hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.  (Read 413274 times)

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.
« Reply #550 on: January 07, 2013, 09:40:27 PM »
VF was fun last night. Lion has too many lows. Wouldn't have been so bad if I were using the right moves to punish them. :-\ Kept trying to punish with 3K+G instead of just 6K. Hell flip kick would have been good enough.

Oh, and that one Jacky costume of mine is NOT so anime. :V
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 08, 2013, 02:41:21 PM »
H-F, vivid blue hair makes you either anime or emo by default. I don't know which is the shittier option for you.

SCR is pretty much out for me; I'm scheduled to work Thurs-Sun that weekend, and while I could see a day, maybe two, being granted, I'm not even going to bother asking for the whole stretch.
:prinny:

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 08, 2013, 04:21:54 PM »
Neither. Because neither of them apply to me. :P  And it wasn't very vivid at all. The stage just made it look brighter than it really is. :| I like Aoi's stage even though I don't play her, so does that raise my levels any? shindanmaker says no. :V Don't tell me some random bloody corpse is gonna get thrown into the picture again trying to pin it on me. I know you did that. :psyduck:

As for SCR, I should know about everything no later than Monday. It's really close, but it should all be figured out by then. What is planning?

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 11, 2013, 02:55:14 PM »
Will we be meeting up tomorrow?

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 11, 2013, 06:46:32 PM »
Will we be meeting up tomorrow?
I don't know... are we?!?

I guess it's really a question of when Ryd would be able to make it out; my schedule hasn't changed since 1996.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: January 11, 2013, 08:35:55 PM »
I'm working early Sunday morning, which makes Saturday a pain because I'd have to leave a lot earlier than usual.  I get out early in the afternoon on Sunday though, so I should be able to show around 3-4 if that works for everyone else.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 11, 2013, 09:01:21 PM »
Looks like we'll meet up Sunday again. At the very least I can dedicate all of tomorrow getting other things done.

As for SCR, I should know if I can attend by Monday, hopefully no later than that. :bricks:

EDIT:
blargh. Car trouble. Which means $$$ needs to be spent. So my chances of attending SCR have gone down. How much would I be looking at in travel expenses? Obviously there's still registration that needs to be accounted for as well.

DOUBLE EDIT:
My car is still functional so I can be there later today.

Also, Taka is a fatass, which is why he gets hit by combos like these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvsCwx4MXWo

NO juggle hits needed.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 12:35:04 PM by S.M.A.P.C.F. »

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 13, 2013, 01:48:50 PM »
wow. they cant even shake out of that?
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 13, 2013, 10:44:06 PM »
Nope. Notice how the struggle indicator did NOT appear. lol Plus that 4-hit string at the end is one of many strings that just happen to be natural combo against him and no one else.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 14, 2013, 08:07:27 PM »
Alright, so it's official. As of right now there isn't anything holding me back from attending SCR. I have this Friday off. Don't have Monday off so we'd need to return Sunday. So...yeah. :|

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 05:33:12 PM by S.M.A.P.C.F. »

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 16, 2013, 02:01:48 PM »
Alright, so it's official. As of right now there isn't anything holding me back from attending SCR. I have this Friday off. Don't have Monday off so we'd need to return Sunday. So...yeah. :|
I have no problem with returning on Sunday.

Apparently I do have a problem playing half-asleep!

One concern: the event starts at 10 AM on Friday... which means driving to Irvine in traffic.  :gonk:

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 16, 2013, 04:38:03 PM »
That's what I wanted to know. When did you plan on leaving and when should I be at your place? I still need to do the on-site registration. :psyduck: Sucks that late registration closed the day before I could confirm my status.

As for returning on Sunday, I'm ok with anything as long as we're back before midnight at the latest. :|

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 17, 2013, 03:59:31 AM »
That's what I wanted to know. When did you plan on leaving and when should I be at your place? I still need to do the on-site registration. :psyduck: Sucks that late registration closed the day before I could confirm my status.
We are leaving Thursday evening; I would basically head over here after you get out of work.

Part of the problem is that we need to be there super early for you to register on-site, 7 AM or thereabouts. Ugh.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 04:03:52 AM by Dipstick »

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 17, 2013, 05:29:07 AM »
That's what I was thinking. So the career fair was going to be a bust either way. :( I'll be there later today then. What's planning? :psyduck:

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 22, 2013, 05:16:36 PM »
Guess Carlos didn't want to be alone with me. Anyways just a heads up. Have to work sat and sun this weekend. Doesn't really change anything really. Just a heads up though.

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 22, 2013, 08:58:16 PM »
You work both days this weekend? Ouch. BlOps 2 is having double XP this weekend and I was gonna hop back into that since it's been like 2, almost 3 weeks since I last played. If you have any time available, let me know.
I wanna run this setup now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgPCvLDT_OU

Speaking of schedules, I just filled out another shift bid at work so I'll find out what my new schedule is no later than the middle of next week. At the very least I'm hoping I still get to keep weekends off.

Was going to make a semi-serious post but don't have the energy for it right now.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 22, 2013, 09:03:42 PM »
Guess Carlos didn't want to be alone with me. Anyways just a heads up. Have to work sat and sun this weekend. Doesn't really change anything really. Just a heads up though.

