hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.  (Read 413043 times)

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.
« Reply #375 on: October 13, 2012, 02:04:38 PM »
I was considering showing up today as well, but I'm not sure I want to distract from the DoA/Aquapazza hype with P4A.  :P

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 13, 2012, 02:18:10 PM »
If we follow the plan that was enacted last week, we'll have 3 setups to split between P4A, TTT2, VF, DoA, and AP.  P4A is one of the games that the majority play, so it'll probably have a dedicated setup while everything else is juggled around what people want to play.
:prinny:

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 13, 2012, 02:27:20 PM »
DoA5 possibly overtaking AquaPazza in numbers here in AZ? lol I dunno. Also, what do I think of AquaPazza? :mystery:
If I get any more lip from you I'm forcefully changing your avatar to a Chizuru one. :V

That 3 setups thing we had going last time was great. It'll come in real handy again if we have more visitors aside from the usual. Just to make sure, we have enough power cables for PS3s right? :-\
As long as you stop taking the power cables.  :P
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 13, 2012, 02:52:21 PM »
@Orrax: Don't worry about it. P4A gets its own dedicated setup, so feel free to join us.

DoA5 possibly overtaking AquaPazza in numbers here in AZ? lol I dunno. Also, what do I think of AquaPazza? :mystery:
If I get any more lip from you I'm forcefully changing your avatar to a Chizuru one. :V

That 3 setups thing we had going last time was great. It'll come in real handy again if we have more visitors aside from the usual. Just to make sure, we have enough power cables for PS3s right? :-\
As long as you stop taking the power cables.  :P
You make the avatar change sound like a punishment. :gonk:

Well I'll bring my psp charger cable just in case.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 13, 2012, 03:06:05 PM »
Sounds good then.  I'll stop by.

Out of curiosity, is MB pretty much dead in AZ?

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 14, 2012, 02:22:35 PM »
Well we're just not playing it anymore, but I suppose that doesn't mean we'll never go back and play it.

GGs last night guys, the late night matches were pretty funny.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to explain myself over something like this, but I feel it needs to be addressed because there were some very questionable things that were mentioned last night.

I.......I.......can't hide it anymore....my anime levels are slightly higher than average.

But they're still less than all of you guys. :laffo:

Oh and for the record, I landed 11 d+4 (vs grounded) with Miharu.

Also, dippy did you confirm what dress attire would be for the job fair? My guess is dress shirt and tie + dress slacks. I should probably bring a copy of my resume too. And yeah, I get off at 6, the only thing that would prevent me from attending, is if I get stuck on a really dumb call at the end of my shift. If I get out past 6:30 that won't be enough time for me to get down there, look around and actually talk to the recruiters. :-\

Also Tempered can you send me the link to the Xiaoyu/Miharu throw followup video through AIM?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 02:26:45 PM by AzureWanderings »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 14, 2012, 04:35:54 PM »
I will turn you guys into pros at breaking Alisa's uf 1+2.

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 15, 2012, 03:35:11 AM »
Please do

I.......I.......can't hide it anymore....my anime levels are slightly higher than average.

We knew this already.

Also playing around with Devil Jin some. He has 3 ring circus :V.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 15, 2012, 10:14:27 AM »
Hey as long as you all agree with the slightly part nobody will get wrecked, too hard.

And 3 ring circus? Do they actually call it that in the command list? Haven't seen that in years. lol

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 15, 2012, 04:39:02 PM »
Yeah its called 3 ring circus in the command list. I dont think i ever see anyone use it though. Havent watched too many devil jin vids yet.

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 15, 2012, 07:14:43 PM »
Welp, blazing kick into mist trap still works, lol.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 15, 2012, 07:19:15 PM »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 15, 2012, 07:25:18 PM »
Do you finally have a copy?

Mist Trap is Lee's hit throw that works on both block and hit.

Also, I got front page'd on SRK again. oh god lol

« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 07:27:34 PM by AzureWanderings »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 15, 2012, 07:29:35 PM »
also what is this trap?

Lee's d, db 4 into 3~3:4.

Do you finally have a copy?

I found a used one at GS and saved somewhere around 20~25% off it; figured I could take the hit.  I haven't tried the online pass (probably already used), but I don't have much interest in netplay on this right now anyway.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 15, 2012, 07:34:50 PM »
Also, I got front page'd on SRK again. oh god lol

Yeah a little while ago lol. makes me want to do a CMV or something. I dont know enough about the game though. it'd just be stuff.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: October 15, 2012, 07:52:52 PM »
I found a used one at GS and saved somewhere around 20~25% off it; figured I could take the hit.  I haven't tried the online pass (probably already used), but I don't have much interest in netplay on this right now anyway.
lol I haven't done much online play either but I figured it's the best way to grind fight money if I really wanted to. Otherwise I'd just do ghost mode again. :| Did you manage to cop that converter you were keeping tabs on?

