When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.  (Read 413214 times)

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.
« Reply #925 on: October 26, 2013, 06:20:24 PM »
sigh. To make things wierder I just got called in for OT tomorrow at 5 am so i'm probably going to bed around midnight :/.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: October 28, 2013, 11:42:54 PM »
TTT2 Global Championship: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJOtMjk02lw

I got to see the Law/Paul player whom dippy was talking about. He defeated Help Me!! twice. :psyduck: He sure did look like he was playing like a troll but he also made some pretty clutch reads as well. His success rate with double flip kicks was surprisingly high. And he's only 13? :| Also Mr. Naps landing Snake Edge...lol
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 11:53:09 PM by thee3rd »
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: November 01, 2013, 11:44:28 AM »
Anyone available today by any chance? y/n?

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: November 01, 2013, 04:56:57 PM »
Anyone available today by any chance? y/n?
I should be OK for it, but I don't know about anyone else.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: November 02, 2013, 10:21:54 AM »
Anybody wanting to come over today?

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: November 02, 2013, 12:07:05 PM »
Working tonight.
:prinny:

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: November 02, 2013, 12:59:13 PM »
Playing Pokemon tonight.
Fixed.  :V

For real: Ryd, we've been thinking about rescheduling sessions -- what is your normal work schedule like again?

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: November 02, 2013, 01:16:34 PM »
I still want to play +R.  And I'm down for MB, CC, and BB as well.

I looked into the file sharing thing a little.  It looks like you can only activate an account on 2 systems max, so... yeah, it might not work with anyone but H-F.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: November 02, 2013, 01:50:12 PM »
I woke up not too long ago. :gonk: So I'll pass because I'm afraid I might wake up late tomorrow for work.

At the very least a certain someone wasn't around to make Reimu jokes while we were playing 5U online last night. :V

Oh and btw....

...who's Reimu? :-\

I think the longer it takes me to actually sit down with BBCP the less I'm going to care about it. lol Plus I've got a lot of games that need to be played, and Ghosts is released on Tuesday.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: November 02, 2013, 02:11:38 PM »
I still want to play +R.  And I'm down for MB, CC, and BB as well.

I looked into the file sharing thing a little.  It looks like you can only activate an account on 2 systems max, so... yeah, it might not work with anyone but H-F.
Who wants to play Aquapazza?? :p I think Tempered and I would be OK with this (me? playing fighting games? what is this nonsense???) Maybe I (or Tempered or whoever) should post something in the Dustloop thread. If you come by, bring your PS3 so I can get it authenticated and then you can download it.

I woke up not too long ago. :gonk: So I'll pass because I'm afraid I might wake up late tomorrow for work.

At the very least a certain someone wasn't around to make Reimu jokes while we were playing 5U online last night. :V

Oh and btw....

...who's Reimu? :-\

I think the longer it takes me to actually sit down with BBCP the less I'm going to care about it. lol Plus I've got a lot of games that need to be played, and Ghosts is released on Tuesday.
You could always come on down earlier, you know. :p Let's not talk about what happened when playing 5U online last night... god damn that irritated me way more than it should have.

As for BBCP, you should be able to download it from the account I gave you for BBCP -- but I would need to give you the new password so you can log in. i can walk you through it; ideally we can work all of this out in the next day or so. If Orrax comes by I'll go over the plan with him, but generally you would download BBCP, I would deactivate the PS3, and then Orrax would grab it on his. The one issue is that you wouldn't be able to re-download it (or GGAC+R) if needed, but I don't think that would be a big issue.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 02:17:04 PM by Dipstick »

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: November 02, 2013, 02:42:00 PM »
I would come by earlier but as I was saying, I woke up not too long ago and I have a bad headache as well.

And right, you would need to provide me with the new password in order for me to just sign into PSN and download it. Plus I would need some assistance navigating the store since my JP skills are beyond poor. My guess is, just like the older PSN store, there's some section where you can download previous purchases. I don't foresee myself needing to re download +R or BBCP any time soon unless my PS3 decides to brick itself like my last one did.

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: November 02, 2013, 03:54:53 PM »
I'm willing to give Aquapazza a try if you want.

But yeah, I'm down to stop by if anyone wants to play games, and I can bring my PS3.  I can't make it until later, like 8 - 8:30 or so, however.  If people would rather set up a time on a different day that works better with everyone's schedules, I'm fine with that too.  My schedule is pretty flexible -- I can do work whenever, just so long as I get stuff done -- so I can meet up tonight and do work another day, or vice versa.  Either is fine.

Just let me know what you all want to do.

EDIT: On second thought, tonight might not be the best night for me either.  My sister is in town, and I'm not sure what her plans are yet.  If her plans are to hang out with family, I may not be able to meet up at all.

EDIT EDIT: Yeah, looks like tonight won't work for me.  Sorry!  I can do tomorrow, though, if that would be better.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 04:16:08 PM by Orrax »

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: November 02, 2013, 04:42:56 PM »
I don't think Carlos has a 'normal' work schedule

Nah I prefer not to host on Sunday if possible. Mondays are stupid busy at work and I like to make sure I get enough sleep at least one night of the week. Also yeah we've been thinking about hosting on different days depending on what we can work out. Wed-Sat is the best for me to host.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 04:44:52 PM by Tempered »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: November 02, 2013, 11:03:02 PM »
Playing my violin tonight.
Fixed.  :V

For real: Ryd, we've been thinking about rescheduling sessions -- what is your normal work schedule like again?

