hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.  (Read 412489 times)

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.
« Reply #875 on: September 25, 2013, 01:19:29 PM »
yeah theres a pair of headphones near the TV that im going to assume are your.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: September 27, 2013, 05:03:40 PM »
Tomorrow?
:prinny:

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: September 27, 2013, 10:59:48 PM »
Don't see why not. :V

Yeah if there's a pair of white headphones that looks like it was packaged with an Apple device then I guess I left them there.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 11:02:38 PM by thee3rd »
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: September 28, 2013, 06:22:27 AM »
I'm not doing anything, so if people want to come by, sure.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: September 28, 2013, 01:24:48 PM »
Any particular time we'll be starting?

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: September 28, 2013, 03:18:38 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AcFe7o4Eyc

Just after 4 mins; what the fuck was that?

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: September 28, 2013, 03:32:47 PM »
Any particular time we'll be starting?
Hell if I know, there's nothing planned. Pick a time that works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AcFe7o4Eyc

Just after 4 mins; what the fuck was that?
I didn't see anything weird there, it looked like Kohaku was mashing on roll and Akiha did something quick enough to recover before the roll did (looked like a 2A) and hit her with a CH 5A. Unless there's something else? I don't see anything weird (but I might be blind).

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: September 28, 2013, 03:48:29 PM »
I'll be there between 6-7 I guess. Just like last weekend, it sounds like it just might be another one of those weekends. :V

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: September 28, 2013, 04:17:22 PM »
I think all of the GG players dropped GG waiting for BBCP console to come out in a couple of weeks.

Which will then immediately be dropped for P4UUSH/P4ASS which comes out next year.

Which will then immediately be dropped for GGXrd which comes out who fucking knows when.

Which will then immediately br dropped for BBCZ (or whatever the fuck it ends up being called).

Wheee (ok it's old but still).

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: September 29, 2013, 06:48:15 AM »
Double post but fuck it, I own the place: Ryd, I don't think I was clear on this last night. If you want to go to Povertfest and can leave with Choco Friday morning, I'll come back Sunday night to bring you and Jaxx back.

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: September 29, 2013, 12:45:55 PM »
People don't quit GG. GG quits you.

GGs in 5U. Granted, there were  some times where I appeared to be rather...upset, but nowhere near the point of Aris levels of rage. lol I think that was due in part to a number of things. I've been playing a lot of Reim...excuse me, Momiji and when I switched back to Kasumi, I had forgotten how to play her, if you can believe that. My movements were so sluggish and I was using a lot of the wrong moves. It took some time before I actually looked competent again. Surprising, I know. Another thing is probably just unfamiliarity with a lot of the moves in the game and their properties. The "patience" I had was partially because of my lack of confidence in the neutral game compared to other games. It worked half the time. But it seems I get clipped in some of the weirdest spots. And the shoulder check was the one thing that was ruining me more than anything. I'd be at +8, use an elbow or mid kick and STILL get hit, even at range 0 with my back to the wall. So that's why I'd be so reluctant to start attacking, when on paper, I should be attacking. I should probably experiment a little more, but I'll chalk it up to inexperience.

If I had to give an honest evaluation of myself in this game, I'd say I've gotten relatively decent in the short time that I've played it. But I lack a deeper understanding of the inner workings of the game.

Also dippy, you keep mentioning something about a, what's it called...school uniform? Can you enlighten me on why I would want to see Reim...excuse me, Momiji dressed like that? I require an honest and accurate response.

This is a noob move on my part asking such an open-ended question like this, but fuck it. I need to do something to take a little away from the semi-serious nature of this post.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: September 29, 2013, 08:26:01 PM »
People don't quit GG. GG quits you.
This is true, the game kicked me out after one too many bad plays years ago and I never played it since

GGs in 5U. Granted, there were  some times where I appeared to be rather...upset, but nowhere near the point of Aris levels of rage. lol I think that was due in part to a number of things. I've been playing a lot of Reim...excuse me, Momiji and when I switched back to Kasumi, I had forgotten how to play her, if you can believe that. My movements were so sluggish and I was using a lot of the wrong moves. It took some time before I actually looked competent again. Surprising, I know. Another thing is probably just unfamiliarity with a lot of the moves in the game and their properties. The "patience" I had was partially because of my lack of confidence in the neutral game compared to other games. It worked half the time. But it seems I get clipped in some of the weirdest spots. And the shoulder check was the one thing that was ruining me more than anything. I'd be at +8, use an elbow or mid kick and STILL get hit, even at range 0 with my back to the wall. So that's why I'd be so reluctant to start attacking, when on paper, I should be attacking. I should probably experiment a little more, but I'll chalk it up to inexperience.

