When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.  (Read 412736 times)

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.
« Reply #750 on: June 10, 2013, 03:29:21 PM »
"You know what? I don't care what you believe." *sarcastic smile*
- Jack Bauer (24: s03e13)

Besides, I'M not the one who was trying to get everyone else to play Shin Koihime Musou, right? Riiiiiiiiight. I'm not that guy.

I'm well aware of what's on your PS3. The only reason we used mine is because it was much faster than navigating the maze in your PS3. Besides, I didn't want to run into some self-destruct program that would have wiped the hard drive clean in case it fell into the wrong hands.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: June 10, 2013, 03:37:13 PM »
Thats what I forgot to do. Bug people about SKM. oh well.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 10, 2013, 07:51:44 PM »
No need. Melty was around.

Offline MaruchanNoodles

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • I Barely Even Play This Game
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 11, 2013, 02:25:24 AM »
Strangely, I'm sub-consciously learning what to do and what not to do around you guys despite that most of it just goes right over my head.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 11, 2013, 02:58:29 PM »
Do what you want.  You'll leak your secret hobbies anyway; everyone does.  If it's something to be called out on, you'll be called out on it.  But it's all in good fun.  Unless it's something like Dippy's and Tempered's preference in custom outfits, because those are generally beyond redemption.
:prinny:

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 11, 2013, 05:26:29 PM »
^This. One of those semi-rare occasions when we agree on something. Their taste in custom costumes is just hideous. yeeesh man. That and they might bug us to play SKM. :V But usually it's all in good fun.

Strangely, I'm sub-consciously learning what to do and what not to do around you guys despite that most of it just goes right over my head.
All you need to know, well about me at least, is that my sig tells the whole story about how I relate to the other guys and everyone else. From a credible source too. :-X
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 07:05:02 PM by thee3rd »

Offline MaruchanNoodles

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 11, 2013, 09:34:17 PM »
I'm guessing SKM isn't the popular choice then. I remember seeing a poster/announcement for it, though.

But sounds like fun. Once classes are over, I'll put in more effort to meet up with you guys at least once.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 12, 2013, 11:42:56 AM »
Sunday this week.  Forgot Sunday is Father's Day.  There's a good chance I'll be busy, so nvm.

In other news, I'd have never expected a PVC of Metal Slug's Fio...

Edit:  Fucking combo videos almost making me think Linkin Park doesn't suck.  At least they have a third song now.  And how have I missed that video for 9 months???
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 02:32:15 AM by Ryd »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 14, 2013, 11:36:08 AM »
Not too sure if I'll be available this weekend.

In other FG news,

Played a bit of Tekken Revolution the past couple days. No bounds in most combos doesn't bother me all that much. But man, these invincible moves are pretty silly. You'll encounter people who mash it on wakeup constantly. Thankfully they're launch punishable but still it can really slow down the pacing of the game significantly as it can really disrupt a lot of pressure sequences. I'm not a fan of this rpg-style level up system either. You can't really go wrong with upgrading power which is what most people do. Then you have endurance which increases critical hit rate and gives you rage sooner. So damage gets pretty retarded fast. Upgrading endurance seems to do very little overall. I also dislike this coins and golden ticket system. No training mode or offline vs kinda blows too. But I guess you can't expect too much from a f2p game early on. I mean they announced the game 3 days before its release and I suspect that's more or less how long it took for them to put this together. Also, the hue and contrast on most of the stages make no sense. The school stage looks like it got nuked and sounds like it has wild west music playing in the background. :-\

DoA5U
Returning characters: Ein, Leon
New Characters: Momiji & Rachel (Ninja Gaiden series)
New VF Character(s): Jacky, possibly more?
New and returning stages.

And as per updates.....MORE costumes. :-X

Release date is sometime in September iirc.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 15, 2013, 01:51:06 AM »
Sadface at SLab reverse j214B being a guaranteed floorbounce on Chie only.  Too much of a pain in the ass for consistency on most characters, impossible on others.  Hilarious on Chie though, because pretty much any hit turns into worst-case-scenario SLab oki.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: June 15, 2013, 09:07:10 AM »
That reverse j214b stuff is hilarious.

Guess there wont be a meetup this weekend. oh well. :bricks:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: June 15, 2013, 11:29:38 PM »
Figuring out how to get the reverse j214A/B to cause the ground bounce on Liz off 2C; seems impossible in jBB combos.  Not sure what voodoo I need to get it to work on Naoto.  Still have to do more testing Yukiko and Mitsuru, as those were the other characters that ate it in various setups in the vid.

Something fun that I took away from the video: reverse j214A/B vacuums on block.  With Asterius and a OMC, that's some bullshit to have to deal with in the corner.  Especially since the OMC indicator hides what you're doing if you time it right.  By the time you can see again, SLab already crossed you up and you're eating a donkey punch from Asterius.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 12:29:37 AM by Ryd »

Offline MaruchanNoodles

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 16, 2013, 09:47:03 AM »

DoA5U
Returning characters: Ein, Leon
New Characters: Momiji & Rachel (Ninja Gaiden series)
New VF Character(s): Jacky, possibly more?
New and returning stages.

