »
Only thing I need to work on is making the blockstring more airtight so I don't get poked out by disrespectful players lol.

You can be as fancy as you want but her most basic foolproof blockstring (and scariest) is just 5b 5c 5a ad infinitum.  I swear to god it's that simple.
IIRC, (5b 6b 22a)xn  is also airtight and is awesome because it doesn't reverse beat.  It just requires you to link 22a > 5b.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 02:51:59 AM by LoliSauce »
---

Offline sumbody

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 20, 2010, 07:35:35 AM »
5b 6b 22a can be shielded if the opponent predicts it IIRC. It also only works in corner.

5b (6b) 5c 2a/5a - repeated, on the other hand is a proper tight string but really prone to bunkers. And the multiple reverse beats will really affect the damage when you do land a BNB.

Just mix them up with jump-ins, air dashes and be creative in blockstrings. Strike the fear in them through 236a (delay) 6a into 214c and when they respect it, you can dash in for reset after 236a. 236a 6c is also safe on block IIRC.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Christmas Akiha just got sexier!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 20, 2010, 07:47:46 AM »
Is 22A like it was in MBAC where it's only + frame if they crouch block it?  If you use it over and over, especially considering 5B 6B 22A has no lows in it, you're going to get hurt badly if it's still - frames on standing block.
C-Wara main, H-Warc/F-Sion alt.

Offline Tiggy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • loli elbow drop
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 20, 2010, 09:35:15 AM »
All of these blockstring ideas are mouthwatering good.  I'll just have to incorporate all of these ideas and more into my game now  :teach:

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 20, 2010, 09:58:11 PM »
Is 22A like it was in MBAC where it's only + frame if they crouch block it?  If you use it over and over, especially considering 5B 6B 22A has no lows in it, you're going to get hurt badly if it's still - frames on standing block.
It's neutral when standing, + when crouching.
---