When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.  (Read 413235 times)

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.
« Reply #500 on: December 07, 2012, 09:51:43 PM »
Complaining about them?  In what way?  Other than 2 being more tame than 1, and 3 being all about whatshername trying to seduce Miku, what's there to complain about?

freestepdodge's Kasumi combo thread seems to be a bit of a mess (at least compared to the Ayane section); have fun with that =T  Though most combos in DoA aren't particularly difficult; at least when compared to trying to work out Lei's stuff in VF.
:prinny:

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 08, 2012, 01:07:23 PM »
Yeah, when I saw her combo thread on FSD, I wasn't pleased to say the least. I guess I was expecting a little too much because the character(s) I play in VF and Tekken have a neatly organized OP for their combo threads. Guess I'll have to do a little exploration of my own. :gonk:

I'll be there between 4-5 or so. Running a little behind here.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 09, 2012, 10:12:03 AM »
Complaining about them?  In what way?  Other than 2 being more tame than 1, and 3 being all about whatshername trying to seduce Miku, what's there to complain about?
I'm not going to lie; when I first read this I thought it was about someone trying to seduce Hatsune Miku... which would have guaranteed the game sold a lot better, if nothing else.

Apropos of nothing: How to make even the most violent and authoritarian people look moe.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 09, 2012, 12:04:54 PM »
VF was more fun than expected.  This is due in part to H-F's panicking at Lei doing crazy shit on his own, but I'm trying to keep him on a short leash until I familiarize myself with more of his transitions and options.  It might technically hurt me a bit right now, but I'd rather know what I'm doing than letting the character play himself.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 09, 2012, 01:58:32 PM »
Last night was a lot of fun. It was one of those times where we just played many games, talked light-hearted bullshit, and just had a good time. I wish it were always like that. :V Plus we finally got our first real taste of the games we're supposed to try out.

No matter how many times I've seen Lei fight I still never fully understand the properties of his stances and how they transition into each other. I don't think I successfully ever struggled out of that low kick that causes stagger and that's probably due in part to playing on a pad, and just not struggling hard enough. I should probably practice that a bit. :| I kept dropping the combo off this one launcher because he's a mid-weight but everything else worked normally.

DoA was pretty fun although I'm still a complete nub at the game. I didn't quite remember exactly which stuns there are and which of them you can/can't hold out of. :| Not knowing what strings were heading my way explained all those times where I'd be hitting buttons when I shouldn't. :| Needless to say I kinda felt like my character was playing themselves more than I was. All I was really doing was using strings, ending them differently and changing up the timing on them. It's where most of my damage came from since I don't know legit combos. :V I actually looked at the Ayane combo thread on FSD and it's making me cry. Everything is neatly organized, detailed, and hell there's even a video tutorial as well. wtf This is what I get for wanting to play the cover character. :-\ I'm seriously getting more ideas just watching random matches that people are linking in the Kasumi thread asking "how do you do this combo @ x:yz?" blargh. It seems that you can get bigger damage if you land those critical stuns and launch them when the critical stun indicator is flashing red? Dunno if that's right. I gotta figure out ways to effectively utilize the critical burst and power blow. I seriously need to make up my mind on how I try to defend in this game. Trying to use the d-pad AND the Hold button at the same time is not particularly a good idea. Half the time I'd end up getting unwanted counters which got me killed, and other times I'd successfully counter a move that I had no idea was even coming. Playing the wrong way and getting away with it? Or play like shit and get rewarded? :psyduck: Didn't have that problem with high counters because you don't hold up/back to block in a 3D game. But yeah, I need to get past this mental block. :-[ I like how the header changes each time you visit a new page on FSD, kinda like homing cancel. I thought the one where Tina and Bass are ganging up on Kokoro was kinda funny. She just looks so uncomfortable, like she doesn't wanna be there. lol Then again, I don't think I'd wanna be caught in that situation either. :gonk:

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 10, 2012, 05:23:45 AM »
Thanks for everyone for coming by. I almost feel bad about the lack of anime fighters... maybe that's why I keep trying to get people to play Aquapazza. :V

It's funny seeing H-F watch someone play; I think he said more in those random matches I played than he ever has in all of the games I have played with him.

