hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.  (Read 417068 times)

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.
« Reply #325 on: September 07, 2012, 06:17:43 PM »
Looks like I might end up going to the Hazbats since someone's willing to lend me a pad.  I kind of want to see what the competition is like anyway.

I also can't meet Sunday this week.  Possibly not next week either, not sure yet.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 07, 2012, 08:16:30 PM »
Yeah, I'm not really feeling AP.  I have yet to see a character that really jumps out at me as being fun to play, and every other match in vids has a Chizuru.
:prinny:

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 07, 2012, 09:09:29 PM »
I'd personally be a little more interested in trying AP if it weren't released so close to P4UA and TTT2. But then again, Chizuru would be the character I'd play, and I don't think people would like that very much. :psyduck:

Regarding the hazbats, everything being on 360 kinda gimps me out. But I'll be ordering that converter soon. Just dunno how long it'll take to ship.

I would have asked SF_Punker about playing VF offline, but I didn't say anything about how we meet up every weekend because I dunno if you would have been ok with it. But he is in Mesa. I'd really like to play more than 1 person offline if possible. :| On Tuesday I can bring my TTT2 disc so that won't be a problem.

As for MB, yeah the game's not really going anywhere at this point. But I really wanna just go back and play all the older games just for lolz since it's not like we have anything to prepare for. :-\

About my current schedule, there's a good chance these weekends off for me aren't going to last. Apparently there's going to be another shift bid next week and I think everyone is required to take part in it. Which REALLY sucks because I just got this schedule that gave me weekends off. So who knows what I'm going to get when the results are posted on the 17th. The new schedules go live on the 30th which is odd because the work week for us starts on Monday and not Sunday. Blargh. I'm hoping to get another job by then so I'm no longer around when Apple's new software gets released. But even if I do, there's still no telling what my days off will be.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 08, 2012, 01:04:04 AM »
Id imagine we could have SF_Punker over. Would get a little wierd yeah but oh well. Maybe earlier in the day since you show up early anyways HF.

Well the real question is Hazbats or Regular meetup tommorow? Honestly with it being from 4:30 - 6:30 we could have both. I want to go to hazbats. But i'm fine with staying at home as mentioned before.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 08, 2012, 09:42:36 AM »
I won't be going to Hazbats.  Cost, large number of people playing games I don't care about, the potential for there not being a proportionate number of setups to the number of players (keeping wait times reasonable), and just remembering SRK tendencies to start drama over the smallest shit.....nah.  I'll wait and see what comes of the UAT gatherings Ruben was working on.

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: September 08, 2012, 10:15:01 AM »
I have no set idea of what I'm doing today because my sister decided to show up in town without warning.  I'm probably still going to Hazbats.  I may also be able to show up after if you guys are hosting.  The former is much more likely than the latter, however.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: September 08, 2012, 02:37:45 PM »
Yeah I think well just host like normal this week. Same time same place people. Good luck orrax.

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: September 08, 2012, 02:40:50 PM »
Today or tomorrow?  'Cause I can totally make today (like right now) if you guys have nothing else.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 09, 2012, 03:54:54 AM »
Good shit today.  I mean that, too; the only things I'm really pissed about are the really retarded ones, with the crown going to getting tagged by Mitsuru's jB without being touched by the damn thing.  Other than shit like that, I didn't really mind much.  I might just be feeling myself up a bit, but it seems like it's getting more and more dangerous to let my Yukiko get hits; less gimmicky shit overall, more real setups, and landing real combos with greater consistency.  Now to see what Slab can do.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 09, 2012, 10:58:34 AM »
Yeah GGs definitely. I've noticed that you're capitalizing on openings a lot more which is good because you really need it in this game. Then there was that sneaky crossup that I only had like a 1 in 3 success rate defending against. Also that j.B Mitsuru crossup was....yeaaaaaah. It made me reach the "Ok I'm done with that" phase sooner than expected. I kinda wish the game had replay saves just for stuff like that because even I can't argue with that. The only things I could get upset about, were the instances when Yu and Izanagi wanted be a pair of dingleknocking mongoloids and do something completely different from what I told them. The most notable examples being random opening round gold burst, 5BC into 5D instead of slide, and slide > RC > slide. Other than that, can't really complain. Show us your Shabrys, err, Slab next weekend. Truth be told I kinda did wanna play Chie (lol) but if I did, that means I'm playing 3 of the 4 best characters in the game and, eh, I don't think people would like that very much. :V But I'm willing to try out something new, if you consider her all that new compared to the 2 characters I'm already playing. :|

dippy are you still down for TTT2 on Tuesday? Without going back too deep into last night's discussion, I feel like if you enjoy a game enough, and have other people to play against, that's usually good enough for me. Fighting games aren't meant to be played alone. What gets me down personally is that I get the feeling people just don't like playing against me in any game, even if it's not so visible when I'm there. All I really wanna do with fgs these days is to have fun and learn the games at a decent enough level. I agree that the whole e-sports thing has really changed the way people look at fgs these days and I can't say I agree with it either. Doesn't mean we have to follow suit.