I'd throw my money at this if Aoi was announced. ButIknowitwillneverhappen  :'(

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 16, 2013, 11:03:31 AM »
lol you wouldn't be the only one, at least I don't think so. imo she's the next most likely VF candidate.

Blargh. Getting gift points in Tekken Revolution is such a hassle. I've played way more online matches than I can stomach (ie. anything more than is required to get the 10 ranked matches trophy). The netcode is pretty good, but still. mreh

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: June 16, 2013, 01:13:53 PM »
-Have boobs?
-Can fight?

Viable DoA character.

Offline MaruchanNoodles

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: June 16, 2013, 03:39:43 PM »
As true as this may be, her boobs are no where near as prominent and her outfits are far too concealing (She has that one midriff outfit) compared to, say... Vanessa. I'd think Eileen would have a better shot. Guy-wise, Kage Maru or Shun Di for double drunken ninja tag matches.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: June 16, 2013, 03:49:27 PM »
As true as this may be, her boobs are no where near as prominent and her outfits are far too concealing (She has that one midriff outfit) compared to, say... Vanessa. I'd think Eileen would have a better shot. Guy-wise, Kage Maru or Shun Di for double drunken ninja tag matches.

Eliot would like a word with you.  She's as flat as a board and generally doesn't show much skin either.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: June 16, 2013, 04:56:08 PM »
lol you wouldn't be the only one, at least I don't think so. imo she's the next most likely VF candidate.
Oh man. If they actually put Aoi in DoA5U... people are going to get blown up. :V I don't think they do it, though. Ten'chi stance would just eat most DoA character strings alive; they would either have to rework the stance or tweak everyone's movelist to flag certain moves as uncatchable like it is in VF.

Blargh. Getting gift points in Tekken Revolution is such a hassle. I've played way more online matches than I can stomach (ie. anything more than is required to get the 10 ranked matches trophy). The netcode is pretty good, but still. mreh
You'll pull these golden tickets from my cold, dead hands!!!

Eliot would like a word with you.  She's as flat as a board and generally doesn't show much skin either.

:gonk:

Fair warning: I only have one day off next week, so if we're hosting Sunday you'll have to pack it up a bit early.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: June 16, 2013, 07:15:41 PM »
Oh man. If they actually put Aoi in DoA5U... people are going to get blown up. :V I don't think they do it, though. Ten'chi stance would just eat most DoA character strings alive; they would either have to rework the stance or tweak everyone's movelist to flag certain moves as uncatchable like it is in VF.

You'll pull these golden tickets from my cold, dead hands!!!

:gonk:

Fair warning: I only have one day off next week, so if we're hosting Sunday you'll have to pack it up a bit early.
I think you and I have a mutual understanding that if it boils down to us both picking VF characters in DoA, we may as well boot up VF instead. :-\

I just unlocked my 2nd character in Tekken Revolution and it's...Leo. :V That supposed announcement about adding TTT2 characters, maybe not the entire cast, was on Harada's twitter but it so conveniently went missing not long after. I can see it happening, but how they choose to do that is another story. According to the in-game announcements, there's some events going on for the game tomorrow and I'm hoping it means they're adding training and offline VS modes. The only reason I can even stomach playing this game online is because aside from most of the players not being all that good, the netcode is very stable. I encountered my first ragequitter today come to think of it. He was on the verge of getting triple perfected and then the game conveniently tells me the connection to the other player was lost. Oh well, free gift points. I ran into this Jack-6 player who invested 92 points into Power and nothing else. I won, but lol I was so glad to not get hit by any big moves.

As for next weekend, I'd prefer to meet up Saturday if possible. I like having Sunday all to myself since I don't have to get up for work.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 07:20:11 PM by thee3rd »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: June 18, 2013, 11:04:11 PM »
Sat's out for me, working until evening, and then have to open shop, so there'd be no point.  Sunday, I'm good from 4 to whenever.

Edit: Friday's an option, too.  Completely forgot that I have that off this week.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 10:15:03 PM by Ryd »

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: June 20, 2013, 05:20:56 PM »
Sat's out for me, working until evening, and then have to open shop, so there'd be no point.  Sunday, I'm good from 4 to whenever.

Edit: Friday's an option, too.  Completely forgot that I have that off this week.

I know I have work Saturday morning, and I think Tempered does too. So if you came by Friday, you couldn't stay too late. Thinking about it, the same is true with Sunday as well -- I have to be at work Monday morning, but thankfully it's not a 6 AM start; I would probably go to bed about Midnight or so (which really isn't that much earlier than when I usually go to bed with you asshats around).

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: June 20, 2013, 07:05:57 PM »
Sounds like Friday and Sunday can work, but they're not ideal. I suppose if we can't all agree on a day, I'll sit this one out too. :-\

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: June 20, 2013, 09:12:31 PM »
Sounds like Friday and Sunday can work, but they're not ideal. I suppose if we can't all agree on a day, I'll sit this one out too. :-\
If people want to come on Sunday, then come. It doesn't matter that much... hell, I think it's more of an issue for Tempered.

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: June 20, 2013, 10:29:17 PM »
Sunday it is.  I'll probably be there around 4~4:30.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: June 21, 2013, 09:47:36 PM »
sunday is fine with me.