hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.  (Read 420603 times)

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.
« Reply #400 on: October 20, 2012, 02:39:38 AM »
TA fillers with Miharu? F+2 1 4 is the go to unless you do a super long combo before hand. Which I guess is possible with both Law and Jun :V . This issue is why I play Xiaoyu over Miharu. b+4 4 may not do alot of damage but it helps for wall carry. I would think something like BT 4 or UF+3+4 to send them flying with miharu.

I havent spent too much time in customize mode. I think the Mishimas look best at default. Shirts off and all (mad homo).

And we can meetup Sunday. Saturday people can come over if they feel like it as well.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 20, 2012, 09:05:52 AM »
Steve, eh?  I guess he's an option since I liked pushing buttons with him in T4.

I was considering Nina since she can apparently do everything, though I'd probably focus on the weaker aspects of her game (those amazing(ly bad) grabs).

I was also kinda thinking about Lili since she's a good match personality/style-wise (these things are important!), but I'd probably be tempted to pair her up with Asuka for comedic effect, and I'd hate to split Alisa/Asuka since the two seem to set up each others shit better than the other characters I've experimented with, though that may be more due to the amount of time I've put into exploring their options.  I know Lee/Alisa is a functional team, but it seems like they require a wall to reach the damage Alisa/Asuka can do without one (3/5 of Alisa's functional launchers set up beautifully for pain from Asuka; Lee only has one that I've seen do this (amazingly enough, not BK), but for around 15-20 less damage); that doesn't sit well with me since walls won't necessarily always be an option, and I like the idea of having more stable damage output if possible.

Last choice I've been entertaining is Marilyn Manson Dragunov, but that's mostly because I'm amused at the fact that he resembles Marilyn, and I'm curious to see how well they implemented sambo in this.  I know jack shit about him otherwise since I've been spending time reviewing other characters, and the last Tekken I can really claim to have played was 5.
Steve and Nina are obviously both very good characters. So you can't really go wrong with either. But with Steve you can hit all the buttons you want considering his moveset. CH b+1 with him is really buff with him iirc.

I'd say an average TA combo without walls does anywhere between 80-90 (if we're talking generic launchers like d/f+2 and hop kick) and good ones do 90+ if you use counter hit launchers and/or heavier hitting ones. TA combos in general tend to add an extra 10-20 damage, more if walls are involved.

I suppose the fun thing about Tag 2 is that although team synergy/chemistry is important, you have more freedom than the Marvel games where some characters are practically useless without certain assists. What I like so much about the Laws (aside from having the coolest idle stances in the game, also not on the same team obviously) is their solo damage is good making them great at draining red health, plus they have tons of tag bufferable launchers, so they can work with a lot of characters too.

Also, Dragunov (aka Dragnov in T6, lol typos). Yeah he was introduced in T5 DR which was the title update for T5. I guess he has the moves a typical Sambo fighter would have. I also think he's the only human character that doesn't actually talk either. lol Speaking of him, I remember when we were messing around in training mode a little last week, the random select gave the dummy team Panda and Dragunov. Pretty random team. "HEY GAIZ!!! I play Panda and Dragunov!"

TA fillers with Miharu? F+2 1 4 is the go to unless you do a super long combo before hand. Which I guess is possible with both Law and Jun :V . This issue is why I play Xiaoyu over Miharu. b+4 4 may not do alot of damage but it helps for wall carry. I would think something like BT 4 or UF+3+4 to send them flying with miharu.

I havent spent too much time in customize mode. I think the Mishimas look best at default. Shirts off and all (mad homo).

And we can meetup Sunday. Saturday people can come over if they feel like it as well.
Yeah, f+2,1,4 is the most stable TA filler I've seen. It's a bit easier to adjust to cutting combos short with the Laws than with Jun because Jun's combo fillers are those long strings that you see me doing and it's tricky to cut those short when the strings aren't just a bunch of dash jabs. I like PHX u/f+3,3 a lot. The problem is the timing is so janked and being slightly off axis can throw it off entirely. And yeah, Xiaoyu's b+4,4 is a better tool than Miharu's b+4 since it has much more utility. What I've been able to do as Miharu for TA is b+3+4 (enter RDS) then 2,1,4. Seems really good because it puts them in that "burger flip" state as I like to call it (dunno if there's a community term for that kind of air hit) and those are generally good TA moves as well since they send them flying really high and amazing for wall carry.

