When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.  (Read 412682 times)

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.
« Reply #1125 on: May 17, 2014, 03:03:25 PM »
Kokonoe bullshit was the main reason I gave up before I started.  Might look into it.  Maybe.  There's already 3 other games on the way and getting involved with another game when I haven't even been working on what I already play seems like a bad idea.
:prinny:

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: May 17, 2014, 07:50:28 PM »
Ill play some BB. Never really stopped just didn't have the time to play anything or practice for a while. Would still rather play AH or MB though.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: May 17, 2014, 10:24:36 PM »
I know I haven't been a big advocate for CP 1.1, but I'm not going to deny that it made some overall improvements to the game save for "lol ArcSys balancing" decisions. My issue is that Love Max is *checks calendar* TEN days away. So it kinda feels like this patch was released at a pretty inconvenient time (for me anyways) otherwise I'd have some incentive for trying it out. But given the circumstances, I don't feel like there's much of a point because I'll be far too invested into LM once it's here to be playing another game that I've barely spent any time with.

And if at all possible, I'd very much like to play me some AH3 next time we meet up if anyone would be ok with that. I can't remember the last time I did. There's really not much of a point to be avoiding it because LM is the same game at its core. People didn't stop playing GGAC when +R was on the horizon. If anything they started playing it again, if not moreso. Lately it seems that we've usually just been pressed for time and then there's scheduling conflicts and add to that our stellar planning skills. Yeah that's a winner of a combination right don't you think? :V But I just wanted to put this out there.
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: May 18, 2014, 04:33:42 PM »
And if at all possible, I'd very much like to play me some AH3 next time we meet up if anyone would be ok with that. I can't remember the last time I did. There's really not much of a point to be avoiding it because LM is the same game at its core. People didn't stop playing GGAC when +R was on the horizon. If anything they started playing it again, if not moreso. Lately it seems that we've usually just been pressed for time and then there's scheduling conflicts and add to that our stellar planning skills. Yeah that's a winner of a combination right don't you think? :V But I just wanted to put this out there.
If you want to play AH3, all you have to do at this point is ask... at least until UNIEL is out. :x

Since this has gone so wonderfully well last time (and no, the SNESs still don't work) when are people going to be available this week?
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: May 18, 2014, 10:05:51 PM »
Fri/Sat would be best.

Dippy, what's the plan for Evo this year?  Leaving Thu and coming back Mon?

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: May 19, 2014, 12:28:37 AM »
If you want to play AH3, all you have to do at this point is ask... at least until UNIEL is out. :x

Since this has gone so wonderfully well last time (and no, the SNESs still don't work) when are people going to be available this week?
UNIEL...another bandwaggon that a number of people (myself included) will probably be jumping on. But who's to say I can't enjoy both? Granted I don't want to be playing too many games simultaneously because I'd like to have a focus.

As always Thursdays are ideal for me. Not sure about everyone else.

And the SNESs are still out of commision? What are the chances that TWO of them wouldn't be working yet the original NES is still going strong? :bricks:

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: May 19, 2014, 04:11:32 PM »
Friday is best for me, but I should be able to make either Thursday or Saturday work as well.

No SNES means no Mega Man X speed runs. Or Secret of Mana 3-player. :gonk: I suppose we can try to beat Mario Bros. 2 again. Or, heaven forbid, run things on emulators. :psyduck:

I guess I could actually learn an activate combo and scrub things out with Weiss in AH3. It's not a game I'm particularly interested in learning (I'd even put it below UMvC3 and SF4), but if that's what everyone's playing, I will give it more of a chance.

I'm still mostly interested in +R, and I'm really looking forward to Xrd. I'd like to play more Melty, but that game seems on the back burner for everyone right now. I've been playing some CP because the online is decent and it only takes minimal effort. I'm willing to give UNIEL a try, but I'm moving to Tucson in August, so I'm not sure how much chance I'll really have to play the game.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: May 19, 2014, 05:25:40 PM »
Regarding the SNESs, I think there's some corrosion on the connectors on the mainboard. Seems to happen when the things are in storage for a decade. They should be cleanable once I get the things open, or the worst case is that I have to buy a new connector (apparently they come off easily enough). While I have them open I could mod them to support Super Famicom carts so I can play... my copy of Pop'n Twinbee. Yeah!

Fri/Sat would be best.

Dippy, what's the plan for Evo this year?  Leaving Thu and coming back Mon?
The plan right now is to leave Thursday morning and to leave Monday around Noon, although there is a bit of flexibility in that in regards to when we can leave and come back. I do need to be there Thursday night though.

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: May 19, 2014, 10:43:28 PM »
That's fine, just needed to know the days to request off.

Edit:  Also, drills.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 12:41:04 AM by Ryd »

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: May 20, 2014, 10:36:28 PM »
So lets get a concrete date this week so I know when to make time. Friday is really bad for me to host. I can if its best for everyone but im absolutely kicking people out at 1:30 - 2. Thurs and Saturday is preferred.

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: May 20, 2014, 11:10:16 PM »
Thurs.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: May 21, 2014, 01:54:39 AM »
Working late Thu, wouldn't make it till 11pm+.  Sat would be optimal.

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: May 21, 2014, 03:58:40 PM »
Friday or Saturday are best for me, but I can do Thursday as well.

