When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: So, Hamachi Networks  (Read 3163 times)

Offline Justice

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
So, Hamachi Networks
« on: December 10, 2007, 08:08:01 PM »
Are there any for someone looking to just jump into a few quick matches?  I'm trying to get into the online scene and since I've rarely played against live opponents, I'd prefer to avoid humiliating myself in an arranged match.  Someone feel like helping me out?

Also, are HisuiKohaku considered cheap or overused?  I like the character concept, but I'd also like to avoid being a complete jerk online.

EDIT: Well, I just saw the sticky after posting this, but the question still stands, such as it were.

Offline Jen

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Konata is watching you :3
    • View Profile
Re: So, Hamachi Networks
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 09:50:07 PM »
Well, all the Hamachi networks I've joined seemed pretty informal, but I've only been on a couple when I couldn't establish a connection any other way.  As for HisuKoha, they're actually not used all that often from what I can tell.  Hisui maining is pretty rare, but you do see Kohaku leading a fair bit.  They're not really cheap, unless you're a total novice playing against someone who keeps slamming chairs into your face.  You definitely won't get any dirty looks for using em, if that's what you're afraid of.

Offline Justice

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 06:20:40 AM »
Oh, cool, so I guess I'll start working on my HisuKoha for competitive play then.

Incidentally, does anyone know if there's any way to form a list of Hamachi networks so that I can see which ones have open slots or at least click through them without having to type in the network names one-by-one?

Finally, do people still use the IRC channel or should I just forget about that?

Offline Twinniss

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 10:53:37 AM »
its preffered that you use irc channels

and really the only characters that are frowned upon is ciel and sion. but no one really cares anyways. people just might mention about it in tourney matches
Words of a wise man
[20:13] <@bellreisa> with practice mode you can turn 10% into 100%

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=232643&p=8761841&viewfull=1#post8761841 "For Instance, Cammy's strong kick(crouch) is two frames, because it takes almost 2 seconds to do"

Offline Justice

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2007, 08:58:38 AM »
In the event that I choose to create a server, what do I need?  Do I just create a network and leave it or are there other things that need to be done?

Offline Kelong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 09:11:33 AM »
the only characters that are frowned upon is ciel and sion

I didnt see Satsuki being mentioned, that's a good sign :D