I'll probably see you guys later today, and again tomorrow. :V
« Last Edit: October 20, 2012, 09:39:06 AM by AzureWanderings »
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.
« Reply #402 on: October 20, 2012, 10:22:35 AM »
What's a Tekken? D:

Come by today, tomorrow, whatever. I do have a online tournament for VF scheduled for tonight, for what that's worth. H-F, don't forget about the $40 you owe me.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 20, 2012, 10:53:34 AM »
VF online tourney tonight? Did they change the dates?

Also I haven't forgotten about that $40. :V That should be my price of admission later today. :|

And holy shit that was a long post of mine. lol

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 21, 2012, 04:55:31 AM »
So what time to people want to come over today (sunday.) Probably want an earlier start since HF has work.

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: October 21, 2012, 11:25:40 AM »
I'll try to be there around 3-ish.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 23, 2012, 10:05:32 PM »
Final round double KO vs the CPU is still a loss.

I like how they went back and gave Steve multiple 10-strings, like there isn't enough useless shit to memorize in the series as it is.  I also like how the AI uses them as you climb in rank; good to know I'll learn where the lows are in the ones I haven't memorized yet  :V

There's something about this game's command interpreter that seems odd, or maybe the input buffer varies in window depending on circumstance; I randomly get Alisa's f+1+2 instead of ff+1+2, usually in wallsplat situations.  Wallsplats in general seem like they might require in-depth study; doing anything beyond simple followups seems really inconsistent (maybe a wallsplat height/timing thing?  miniscule differences in attack/wallsplat angle?), even when repeating the same strings.  Also, hitboxes; I've been on both ends of stupid shit, the highlight being barely nailing someone who was tagging out with Asuka's 1,3, and having the low connect when there was a huge gap between Asuka's leg and closest part of the opponent's body.  It wasn't even a fat/big guy.

I've decided to go with team flower-power (Violet/Lili) for my alt team once the next round of DLC characters are released (easier to take than team LiLee  :emo:  also, Acid Rain).  I don't like how Marilyn moves,  I'd just spam chain grabs with Nina and stupid shit like Gatling Gun with Steve, and the grace/arrogance built into Lili's moves is just too good of a partner for Lee's swag.  Those two are way too classy.

I feel like I should make an effort to play more DoA on the side; need a lot of work there, too.  My motivation for P4A has been circling the drain the last couple weeks.  These 3D fighters are just too much.
:prinny:

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 23, 2012, 10:05:48 PM »
GGs in Tag 2 the other night.

What would our team name be if we started one? lol

Also, since when is final round double KO vs the AI NOT a loss? I can't remember the last game that did otherwise if there were any.

Would anyone be up for netplay matches? I recently played a friend from back home (SoCal) and the connection was really good with minimal hiccups. I was able to land most of my usual combos. I played about 20 matches with him but past a certain point I stopped getting lucky boxes. So I only made like 2 million over the course of the session. :-\

And yeah, regarding P4A, I kinda feel the same way. Then again, so have other people too. 3D fighters require quite a bit of time to get even decent at them. And last weekend dippy and I had played VF when the last time was about a couple weeks back.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 12:24:09 AM by AzureWanderings »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 25, 2012, 08:27:17 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwA5ootjAbY
I need to find a way to land the combo at 1:00:20. What's rage again? :psyduck:

Still don't fully understand how to use custom decals. I can't find a way to place an emblem on the character's back while it's right side up. :| But other than that I'm trying to design the costumes for my main team have a theme to them.

Also I might not be available Saturday so would people be ok with Sunday this week? I should know by either tomorrow night or early Saturday.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 25, 2012, 08:35:35 PM »
Sat/Sun makes no difference to me, I'll have to bail by 1am either way due to morning engagements on Sun/Mon.

