When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.  (Read 412521 times)

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.
« Reply #1025 on: March 07, 2014, 11:55:55 AM »
Nvm, asked to work tonight.  Probably for the best since I want more lab time anyway.
:prinny:

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 07, 2014, 02:41:44 PM »
I suppose I could probably head over sometime between 8-9 later tonight. Checked the DL thread and doesn't look like anything else is happening.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: March 07, 2014, 04:08:38 PM »
I'm down for gaming tonight but I'm also free tomorrow night. I haven't heard much from Dustloop so I'm not sure what's going on over there.

EDIT: I could also head over between 8-9, possibly a little later depending on when I finish my work (shouldn't be too long). Are those times ok?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 05:12:24 PM by Orrax »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: March 07, 2014, 05:30:47 PM »
If you're gonna be there, I'll see if I can obtain Slash for #R vs Slash matches. lol

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: March 07, 2014, 05:51:09 PM »
Do it. I might be a little late, but I should be there.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: March 08, 2014, 06:35:16 PM »
Shoutouts to lolzy #R and Slash crossover matches, messing around in AH3 training mode, and +R matches to end the night. It was a lot of fun. Not gonna lie, even now I'm still kinda shaking my head at full screen CH stun edge > run full screen > ground string into corner knockdown. lol

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 09, 2014, 12:09:07 AM »
Yeah, I don't miss Slash Ky, haha. GGs. I need to work on getting around Ky's pokes more effectively.

And AH3 :psyduck:. I feel like I've made my feelings about the game pretty clear at this point, so I don't think I have much to add. I'll just end with :slowpoke: to balance out the psyduck from before.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 12:32:44 AM by Orrax »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: March 09, 2014, 12:47:12 AM »
"I don't think Slash Ky was that good."

"I'm still kinda shaking my head at full screen CH stun edge > run full screen > ground string into corner knockdown. lol"
 :bricks:
:prinny:

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 09, 2014, 03:29:40 AM »
^ Compared to the best characters in the other games? He really isn't. :V

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: March 11, 2014, 09:50:20 PM »
Hey Dippy or Tempered: Ryan, Erik, and I are wondering if you're hosting this week. Both Erik and I still owe Ryan money for the SCR trip and it seems easiest to just give it to him the next time we meet at a gathering, but Ruben's not hosting this week and I think Ryan is starting to need the money. If you're not hosting, we'll need to plan something else soon, so just let me know.

Also, the Hori I ordered arrived. It seems nice, but I suck at it (no surprise there).

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: March 12, 2014, 12:06:53 AM »
If they are hosting, I'll only be available Friday because I start my new shift on Saturday. Which means that I won't stay as late as last time. I'll probably show up a little earlier than usual and do my best to not stay past 1am or so. Maybe dippy and I will actually play AH3 matches, or better yet, MBAC PS2 since we didn't get around to it last time. :psyduck: lol

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: March 12, 2014, 03:26:11 PM »
Due to a scheduling mishap at work, I actually have this Friday off. I originally requested time off for Final Round, but then ended up not going, so I submitted a request to cancel the vacation time... and they didn't cancel all of it. Oops. So if you want to come by early (or earlier), be my guest.

H-F: do you/can you make Sega Cup? I don't even know if you want to bother, and I've been wishy-washy about going by myself.  :-\

I still need to teach Orrax and H-F my 12 minute absChizuru.  8-)
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: March 12, 2014, 05:07:08 PM »
So, what time should I tell Ryan and Erik, then? 6, maybe?

EDIT: In case you don't remember them, Erik is Zeromus X and Ryan is LegendaryRath. They've both been to your place before.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 07:40:58 AM by Orrax »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: March 13, 2014, 12:24:40 AM »
After seeing the quality of play in VF at SCR? I'd REALLY like to go to Sega Cup but I'm not going to be able to accrue enough vacation time for it since I need a couple days in May. So instead I've been planning to get enough time off by the time Evo rolls around. I figure with my new schedule it might work out with Thu-Fri off so I'd need the Sat-Sun portion at best. But that's something we can discuss as time goes on.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: March 13, 2014, 02:49:10 PM »
So, what time should I tell Ryan and Erik, then? 6, maybe?

EDIT: In case you don't remember them, Erik is Zeromus X and Ryan is LegendaryRath. They've both been to your place before.
I'm terrible with names... yeah, 6 or so is fine, I'll probably just be playing Dark Souls 2 or something. Still only have one usable setup though (ourside of the poverty CRTs) -- maybe I should actually get around to repairing that other monitor (or just buy another one, sheesh).