Yeah a little while ago lol. makes me want to do a CMV or something. I dont know enough about the game though. it'd just be stuff.
I think it was a few days back. Yeah Tekken is very popular for CMVs. New ones come out on a near daily basis. A lot of them are pretty crazy too. :| I've got another one coming up and thankfully no one has done it yet either. If someone beats me to it I'm canning the project.

I was thinking, maybe we should start a team on World Tekken Federation? lol
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 08:45:01 PM by AzureWanderings »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 15, 2012, 08:05:33 PM »
Nah, missed it by one bid.  It's not too big a deal since I played Tekken on pad up until 5 came out, though throwing Asuka in the mix forces me to do a lot of hand shuffling, as I had to do with Jun in Tag 1 due to needing different grips for the Kazamas.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 17, 2012, 10:02:58 PM »
So I was doing...oh...everything wrong (big surprise  :V).  Habits need breaking, things need optimizing.  Asuka/Alisa hit like 80-100+ damage off almost every launcher without wall extensions, so this doesn't seem to be too bad of a team damage-wise (at least compared to the people I've heard struggling to break 90 consistently).  Apparently lame as fuck though, with both being slippery bitches.  Asuka's 3~4+db sweep feint is dirty.

Lee's going on the backburner until Violet is released.  I already started working on his real shit, but only Acid Rain can make up for the loss of swag that comes with this game not having a decent tux for the man.  What really gets to me is that two of his portraits show him in tuxes that don't make it look like he's wearing football gear under them.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:18:30 PM by Ryd »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 18, 2012, 11:18:12 AM »
Which one of you poor unfortunate souls is going to get hit by the true H-F Special? (aka the business) Don't ask what it is, you'll know when it hits you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEUwTy8tLWY Lee's tux did look more in proportion with his character model back in T6. lol Kinda funny how in Tag 2 all the male characters with suits/tuxes have ones that are proportionate to their character models except for him. :|
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 01:54:23 PM by AzureWanderings »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 18, 2012, 04:17:13 PM »
I feel I should write to them so they can address this horrendous flaw with Lee's wardrobe.

I'm not sure if the Fight Lab thing is the greatest thing I've seen in a Tekken game, or the worst.  And I'm not talking from a balance perspective, because that's obviously busted. 

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 19, 2012, 01:53:57 AM »
some persona for a change.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm19119765

Yay impracticle smp loops

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 19, 2012, 03:48:22 AM »
Oh right, we (claim to) play that game.  Way too much time shoved into Tekken this week.  Customization too (I don't know how much time I spent in there playing with/checking options...), though some of those...things...sway between nauseating and rage-inducing.  I actually did more than a simple color swap for Asuka and Alisa; pity it's impossible to get them to match without screwing up the character aesthetics (I am probably one of three people to genuinely care about this).  Also in the market for a partner for Lee Violet, but I'll worry about that when more word on the next round of DLC is announced.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 19, 2012, 05:47:12 PM »
I have a wedding to attend tomorrow (not my own), but if people would like to meet on Sunday, I should be back for an afternoon~evening meetup.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 19, 2012, 06:58:35 PM »
I think I'll be available for Sunday. Funny how you have to make the distinction that the wedding isn't yours, I remember doing that a while back. lol

I'll meet up with the other guys if they're down for that, and we'll do the usual. lol I'm out of practice for Persona so I might do a little of that.  :-\

Also, there's no avoiding it. LOTS of time gets lost spent in Customize mode. Probably even moreso now that loading times were addressed with customizations.

Also, a partner for Lee Violet? I dunno, maybe Steve? lol I want dat Steve vs P. Jack runback. :bricks:

I declare that Hall of Judgement be our official stage. Those statues feed off our anger. :psyduck:

I need to run through command training with Miharu again. Too many moves. :psyduck: Need to find better TA combos too. What's kind of annoying is how combos will drop if you're slightly off axis to one side, sometimes both sides of the opponent.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 07:05:26 PM by AzureWanderings »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 20, 2012, 12:13:03 AM »
Steve, eh?  I guess he's an option since I liked pushing buttons with him in T4.

I was considering Nina since she can apparently do everything, though I'd probably focus on the weaker aspects of her game (those amazing(ly bad) grabs).

I was also kinda thinking about Lili since she's a good match personality/style-wise (these things are important!), but I'd probably be tempted to pair her up with Asuka for comedic effect, and I'd hate to split Alisa/Asuka since the two seem to set up each others shit better than the other characters I've experimented with, though that may be more due to the amount of time I've put into exploring their options.  I know Lee/Alisa is a functional team, but it seems like they require a wall to reach the damage Alisa/Asuka can do without one (3/5 of Alisa's functional launchers set up beautifully for pain from Asuka; Lee only has one that I've seen do this (amazingly enough, not BK), but for around 15-20 less damage); that doesn't sit well with me since walls won't necessarily always be an option, and I like the idea of having more stable damage output if possible.

Last choice I've been entertaining is Marilyn Manson Dragunov, but that's mostly because I'm amused at the fact that he resembles Marilyn, and I'm curious to see how well they implemented sambo in this.  I know jack shit about him otherwise since I've been spending time reviewing other characters, and the last Tekken I can really claim to have played was 5.