No matter how many times I've seen Lei fight I still never fully understand the properties of his stances and how they transition into each other. I don't think I successfully ever struggled out of that low kick that causes stagger and that's probably due in part to playing on a pad, and just not struggling hard enough. I should probably practice that a bit. :| I kept dropping the combo off this one launcher because he's a mid-weight but everything else worked normally.
You're going to need to learn how to mash that, or else you're going to get lit up by characters with lots of guard breaks. I don't know how it works on pad; you should be able to mash on the button bindings as well.

It seems that you can get bigger damage if you land those critical stuns and launch them when the critical stun indicator is flashing red? Dunno if that's right.
Mostly. What happens is that when you get into the red critical stun state, any moves that hit after that point will hit with their CH properties. So moves that only launch on CH will launch, NH launchers will have a higher launch, and so on. You can also land a critical burst move, which makes your next attack guaranteed to hit -- this is the most common way to land a power blow. If you don't have a power blow available, you typically launch instead as any non-launching hit is going to knock down anyway.

None of this takes walls into account, and honestly your best strings change when near a wall, and trying to land critical bursts and power blows become nearly impossible. It's important to know which strings cause wall hits -- and which ones don't.

I like how the header changes each time you visit a new page on FSD, kinda like homing cancel. I thought the one where Tina and Bass are ganging up on Kokoro was kinda funny. She just looks so uncomfortable, like she doesn't wanna be there.
Uwaa~~ Americans are scary~~

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 11, 2012, 08:05:16 PM »
Why would you feel bad about the lack of anime fighters?  Also, I hate you.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 11, 2012, 11:00:20 PM »
Someone buy me a copy of AP and then I might play it more. :-X I wouldn't feel too bad about the lack of anime fighters right now. I mean Chaos Code is (hopefully) coming out sometime this calendar year right? Maybe?

Finally starting to get a little better damage off combos in DoA and understanding how certain stuns work. Now to decide whether I want to use the d-pad or the Hold button to defend.

dippy, out of curiosity will we ever do BlOps 2 streaming again? The game recently got its first major patch and it does feel a bit better to play, and we're finally getting better matches, though it still has issues with connections.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 12, 2012, 06:29:38 PM »
SCR SCR SCR SCR SCR SCR SCR SCR SCR (just so you don't forget)

Why would you feel bad about the lack of anime fighters?

Honestly, I get the impression that everyone is a bit lost in regards to what they really want to play. Then again, maybe I should shut up since people are actually playing VF. :V

Also, I hate you.

Good.  :nyoro:

Someone buy me a copy of AP and then I might play it more. :-X I wouldn't feel too bad about the lack of anime fighters right now. I mean Chaos Code is (hopefully) coming out sometime this calendar year right? Maybe?

Yeah, I'm going to pay $80 just so I can get tooled on by Chizuru even worse. RIP.

dippy, out of curiosity will we ever do BlOps 2 streaming again? The game recently got its first major patch and it does feel a bit better to play, and we're finally getting better matches, though it still has issues with connections.

I got the impression and you and Tempered just really were not that interested in BlOps2, for one reason or another. If you want to kick that off, let's talk.

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: December 12, 2012, 08:07:52 PM »
Well in all honesty, there was a period last month where we hadn't played the game for like, 2 weeks straight, maybe a little longer. The matchmaking is a big part of the problem, and namely there's a lot of dumb shit with the connections like randomly dropping out of games, constantly getting put into games where you have virtually NO chance at winning unless Nukes returned, having the game drop people off your team and NOT fill it back up while the other team is full, and end up losing the match when you had a huge lead on them. That's the kind of stuff that makes the game unfun. The matchmaking is garbage right now because of all that, and I don't like the "skill-based" matchmaking they have implemented so far. It seems that all the players who are supposed to be around my "skill level" all get put on the other team while I get stuck with all the noobs. When you're constantly losing matches and you're the best player on the team after like 5 straight games, all of them losses, something is wrong. 6 players of equal skill level going up against 1 of me, who's likely to win that matchup? Because if you're the top scoring player on your team and the rest of the team does jack shit, it might as well have been 1v6. Bleh.

