When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.  (Read 413234 times)

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.
« Reply #900 on: October 11, 2013, 08:45:47 PM »
Deciding what should and shouldn't be played should be left to the people who actually play games /realtalk  :V :V :V

I didn't mean to imply only Tag 2; there'd be too much salt buildup and someone might break something.  DoA is still fun and I don't want to see it go on the sad shelf of games people like but nobody plays.  +R got its NA 360 release; I'm hoping that means it'll get its PSN release on Tuesday.
:prinny:

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: October 11, 2013, 11:39:17 PM »
^ I think we can all agree I've played DoA more than you've played VF, and I've gotten pretty decent at it too!!! :psyduck: So I've upheld my end of the deal. :V

As for Tekken, it's one of those games that if it gets played, it gets played. That doesn't mean drop everything else for it. Who said anything about solo Tekken? You mean DR? T6? Dare I say the one that came after TTT1 but before T5? :-X I don't mind DoA too much outside of really stupid shit that happens. Granted there is a certain threshold that can be reached where I'll just go fully running back to VF. But I spent my $$$s on the game (NOT on DLC) so I need to get the most out of it starting with the achievements.

It's impossible to forget about GG and Melty. I'm not very interested in BBCP so I don't forsee it drawing me away from either game. As for Chaos Code, I'd need to learn the more S-S-STLYISH Cerberus combos but the command interpreter keeps fucking me up when I try to use the dive kick. Or I could just learn the Cerberus infinites. :-X And speaking of infinites, Pai still has a semi-infinite in 5U tag mode. I picked Lei Fang as a partner and it's literally a 1 button combo (sans the tag input). But I don't play VF characters in 5U, and who actually plays tag mode anyway? :V
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 11:44:16 PM by thee3rd »
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: October 12, 2013, 12:58:01 AM »
You really have no idea how much I want to love VF.  Truly.  I like a lot about the game, but it's unbelievably difficult to get motivated enough to do stuff with it because of my issues with the style.  I will not deny that the game has substance in spades, but the characters have less personality than FF7's cast and the sound is so incredibly corny it just makes me... :bricks:

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: October 12, 2013, 11:01:05 AM »
Maybe we can make another deal. I wont play DoA and you wont play VF  :nyoro:

Yeah I learned the pains of the command interpreter at povertfest for chaos code. Was trying to do some Celia combos but I would get the wrong move coming out if I was using that wing dash special she has.

And in regards to solo tekken I was referring to resolution but I forget you cant play it offline.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: October 12, 2013, 11:13:53 AM »
Revive ALL OF THE GAMES!!! Who wants to play Aquapazza??? :nyoro:

Why do I feel like an idiot for buying BBCP? Oh well. I think the next couple of weeks are going to be weird, especially if GGAC+R does see a full US release. People won't be able to make up their goddamn mind in regards to what to play (and it'll only get worse next year, with Xrd, P4C and DBFC all coming out).

Ryd, keep in mind that VF is a game forever stuck in the 80s and has been a no-waifu zone ever since the concept of waifus existed. That and your complains sound like what a lot of people say about Arcana Heart or Melty Blood. :p

H-F, if you started doing the Cerberus infinite, I think I would just throw you out of the house.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: October 12, 2013, 12:36:11 PM »
Melty just has pixel issues; it sounds fine.  Arcana feels like it had an 2nd rate recording job, but nothing insufferable.  VF sounds like it's actively making fun of you for playing it with the whoosh on sweeps and poverty asian kung fu B-flick voicing and hit effects.

Unless you meant the personality thing for MB/AH.  I can kinda agree with AH; some characters have it while others are about as bad as VF.  MB's characters only have an issue with failing to dress the part of a fighter.  While some characters are a little too archetypal, they are far from feeling like you might as well be throwing down with sock puppets.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: October 12, 2013, 01:03:09 PM »
BAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW!!!! Is this random Cerberus too strong for Dippy's main? :V

EDIT: I didn't notice this until now, but really? DBFC? From what I've heard and little I've seen I'm not impressed, especially knowing who's behind it. It seriously just looks like waifu fighter # 303849712893. The last anime-styled fighter to really catch my interest was AH3. The less an anime-styled fg plays like GG the less likely I am to have any interest in it.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 04:54:36 PM by thee3rd »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: October 13, 2013, 09:56:21 AM »
My FB is flooded with Pokemon.  I swear to god, if one of you picks it up... :emo:

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: October 13, 2013, 11:12:07 AM »
My FB is flooded with Pokemon.  I swear to god, if one of you picks it up... :emo:
H-F and Tempered don't have 3DSs, and I have never played a Pokemon game in my life (honest!), so I think you're good there. :p

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: October 13, 2013, 11:39:47 AM »
Oh...I thought Tempered did.  He was actually my main concern; H-F is too worried about maintaining appearances and probably thinks we'd never let him live it down, and I didn't think you'd be too into it since the series is wrapped in kid gloves and whatnot.

That said, I do think it is (or at least was up to the...3rd or 4th gen, when I gave it up) a great and incredibly complex series if you can get past the fact that it's cutesy cockfighting marketed at 7 year-olds.  My real beef with it is that it's a more powerful timesink than any MMO, and as such, should burn before it consumes another generation.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: October 13, 2013, 07:40:46 PM »
What's the deal with Pokemon again all of a sudden? I'm seeing it a lot on twitter now too. And come on guys, I'm not as overly concerned about maintaining appearances as it's made out to be. :-\ Yes, stuff does get exaggerated from time to time, but that's how we roll.

