hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.  (Read 411921 times)

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.
« Reply #250 on: July 21, 2012, 01:53:39 PM »
Dippy and I will probably be playing some VF and Tempered may jump in for a few. And there's always Melty, so...what about that Melty gauntlet I mentioned I while back? I have MBAC ver.B PC but I might need to dig up MBAC PS2. lol

Also, some guy's twitter background eerily reminded me of broken neck woman for a split second. eeesh man. :gonk: If you want to continue your FF3 playthrough I'll bring the PS2 again. I might just end up leaving it there since I have no use for it at this time.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 01:55:18 PM by Steins;Date »
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 21, 2012, 02:04:51 PM »
I'd want some SCV somewhere in there.  I'm still surprised at how much I like that game, even if it does have some aggravating moments.  Of course, I'll probably be dropping everything for P4U.

So...today, tomorrow, Monday...?  Also, if you plan on leaving the PS2, can I borrow it?
:prinny:

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 21, 2012, 04:18:05 PM »
I most likely won't be able to make it tonight. Sunday/Monday can work, but I'll lean towards tomorrow.

Also if you borrow my PS2, then we might not see the rest of the FF3 playthrough (and your struggle against its amazing controls). :<

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 21, 2012, 04:50:31 PM »
I'd have to bring it whenever I show anyway since, even if I abandon FF3, you guys have Silent Hill to play through.

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 21, 2012, 05:08:21 PM »
indeed. anyways either day is fine for me, its up for what you guys want. Id be up for some SCV and MB as well as VF.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 21, 2012, 07:56:01 PM »
FFFFFFFFFFFFF'CK it. I just watched a FT10 in AH3, and it kinda got me excited again. Anyone up for some of that? lol (yeah right) :psyduck:

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 21, 2012, 08:05:22 PM »
Never got a copy, and with Persona around the corner.... :V

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 21, 2012, 08:06:36 PM »
I mean tomorrow. Not in 2 weeks. :-\

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 21, 2012, 08:13:09 PM »
I haven't touched it in...what...a year?  Something like that?  No condition to be playing someone without a major training mode session first, and by the time that happened, it'd be time for Persona.  Sorry, H-F; sometimes you just have to let go.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 21, 2012, 08:26:46 PM »
Fine, I'll be honest and say I don't feel like playing SC5 tomorrow. While it may not have been a year since I last played it, with VF out I've had no reason to touch the game anymore.  After having spent some quality time with it, I just find it very hard to have fun with SC5 even with its faults. And besides, TTT2 comes out in less than 2 months. I dunno about everyone else, but I kinda wanna play that game especially since it's being handled much better. The SC series is a niche game at this point. I've given SC5 a fair chance and I still can't find the same level of enjoyment. SC2 was the last time I truly enjoyed an SC game, even at the casual level. 5 just doesn't cut it for me. I find it funny that all these new costume packs are being released for SC5 (for a price) and a lot of them are costumes of Tekken characters. Makes me think they're inadvertently telling everyone to just wait for TTT2 (where all the dlc is free). AH3 is a game that I truly enjoy, spent a lot of time to get good at, and won a MAJOR for. So telling me to let go and forget about it isn't something I will take lightly. I'd gladly let go of SC5 long before AH3. The AH games have progressively gotten better with each iteration. Can't say the same for the Soul series. Project Soul needs to take lessons from Harada on post-launch support.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 10:49:03 PM by Steins;Date »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 21, 2012, 10:59:26 PM »
Easy there, we all know you don't care much for SC5.  Frankly, I find it amusing to be pointing at SC5 and calling it niche and not-as-well-handled-as-it-could-be when we're posting on a MB forum and AH3 was just mentioned, but I've been recently informed that one shouldn't speak unkindly of the dead, so I'll hold off on further comment in that regard.  Ultimately, I find the game's fun, it has characters that I like, it will always have a player base here because (like it or not) it is a major title, it's received a lot more than novelty support thus far, and if EVO is any indication, the game really isn't in a bad spot balance-wise; that's really enough for me.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 21, 2012, 11:15:25 PM »
eeeesh. One of the longer posts I've written in a while, without even knowing it. :psyduck:

I didn't mean to point out SC5 as being a niche game in a bad light, after all MB and AH3 are niche games as well and I haven't forgotten my background. We all have different reasons for liking certain games. I think people don't fully understand me when I say I play fighting games. Meaning I judge a game based on its fighting game mechanics first and foremost, everything else is secondary. P4UA is going to be NO exception. I had a feeling that Evo would be mentioned. I wouldn't consider Evo as the sole basis for credibility because 1) since it's not the only major that took place this year so you can't really disregard all the results leading up to it, and 2) there's also "politics" behind it. SC5 was fortunate to have its chance on the Evo stage. A game like AH3 was not so fortunate and for reasons I'm not allowed to discuss.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 11:18:44 PM by Steins;Date »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 24, 2012, 03:03:04 PM »
Carlos, if Ruben still wants an explanation as to why I believe C-Ciel is a stronger pick then F-Ciel, just copy and paste this:

It's all in the neutral game imo. C can fight effectively at ranges that F can't, specifically long range. F's knife set covers some very good angles and can be done as stand alone attacks, but the thing is, C has them too although it is somewhat different. This is probably going to be the deal breaker though: 236C (EX Halo). As sad as that sounds, it's the truth. This one attack only costs 100% meter, and there's just too many things to say about it. Even after all the tweaking it has received, it's still one of the best moves in the game. As I like to say it, it's the kind of move only a KOF boss would have, only differences are they would have a version that comes out in 1 frame, recovers instantly, and guard breaks. But that's besides the point. This move can be a game changer as it totally shuts down other zoning characters. Those characters have to play at your pace and have to respect you at range when you have meter. Going back to the knife set between C and F, C can combo off its knife set with 100% with both 236C (if you're at full screen) AND 623C (not as far). These moves allow C to score damage and close the distance at a range where F can't. There's also the Moon specific mechanics that come into play as well like having access to dodge and being able to sit on 200% meter for a really long time but it's still debatable. C can techically fight any matchup and not be any worse off than F. F will struggle against zoners and characters with superior space control like C-Mech and F-Hime for example. C does not have to worry about this. C can not only fight back against their zoning games but 236C will shut them down. F-Hime has her own 236C which makes the matchup a bit more manageable but it's still a tough match for her. I haven't seen a single matchup where F is the far superior pick to use over C.

tl;dr version: 236C is the deal breaker. I'm sure anyone can get the jist of that and everything else will fall into place.

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • How about some Ether Drive to the face!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 24, 2012, 03:15:17 PM »
HF, I'll always be up for Arcana, but you'll have to compromise: We have to netplay. D=

I love that game so much.
"Mmmm............ dead chicks."
             -Anonymous- (you know who you are)

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 24, 2012, 05:04:30 PM »
NO NETPLAY

dippy I might be out early tomorrow or Thursday so up for VF? If so I'll txt you.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 25, 2012, 11:50:35 PM »

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 26, 2012, 02:21:20 AM »
I thought we already established that I don't go for impractical crap :psyduck:

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 27, 2012, 06:13:44 AM »
its always practical in p4a

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 28, 2012, 04:25:31 PM »
So im guessing sunday is when people are going to show up this weekend?

Also nice avatar HF.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 28, 2012, 08:09:21 PM »
Bring your friends Sunday, as we have the hottest new fighting game in town -- it starts with a P and ends with a hantom Breaker (and H-F breaking my DVD in half).

I also some fighting game about kids from Inaba with personas or some shit...

Tempered already learned Naoto's 100% damage Naoto combos, the fucker.

Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: July 28, 2012, 08:31:54 PM »
Damn, now I have to show.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 28, 2012, 08:34:29 PM »
dippy, change "half" to a million pieces. You also forgot to add shoving the shattered pieces down your throat. I SO called it. That game's NOT coming out here. Because if it were, where is it? lol Besides, I already showed you what you guys would have to do to get me to play that game again, and nobody's willing to go through all that trouble.

Also nice avatar HF.
I've always had a nice avatar. :D

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 28, 2012, 08:54:08 PM »
Besides, I already showed you what you guys would have to do to get me to play that game again, and nobody's willing to go through all that trouble.

I think I missed it.  Was it spooning?  I'm not really big on it, but I might be willing to take that hit if it'd get you to play PB; your reactions to it seem like they'd make it worth the cost.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 28, 2012, 09:18:33 PM »
Spooning? What the hell? :psyduck:

I was referring to this. Which NO ONE is going to want to do. I'm no innocent rope maiden (though that image uses chains) who's willing to sacrifice themselves for a world not worth saving. Besides, why are you guys so dead set on getting me to play that game anyway? Me and that game have a negative compatibility rating. And none of you guys can give me an honest answer, let alone one with a straight face. :|

Don't you guys just want to jump into the world of P4UA and forget that anything else exists? I can't believe PB is even being mentioned in the same discussion as P4UA, that's like an insult to P4UA. Shame on you guys. :V

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 28, 2012, 09:36:37 PM »
Hey, I gave you an honest answer.  My reasons for wanting you to play PB are the same as my reasons for pretty much every other social interaction/activity I willingly observe/take part in: because I sense a reasonable potential for entertainment and/or amusement...

Spooning? What the hell? :psyduck:

Q.E.D.

Besides, while I am reasonably hype for P4A, I'm not going to get too serious about it until I have steady access to training mode; so, 1.5 weeks.  I'll definitely be there to push buttons tomorrow, but I'm not going all in yet.