Well, I don't think you ever said definitively whether or not you were going, and nothing was posted here...  Besides, I've been plenty busy between TERA, Corpse Party, and working on SLabrys.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 23, 2013, 05:19:20 PM »
I know. Im kidding. Was distracted by watching anime. And we can probably get some time in HF. I dont know how much but we will have to see.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 24, 2013, 12:54:46 PM »
I'm good for Fri-Sun, though if we meet on Sat, I'll have to bail a little early due to work on Sunday morning.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 24, 2013, 06:11:01 PM »
I'd prefer Saturday if possible.

Right now I'm in that phase where I'm getting restless because I'm waiting for my new shift to be revealed sometime soon. Because that will affect if/when I can meet up with everyone, and determine if I can attend future events. If all goes well, I might find out tomorrow. Based on what I know right now, I don't feel too confident, but I'm going to hope for the best and see if I can keep weekends off even if it means closing shift during the week. At the very least, I'm hoping to get one of the schedules that has either one of the weekend days off but I don't think there were many of those.

Some things I wanted to discuss, and this is just in general:

VF:

Me personally, I'd like to focus a little more on VF if I intend to compete in the Sega Cup. However, my ability to attend will all depend on the schedule I get from work because chances are I'm going to have it for the next 3-4 months or so.

Apparently juicebox has expressed an interest in the game so he might be paying us a visit or he might host something for it possibly. Dunno yet. And on a related note, Sega has specifically challenged JWong to learn VF. And who is the character he'll be playing???? *drum roll* Jacky! YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAH! (or NOOOOOOOOOO! depending on how you look at it). ALL the more reason to learn the matchup. I can't say I was pleased that Rip managed to make top 8 in VF at SCR because imo there was only one person there who played him well. Sucks that my first loss in the tourney was to a Jacky player but I came back and pushed his shit in when I had to fight him again. It's like someone else played my first match for me and did a horrible job of it. No one will ever know why the first match went the way it did, but I'd rather keep it that way.

Persona:
Being an Evo title and all, I'll make an effort to try get more active and back into the game. Unfortunately the turnout at SCR was kinda small. I didn't get very far, but I wasn't expecting too. My focus is the Sega Cup (assuming my work schedule isn't horrific) so after that I could put more focus into the game afterwards. Then a few weeks later, or rather sometime in May, GGAC+R comes out. Sooooo....I'm going to be all over that definitely. Depending on how I'm feeling about Persona by that time will determine whether I stick with it or not. Some matches were fun to watch at SCR, some not really. Chie still really bothers me for what it's worth. I feel like I could pick up the character, and do just as good as everyone else considering how easy it is to maintain corner pressure and shit. But that's another story. mreh

Tag 2:
As fun as the game is, it's most likely going to have to get sidelined in favor of the titles above. I'll still play it. But there's only one other person who will.

DOA:
Because of how little we've played the game, I haven't truly been able to develop a good understanding of the game. And considering the other titles mentioned above, it's probably going to be side-game status much like Tag 2. A huge patch is getting released on Tuesday but since I didn't really understand the game as well as others, I wouldn't know how the changes would affect me. But it's something else to think about.

Chaos Code:
This game never really took off. lol

AquaPazza:
What's this? Can I eat it? :mystery:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 07:40:02 PM by S.M.A.P.C.F. »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: January 24, 2013, 07:33:02 PM »
So our game priority is VF > P4A > whatever until +R comes out (at which point, for me, at least, it'll be +R > whatever)?  I think I can deal with that.  Makes it a bit easier to know what to focus on.  A bit sad since DoA had (has?) an interesting update, but eh, whatever; I'll be relegating everything to side-game status when +R hits anyway.

There shouldn't be a problem with Sat unless I happen to get called in to cover a shift, which I don't think I'd turn down unless they called after midafternoonish.  Earlier meet up (2-3ish?) seems like it might be best for just about everyone; I'll have to leave around 10-11.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 25, 2013, 07:06:13 PM »
all sounds good to me.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 26, 2013, 10:22:37 AM »
I'll try to be there closer to 3 and not be so late this time.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 27, 2013, 11:39:34 AM »
Good news, well for me at least. I just called work and got my new schedule. I still have weekends off. I honestly didn't think I'd get it considering my ranking, but I'm not complaining.

Anyway, since it sounds like we're all playing VF to an extent, everyone should take a look at this:
Anti Jacky Tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Wwynb6AG28
Starts about 10 minutes in. Kinda long but has a lot of good information. I find it kinda funny that an anti-character tutorial inadvertently taught me how to play the character. :psyduck:

Also, lol: http://youtu.be/fkWqaCUaow0?t=1m58s

Tempered's currently borrowing my copy of Persona until he picks it up again. Then I'll start putting in a little time Also, hit me up for BlOps 2 later today if you see this. Gotta make the most of dat double XP. :|

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 31, 2013, 01:01:39 PM »
I like how K-ON's budget apparently tripled for the second season.

Sat or Sun works for me this week.

I really need to make some time to practice shit...