To get decals correctly on a characters' back, rotate them around the x-axis, not the y.  At least I think that's how it goes.  I remember having that problem at first, too.  Just play with it a little more; it's definitely possible.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 27, 2012, 12:48:57 PM »
See you guys later today?

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 27, 2012, 02:34:06 PM »
Whenever. If you can make it we can host today. If you guys want to come over tommorow (sunday) thats fine as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwA5ootjAbY
I need to find a way to land the combo at 1:00:20. What's rage again? :psyduck:

Dat super shallow angle triple wall splay lol.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 02:37:59 PM by Tempered »

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 27, 2012, 02:35:56 PM »
You guys want to help me with yard work? :bricks:

Beyond that, yeah I don't really care either.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 27, 2012, 02:38:42 PM »

Beyond that, yeah I don't really care either.

Im suprised your not yelling at me to Help. (shit im giving him ideas, now he'll make me do it all myself.)

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 27, 2012, 02:42:22 PM »
Speaking of yard work, there are some weeds growing in my front yard. bleh :gonk:

I'll be available tomorrow as well. Just don't have anything to do tonight. Leaving soon.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 28, 2012, 11:03:27 AM »
See you guys later today? I left my PS3 there. :V Obviously I won't be staying nearly as late because I have work tomorrow, and I have to stop by the airport before I start.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 28, 2012, 01:34:19 PM »
I guess I can make it.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 28, 2012, 02:10:51 PM »
only if you want to.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 29, 2012, 12:45:45 AM »
Alright guys, semi-long post, possibly coming up. So don't read it unless you're really bored.

GGs in Tag 2 once again as always. I'm not gonna lie though there's some bullshit that happened that shouldn't have happened, and we were all on the receiving end of it at one point or another, multiple times even. I still get the impression that people do get upset at fighting against me, and I can't say I blame them. I regret to admit that I'm someone who has spent a little too much time with the combo theory for the game. I can understand that and it can make things pretty ridiculous and at times, as well as unfun when you're losing over half your life from a single launcher and if you're at the wall, a bullshit mixup attempt that could end the round if you twitch the wrong way. But at the same time my punish game has suffered. Numerous times I fail to punish Asuka's Demon Slayer (-20) properly and blocked 2,3 (-18), all of which can be punished pretty big by the characters I play. Here's a tip: the Laws' WS+2 (huge uppercut) is -18 so have at it. But anyway, maybe I'm being too much of a try-hard? At heart I'm playing for fun since I have a history with the series and I get the most enjoyment out of exploring the combos (I've put together a few videos). I've tried to be helpful, and I may not know the most about everyone else's characters, but I've given hints on what to look for when fighting the characters I use. Not many people do that really. But you gotta do so to help the rest of your circle improve.

And dippy I agree with what you said earlier, that you just need to chill out when playing Tag 2. We all know that there's A LOT that needs to be learned, and you even know that you don't really have the time or feel like putting in the time to learn all of that stuff (strings, block punishment, etc.). So as such, try to approach it differently and the game might be more enjoyable. Like for example, myself and P4A. I don't think the game is bad, but it does get tiring kinda quickly due to its simplistic nature. With P4A, I kinda felt the same way you do about Tag 2. It's pretty clear that I played the game for fun, and that I never really put in the extensive amount of time to improve at the game. Consequently, when I lost matches or when I just got outright stomped, I never really felt bad about it, because I just had a completely different mindset about it. I suppose if you enjoy anything about Tag 2, then that's enough reason to play it. Just try to have fun. And as always GGs in VF. It's pretty clear that VF is much less stressful to play than Tag 2, or any other Bamco fighter really. And we already know why.

Hopefully I'm not killing the game for you guys.

/semi-serious post

Onto some other stuff...