Fixed.

I really don't have a normal schedule, though I work mostly nights now since I have classes in the morning.  Days that I'm scheduled, I'm generally there till 11, which makes it difficult to justify meetups on those days since I wouldn't get there till a little before midnight and things were winding down around 1-2 the last few times I was there.  Haven't been around lately because I've either been working weekends or other people have bailed and it hasn't really seemed worth it.  I've also have been devoting a lot of my spare time to my violin lately; blame Lindsey Stirling for giving me motivation by doing something similar to what I'd love to do myself.  I've been more or less completely wrapped up in work/class/violin/reading George R. R. Martin; any gaming that I've done has mostly been auto-pilot stuff while reading, which naturally excludes fighters.

Truth be told, I've been thinking about taking a break from the FG thing since circumstances have already kind of put me on one and I don't really find myself missing it much.  +R's localization crap pissed me off and there are around half a dozen games that I find reasonably fun, but not so much that I'd really want to put serious time into learning them, especially given my current occupations.  Then there's the whole CP/P4C/Xrd crap, and the deal with how only a few people seem to know what they really want to play (naturally spread across a few titles).  Given that mess and that I've been having more fun with music and catching up on reading (halfway done with Martin's series, and then around 300 other books on my backlog), it seems to make sense.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 11:22:43 PM by Ryd »

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: November 03, 2013, 01:09:12 PM »
So sessions will be on Friday going forward.

On another note: on the 13th of December, Tempered and I are going to the Madoka movie showing at 6:30 at the Valley Art Harkins on Mill in Tempe. If you want to come along, you can buy a ticket online.

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: November 03, 2013, 10:11:30 PM »
That's a Friday and I have those off from work (unless I'm doing OT :psyduck:). I'd do it just to hang out but I'd also feel a little out of place since I'm not familiar with the series past what you guys have shown me. And let's not have that conversation again. We've gone on so long without so why start it up again? :V Well, more like I just don't have the energy to play along right now but you get the idea.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: November 05, 2013, 05:27:07 PM »
which discussion? The ANIME discussion or the one where we try to get you to watch madoka, or at least the first two movies?

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: November 05, 2013, 07:22:47 PM »
The one where we were debating if H-F imported the Japanese version of Call of Duty, because they replaced everyone with Kancolle characters (much like what happened with the JP version of World of Tanks and Girls und Panzer).

:bricks:

In more real news, it turns out that Ruben is starting to host again... on Friday nights. Derp! Especially with the reduced numbers we have now, does it really make sense to have separate sessions on the same day?

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: November 06, 2013, 10:49:47 AM »
Yes, I was referring to the ANIMRRRRRRR discussion. I don't mind if you guys get me to watch Madoka because I'm already in knee deep because of the introduction from a while ago.

Kancolle? Do I even wanna know? :psyduck:

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: November 06, 2013, 09:20:16 PM »
Working Fri/Sat night for the next two weeks.

Is SoCal's F-Akiha abundance my fault?  :psyduck:  I thought they only had one before Evo...

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: November 06, 2013, 09:56:45 PM »
I'm not worried about SoCal's F-Akiha abundance. It just means I'll have a much easier time during our next encounter with them. :V
« Last Edit: November 06, 2013, 10:10:54 PM by thee3rd »

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: November 07, 2013, 03:06:40 PM »
I haven't been paying much attention to socal MB. More interested in seeing how Kokonoe is going to destroy BB. Though it wouldnt surprise me.  :laffo:

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: November 07, 2013, 07:31:17 PM »
In more real news, it turns out that Ruben is starting to host again... on Friday nights. Derp! Especially with the reduced numbers we have now, does it really make sense to have separate sessions on the same day?

Possibly not?  But it's going to be hella crowded at Ruben's this Friday; it's only a one bedroom apartment.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: November 08, 2013, 07:03:05 AM »
Yeah I'm hearing a lot of complaints about Kokonoe. Maybe I should be happy I never truly got started with the game. I haven't played it since the download completed. Been too busy with Ghosts lol  :gonk:

Anything happening today? I know that Ruben is hosting today but I'm not too keen on attending if it's going to be as crowded as it sounds, even moreso if it's primarily going to be BB oriented. I'd like to play me some FGs though since it's been a while or at least it felt that way and last week fell through. :(

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: November 08, 2013, 10:03:31 AM »
I think the plan is to go to Ruben's.  And it'll probably be Blaz oriented, and I do still want to try the game, but I'm definitely down to play other games and I'd guess that other people are as well.  I'm down to play GG or MB or CC and so on, and I'm pretty sure others are willing to play other games as well.

It does get crowded, but we'll see how it goes I guess.  I've been there when it's pretty crowded and, I dunno, it really wasn't that bad.

Also, lol Kokonoe.