When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.  (Read 414368 times)

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.
« Reply #350 on: September 22, 2012, 11:38:06 AM »
Where can I find info about the Hazbats tomorrow, like the location, time, etc?

Here's the Hazbats info.

I will be there as well.

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: September 22, 2012, 02:19:49 PM »
I may not make it to the ranbats.  6am and I'm still not asleep; totally fried after the gauntlet I ran at Ruben's.  Everyone wanted in on the Yukiko action.

well as I mentioned if well still be hosting afterwards. so if you want you can show up for persona or the TTT2/aquapazza action we'll most likely be having.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: September 23, 2012, 05:17:04 AM »
GGs today.  Sorry if I seemed a bit irritable, Luke, but A) I was/am suffering from sleep deprivation, and B) Chie is dumb and the embodiment of just about everything I've ever disliked in fighting game characters:

1) brain dead oki setups off just about every knockdown, with multiple chances to open you up each time, and she doesn't have to commit to mixup until it's safe; Millia's Secret Garden with the setup time of Testament's nets
2) A A A A A A A A A A A; plus on block...why?  I hated this crap in MB and BB, and my feelings toward it haven't changed
3) too much damage off twitchy attacks (FB puffball, BBU)
4) super that is a free ticket in, completely overriding the inherent design philosophy of being overbearing up close at the cost of being weak at range

I actually have less issues on principle with Yu (sword dives not unsafe enough, Cross Slash too good; his oki doesn't bother me quite as much - doesn't feel as airtight and idiot-proof as Chie's) and Mitsuru (Bufudyne's hitbox too big, does not need D whips when she dominates mid range and has fast gap closers).  Not to say that I find Chie unbeatable, just really, really dumb.
:prinny:

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: September 23, 2012, 03:34:40 PM »
No problem, Carlos, and GGs.  I have to be extremely patient to get in on your Yukiko; pretty much every time I rush things I end up paying for it.

I think you might be giving Chie's oki a little more credit than it deserves, though.  After messing around in training mode a bit, it looks like you can just delay your tech against the 5DD oki; that should make it so that you can DP after I've already committed to the mixup, not before.  As long as you're delaying it enough, I don't think I can prevent you DPing after I've already started inputting an airdash.  I can delay my jump and mixup as well, but so long as you delay yours long enough, I don't think I can help but leave a gap in my offense.  I might be able to block if I go for empty jump 2A, I guess.  I still need to test that.  You can also skip the j.DD meaty entirely if you just late tech.  I'm not entirely sure about 2DD yet.  All the stuff for 5DD should apply, except more easily for you since it has like half the active frames.

5A is definitely stupid, though.  It's only +1, so you can mess with it if you IB depending on whether I dash or not (can't poke out/throw if I do two standing 5As right after each other), but I don't know how reliable that is.  IBing well-staggered 5A pressure seems risky.  I also don't really have any particularly great mixup off of it (AOA, throw, or crossup, mostly).  What seems really dumb about the move is the way it baits DPs.  DP safe 5A that's the fastest normal in the game and is plus on block...yep, definitely dumb.

Meteors is a pretty silly super, I agree.  The downside is that spending 50-100 meter just to get in can significantly limit my damage output.  I feel like it's somewhat balanced out by how good fire break is (or whatever the move is that makes your fire attacks unblockable), but that may partly be because I still don't know how to deal with it.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 03:40:01 PM by Orrax »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: September 26, 2012, 02:01:31 PM »
So uh guys, those who are going to povertfest that is, what are the plans? Are you leaving tomorrow night instead of today? If so, then I should be able to tag along. I requested Monday off but I probably won't know if it gets approved until the weekend, so I can call the office this weekend to check up on that. Yeah, we really know how to plan things out here. :psyduck:
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: September 27, 2012, 06:47:12 AM »
I'm guessing you got my texts H-F and you're coming to my place after work, since I haven't heard of anything else.

If it isn't known already, there's no session this week! You'll have to be sadlife somewhere else this weekend. :gonk:
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 02, 2012, 04:55:47 PM »
So DoA5 works with my PS2>USB converter.  Still no idea what's up with Tekken.  Incidentally, much as I love Tekken, it's sitting on the bench until I can afford buying the game + classier converter/getting my stick modded.

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 02, 2012, 11:29:41 PM »
You can try my PS2 converter next time. and if it works ill probably give it to you. I have no use for it anymore.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 06, 2012, 11:19:36 AM »
Meeting today?

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 06, 2012, 11:56:28 AM »
That's what I was wondering too.

Also dippy, how much was the gas money for last weekend?

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: October 06, 2012, 01:07:15 PM »
Just in case I forget to ask later; does anyone know a good site/forum for DoA info?  The game (or at least Ayane) feels a bit foreign after missing out on a major revision and playing so much Tekken.  Also, in the event that anyone else has real interest in picking the game up, singles or doubles?