I was thinking of the discussion about how within our own little circle, we are somewhat "divided." Tag 2 is the game that we're all playing right now, but there are other games that only a select few of us will play against each other:

dippy and I are the only ones who will play VF.
dippy and Carlos are the only ones who will play DOA.
dippy and Tempered are the only ones who will play AquaPazza (well, at least until I have the drive to try it out again or until I finally enter scene killer mode. But what do I truly think of the game? :mystery:)
Carlos and Tempered play P4A (at least until I jump in again)
There is no game in recent time that only Tempered and I play. AH3 would be the most recent one (Double Dragon doesn't really count lol) but that's that.

Ruben is supposedly going to be running DOA sessions? Do him or any other guys happen to play Tag 2 as well? I'd like to play other people too and I don't think any of us would mind getting some other competition.

It was pretty amusing seeing/hearing Carlos play VF. I applaud you for finally giving the game a shot and I liked hearing your reactions to some of the characters and their moves, namely Lei-Fei's double front flip. lol

Regarding Chaos Code, Cerberus does look like the kind of character I'd play, mainly for Melty style mechanics. The dude can combo INTO his air throw, and OUT of his air throw. :laffo: And he's got some pretty decent air movement, with a dive kick to boot as well (no pun intended). Nevermind the trench coat, guns + swords, and Dante/Vergil color schemes. Those are just....there. :| But what's so bad if I said I kinda wanted to play Celia too (not the number II)?  :-\ I mean, she does look like a dippy character (aesthetically), but I said that I just like the whip loop that she had. Then I said that I kinda like her voice and Carlos was all flipping out, rather getting pretty worried. I never said it was the reason I would play her, just something I liked about the character. What's wrong with it? :psyduck:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 01:40:51 AM by AzureWanderings »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 29, 2012, 01:46:38 AM »
It gets a bit frustrating to play against you in games, H-F, but that's primarily due to the fact that you have more solid fundamentals; I'll never really bitch though, because I'll be the first to admit that I haven't really put a whole lot of time into working on it.  I also get lazy and play way too much off instinct and generally doing stuff that feels like it might be a good idea, or just plain amuses me.  The latter takes precedence more often than it should.

Regarding Tekken, the only thing I particularly dislike is that Law's damage feels kind of high for random hits (not exclusive to Law, but nobody else really capitalizes on that kind of thing yet), but I won't bitch much on that account either because there's a ton of crap I need to (re)learn seeing as the last time I really touched the series was 4 (and playing Lee in 4 was very different from playing Asuka or Alisa), and I'll admit that I haven't gone into training mode to look into getting out of/around strings (OD'ing on combo theory instead of the important stuff  :toot:).  Also, getting hit by highs/mids while holding back; not really sure what happened on those occasions, but that's pretty irritating.  I also wish the game had more detailed information displays since concrete information online is sporadic at best (at least on TZ).

Don't worry about killing the game for me; I'm not really expecting to do particularly well at this point.  For now, I'm happy with pushing close/taking rounds when I can.  I do okay-ish with Alisa at times, but I know there's more I need to work into there.  Asuka is a character that generally requires you to really know your opponent's options to do well  (slippery due to lots of high/low crush), but seeing as I haven't worked much on that knowledge yet... :V  It's a work in progress, impeded by being easily distracted by other things.

Ruben was messing around with Tekken the last time he hosted; I don't know how srs he is about it.  I know a couple of the other guys were pushing buttons with it, too; but same story as Ruben.  I can ask about that though; certainly wouldn't hurt to have greater player/character diversity in the group.  ...Now watch as everyone plays a Mishima, Law, Xiaoyu/Miharu, Alisa, and Jun/Asuka.

P4A has been losing my attention lately because I've been presented with shinier, more complicated toys.  I've also come to dislike some of the decision-making that went into the game, but that's a longer discussion than I have consciousness for right now.

