When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.  (Read 412620 times)

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.
« Reply #700 on: May 16, 2013, 06:01:25 PM »
Approaching the end of EO4's story.  I'm also approaching the soft level cap.  I wasn't even deliberately grinding; not really sure how that happened :bricks:  I think I was mid~late 50s when I hit the end of EO3's story; I'm mid~late 60s in 4.

Also, what the fuck are we playing nowadays?  So I can pretend to practice before heading over this weekend and stuff.
Damn, you've been banging that game out. I got it when it came out and I'm only on the fourth stratum or some shit. It is a lot easier to level up in 4 though (rare monsters + holy gift = lolz).

As for games, just pick one (although should I really be giving you that choice?). H-F last week said he wanted to play AH3 again....
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: May 16, 2013, 06:26:45 PM »
What.  The best and worst that could happen is we play F/UC.  I don't have AH3, not really feeling up to shelling out the cash for it given its current state plus the ever-growing grocery list of things I actually want to buy (surprisingly, not too many Idea Factory games.  Then again, I think I have most of them at this point :V).  Not sure what I'll end up doing.  P4A/Tekken/DoA/MB.  Maybe SC.  Can't threaten Mahvel until you guys give me reason to.  That threat is still active btw.

I think I just killed what equates to Alraune in EO4.  Either this game is way easier than 3, or I just happened to run with a busted party this time around (my first EO3 party was low~mid tier; Alraune kicked my ass the first couple times); the poor boss had all of two turns to try to inflict any damage before it got completely locked down and killed.  Or maybe it was targeted at being challenging around lv 55ish or so; where the game probably expects me to be.  Was on level for 2nd stratum, around 5 levels ahead in the 3rd, and then 13 levels in the 4th  :psyduck:
:prinny:

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: May 16, 2013, 07:09:51 PM »
lol I said I wanted to play it, but getting people to actually play it with me is another story. And I wouldn't even recommend buying AH3 at this point especially if it's still $30. Haven't been on the PSN store lately so I wouldn't really be able to tell, but ever since the store change, I've been doing my absolute best to avoid it at every possible turn. But most of the players are online nowadays and burning cash just to play 1 person isn't worth it, especially when said person can provide the copy possibly once a week (the only time any of us play fighters nowadays). I mean I could lend out my disc copy, but I'm a bit hesitant because of how much it was. I honestly don't think dippy would lend me his copy of AP IF (big IF here) I actually wanted to training mode it up. lol Also, who knows when AC+R console is coming out. :mystery: Seems like it's been forever since we all last met up.

If I can't get anyone to play AH3 with me, I'm up for VF/Tekken/MB. I still don't have my copy of P4A, and I'd honestly be in more of a DoA mood if I had played NG3:RE lately.

When it comes to what games to play, everyone will play X game, but one person won't play it for Y reason. Shady alliances all-around. And there are certain games (fighting or otherwise) that some just despise. In dippy's case, Idea Factory Games. Start playing a game they really hate and it's likely to get on their case.  :laffo:

When can we go back to Let's Plays? :|
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 07:14:04 PM by thee3rd »
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: May 16, 2013, 07:40:38 PM »
We can do simultaneous Let's Plays of Idea Factory games :teach:  It'd have to be Agarest War Zero/2 though, because Dippy would probably break my copy of Neptunia 1 on sight, and doing the PSP games would be impractical (and there are better PSP games, like Corpse Party).  Alternatively, we can get Tempered to run Ib or Silent Hill 2.  There's also Fatal Frame 3 if you guys insist, but my interest in that really did tank harder than this group's interest in Chaos Code...  Or I could scope Gamestop bargain bins for gems.  Or the Hitman live action movie  :V  I've actually seen that one a couple times, but couldn't justify buying it used for $5.99 when Wal-Mart had it new for $5.  Catherine may also be fun if anyone in the group (Tempered, H-F) haven't played it yet, though given Tempered's relationship skills (as seen in Indigo Prophecy), maybe we shouldn't...  I honestly didn't think you guys enjoyed those so much.  You always seemed kinda "do we have to?", and now that they've stopped, you ask why we don't do them anymore.  Tsundere bitches.