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 06, 2012, 02:29:02 PM »
Also dippy, how much was the gas money for last weekend?
Total for all of the gas used comes out to about $100, so just give me $35.

Meeting today?
Sure, especially since I don't think anyone is going to Hazbats.

Just in case I forget to ask later; does anyone know a good site/forum for DoA info?  The game (or at least Ayane) feels a bit foreign after missing out on a major revision and playing so much Tekken.  Also, in the event that anyone else has real interest in picking the game up, singles or doubles?
Check out freestepdodge.com if you want a DoA site. Be careful, as from my experience, the DoA community tends to be a bit... special. As for the game itself, it definitely feels weird, especially after playing so much VF and Tekken; movement seems to be a mile off now.

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 07, 2012, 04:14:00 AM »
H-F, you left Dark Souls in my car.  I'll bring it tomorrow or the next time we meet up if I don't make it.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 07, 2012, 09:45:48 AM »
Yeah I had a feeling I left it in your car. :gonk: I'll be there later today around 3-ish as per what we discussed last night if you'll be there.

dippy I forgot to give you the cash but I'll have it with me when I arrive later so that won't be an issue.

Tempered are you Korean yet? :psyduck:

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 08, 2012, 01:19:46 AM »
Taking a real look at all the changes to DoA, I gotta ask: when did this game stop being primarily for casual fun?

In other news, another infinite discovered in Mahvel :toot:  Seriously, why do people play that trash?

Edit:  More games need to incorporate frame data displays; DoA's training mode is going to spoil me.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 10:41:54 PM by Ryd »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 09, 2012, 01:29:34 AM »
GUTS DoA team finals; this was actually pretty hype.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 09, 2012, 02:56:08 PM »
Edit:  More games need to incorporate frame data displays; DoA's training mode is going to spoil me.
Play VF! :V

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 09, 2012, 03:07:21 PM »
DoA5 has VF characters; two birds, one stone! :nyoro:

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 09, 2012, 10:23:56 PM »
New TTT2 patch is nice. New characters and stages, Kuni's hitboxes fixed, and other stuff, but most importantly, almost NO loading time when selecting costumes. Need to finally dabble with other characters, so I'll try out Miharu. Hoping to find a certain move in her command list. :psyduck:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:38:14 PM by AzureWanderings »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 09, 2012, 11:24:49 PM »
Couldn't you find it in Ling's?  :V  If Violet was released, let me know if he has the double jf Acid Rain (-> 3:3:3) again.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 11, 2012, 06:43:36 AM »
Unfortunately Violet wasn't released just yet so he'll probably be in the next batch. That was going to be the first thing I tested. lol

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 12, 2012, 06:40:48 PM »
For Carlos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApAnlT2OPlk
Violet does have double jf Acid Rain, and it's tag bufferable too! It's #29 in the movelist. Dunno when he and the rest of the characters will be released though.

My goal with Miharu is to land as many d+4 (vs grounded) as possible. But uh....how do I use all these stances? :psyduck: lol

Also thanks for the email dippy. There's just a slight problem though. The fair is from 4pm-7pm and I'm at work until 6pm. So I'd be cutting it real close. It's been a while since I've been to a job fair so this may sound like a dumb question, but typical attire is suit and tie?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 06:59:34 PM by AzureWanderings »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 13, 2012, 03:22:42 AM »
OHMYFUCKINGGOD YEEEEESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Totally called that shit!  Fuck Lee, maining Violet.  Also hunting down a copy of T4 to practice Acid Rain again.  H-F, you made my night, which is quite the accomplishment after the trip to Tuscon today.

Also basically confirmed to have a job with B&N; not the best pay and hours until seasonal is over (if I'm kept on), but it'll still feel better than working for Amazon.

Also, for job fairs, you don't need to go full blown suit, but dress slacks with a good button-down shirt + tie is definitely the minimal requirement if you want to be taken seriously.

Also also, Ruben may be interested in stopping by to study under Dippy's Kokoro tutelage today (Sat) if he has time and you guys are up for hosting.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 03:24:25 AM by Ryd »

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.
« Reply #373 on: October 13, 2012, 07:17:30 AM »
For the job fair, I would say that business casual is the expectation; I'll see if I can an answer from someone at work.

Hosting? Today? Sure. If Ruben wants to come through, that's fine too.

(What is with the interest in DoA5, though...)

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 13, 2012, 12:31:00 PM »
DoA5 possibly overtaking AquaPazza in numbers here in AZ? lol I dunno. Also, what do I think of AquaPazza? :mystery:

That 3 setups thing we had going last time was great. It'll come in real handy again if we have more visitors aside from the usual. Just to make sure, we have enough power cables for PS3s right? :-\