Also, Shaolin Monk: Spinnin' Rims.  C'mon, there's no way that shit isn't hype.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: November 01, 2012, 12:56:17 AM »
Another late night post. And probably another lengthy one too. :gonk:

Regarding damage, you're right in saying the Laws aren't necessarily the only ones with high damage. Every character has ways to deal their damage, and for them, most of it comes from their obscenely risky counter hit launchers, sans their magic 4. Tag 2 in general is a very high damage game which means the lifebars are made of paper. This is largely do in part to the rage system, where imo, it's more crazy than it was in T6BR. In this game, rage comes multiple times per round, and unless you can score a clean launch to punish an incoming raged character, it slows down the pace of the game a bit which is pretty meh because you're just trying to wait for that rage to expire. Honestly if it were up to me, I'd just take rage out of the game. I've never liked comeback mechanics before and I still don't like them even now. I can never conceivably argue for rewarding a player for being sloppy. But I digress.

The game could definitely use more detailed information displays. I mean it's already a huge step up on T6 (not hard, T6 training mode was just ballsacks), but with THIS many characters in the game, an in-game frame data display goes a long way and would help even the newcomers. VF has this and so does DOA5. DOA5 is well ahead of Tag 2 in that regard. I agree that finding information is sporadic at best, because TZ is basically the dustloop for Tekken which is both a good and bad thing. It also depends on what characters you play. For example, the Forest section has only 6 threads, and those are the only 6 threads you should ever need for ANY character unless there's just something so complicated or pressing about that character that warrants its own thread. The Jun section on the other hand is an eyesore. There's like 15 threads and about 1/3 of them are locked. iirc there are TWO combo threads as well which is just wtf. Doesn't help that a lot of the posts in those threads, especially the longer ones, don't use formatting that would be easy on the eyes. Then there are people who are just not notating things properly. Thankfully I had enough motivation to explore her combo theory on my own and go from there, with good results.

Also, the more I look at the guide the more it makes me frown. It's very general for the most part, but what irks me the most is its poor organization. I honestly don't know why they thought organizing the guide by author rather than character names in alphabetical order was a good idea. I know the authors deserve their credit, so just give them their own special section at the BEGINNING or END of the guide so that it doesn't interfere with the meat and potatoes, ie. the character sections. The fact that it also carries over to the frame data is just as bad. The frame data is incomplete too since there are plenty of other moves than those found in the command lists. Besides, I'm mainly looking for the frames on the first or second hits of the string, not just the last. Tekken has usually been a game where finishing strings is generally a bad idea which is usually why they're cut short or cancelled into something. So it's just annoying. I keep thinking I should pick up the guide, but I look at it every time we have a session so it just feels unnecessary. I know comprehensive frame data for Tag 2 would most likely double or triple the size of the guide considering the number of characters, but if they adopted community notations for the attack inputs, it wouldn't be so bad. Those button icons are larger than they should be. Future Press deserves a lot of credit for the SC5 guide as it had comprehensive frame data. It's just unfortunate that the team is no longer updating the game nor does it sounds like they have any plans to do so.  :-\

I feel like this needs to be addressed, and that is, getting up from a knockdown. I feel like everyone is too hasty when trying to get up from a knockdown which leads to a pickup into another combo. I think I get away with this too often. You may or may not have seen it but Aris has a tutorial about getting up from knockdown on his YT channel (avoidingthepuddle). It's not comprehensive but it at least explains the different type of knockdown positions and what you can do from each of them. When fighting against the Laws, it is EXTREMELY important that you try not to get up in place or roll away from them too quickly when they have you either in the face up-feet away or face down-feet towards position. Trying to stand straight up or roll away from them will oftentimes result in eating a Junkyard (3-hit launcher) while back turned and the combo they get off it results in 120+ SOLO damage. Not the kind of numbers you want to be messing with because you got impatient and tried to get up incorrectly. God forbid they have rage, a wall nearby, and/or decide to throw in a Tag Assault for icing on the cake. If 2 of those 3 conditions are met, it could possibly just kill a character outright depending on how much damage they took prior to getting knocked down. This is moreso something to look out for against Marshall since he has better throw oki. So I just wanted to point that out since I feel like I get away with it too often and it's something even I would be annoyed to get hit by.