Here's an example of some stuff that has happened to people (not us) that had to be addressed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOPqW1gMhPY

But the game is absolutely brilliant when it works and it's truly amazing. The game has had its first major patch merely a month after release. This is the fastest that any COD game has received a major patch afaik. The game isn't perfect or anywhere close because the matchmaking still sucks, but weapon balancing has been tweaked a bit, and other weapons feel more relevant. Treyarch is doing much better post-support launch than IW did with any of the MW games. The noobtube problem never got addressed in MW2 and it took them over 6 months to address weapon balancing issues in MW3. When IW started running into those legal issues or whatever with Activision, it's clear that the quality of the MW series was on the decline, while Treyarch's titles have gotten better with each iteration. I have more faith in Treyarch than IW at this point.

But back on topic, the game does feel better now that the patch has been released and it's a step in the right direction. Recently, we've been getting back into the game a bit and we've been having short gameplay sessions every so often with some good results. Either we've gotten better at the game, or we're getting more competant teammates, or something but for me I've been having more success recently than my time pre-patch. That or we're just using much better setups. I've been wondering when you'd hop into our sessions as well because it's better to have more people you know on the team because it's easier to communicate than with a bunch of randoms.

Overall, I like this COD more than MW3 by a longshot. The spawn system, while not perfect, is nowhere NEAR as bad as MW3's (probably due in part to Orbital VSAT). One perk doesn't shit all over everything like Assassin did, the 10 point system and how they split up perks feels like a much better balancing mechanic than what they've been using up until then. Weapon balancing has been addressed within the first month, which shows they are paying attention to the usage statistics. Score streaks are a much better implementation of killstreaks because there's no Support streaks where the worst player in the lobby will shit all over your hard work because he went 18-40 and got an EMP. Also, NO last stand or death streaks of any kind. The series FINALLY got this right. Enough of this rewarding someone for playing like shit.

lol oops I've gone on for too long here. tldr; my only issues with the game are the horrible matchmaking and the lag compensation. Everything else is fine and I can say that with confidence. At this point during MW3's lifespan I was really skeptical. I do intend to hit master prestige in this game (10th prestige, max level) so long as they continue to support the game and don't lazily add in more prestiges.

I'll be getting out early on Friday, so if you're ok with doing a stream then, let me know. I suggest Tempered get on the stream setup since we both put up big numbers and he puts out a lot of streaks more consistently than I do.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: December 12, 2012, 08:46:32 PM »
Honestly, I get the impression that everyone is a bit lost in regards to what they really want to play. Then again, maybe I should shut up since people are actually playing VF. :V

My priorities are pretty sorted out.  There aren't really any accessible 2D fighters that I really want to play at the moment; that'll all change once AC+R comes out, but until then...yeah, nothing.  I'll certainly give Chaos Code a whirl since that looks fun, but my hopes for sticking with 2D fighters that are not GG have been dwindling lately.  I have fun with Tekken and DoA, and now VF, so I really won't mind playing them.  I just need to actually practice DoA now since it'll be getting more play time, and put more time into VF to master the art of spinning rims.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 14, 2012, 06:37:46 PM »
Usual plan tomorrow?

