hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Persona 4 Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena  (Read 51018 times)

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
Re: Persona 4 Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena
« Reply #100 on: July 07, 2012, 10:40:58 PM »
...but they are releasing it in EU. It's already decided.

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: -3
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2012, 04:59:40 AM »
Yes this game does, but if other devs are inspired to follow suit or they go back on their word since it was a success then we may end up in that situation again.

It may seem paranoid, but I'm thinking back to how Capcom started off the whole on disk dlc with costumes, hardly anyone cared because it didn't effect them too much, as this doesn't now, now fast forward 3 years to SFxT and we have characters and modifiers locked on the disk, since no-one made a noise about the practice when they were easing it in or those that did make a noise, made it with their mouths alone and not their wallets.

It may seem paranoid, but so is region locking your game in case people import it from elsewhere cheaper.

If the EU version doesn't have the lock I'll buy it, same with the Asian version, but not throwing down any money on a region locked game on a console where it isn't already the norm.
My Blazblue match videos http://www.youtube.com/profile?edit=1#play/all

SvB entrys are now open for online registration!

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 10, 2012, 11:23:47 AM »
Are you joking?  If you want to play the game and it's being localized in your region, what the fuck does it matter if it's region locked or not?  Games have been region locked since forever ago, this isn't anything new.

Stop your baseless complaints. 
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 10, 2012, 12:07:40 PM »

lol

You do realize this is the first ps3 reigon lock ever implemented and tons of fans are throwing completely legitimate complaints at atlus right
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 10, 2012, 02:00:25 PM »
Yeah. And it doesn't matter if it's region locked or not.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 10, 2012, 03:05:40 PM »

lol

You do realize this is the first ps3 reigon lock ever implemented and tons of fans are throwing completely legitimate complaints at atlus right
You do realize that nearly every system is region locked besides the ps3 right?  Even nintendo has returned to system locking their handhelds.  It's not anything new.

But the more important point is what the hell does it matter if it's region locked if it's being ported to all regions to begin with?  That's why it's a baseless complaint.  Take it elsewhere, there's no reason to cry about that here.  There have seriously been people reporting posts in here for stupidity.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2012, 05:37:09 PM »
People are mad on principle.

They can't coolimport their game anymore and have to walk to a local store or buy it online from a shop in their own country. Oh no!

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 12, 2012, 10:53:15 AM »
If the game does well there'll be no reason not to pull this shit again and no reason for other companies not to follow suit.

Do we really have to wait for a game to just get a JP/NA or JP/EU release before we see this as a problem, just like we waited for on disk dlc to become characters and gameplay modifiers rather than cosmetics?

PS3 being region free was taking us away from the rubbish days where a game could get released in your language and you wouldn't be able to play it because lol region lock, lets try not to go back there execept this time without things like freeloaders to fix it.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 12, 2012, 02:22:47 PM »
Impatience is a major first world problem, yes.

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 12, 2012, 03:21:01 PM »
I thought it's already been established that this isn't about impatience, but just to humour you.

We are talking about a hobby, everything to do with it is a first world problem, still doesn't mean you can't get pissed off at publishers when they screw you and refuse to give your money and positive wrd of mouth to support said screwing and encourage worse future screwing.

The term first world problem really is only relevant to anything when you start comparing things to war/death/ect. or going as far to threaten things which are illegal, otherwise it's just a equivalent to sticking your fingers in your ears and going lalala.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 12, 2012, 03:54:36 PM »
But the more important point is what the hell does it matter if it's region locked if it's being ported to all regions to begin with

The problem that people have is that it may set a precedent for games that aren't released in the US region.

In this specific case, I have no problem with the lock. I can wait the extra time, and I don't have a Japanese PS3. However, there are issues when people in certain countries can end up with incompatible versions. Say a company like Gamestop wants to maximize profits by selling JP hardware and EU software? (Which is exactly the point of said region-lock, but it isn't really fair to expect that the customers will jump through hoops for the sake of corporations' profits.)

As was stated in a press release, the reason for the lock is to maximize profits by preventing the JP players from purchasing the cheaper US version. The problem is that a great many people believe that maximizing profits is not a good reason to implement a lock and as such are voicing their opinion.