If I had to give an honest evaluation of myself in this game, I'd say I've gotten relatively decent in the short time that I've played it. But I lack a deeper understanding of the inner workings of the game.

Also dippy, you keep mentioning something about a, what's it called...school uniform? Can you enlighten me on why I would want to see Reim...excuse me, Momiji dressed like that? I require an honest and accurate response.

This is a noob move on my part asking such an open-ended question like this, but fuck it. I need to do something to take a little away from the semi-serious nature of this post.
I didn't really think much of it -- I noticed you were getting tight at points, but I figured it was just the game (since the game is kind of BS).

I think the TV lag is screwing you up more than you think. Lei-Fang's 46P is fast... but it isn't that fast. However, in some of those situations you're getting beat out because I'm making a hard commit whereas you're trying to react. So in certain sequences, I've decided ahead of time I'm throwing that move out there and I don't give a flying fuck what happened. That and the two-frame suki in the game means you never have as much advantage as you think you do.

You think your movement is bad? I personally think my movement in DoA is utter shit, I'm always jumpy to start moving around because I'm afraid I'm going to get random holds all over the place because I try to guard cancel everything like it's VF.

One thing that makes DoA different from VF and Tekken is how much CHs matter -- or how much they don't. Getting hit at all in Tekken can be very dangerous, and in VF it's the CHs that really fuck you up, but in DoA there's not much of a difference between getting hit normally or getting counterhit. OK, that's being a bit glib (since there are a number of stun starters that are CH-only), but you have crap like random lows that start critical stuns (like Ayane 6K2K or Helena PP2K) that can be just as problematic. The only time a single hit can lead to big damage is when you're near a wall. You also end up with goofy situations like pushing buttons against the ends of strings to preempt a delayed attack. What's that last attack going to do? Juggle for minor damage? Knock you back? Oh noes.

As for suggestions on school uniforms, you could start by... I don't know... looking at your Twitter avatar??? :V Momiji looks way too old in that uniform, which I find hilarious.

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: September 29, 2013, 09:59:10 PM »
I do suppose the TV lag played a larger role than I thought it did. I just didn't want it to sound like I was using it as an excuse for poor play. Trades seem to happen more than I expect them to. And neutral throw breaks are just SO jarring because the game's camera is...special. Like, when a neutral throw is broken, the game STILL makes the camera go through its whole routine but the opponent escapes at the very end. So the camera is busy playing catch up while the players are then able to start inputting commands again. So naturally my first impulse is to hit a button, usually throw, because it's really fast. So it was throwing me off.

I'm not sure how movement is really supposed to work here. It feels easier to move than in other games, yet at the same time it feels very wonky. The random hold is more of an issue for me when I'm try to escape from stuns. At neutral I find it easy enough to just hold the back direction, but the stuns are another story.

I'd say that CHs do matter if only because it increases the amount of stun for a lot of moves. But you're right, normal hits just seem pretty weak. Stuff like 2P and 5P only leaving you at neutral on normal hit makes it very difficult to try and tick throw someone with single hits because they can just hit you back so easily. Also the HUD text for counter hits and critical stuns being the same color throws me off a bit as well when trying to decide whether I should launch someone during a stun sequence. If I had to guess, CHs don't usually occur when you have them in critical stuns and once you see that red text for the critical stun, it's time to go for the launcher. It's starting to remind me of the HUD display before MBAC ver.B where critical AND counter hits were the same text color. And I did notice lows that cause critical stuns, and in some ways that makes them potentially just as deadly as some lows in other games. Maybe not on the same level as Law's d/b+4,4 in TR (lol) but it can be a huge shift in momentum. So that really gets me.

I got some achievements unlocked today, and apparently when it says "ALL courses", the typo applies to those that have that in their description. That's SO easy.