As for the other guys who might play Tag 2, I agree it would be nice to have others to play against outside our usual circle. Variety is the spice of life, but considering our level of play, there's the possibility they'd play those characters you listed, with a higher chance of the Kazamas (minus Jin) and the Laws, and I'd probably throw Lili into that list as well. I guess it could be a good chance for them to garner a little more interest in the game, but we'll see.

And yeah, about P4A, well I guess I've already expressed my thoughts about it and we probably share more or less the same views on some of the decisions they made with the game. Somehow I feel it was all to be expected though, as strange as that sounds. :-\

Oh man, it's late. Writing stuff like this makes it easier for me to knock out. I actually have to put in a lot of thought when writing up something like this. :| Other people can do it on a whim.

AZ - MBAACC - We come here to talk about other games. :psyduck:

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 01, 2012, 08:41:50 AM »
Don't worry about killing games HF. I'm sure most of us here a driven by the fact you constantly beat us. I could go into a tirade about talent and how I just watched an anime that delved into that discussion but that would be retarded. And we all try hard, we all want to win, even if its at casual bullshit fun. But is it casual bullshit fun at that point? who knows. Supposedly we don't care about the game but we care enough to try not to lose to each other and get slightly emotional about it. I kind of share Dippys concern that we might be killing games for you by not presenting a challenge. But then I hear you mumbling in frustration sometimes (mostly over electrics :V) and it goes away.

Regarding the diversity its going to be hard to find a game to center on again. And even if we do some people are going to like it more than others. I mean even though Carlos played melty He yearned for GG/FUC/PS2 AA  :nyoro: . I'm a little surprised Carlos hasn't pushed us to play the re release of GG but I guess with him not having a 360 converter he cant play anyways. (iirc its not out on PSN?). I've never been the biggest fan of 3D fighters. As you know I always complain about movement in games. The thing I like about Tekken is that its rather "anime". it has alot of movement and juicy combos. Maybe that says alot about me. Maybe I should get into a slower game (CvS2?) to learn to be more patient and open up my play style. Who knows. Also id be interested in AH3 again since there's going to be a rebalance. But who knows if we'll get it on console. I dropped AH3 because the only character i'm interested in killed the game. Thanks Elsa. I shouldn't say only. But at the time Akane was being played by Andrew. Kind of a stupid reason but meh.  Also I still like P4U. I just dont have the drive to practice. Maybe that means I don't like it  :mystery:

I've already realized I need to work on getting up from a knockdown. I still expect tekken to respond like an anime fighter so I end up try to "queue" stuff up and it doesn't like that. Its also a problem of timing but that just comes with... time.

Id be willing to try and get more people in but i'm content with our little circle. Since there's no central game I just look forward to bullshitting in some game and talking about stupid stuff :/. I'd go places but I don't want to have to drag dippy around, take the bus, or pay Carlos to drive me around (yet).

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 01, 2012, 11:35:08 AM »
Stop being so good, HF.

Jeez.
~~Playing the wrong way... and somehow getting away with it.~~
<Pfhor>: no, I only have nightmares about your play numakie
<Pfhor>: because it makes no fucking sense
<Pfhor>: like WHY IS THIS HISUI DOING THESE THINGS

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 01, 2012, 10:54:06 PM »
SC5 is done at this point.  Between the game being virtually abandoned, bugs and glitches that were never fixed, and issues with Namco dishing out prize money at a sponsored event...yeah, game's dead.  Pity, too, because it was a lot of fun and could've been so much better with a bit of support.

Alisa/Asuka forums are the opposite of what I'd have expected.  Asuka has 14 threads, the bulk of which seem pretty useless; Alisa has 7, most of which are clean enough to navigate efficiently, or present the important material at the beginning without having to dig through 10 pages of nonsense.  Then again, the bulk of Alisa's game is poke with a select few moves 75% of the time (or more), so I guess it makes some kind of sense.  I am still waiting for Violet :|  The staggering amount of things that you probably want to know for TTT2 coupled with how much of a bitch it can be to find fairly important information makes me a bit disinclined to take the game too seriously.  I don't mind doing homework, but when the answers to the questions seem to be I-No's info page in GGXX's story mode (UNKNOWN! UNKNOWN! UNKNOWN!), it makes it a bit difficult to be motivated at 100%.  Especially when I can boot up DoA and learn just about everything I could possibly want to know with a few minor menu tweaks, in a game that plays more at my preferred pacing.  DoA being genuinely better than Tekken in anything except fanservice...I never thought I'd see the day  :slowpoke:  And I can't even play it off as a trivial thing because making information readily available like that is huge for fighters.