In any case, I'm going to place my order for the 360 converter soon but I dunno when it'll arrive. What I'd like to do is have my PS3 as a dedicated Persona setup and then we can use the 360 for VF/TTT2 or if you don't mind playing TTT2 on your PS3. Just so I know, it IS possible for both players to use costume edits offline right? And you can grind for fight money really fast? :| They really dropped the ball on those with T6 (among other things).
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 11:02:42 AM by AzureWanderings »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 09, 2012, 02:51:25 PM »
By the way, H-F, you may not need to get a converter for Hazbats.  I'm sure it'd be convenient, but, despite advertising it as 360 only, they were running PS3 setups as well.  I played all my matches on PS3.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: September 09, 2012, 03:15:20 PM »
dippy are you still down for TTT2 on Tuesday? Without going back too deep into last night's discussion, I feel like if you enjoy a game enough, and have other people to play against, that's usually good enough for me. Fighting games aren't meant to be played alone. What gets me down personally is that I get the feeling people just don't like playing against me in any game, even if it's not so visible when I'm there. All I really wanna do with fgs these days is to have fun and learn the games at a decent enough level. I agree that the whole e-sports thing has really changed the way people look at fgs these days and I can't say I agree with it either. Doesn't mean we have to follow suit.

In any case, I'm going to place my order for the 360 converter soon but I dunno when it'll arrive. What I'd like to do is have my PS3 as a dedicated Persona setup and then we can use the 360 for VF/TTT2 or if you don't mind playing TTT2 on your PS3. Just so I know, it IS possible for both players to use costume edits offline right? And you can grind for fight money really fast? :| They really dropped the ball on those with T6 (among other things).
Come by Tuesday; nothing has changed there.

Let me get this out, up front: I was not getting upset because I was playing you -- I was getting irritated because I was playing like absolute trash. I honestly don't see how those later games could have been even remotely interesting; there was no challenge there at all. It's awful when you're playing like crap, you know what you need to do to play better... but it just never happens. In the few rounds where there was a major shift in move selection and cadence, I would have a lot more success... but then something would go wrong and it would be back to the same old elbow low jab elbow low jab elbow low jab bullshit. I know about eighteen reasons why it's so bad but when it comes down to it, I don't have any confidence in pushing the right button, which is why the overly conservative play happens.

I could see how you perceive people as not enjoying playing you; I suspect it's due to a few reasons. You have a fairly high level of latent talent, your play is very straightforward, and you're not very good at explaining what's going on when you're playing -- never mind trying to explain what someone else what they could do to improve. Don't take that last point as a failing on your part -- most top players, from my experience, play at an instinctual level and don't really have a mechanical understanding of the game. They just know what works, and what to do in a given situation.

The whole e-sports for fighting games movement is a bit of a lark, and honestly I don't have a problem with it in and of itself (as the events get bigger and the players become more well known, of course there's going to be more money to be thrown around). I don't even have a problem with that, in and of itself. It's more of the myopia of both the organizations involved and the players; this sub-genre is not nearly big enough to allow the smaller communities to survive and breathe while a plurality is focused on the biggest games. People who play and push smaller games are seen as threats.

Please order that converter as soon as possible... fucking pad players. :V Yes, both players can use custom outfits in offline versus in TTT2 -- it loads the outfits for both players from the lead profile, 10 slots per character (so you can't load your profile remotely and then use your own outfits). As for grinding money... eh, it's still kind of bad. Fastest way to earn money (offline, anyway) is through Fight Lab; at least that's a bit more useful than the dumb scenario mode in Tekken 6.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Rubyiris

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 10, 2012, 02:01:57 PM »
A few of us tucsonites would love to play netplay with you guys some time in the near future. I'm teaching some newer players. :3

I should be getting a vehicle of my own in the coming months. Maybe carpools?

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 15, 2012, 02:19:28 PM »
I know this is late but if people want to come over today im still for it.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 19, 2012, 03:01:59 PM »
Needless swag.  Pity it's 3x the effort for a bit less damage than you should be able to get otherwise.  Somewhat related; Ruben's hosting again on Friday, last time he'll be hosting until he gets situated elsewhere, though there'll still supposedly be the UAT things on the weekends when Hazbats aren't happening.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 12:13:22 AM by Ryd »

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 20, 2012, 12:01:39 AM »
lol I was just about to link that video carlos. I probably wont go to Rubens this friday.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 20, 2012, 12:21:27 AM »
So much of that video is showing off for the sake of showing off.  Naturally, I approve, though I don't think I'll put too much effort into learning most of that since there's way too much meter being burned for the damage returned in most of the non-basic combos.  The really good stuff is during the credit roll; DP-safe unblockable oki vs most of the cast and, more importantly, stuff that I was recently starting to work out on my own: combos into double unblockables for (near) full life kills.  Just a little too much emphasis on OMB than I'm comfortable with for Yukiko, but she really needs it to score real setups on grounded opponents...

Was anyone planning on Hazbats this weekend?

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 20, 2012, 04:37:37 AM »
Was anyone planning on Hazbats this weekend?

Honestly, after seeing how tight everyone was getting after watching the stream of the last Hazbat, I want everyone to go.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: September 20, 2012, 01:18:01 PM »
I'm trying to keep unnecessary costs down due to an unexpected vet bill.  Just send H-F and let him take that shit for free.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: September 20, 2012, 07:54:34 PM »
lol I played Persona the other day and right now I feel so stiff at the game. Not sure if I can go to Ruben's tomorrow night, but I'll have to see. I'd like to not be the only one going to Hazbats if at all possible. :psyduck:

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 21, 2012, 02:52:00 PM »
well dippy is probably taking me so that'll be fine. Also we will still host on Saturday just a little bit later. Probably around 7:30.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: September 21, 2012, 09:30:20 PM »
Where can I find info about the Hazbats tomorrow, like the location, time, etc? I'm fine if you guys host tomorrow night as well. I'd like to keep my Sundays open now that I have them off. Once again the new schedule I just got gives me weekends off again thankfully.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: September 22, 2012, 05:20:38 AM »
I may not make it to the ranbats.  6am and I'm still not asleep; totally fried after the gauntlet I ran at Ruben's.  Everyone wanted in on the Yukiko action.