After seeing the quality of play in VF at SCR? I'd REALLY like to go to Sega Cup but I'm not going to be able to accrue enough vacation time for it since I need a couple days in May. So instead I've been planning to get enough time off by the time Evo rolls around. I figure with my new schedule it might work out with Thu-Fri off so I'd need the Sat-Sun portion at best. But that's something we can discuss as time goes on.
aaaaa RIP. I'm still not sure if I want to go, although I have the time off so I could wait until the last minute to decide. Evo should be good -- and I think you want that Love Max!!!!! runback. I already have a room booked so you just need to give the word.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 03:02:44 PM by Dipstick »

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: March 13, 2014, 04:31:36 PM »
I'm terrible with names... yeah, 6 or so is fine, I'll probably just be playing Dark Souls 2 or something. Still only have one usable setup though (ourside of the poverty CRTs) -- maybe I should actually get around to repairing that other monitor (or just buy another one, sheesh).

Ok, I let them know. Also, Ruben has expressed some interest in stopping by. How big are you willing to let this thing get? I wasn't sure if you wanted to open it up to any more of the Dustloop crowd or not.

EDIT: Hmm, I guess Ryan's friend Kevin (who has also been to your place before) might also be interested, which would be convenient because then Ryan would have someone to give him a ride. Otherwise, I'll drive him. I've told them I wasn't sure about how many people you were planning on having, but that I'd mention their interest here to check if you mind a few other people showing up.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 09:14:13 PM by Orrax »

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: March 13, 2014, 09:20:22 PM »
Just know you'll be stuck with dippy for awhile. Im not officially off work till 9, then I don't get home till about 10:10-10:30. Ill put in for early release but no guarantees.

Also i have a used GTX 430 i'm sort of interested in selling. I know its old and crap but it can still run newer games.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 09:23:11 PM by Tempered »
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: March 13, 2014, 09:22:58 PM »

Ok, I let them know. Also, Ruben has expressed some interest in stopping by. How big are you willing to let this thing get? I wasn't sure if you wanted to open it up to any more of the Dustloop crowd or not.

EDIT: Hmm, I guess Ryan's friend Kevin (who has also been to your place before) might also be interested, which would be convenient because then Ryan would have someone to give him a ride. Otherwise, I'll drive him. I've told them I wasn't sure about how many people you were planning on having, but that I'd mention their interest here to check if you mind a few other people showing up.
I don't really have a problem with opening it up, but I do have one concern: there just aren't that many setups. I did get permission from Tempered to borrow one of his monitors, so we should have at least 2 displays plus a CRT.

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: March 13, 2014, 10:11:15 PM »
I don't really have a problem with opening it up, but I do have one concern: there just aren't that many setups. I did get permission from Tempered to borrow one of his monitors, so we should have at least 2 displays plus a CRT.

I think Ryan said he would bring a setup. I can bring one as well if necessary.

EDIT: Erik said he could bring one, too, so it sounds like there will be enough and I may not need to bring mine.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 10:22:31 PM by Orrax »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: March 14, 2014, 12:48:27 AM »
Yeah, I'd say the primary concern if we're going to have this many people, is the number of setups. Then the space of where to put everything. The main setup has a PS3 connected but it also gets used for Melty as well. I was considering bringing a setup of my own, but it might not be necessary.

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: March 15, 2014, 08:26:11 AM »
GGs to everyone one yesterday. Playing stick is awkward.

By the way, Tempered and Dippy, I think I left my PS2 pad and converter over there. I think I left it on the desk in front of the PS3. Can you check if it's there?

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: March 15, 2014, 09:40:10 AM »

By the way, Tempered and Dippy, I think I left my PS2 pad and converter over there. I think I left it on the desk in front of the PS3. Can you check if it's there?

I found an extra converter and PS2 controller, I'm guessing that it's yours.

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: March 15, 2014, 10:45:08 AM »

I found an extra converter and PS2 controller, I'm guessing that it's yours.

Sounds like it, and thanks. If you don't mind holding on to it, I'll just pick it up the next time I'm there.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: March 16, 2014, 09:58:09 PM »
GGs last weekend! If anything, I'm happy with the level of consistency I had with performing FRCs again. I just need to force myself to learn the new corner combos. :V Then I feel like my assimilation into +R will be complete.

Considering we were watching TTT2 on the FR stream and P4A was being played, I kinda lol'd when I saw this in my sub box earlier today: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TQzkDTfrn0

EDIT: Oops, just stumbled upon this too. lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMF-hBqLEGs
« Last Edit: March 17, 2014, 10:45:07 PM by COD3player »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: March 21, 2014, 01:04:11 PM »
Meetup later today? y/n?