As with the argument of precedence, I think that it could go both ways. In this case the backlash against the lock was rather vocal, so other companies might consider avoiding it to avoid bad press. On the other hand, other companies might decide to implement a lock so that they too can maximize profits.

As it stands, companies have no reason to region-lock games that they do not plan on releasing outside of Japan. But they might start doing so anyway "just in case." In which case, Sony is probably going to be the one to profit because of the increased console sales.

I tried (and probably failed) to be as neutral in that post as possible.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 03:57:20 PM by LivingShadow »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2012, 10:16:40 AM »
LivingShadow, you're absolutely right, but that's only if it sets a precedent and is actually accepted as the standard again.  Having a region lock on a game that is releasing in all regions is just an effort to help local economy, which I think is perfectly valid.  If it wasn't getting a global release then I'd understand why people would rage, but it's all just if's at this point.

Iduno, please do yourself a favor and drop this.  You're making yourself look like a fool.
---

Offline Iduno

• Spellcaster
  • Trying to main C W.Len
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 13, 2012, 01:23:26 PM »
The "ifs" are important, the "ifs" are what could knock down all the good work the ps3 being region free has done for gaming and it's hard to see how I'm the fool, when answering to someone going "first world problem" as if it's the end word to an argument, when no-one is treating it as something other than a first world problem.

The only fools are those treating someone on the other side of an argument like one simply for being on the other side of the argument. :laffo:

Edit: Seriously I challenge anyone to find one post where I esculate this anywhere beyond being a consumer issue about an entertainment item. (Just to be safe, one post last edited by me)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 01:40:52 PM by Iduno »

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2012, 11:13:54 PM »
What has region free gaming brought us?  A couple obscure games that we can't read half the text in that we could've played anyway by buying a system from that region.  Your only issue is that you might have to import a system to play a game that might potentially not be released in your area, even though that has nothing to do with why this is region locked since if it isn't being released in your area the entire reason for the region lock is void.

A myopic view of region locking looks like it is bad for consumers.  Used properly, IE the way it's being used for this game, it's helping consumers.  Their entire reason for the region lock was to give certain regions lower prices(namely ours) so that the people in the higher priced areas can't just buy our cheaper version instead of paying the higher price they need to charge to make a profit.  If it weren't for region locking it wouldn't be profitable to release some games in some areas.

You also keep comparing it to dlc on disc, which is nothing but an improvement to consumers.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2012, 11:06:42 AM »
Iduno, I've asked you once and then told you again to take this elsewhere.  That's two times I've advised you that this conversation doesn't belong in this thread and that you've completely disregarded.  To help you remember who exactly is asking you to do something, I'm going to give you a day off.
---

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2012, 01:29:40 PM »
I hope you know the reason it's being region locked is because of the JAPANESE market, not ours.

They were buying the releases of the games here since they were much cheaper and Atlus lost money from it.

Stop looking at it like it's some underhanded evil Hitler-esque vendetta against the industry.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 09, 2012, 02:21:17 AM »
I'm disappointed in this game, mostly because it feels like every move has about 3 frames too much startup.  I need a real 2a damnit.  Playing this makes me want to play guilty gear.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 09, 2012, 01:45:13 PM »
This game is easy mode. 5aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa for the win.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2012, 01:39:44 PM »
Grats on doing 1/2 of the damage you should be doing.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 11, 2012, 09:07:05 AM »
Indeed, but you'll be consistent as hell.

Offline Pincher

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 11, 2012, 10:53:14 AM »
Grats on doing 1/2 of the damage you should be doing.
^This, and wasting meter you need for infinitely more important shit. It's only practical when your opponent cant burst and its going to kill them.
You don't have enough science.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2012, 04:30:33 PM »
Yeah, I do agree that actual combos are better.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2012, 06:31:34 AM »
This game kicks so much ass, it makes Melty look like a sissy.

Offline Jotamide

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 11, 2012, 11:44:02 AM »
Anyone still plays here? I'm wondering if ArcSys will end up releasing DLC for this game or releasing a balance patch of any sort.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 11, 2012, 01:08:44 PM »
No DLC or balance patches announced so far.