Ruben isn't too interested in Tekken because most of the other people that were playing it don't really play it.  Seems the only 3D fighter he has (semi?)dedicated friends for is DoA.

Regarding GG; I'm actually a little on the fence on whether or not I want to really play again until +R's release.  My main is getting majorly overhauled (FRC timings being shifted, too), so the bulk of what I could practice wouldn't apply.  I suppose it might be worth it to really learn crow patterns, but that's just memorization that I don't even need to play the game for.  I love the game, but I really want to play around with those changes.  Especially with how easy it is for Testament to get a bit stale in AC.

I want to like AH3, especially with a balance patch+tweaks, but the rational part of my mind says it's a waste of time given the game is doomed to obscurity here by its aesthetics (lots of little girl characters means there are a lot of people who will never touch it; not good for a game's lifespan).  If the things that irritated me before are fixed/toned down, I'll probably be more interested.  I'd take it over AP any day though, but that's not saying much.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 12:52:13 AM by Ryd »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 02, 2012, 12:22:35 AM »
A Numakie has appeared. What brings you into the desert today? You must have been really bored to wander in here. :psyduck:

You can't really kill games for me due to not presenting a challenge. It's moreso if there's nobody to play X game more than anything. Fighting games aren't meant to be played solo after all. And yeah, electrics still get to me at times. Normal hit launchers that are plus on block. I can't think of any other moves that are launchers on normal hit and plus on block. The closest thing I can remember is Bryan's b+1 back in T5.0, and while it was slower than an electric, it had good reach and hit mid. But T5.0 was pretty lolz as time went on.

Regarding GGAC+, yeah it's not out on PSN yet. The Nov. 1st release date was for Japan only. Not sure when we're going to get it. I'll definitely be picking it up so I can just fiddle around in training mode here and there to re-acquaint myself with the game. But I feel like it's going to be a while before I can start playing matches again with the 3D games we've been playing.

And CvS2...do you really want to be painting fences? :V As for a slower paced game to get into that required lots of patience, I do recall one that is slower paced than others in its category, and it taught good habits and how to get rid of bad ones. I believe it was called..........VF. :psyduck:

As for AH3LM, updates and balance fixes are always welcome. You can expect that 2 frame suki bullshit to get axed. Then there's the issue of tweaking arcanas and the top tiers. Good to know they haven't forgotten about the game and didn't decide to just announce AH4 or whatever else. A console release is extremely sketchy and I wouldn't really count on it right now because it's going to be so far off anyway and lots of other games coming out between now and then.

Going back to P4A, I think that really sums it up. We like the game, but have little incentive to improve at it or continue practicing for one reason or another.

The list I posted earlier basically sums up who's willing to play what game with whoever else. Tag 2 isn't really our central game, but it happens to be the one that we're all playing right now. More than likely when something else comes up that we all have at least some interest in, we'll move onto that. I'd still say I'd be up for some Tag 2 even then. Depending on how much more dlc is going to be released, there could be a reason to go back to it. The dlc is spaced out intentionally to keep the game fresh. We really haven't had a central focus since PS2 MBAA. I personally wouldn't mind playing it again at some point, but at the same time, it just doesn't feel right knowing that it's not the latest version. 1.07 isn't unplayable but being a pc port sucks, and some of the choices they made for it are just so bleh. Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind going back and playing some T6. Hell, I barely got to play that game with anyone. :gonk: But old game is old, and Tag 2 is the new standard.

I don't mind having a small circle, but I still believe it doesn't hurt to know what other people are playing. If they happen to be playing the same titles, why not get in on the action?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 12:42:25 AM by AzureWanderings »