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 14, 2012, 10:39:20 PM »
indeed
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 15, 2012, 12:54:26 PM »
See you guys later today.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 16, 2012, 07:02:20 PM »
GGs in DoA and VF last night. DoA is pretty fun even though I'm still a nub at it. I hadn't played the game since the weekend before, but I think I had a better showing than last time even if I'd only spent a little time in training mode before I got there. :-X

Also, the following is irrefutable and undeniable proof that will put any suspicions, doubts, or false accusations to rest:

My anime levels can't possibly be through the roof if they've never even left the ground! :V Is this why you guys are getting me to watch Madoka? lol

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 16, 2012, 08:10:18 PM »
H-F, you are essentially a man whose hands and clothes are splattered with blood, holding a blood-stained knife, standing over a corpse riddled with knife wounds, and trying to tell me that you just got there.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 16, 2012, 09:43:13 PM »
The evidence says otherwise. Besides, remember how you mistook me for using a magical wand for one of my VF costumes? Yeeeeah. This means that any and all accusations you can make against me regarding this matter are null and void. :laffo:

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 17, 2012, 07:32:28 PM »
The defense lacks the authority to declare what can and will be thrown out.  Even with one faulty snippet of evidence, there is still the bloody corpse to contend with.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 17, 2012, 09:54:37 PM »
lol this is starting to sound like some really bad murder mystery VN or whatever you wanna call it. :V Enough with the metaphorical observations and just tell me what you think I'm guilty of, and why.  :psyduck: Granted it's impossible to mount a case in light of such evidence. Faulty? It's as genuine as it gets. It's taken right off my twitter timeline in unedited form. So unless you can present more convincing evidence, whatever case you or anyone else can mount is pretty much burnt at this point. shindanmaker is the absolute truth.

A bloody corpse? I wasn't the one who brought it up. It was never factored into the equation from the start. :mystery:

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 18, 2012, 09:26:58 PM »
So Chaos Code is out on Hong Kong PSN. From what I can tell it's like ~$15 or something. I'll see if I can cop it.

EDIT:
The Code has been downloaded. This shit is CHAOTIC.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 10:14:12 PM by S.M.A.P.C.F. »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 19, 2012, 11:12:38 AM »
I won't be able to make it this weekend; working late on Sat, and well enough into evening on Sun that there's no point in trying to go anywhere.  Friday could be semi-workable; Xmas eve might be as well, incidentally.

Tempered, it was Mirai Nikki that had strong Desunote overtones.  Like Desunote, it was better than most of the trash that is anime/manga, but it also suffered the same weaknesses that kept DN from being great in my eyes.

H-F, if you want some real murder mystery VNs, I can hook you up.  You just have to be okay with some blood and gore (not Dippy-level/guro/etc.)

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 19, 2012, 02:55:03 PM »
Ryd, let me know if Christmas Eve could work out... or could H-F not make it then, either. fffff planning.

Friday would be OK but I have work Saturday morning (but it's the Saturday before Christmas, it'll probably be slow as shit); I would need to know by tomorrow evening so I could make preparations for food.

Dippy levels of blood? Where the hell do you think I live, Splatterhouse?

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: December 19, 2012, 04:12:08 PM »
I'm ok with some blood and gore. I mean just look at some of the games I play and it doesn't bother me all that much. :|

The thing about Christmas Eve is that my family is here, and we already are planning to be somewhere else that night. So the only option it looks like we have is Friday but I work then and I might be getting out late. :-\

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 19, 2012, 04:19:58 PM »
The thing with Friday is that I work until 4 that day, and may be asked to stay later (a chance I'd take, given I could use the money), and wouldn't make it until a while later due to things that'll need doing + travel time.  If Sat/Sun works better for everyone else, don't worry about it; I'll have a new laptop to start configuring anyway.

Dippy, I meant your preferred levels of gore.  You seem to be pretty high up there on the list of what you'll take.

H-F, I was implying psychotic-maniac levels of sick-fuckery, not just people getting blown away.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 04:22:14 PM by Ryd »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 19, 2012, 05:03:35 PM »
I know what you mean. I've seen my share of crazy shit. You don't have to worry about me. :|

But yeah, we don't have much time to figure this out. lol planning