I can wait for +R because waiting means I have time to get the really time consuming games (SMT, EO, etc.) out of my system before I have to relearn Testament.

Edit:  EO4 story done.  Time for a NG+ run with retired lv 1 crew; gotta experiment with the other classes.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 09:54:34 PM by Ryd »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 16, 2013, 10:59:01 PM »
Hey! I'm not tsundere about anything! :-X

The thing about Let's Play, is that we need to set a specified time on when to start them. We just get so caught up in whatever we're playing that it gets sidetracked and we never get around to it. I partly blame this on whenever there's a stream of a tournament displayed on the TV as well. I'd say finish Fatal Frame 3 just so we can wrap up the series. And you passed up the Hitman live action movie when it was $5 again? Why? Speaking of Hitman, Absolution was on the list, and I think that game is $20 now, so there we go. I think the live action movie would be a good segway into a playthrough of Absolution. lol Regarding Catherine, I've seen a lot of the game being played by other people failing at it a lot so I don't think it would be the greatest idea.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 12:20:33 AM by thee3rd »

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: May 17, 2013, 06:00:17 PM »
Don't leave picking the FGs to me, or else you're going to be playing VF5:FS and CC all night (which CC? take a guess :V ).

This is a bad time to be avoiding FG streams though, as there's an event happening every weekend between now and Evo, pretty much. As for a game for someone to play through, there's always one game I wanted to see someone play -- that and it's probably the best "good bad" game I have ever played in my life. But it's a se~cr~et~

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 18, 2013, 12:44:34 AM »
If you want your copy of P4 back just let me know.

As for games im most interested in P4/MB/VF. Id be up for doing lets plays again but my sleep schedule has me tired by 10 because im usually up at 4am.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 18, 2013, 02:26:18 PM »
Gonna be there around 5 or so.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 20, 2013, 10:57:31 PM »
Almost lapped Dippy in EO4.  I think I might take a break and get to my backlog of PSP games (virtually all IF games + that Black Rock Shooter game that was localized).  Or finish my 100% Agarest War files (lol...).  Or say "fuck it" and wrap this shit up; still have to get that 6th stratum out of the way once I wrap up the 4th segment.  Might consider working an Imperial into the party somehow, but this Nightseeker/Sniper/Landshark combo is pretty nice.

Shoutouts to MB last weekend, and H-F for getting salty as fuck.  I think C-Nanaya would be better for that matchup, not even counting all the random shit that was happening.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 21, 2013, 12:49:04 AM »
Carlos,

FUCK YOU.

good games man

FUCK!

Goddammit.  >:(

I'll be ready next time, and by that I mean I'm not gonna practice. :-X Too much random shit was happening among other things that I just couldn't really adjust to. At those hours, I may be awake but not focused. Not like I did atrociously bad, but, lessons learned.

And dippy do something about the wiring in your stick. I saw "Please reconnect controller" fuckin' messages so many times that I'm expecting it to appear on my screen frequently whenever I'm on my 360 now. EVERY time I hear the notification sound that's what I keep thinking I'll see. :-\

What day would work best for everyone this weekend? It's a 3-day weekend, for me at least but I'd stick to the usual Saturday since I might be busy Sunday, at least earlier in the day.

Also, my new sig is amazing. A fair number of other people agree.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 11:32:57 AM by thee3rd »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: May 23, 2013, 02:13:41 AM »
Sat for me.

Also, Dippy, tests have been done, Fan Dance is overwritten by both versions of Speed Boost.  And you might already know about this, but http://www.intothelabyrinth.net/etrianodyssey4/index.php has a mostly complete skill sim toward the bottom of the page (the one for Windows) that's only really missing things like ailment/bind affliction chances. 

