When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.  (Read 413173 times)

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.
« Reply #1225 on: July 16, 2014, 01:13:11 AM »
I actually watched a lot of UNIEL match vids yesterday.  I didn't know the bastard child of v-13 and Gilgamesh was in the game.  I might play her alongside Vatista.  Carmine is too sad when faster characters get in and I still don't like the thought of killing myself to do anything noteworthy.  Don't get me wrong, his pressure and damage are solid and I saw him get some nasty crossups on some of that shit, but I'm not comfortable with the prospect of potentially losing because I threw out a fireball 40 seconds ago.  I've had too many matches settled by a magic pixel to willingly give them away.
:prinny:

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: July 16, 2014, 01:18:04 AM »
Probably going to be playing MB and AH3 myself. and Yeah we can work out the UNIEL split with Dippy since hes familiar with that stuff. Also I'm more than happy to drop AH3 to focus on UNIEL and MB if its expected of me.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: July 16, 2014, 02:34:45 AM »
With UNIEL coming up soon, I'm having a character crisis yet again, and it REALLY sucks. I've never had so much difficulty deciding on a character who I really want to play. Knowing you guys and speaking to a few others, I'm predicted/expected to play certain characters. And while each of the reasons I've heard from said people do make sense to a certain extent, they don't necessarily make the decision process any easier.

You wouldn't think I'd have this much trouble making a decision, but it's true. Maybe it's just so late at night that I can't think straight. And maybe I just said a whole lot of nothing.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 10:36:21 AM by COD3player »
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Akujiki

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: July 16, 2014, 01:15:12 PM »
Oh god dammit you would play on Thursday this week of all weeks.

Who's hosting, I may be lucid enough after 20+ hours of flying to pop in for a bit.

EDIT: Actually, whoever's hosting, send me a PM with the address?  I'm getting in at like 6pm and then I'll probably eat and spend some time with the folks, and then if I can make it I'll try to head out around eight-ish.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 03:05:31 PM by Akujiki »

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: July 16, 2014, 07:18:11 PM »
Well we've been doing Thursday's normally for a while due to peoples wack schedules.

And to HF. Even I want to play 5 different characters at this point. Watching videos of people play doesn't emulate actually playing a character yourself. Only option is just to wait.

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1230 on: July 16, 2014, 08:44:58 PM »
Oh god dammit you would play on Thursday this week of all weeks.

Who's hosting, I may be lucid enough after 20+ hours of flying to pop in for a bit.

EDIT: Actually, whoever's hosting, send me a PM with the address?  I'm getting in at like 6pm and then I'll probably eat and spend some time with the folks, and then if I can make it I'll try to head out around eight-ish.
It's at the same place it's always been. I'm PMed you the address, just in case you lost it somewhere.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: July 16, 2014, 08:57:54 PM »
Heeeeey it's Andrew! It's been a while so it'll be good to see you again. Though a little notice wouldn't have hurt. :psyduck: You'd be visiting straight from a plane trip? Dang.

But yeah I have like 5-6 characters that I want to try out in UNIEL, but I shouldn't overload myself. They all have a color scheme that I like so I can't use that as the basis for selection. lol But yeah, let's see if we can get the JP PSN account stuff squared away tomorrow.

dippy have you totaled up all the cash I owe you from our trip? I need to make sure I don't forget to bring it along with Carlos's AH3LM poster.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 10:35:37 PM by COD3player »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: July 16, 2014, 10:15:24 PM »
I'm like...the only one with 2-3 characters in mind.  Vatista, Hilde, and maybe be slightly scumbaggy and play Yuzu.

Welcome back, Andrew.  Going to show off all those skills you picked up in Japan?  :nyoro:

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: July 16, 2014, 10:57:56 PM »
^ lol why would you do that to yourself considering you think she's the character I'd play? :gonk: I guess that means I'm only slightly scumbaggy since she's one of the character's I'd like to use? lol Whomever I end up using, is just going to prove that someone right. :-\

I also wonder if Nanase has a color scheme that makes her weapon look like an exact replica of the Soul Calibur. I'll have to look.

Numakie will be re-streaming Evo Melty top 8 tomorrow night at 8 pm PST. Haven't had the chance to re-watch any of the Animevo streams because yesterday I watched the UMVC3 finals and the grand finals for USF4.

I suppose I'm done talking about UNIEL for now. No sense in getting overly hype for a game that's not here yet (but just around the corner) and have NO idea how long anyone is going to stick with it. P4U2 comes out next month and I believe it's region free. I personally plan to skip out on it because by then, there's just too many games to be playing. I might mash buttons here and there to take people to the rave, but meh. Then in the not so distant future, Xrd will be here. And I will NOT be skipping out on that.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 11:30:17 PM by COD3player »

Offline Akujiki

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: July 16, 2014, 11:09:25 PM »
Advance warning, hah!  I was planning on asking who was hosting this morning when I saw the talk about it being Thursday.  It shouldn't be a problem though, I might honestly just stop off at home long enough to shower and then head out, honestly not sure.

