When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.  (Read 409285 times)

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.
« Reply #1400 on: December 14, 2014, 01:22:14 PM »
GGs! Had a lot of fun playing Xrd although it will still take some getting used to, namely YRCs. Tempered and I stopped playing just after 5 am. 5 am powers too strong. No, we didn't have a 100+ game session like in MBAA or VF. But if I had to guess, it may have been half. :V Shoutouts to ancient matchups Sol vs Ky and Millia vs Zato. I'll put in more grind time with Elphelt so my confirms aren't so sloppy and hopefully learn the unblockable setup. I seem to be getting by or holding my own with proper use of the slash button. lol

Also, shoutouts to dippy for actually playing AH3LM with me. I was half joking when I mentioned it, but I won't complain. I'm surprised there wasn't any DFC action afterwards. :psyduck:
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: December 16, 2014, 04:08:55 PM »
So, little Eddie's command grab leads into the UB if done in/near the corner and Zato has 50 meter, and tic throws really well off of 6K/6HS/drills.  Nice.  All that remains is seeing how easy it is to react to with everything else going on.

Also, apparently there's this.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 04:10:27 PM by Ryd »
:prinny:

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: December 16, 2014, 10:37:37 PM »
Picked up a regular edition of Xrd for PS4 at Gamestop. I figured there was no point in waiting for the LE and the removal of the game's official release date created a big mess. And the store that I originally pre-ordered from wasn't confident that they would be receiving any more LE's than initially anticipated. But here's how the interaction between me and the employee who was ringing up my order went:

Employee: Oh man, Guilty Gear. Do you like BlazBlue?
Me: ehehehehe...*shrug*
Employee: OMG I LOVE Rachel! In Guilty Gear I play the girl with the anchor. I forgot her name.
Me: ......... *cold stare*

Yeah, not quite the conversation I wanted to participate in. I arrived shortly before closing since I had just gotten out of work. So they didn't have time to hassle me about upcoming pre-orders and whatnot.

This game looks so much cleaner on PS4 but I won't be lugging it around with me any time soon. Finally starting to get the hang of Elph's shotgun loop. There's no way I was going to pass up on this combo. Now I just need to put in a little time to work on the unblockables. Sure they may not be Zato UBs, but they're there. Plus it gives the rifle a little more utility. Gotta practice dem no-scopez.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 10:39:11 PM by COD3player »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: December 17, 2014, 02:08:13 AM »
http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9499-xrd-elphelt-gameplay-discussion-the-true-best-girl/page-5#entry874941

Relevant to your interests, H-F.  It's pretty much what I was said before - her UB is nice, but beatable.  I just didn't expect backdash to apparently be so strong against it.  I guess Zato's the only one allowed to have real bullshit :V

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: December 17, 2014, 08:28:49 PM »
Employee: Oh man, Guilty Gear. Do you like BlazBlue?
Me: ehehehehe...*shrug*
Employee: OMG I LOVE Rachel! In Guilty Gear I play the girl with the anchor. I forgot her name.
Me: ......... *cold stare*

I hope you gave that guy a 5 star review. He felt your anime aura and was trying to provide you with the best customer service he could muster after dealing with anime nerds buying neptunia and blazblue.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: December 17, 2014, 08:52:15 PM »
^Except this anime aura you speak of is nowhere to be found. I don't even play Rachel or May. Now I feel the need to play AW just to forget about that mess.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/9499-xrd-elphelt-gameplay-discussion-the-true-best-girl/page-5#entry874941

Relevant to your interests, H-F.  It's pretty much what I was said before - her UB is nice, but beatable.  I just didn't expect backdash to apparently be so strong against it.  I guess Zato's the only one allowed to have real bullshit :V
Oh man, it's been forever since I read DL for anything that wasn't the match finder. I guess because +R wasn't a brand new game so I was able to learn it on the fly. A pity these aren't true UBs due to the options available, but I'll still mess around with them a little. But yeah we can't have her being as good as Zato, that would be too much to ask. I wish the rifle had more applications tho. I'll have to settle for shotgun loops that do 200+ damage off throw, command throw, and 5K (vs full health bars). :toot:

Also . . . . .