But dippy is right. I don't own a 3DS and I too haven't played a Pokemon game before which some may or may not have a hard time believing. I agree with the analysis of the series and I do remember it was a major thing back in middle school, but I never hung out with the cool kids because I never owned the games. But it's all gravy, things turned out much worse for them down the road. So yeah. :-X

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: October 17, 2013, 04:55:17 PM »
OK, so which of you idiots is coming by this weekend? I want to play something -- MB, CC, AP, VF, DoA, SFEX2, FUC, whatever.

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: October 17, 2013, 11:32:26 PM »
I might be there.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: October 18, 2013, 12:58:41 PM »
I might show Sat, but won't be there till almost 10; also likely to be tired as fuck if you want to meet that day.  I'm off Sunday though...

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: October 18, 2013, 02:00:18 PM »
Either works for me. Up to you and HF really to decide on the day.

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: October 18, 2013, 04:00:58 PM »
Well, if I show tomorrow, I'll be mostly dead, which may or may not matter much since the only things I've played lately are my violin and bass.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: October 19, 2013, 06:56:44 PM »
I suppose it's one of those weekends again. Been feeling kinda lazy. I haven't played FGs in what feels like forever and I already made plans to be on XBL tomorrow for various games. :-\

It feels like there's just too many FGs out right now and there's more on the way and it just feels hard to stay focused when everyone's jumping around between games and whatnot.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 07:17:14 PM by thee3rd »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: October 19, 2013, 10:07:49 PM »
It's fine, I was asked to work tomorrow anyway, which means I'll be spending the evening finishing shit for class.  Truthfully, I've also lost a lot of interest in gaming lately, and all of it's been going toward my instruments.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: October 20, 2013, 09:03:10 AM »
I suppose it's one of those weekends again. Been feeling kinda lazy. I haven't played FGs in what feels like forever and I already made plans to be on XBL tomorrow for various games. :-\

It feels like there's just too many FGs out right now and there's more on the way and it just feels hard to stay focused when everyone's jumping around between games and whatnot.
It's fine, I was asked to work tomorrow anyway, which means I'll be spending the evening finishing shit for class.  Truthfully, I've also lost a lot of interest in gaming lately, and all of it's been going toward my instruments.

Those doldrums... frankly, I guess it's kind of inevitable. There really hasn't been a common game since we stopped playing MB mid-2011 or so. We all tried playing AH3 but only H-F really took it seriously. Ryd could never get into playing VF, and I wanted nothing to do with P4A. Interest for other games (like BBCP) seems to be minimal. Maybe people would start coming back together for Xrd or maybe something like UNIEL, but both of those games are at least a year out.

This seems to be a problem in AZ in general. It reminds me of what happened with MB (and this very site) a couple of years back, where the current structure and leadership are deteriorating into a vacuum, with no one suitable able to step up and replace what fell.

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: October 25, 2013, 04:45:50 PM »
People wanting to come over this weekend?

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: October 25, 2013, 07:27:36 PM »
I'd like to play +R.  Chaos Code was fun last time, so I'd be down for that as well.

I'm also planning on giving BBCP a shot (Dippy, I'd be willing to go in on it with you), so I guess I'm ok with that as well.  Also, looks like Ruben is hosting Saturday, but it looks like it's pretty exclusively for BBCP; while I'm going to try playing that game, I'm not hype enough for it to sit in a crowded apartment playing it exclusively for hours on end.

Melty's kind of been on the back burner for me lately, but I'll play that too.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: October 25, 2013, 11:34:10 PM »
It's ok, I haven't been playing much in terms of FGs lately either.

I may or may not come depending on a few things. I have family from out of town visiting and I have work the next day. Moving forward, my days off are Fri-Sat. 

I'd be a little more confident in trying BBCP if I can mash buttons with someone who has as much experience as I do (ie. none) but who knows how long it'll last. If someone would be willing to game share it with me so I can try it out, by all means.

Edit: I just remembered they fucked up my Jin color from CT. And none of his other colors look to be a suitable replacement. So that diminishes my will to play him which relegates him to side character status. I suppose I'll see if there's any room on the Bullet train if/when I get to try the game out.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 12:44:00 AM by thee3rd »

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: October 26, 2013, 06:52:18 AM »
Yeah I saw that in the Dustloop thread and went "aaaah maybe not". I do have two setups here with BBCP so if someone wanted to grindlord training mode (or God forbid that many people want to play) then that could happen.

As for gamesharing it... I think I may have botched it, since it's on the same account as GGAC+R and that PSN account is already activated on H-F's PS3. However, I think I can deactivate the account remotely without affecting his copy, since he can't log into PSN on that account anyway (to my knowledge, the licenses only update once you log in). If I royally fuck it up and end up wrecking his copy of GGAC+R... I would probably a) peel the skin from my body and then b) give him either a X360 copy of the game or the money back.

H-F, I wouldn't worry about experience since NO ONE has any right now. Frankly, my biggest problem with BBCP is that I don't even know who I would want to play. D: I played Makoto in CS2 but I tried playing her now and she seems like pure asswater in this game.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 07:00:14 AM by Dipstick »

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: October 26, 2013, 02:37:05 PM »
Should we start thinking about meeting up on a different day? Possibly Friday?

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: October 26, 2013, 03:40:22 PM »
If the game sharing doesn't work out with me it's not that big of a deal.  I played (well, perhaps that's not the right term) CS2 without ever owning the game, and I did ok against a fair number of the local BB players.  But that's probably just because Tsubaki takes no effort.

I think Dippy's right and we're all in the same boat in regards to BBCP knowledge.  I know that some of Tsubaki's old combos still work and that she got a command grab and a projectile, and that's about it.