Carlos: I will show you the skills I have developed doing literally everything but playing fighting games.  I still remember my basic H-Roa shit at least.

Dippy: Thanks, I kind of remember the location (up by Fiesta right?) but not well enough to drive it by memory.

Offline Akujiki

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: July 17, 2014, 03:10:42 PM »
Oh look my plane to Sky Harbor is delayed half an hour.

Why is United so bad?

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: July 17, 2014, 03:50:25 PM »
Oh look my plane to Sky Harbor is delayed half an hour.

Why is United so bad?
Only a half-hour? Pfft, that's practically on-time by airline standards. At least you're not flying over Romania. D:

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: July 18, 2014, 01:29:17 PM »
Dippy, I left the money under the right computer speaker.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: July 18, 2014, 05:18:32 PM »
No more spiking Gatorades in the house!!!

Dippy, I left the money under the right computer speaker.
I thought I was seeing shit when I got home from work.

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: July 18, 2014, 06:38:00 PM »
Apparently I was supposed to be a witness. lol

lol the Gatorade.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: July 18, 2014, 09:59:59 PM »
So I got the PSN account up, Ill be looking into getting the points late Saturday or sometime Sunday. Just bring your monies and PS3s on Thursday or no download.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: July 18, 2014, 10:26:03 PM »
Not a problem. I won't be passing on that day 1 access. Depending on how much extra time off I have, I might use it for next weekend. :| Not so sure. But I'd like to crack out pretty hard when the game is finally released.

Don't think that I've given up on AH3LM entirely. I'll be purchasing it once it gets released here. And while its flavor of the month status may be gone, UNIEL still has a lot to live up to, at least for me. But I'm definitely going to give this game a fair chance. And then there's P4AU next month for those who'll be playing it.  :V

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: July 19, 2014, 08:12:32 PM »
I'm back from Japan!

Can I get in on the day-1 UNIEL access?

Also, I watched the top 8 of Melty from Evo. Congrats to H-F for second, and to Carlos and Tempered for getting top 8.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 08:29:48 PM by Orrax »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: July 19, 2014, 09:34:18 PM »
Hope you had fun during your trip!

So you want in on day 1 UNIEL access? If so, you're just the person we need because I don't think we have a 4th person to split with just yet and if we have 4 people the split will work out much better. Tempered can fill you in on the details.

And thanks. That was me playing Melty for the first time in I dunno how long. lol I somehow managed to get 2nd in Chaos Code as well after not playing it in well over a year at the very least. But yes, we had all of Arizona in top 8 for Melty because all of them (except me) were in the same pool. And by all of them, I mean 3 of us. dippy defected to NorCal so he's no longer relevant. :V
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 09:36:14 PM by COD3player »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: July 19, 2014, 10:03:45 PM »
Oh god, that stream where I fucked up like everything vs Viskar, and everyone was probably wondering how I got that far, lol :emo: At least vs Tempered, things were a little smoother, but we both swear that setup was randomly eating inputs.  And then the H-F match....  :slowpoke:  Would have played Sacchin if I'd gotten more practice on that stupid link beforehand.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: July 20, 2014, 09:03:11 PM »
Yeah Luke can be the 4th. sounds good. Split for Uniel's going to be 18 per with 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1rv4GAZoho&feature=youtu.be new fatal frame it looks like.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 10:40:21 PM by Tempered »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: July 20, 2014, 11:21:25 PM »
That's pretty random to post. lol Sort of.

I currently have no cash on me so I hope you or someone will have some change to spare when I bring a 20. :|

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: July 21, 2014, 04:56:21 PM »
Hope you had fun during your trip!

My trip was a lot of fun. I got blown up in Xrd a lot, haha. The competition was fierce.

I'll try to have exact change when I get there. I assume this means we're meeting on Thursday?

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: July 21, 2014, 05:44:40 PM »
Yup

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: July 21, 2014, 09:32:48 PM »
So provided that we're all meeting up on Thursday night, let's try to get some of the logistics squared away. When we're all there, we're going to have FOUR PS3s that need to download and install UNIEL which is going to take some time depending on how large the game is. Now to put things into perspective, since we will have 4 consoles each with a digital copy of UNIEL, will we have enough setups to accommodate them? I get the feeling this launch party could be pretty huge, so we're definitely going to need setups. And I think 4 would be a good number since we're definitely not getting by with only 2. Just my thoughts.

dippy you said that you'll be off on Friday as well? If that's the case, and if people are available on that day, I'd be willing to make a 2nd trip for more grind time because I get the sinking feeling we will be pressed for time Thursday night. Sounds crazy? Not quite as crazy as all the stories I heard when P4A first came out and people were staying overnight wherever for 14+ hour sessions. It's not going to be like that. But my logic, is to get as much time in with the game and learn all the systems & basics crap as fast as possible to get them out of the way and then truly begin focusing on my character(s) and/or matchups.