So I guess Ken and Koromaru will be playable in P4U2 as a tag team: http://www.famitsu.com/news/201405/22053587.html.

I wanted Koromaru by himself, but I suppose I'll have to settle for him in a hoodie.

EDIT: Something has come up and Thursday is looking worse for me. I may still be able to do it, but I'm not sure yet. I'd prefer Friday or Saturday if possible.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 05:15:34 PM by Orrax »

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: May 21, 2014, 05:36:34 PM »
I would have no problem hosting on Friday, and honestly people don't stick around beyond 2 normally... do they? (Well, it does happen sometimes.) I would just end up kicking people out whenever I get tired. In other news, here's a table.

WhoThuFriSat
Dippy-**
Tempered*-*
H-F*x?x?
Ryd-x*
Orrax-**

It seems like Saturday would be the "obvious" pick. H-F, are you able to make it here Saturday at all?

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: May 21, 2014, 06:01:01 PM »
Unfortunately I can't. Aside from Saturday being my Monday, I'm getting out at 11 on that day. I can do Friday if it works out better for more of us and it looks like its the next best option. :|

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: May 21, 2014, 09:52:59 PM »
Friday then?

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: May 21, 2014, 10:06:41 PM »
Friday is looking like the best option. Dippy taking over make sense.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: May 22, 2014, 02:25:14 PM »
If Ryd is OK with Friday, then that seems like it would work for everyone.

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: May 22, 2014, 10:33:15 PM »
Yeah, I can make that work.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: May 24, 2014, 09:44:57 PM »
So I kinda feel like last night didn't go as well as I had expected. And I'm hoping that Ray and Erik didn't think that I was being a selfish jerk with my PS3. I just wanted to play me some AH3 after not having played it in a while, and with LM around the corner, is it all that surprising? Once again I have a focus and I want to stick to it. Maybe I should be taking it up with them but something like this would feel kinda out of place in the DL thread seeing that I don't post there very often. But I'd like to know if anyone thinks that my actions were out of line.

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: May 24, 2014, 11:01:52 PM »
I didn't really see what happened. Did you kick them off or something? Or were you just kind of being a pest about it?

I thought it was a little odd that Ray left as early as he did, but I initially figured it was because Ruben didn't show up. In retrospect, it may have been because he wasn't happy with the games being played. Erik's usually pretty laid back about things, but, again, I didn't see what happened.

And, I dunno, I don't think saying something like, "Sorry if I came across as selfish" would be that out of place on Dustloop.

And GGs everyone. Mario Bros. 2 was hype. Soul Calibur II was considerably less hype for me, but shout outs to Carlos for actually getting me to play it.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: May 25, 2014, 01:31:44 AM »
Well I guess I was just a bit upset that the proposal to play AP on my PS3 was made knowing full well that the DL guys who "play" AP have practically zero dedication to it and I felt like my PS3 could be going to much better use. But I may have taken it a tad too far.

I did make a short post on DL about it because I owe them at least that much.

Also GGs in GG and Mario 2. lol I feel like this was an all-time low for getting hit by VVs but I feel kinda stupid looking back that I wasn't punishing with optimal meterless combos. Because I just remembered 3H (old 6H) is in the game and serves another purpose besides a meaty. It was THE move to punish whiffed VVs back in the day. :( And we FINALLY beat Mario 2.

As for SC2...lol. I played it a lot back in high school but my circle of competition was 2 people because I was just your typical high schooler without a job so we knew almost nothing about tournaments. I'll probably get in on the action sometime down the road when I feel like I just need to let loose and not care about performance. And I'll need to watch Aris's Xianghua tutorial, because I need to re-learn how to play such an easy character. :V

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: May 25, 2014, 02:08:26 AM »
Landed Summon Suffering and Calamity Symphony yesterday; no regrets  :laffo:

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: May 25, 2014, 03:48:48 PM »
I have no idea what those are. Going to guess they're Amane moves. I actually kind of want to play BB now. 1.1 actually made Hazama interesting instead of j.c gorilla combos and matchups got a bit easier with the nerfs. Well except for Azreal and Kagura. Im still good for AH3:LM. Hype even and i'm serious about the Water Elsa main. Vsav bubble is the Water eclipse and looks like it can setup some dirty stuff.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: May 25, 2014, 08:00:16 PM »
Well I guess I was just a bit upset that the proposal to play AP on my PS3 was made knowing full well that the DL guys who "play" AP have practically zero dedication to it and I felt like my PS3 could be going to much better use. But I may have taken it a tad too far.

I'm not worried about it at all, but to be fair, I really did want to play Aquapazza. :P I feel kind of bad about Ray/Erik not having somethign to play, because I was talking about getting another setup up more than once but never did it. I think I figured that if someone wanted it, someone would have poked me about it and then I would have set it up on one of the SD TVs or something.

Landed Summon Suffering and Calamity Symphony yesterday; no regrets  :laffo:
You sure about that? Cassandra decked her for trying plenty of times.  8-)

I have no idea what those are. Going to guess they're Amane moves.
Come on -- you've never played Soul Caibur 2? They're Ivy's command grabs. That's almost as bad as you thinking Virtual On was a dating sim.

それがわたしのスタンダード!