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 25, 2013, 12:24:42 AM »
Fuck it; I put in a request for leave for Evo, we're playing P4A this weekend.  In addition to MB or whatever else we may get going, but I definitely want to have some time set aside for that.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 25, 2013, 10:41:43 AM »
fine with me

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: May 25, 2013, 01:56:54 PM »
I think I left my PS3 controller there last weekend. Not that it's a big deal since I didn't notice it until now. :psyduck:

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: May 26, 2013, 03:31:59 AM »
"Even when I win, I still feel like I lost" The late-night Melty effect  :laffo:

GGs today.  MVP goes to F-Akiha's 2C.  Maybe it's just my biased memory, but I don't remember it being such a pain in the ass for you, H-F.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: May 26, 2013, 09:32:31 AM »
Who knew that the meteors that are the most dangerous are the ones that never hit you in the first place?  :slowpoke:

Also, you know what didn't get left here? The money H-F owes me from Sega Cup! aaaaaAAAAAaaaaa

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: May 26, 2013, 05:26:35 PM »
"Even when I win, I still feel like I lost" The late-night Melty effect  :laffo:

GGs today.  MVP goes to F-Akiha's 2C.  Maybe it's just my biased memory, but I don't remember it being such a pain in the ass for you, H-F.
GGs of course. 2C has ALWAYS been annoying but for whatever dumb reason it hasn't really gotten to me until now. It's not like it's any different than it was before and it's nothing new. It seems like the little things are getting to me which wasn't the case before. It was another late night and like I said before, I may be awake but not necessarily focused and I start playing very reckless. Plus there were times where I saw the EXACT same sequence like 3 times in a row yet failed to respond correctly to punish or escape. You were kinda getting upset at the game too, just not being as vocal about it as I was. lol GGs in Tag 2 as well. For whatever reason I think I actually landed the unscale combo at the wall with a perfect success rate which never really happens. Though there were a lot of missed opportunities for optimal punishes. Also, accidental low parries and bootleg slide punishes. :laffo: Good punishes on double flip kick though, ie. the times I decided not to recover crouching after a single flip kick. :V PLEASE punish Tooth Fairy and Laws' WS+2. :-\

Who knew that the meteors that are the most dangerous are the ones that never hit you in the first place?  :slowpoke:

Also, you know what didn't get left here? The money H-F owes me from Sega Cup! aaaaaAAAAAaaaaa
Don't you mean http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/ ?
I have it and it's been sitting in my wallet ever since. I'll be sure to leave it there next time...in a place where you'll have a hard time finding it. >:D j/k
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 05:33:39 PM by thee3rd »

Offline Squeezit

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 27, 2013, 02:47:43 AM »
Aww, leave it to me to visit this site the day after a melty blood tourney in my state....
Aw well.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: May 27, 2013, 03:02:23 AM »
Here in AZ? No we just meet up every week and play games. Melty Blood + random.

Offline Squeezit

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: May 27, 2013, 03:42:40 AM »
Oh?
Is that so...

Where area's do you guys usually meet up?
Somewhere public, or someones house?

Like there's a smash bros project M group that meets up in Tempe at this place called Gaming Zone weekly-ish.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #720 on: May 27, 2013, 11:18:57 AM »
It's just a few of us that play MB (and a whole host of other random crap) about once a week or so, at my place.

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Squeezit

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: May 27, 2013, 02:53:34 PM »
Oh darn. 

If it was a public place I might have shown up :p

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 28, 2013, 02:06:36 AM »
Games are games; you get them in wherever you can.

Sunday's the only good day for me this weekend.  Unless I get called in then  :V

Offline MaruchanNoodles

• Apprentice
  • I Barely Even Play This Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 30, 2013, 12:21:37 AM »
Potentially dumb question: Where can I buy Current Code?

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 30, 2013, 12:30:42 AM »
Find someone selling it, or the whole package it was a bonus in, on ebay or amazon, probably horrendously overpriced.