hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBCaster bug thread  (Read 7353 times)

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
  • Magic Circuits: 144
  • 5̠̙ͩ͑̂ͭͧ̀͊̍2̵̠̟ͥ̀1̂̑̒ͥͯ̋ͫ̐ͣ҉̶̜̮̀4̩̳̬̠̯̲̠̲̼͑̊̌̃̀̚9ͮ
    • View Profile
MBCaster bug thread
« on: March 26, 2008, 04:40:19 PM »
You got 'em, post 'em here. I want to hear all of them, no matter how minor they are.

For the record, I know about the port access bug, and I also know about the standby error warnings. The Vista stuff is going to take someone to contact me on IRC rather than the forums to fix, so tell me where/when you are and get your butt over to one of them. Other stuff I've either forgotten or haven't been notified of.

I think the oddest one is that searching for my mbcaster on google comes up with a corrupted page result, but the page itself is fine. No signs of tampering. Puzzling.

Offline Jen

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Konata is watching you :3
    • View Profile
Re: MBCaster bug thread
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 01:02:21 PM »
I've noticed that mbcaster always displays the recommended delay instead of the inputted delay to Player 2 before starting up MBAC.

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 08:06:21 AM »
I've noticed that mbcaster always displays the recommended delay instead of the inputted delay to Player 2 before starting up MBAC.

I believe Player 1 sets the delay.
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline Jen

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 03:08:56 AM »
Indeed they do!  But that's not what your opponent would see unless you use the recommended delay.

mbcaster displays the recommended delay to Player 2.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 04:41:02 AM »
I just wanted to praise mauve for putting this effort in helping people. You don't often find guys like him. :)

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 06:20:32 AM »
Indeed they do!  But that's not what your opponent would see unless you use the recommended delay.

mbcaster displays the recommended delay to Player 2.

Both players would see the recommended delay. Player 1's input wouldn't be shown to player 2 because there's little point in doing so. If you want to know what he placed for delay, question him through AIM or whatever. Unless your opponent is purposefully trying to mess around with you, he would input the recommended delay instead of any other funky number.  :V

Then again, mauve can simply add a line of code or two that displays the inputted delay to Player 2 if it pleases you.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 06:22:54 AM by Alfonse »

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 08:26:17 PM »
I have checked the code. It is not possible for the wrong delay to be printed to player 2. This is not to be argued - the value that is sent is not even written to until after the delay has been chosen. Now, the feasable problem might be that it's not actually reading the delay value that you give it. That would be an issue.

And I just checked, guess what, it isn't reading the value you set. Grand. I know what the problem is, it's a stupid compiler quirk(thanks Borland), it'll be fixed next version.

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 08:36:08 PM »
Your compiler is messing around with you? :V
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 08:41:38 PM by Alfonse »

Offline tigerboymac

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 12:07:46 PM »
program No.6 error      

reg
[2100]

those are the errors im getting my aim is musashiheavyarms if anyone would like to play mbcaster once i get it fixed

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 06:04:59 PM »
program No.6 error      

reg
[2100]

those are the errors im getting my aim is musashiheavyarms if anyone would like to play mbcaster once i get it fixed

Make sure you have the MBAC DVD in your drive. This is not caster related, actually.

Offline Sexy Mallard

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2008, 09:27:33 PM »
http://www.meltybread.com/forums/index.php?topic=1053.msg33469#msg33469

my problem (Im sure you seen, but posting here because Its the right topic)

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2008, 10:34:54 AM »
I like how you can post to nag about that but can't be bothered to come onto IRC and help fix this interactively, even when I give helpful links in the other thread for that problem.

I am not solving this over the message board, that problem is deceptively complicated.

Offline Sexy Mallard

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 09:02:44 PM »
I like how you can post to nag about that but can't be bothered to come onto IRC and help fix this interactively, even when I give helpful links in the other thread for that problem.

I am not solving this over the message board, that problem is deceptively complicated.

im sorry...? I never got a message to say "oh hey Mallard, come to the IRC so I can come and try to fix your problem"

I didn't know anything about IRC or if you are there to help others with bugs, its not even on the 1st post of the topic.

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2008, 06:51:53 AM »
So I need to get off my ass and do another release sometime fairly soon.

If you know of any problems with the current revision, say so, because things don't get fixed if you don't fucking tell me. I don't actually play Melty, so I don't give MBCaster a lot of use, therefore I don't really know what's wrong with it unless I'm notified.

Going in are the Caster startup freeze fix and the name fix right now. I know of the "MBAC crashes inside Caster" problem and what does it but I have no way of fixing it short of a very hefty rewrite of the program which is not happening. I don't know what's causing keyboard input to cut out randomly, or I'd fix it.(I'm a keyboard user, but it never happens to me. Go figure.) Anything else is fair game.

Offline Jen

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 07:58:20 AM »
The only bug I know about that hasn't been mentioned is that sometimes while using the observe function to watch another match, after the (first? maybe not necessarily) match finishes the game goes into some sort of loop and shows the same char select/match all over again.  (Small note: if p1 used random stage select the stage is repicked randomly between the same battles).

The only help I can really give you is that I know at least once when this happened the two players were still playing while I was in this infinite observe loop, and on that occasion the problem persisted when I tried reconnecting.  This has only happened to me 2 or 3 times.

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2008, 10:09:59 AM »
That loop is desync related. Technically, they haven't actually left that set, they're still doing "Once Again," but it looks like they've finished on your side. Caster gets back to the character select menu and goes "Hmm, they're still playing this match, guess I'd better go start it again."

So yeah, unfixable.

Offline Danielsan

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • ころころ
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2008, 07:55:20 AM »
After going through my replays recently I noticed that the short form notations of Warachia and Warcueid are both "War".
Wra or Wal would probably do for Warachia, I couldn't find any list with short form notations besides in the thread with the 2 letter ones.

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2008, 05:40:16 PM »
Oops. Yeah I'll fix that. I'll use the 'Wra' one since it's completely non-ambiguous.

Offline Dragonthorn

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2008, 05:10:57 PM »
i think this is a bug: when the other player presses input delay '7', it comes out as '2' instead. At first I thought the other guy was being retarded because it kept on happening over and over, but it happened again while playing against another person. But when I get to select the input delay, it works just fine.

Offline mauve

• Soul Hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2008, 08:29:01 PM »
He probably needs to update then, 'cause I fixed that bug in the last release.