hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Is this safe?  (Read 3265 times)

Offline Einherjar

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Is this safe?
« on: April 06, 2008, 07:46:56 PM »
to be honest, I got hacked by giving my IP address away before... so is there any other way to play online without giving it away?
It's not that hard to hack someone with just an IP Address...

Offline Lokanas

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • MEGANEZOKUSEI, UNITE!
    • View Profile
Re: Is this safe?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 07:53:13 PM »
It's also not that hard to find out what someone's IP address is :V Don't worry, nothing's happened yet in all these years.
<@SILLYKICK> ARIZONA TEAM, GATTAI!  Lokanas! You form the torso! Tempered! You form the arms! Jaxx will be the fro! Duppy can be the penis! Together we are GREAT ROBOT CHOK-OH

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
  • Magic Circuits: 144
  • 5̠̙ͩ͑̂ͭͧ̀͊̍2̵̠̟ͥ̀1̂̑̒ͥͯ̋ͫ̐ͣ҉̶̜̮̀4̩̳̬̠̯̲̠̲̼͑̊̌̃̀̚9ͮ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 08:19:39 PM »
Yes, yes it is.

Every website you visit on the Internet? They know your IP address.

Every gaming server you connect to? They know your IP address.

Everyone you directly connect to in any game? They know your IP address. (Some match-based games do this automatically, without your knowledge.)

Now, a naked Windows setup on the Internet is, frankly, fucking stupid, regardless of what you do. If, for whatever reason, you haven't properly patched up security holes... If someone doesn't specifically get you, a virus or worm will. Get yourself behind a security router of some sort, or behind a firewall.

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 08:24:48 PM »
to be honest, I got hacked by giving my IP address away before... so is there any other way to play online without giving it away?

Once you're online, your IP address is wide open for everyone to see. You can't go over to someone's place to play without knowing their address, can you? It works the same way. You just have to reinforce your "door" with firewalls and whatnot.
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline MiaMelody

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Ultimate Attack!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 04:30:51 AM »
Just go use Hamachi? *shrugs*

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • quick doctor what is the patients status?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 05:16:38 PM »
I is going to h4x you though IP n00b.

you can't hack someone with just their IP you can do some other things though like bounce their signal(don't worry bout this firewalls stop it) though your computer to somewhere else, or ping flood you which requires a large amount of computers and only shutdown your internet temporary.  Plus why would a hacker be playing MB with you I mean it would be kinda suspicious.

Plus even if someone had everything nessary to hack you which more than IP is required password crackers normally take hours to run over a internet connection unless the person is retarted and has like 125812 as there security password trust me put in a letter or 2 and you are safe, from fast cracks, with a symbol or 2 some progs will take forever to crack you see a password such as this.  I204~4ms6235!  . thats kinda what mine looks like (aka uses stuff similar to that but not in that order or the same numbers letter blah blah) took my  friends prog 11 hours to crack that sucker

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 08:57:40 AM »
If you are on the internet you can be hacked.

Thats all there is to it if you want to be safe dissconnect your computer from your modem and never go online.