Also, you failed to answer the question I posed at the end of my previous post. And what about my Twitter avatar? There's nothing special there. It's just a random character. :-X
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 10:02:34 PM by thee3rd »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: September 29, 2013, 11:47:14 PM »
I'm going to pass on Povertfest since I missed the window for requesting Sunday off thinking it'd be almost impossible to ensure I get back in time for life on Monday.  It's not a big deal for me since not going means I don't have to drive myself crazy trying to cram shit for class half a week earlier than I usually do, and right on the tail end of finishing the current round, while working every day along the way.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: October 01, 2013, 12:13:05 PM »
We don't play this game lol, but apparently someone made a cmv as a tribute to me: www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTiJTf5Q4K0

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: October 01, 2013, 08:34:25 PM »
THE BEAR COMBO

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: October 02, 2013, 12:13:17 AM »
Yes, dat bear combo. New and improved. It works on True Ogre as well as I showed in my last upload. Hopefully PETA doesn't get on his case. lol But yeah the item move combos were the best, especially that last one. :V He even replicated the costumes I used almost perfectly. I spoke to the creator of the video about a month ago asking how he did some of those ridiculously long TA! strings in a previous video he uploaded, and from what I could understand there's a very specific frame/timing where you can still get additional attacks to come out without a stance shift and not lose the TA! state. Needless to say it's so difficult that it's tool-assisted. A bummer because I wish they were practical. :-\

On a related note, I've been messing with 5U's tag system. Man the combos you can put together are such jokes but they're a lot of fun. Too bad I'm never gonna use these.  :-X
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 12:23:32 AM by thee3rd »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: October 03, 2013, 10:25:09 PM »
Since you guys would join the Invincible Zero Army...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J39yv3Xoud0

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: October 09, 2013, 02:51:39 PM »
I decided to take the remaining JP PSN points that I have and put them toward BBCP. However, I did put in for another order of JP PSN points and if anyone wants a copy of GGAC+R now is the time to ask about it. This also means I'm willing to split a JP copy of BBCP with someone, although the price on that is going to be $40 or so. If none of you clowns want it then I'll open it up to the local fools on Dustloop.

H-F: Jaxx (Jaxx!) had some choice words for you regarding TAKEN TAG 2 at Povertfest. :x

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: October 09, 2013, 11:34:01 PM »
And just what might that be?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 11:51:34 AM by thee3rd »

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: October 10, 2013, 09:20:06 PM »
And just what might that be?
Oh come on, where's the pop-off? :p

He's more of a Tekken player than I originally realized and I suggested that he should come by sometime to play (even though we haven't played the game in a fair bit).

Speaking of coming by, is anyone coming by this weekend? I'm doing jack and squat.

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: October 10, 2013, 10:30:05 PM »
This week is likely out for me on account of working Sat/Sun.  I might be able to show up tomorrow if current plans fall through, but I don't know how likely that is.  Next weekend is more of the same; Friday night I'll be at work; Saturday, work and Otsukimi at the Japanese garden (though I may show up late; 9:30-10ish).

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: October 10, 2013, 11:26:41 PM »
I'll probably be there this weekend but not tomorrow because I get out of work so late.

I'd have popped off initially after reading the above, but didn't have the energy to do so because of getting home so late. But if Jaxx actually plays Tekken, then I'd be ok with that. Maybe I might learn a thing or two. And yeah he should stop by some time. I can't remember the last time he did. :-\ You're right in saying we haven't really played the game in ages, but I'm not surprised. The last time I played the game was when I submitted combo clips for the huge TZCP and I submitted that almost 2 months ago, then released a couple movies of my own a month ago. So yeah. Maybe I should challenge him in Tekken Resolution and take all his tickets. lol Been messing around with 5U tag mode a little still and somehow unintentionally convinced someone to pass up GTA5 for this game. Much to my surprise because I'm no salesman. :psyduck:

As for future meetups, I don't know what my production schedule will be like. If anything, I'll have one weekend day off. Which one, I won't know. I just wish more of these shifts we were offered had consecutive days off.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: October 11, 2013, 02:45:23 PM »
Are we going to revive Tekken? :V  I don't mind playing it if we are; just want to know if I should dust off my copy.  Or whatever we're going to be playing from here on out.  I'm down with anything except the titles you know I'll flat out refuse, though I can't promise VF since we all know how much that game fails to motivate me (which is tragic, really...)

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: October 11, 2013, 05:10:54 PM »
I want to play some CHAOS CODE! Im fine with Tekken Tag, but I dont know how I feel about solo Tekken. Lets not forget about GG and Melty.