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: December 17, 2014, 08:52:38 PM »
I hope you gave that guy a 5 star review. He felt your anime aura and was trying to provide you with the best customer service he could muster after dealing with anime nerds buying neptunia and blazblue.

Why is there no "like" function on this forums???

^Except this anime aura you speak of is nowhere to be found. I don't even play Rachel or May. Now I feel the need to play AW just to forget about that mess.

Elphelt is like 50x more anime than either Rachel or May  :V
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 08:54:42 PM by Ryd »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: December 17, 2014, 09:18:18 PM »
If you liked his post, I would have unliked it just to even it out. And you guys can't accuse me of playing a waifu character or very anime character when:

1) She's not from an anime. She's an original creation. Last I checked, the GG series is known for being a fighting game. NOT an anime.
2) Every last one of you muphukkas have spent more time playing DFC than I have. Yes, Luke INCLUDED. I have a whopping 00:00:00 time played in that game.

So there you go. :P

On an unrelated note, DMC4 Special Edition with possible playable Vergil? Niiiiiiiiiice. I hope they include Legendary Dark Knight mode from the PC version though. The enemy count per battle is absurd.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2014, 09:24:14 PM by COD3player »

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: December 19, 2014, 08:22:53 PM »
So uh. Ill be hosting tomorrow night. Same time same place.

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: December 19, 2014, 11:12:54 PM »
Won't make it till like 11 if I show.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1410 on: December 19, 2014, 11:23:50 PM »
I suppose I'll be there.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: December 21, 2014, 10:17:10 PM »
GGs in Xrd last night. Yes, I DO get annoyed at certain things too just like anyone else, and I know how it feels. It's karma, I get it. :P

I'll be out of town next weekend so I'll be missing the monthly tourney. Not sure if SoCal is having Rebel Up that weekend but I might not be able to make it depending on stuff. But I'll definitely be playing GG with some friends that I haven't seen in ages.

See you guys next year. :toot:
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 10:22:24 PM by COD3player »

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: December 22, 2014, 03:09:51 PM »
See you in 2015 -- bring back some Ws!

Are you leaving before of after Christmas? Apparently there might be something happening Christmas day? lol planning.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: December 22, 2014, 05:10:17 PM »
http://a.pomf.se/xsepzp.webm cant wait till carlos can do this.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: December 23, 2014, 01:23:41 PM »
Hey, if you want to expose yourself to CH Nobiru, that's totally on you.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: December 23, 2014, 11:42:48 PM »
See you in 2015 -- bring back some Ws!

Are you leaving before of after Christmas? Apparently there might be something happening Christmas day? lol planning.
I'm leaving later today and I'll be gone for the weekend. I got word that since Super Arcade is re-locating, the next Rebel Up is unconfirmed although it's supposed to be this weekend. If there's no word on the new location before then, the event will probably be cancelled. Also, there's something going down on Christmas day? Is spending a holiday with family even a thing anymore? Granted, in my case it's a big deal this year because I haven't celebrated Christmas in SoCal since before I moved out here which was 5 years ago. :psyduck:

On another unrelated note, since I play Elph and such, shotguns came to mind:
Top 5 All Time COD Shotguns!! (COD4 to COD Ghosts)
Pre-Patch 1887 Akimbo
Spastex-130
Manliest Combat Record
These should be required viewing to play the character. People just don't understand how powerful shotguns can be. Dat last one tho. :V
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 11:48:53 PM by COD3player »

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: December 24, 2014, 01:48:46 PM »
It's not as nuts as it sounds. For some of us, our families are far away from here -- in my case, everyone else in my family is back on the east coast. So we can at least live our sad lives together. :P

Don't worry about it -- just when you come back, be ready to come correct.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: December 26, 2014, 02:31:41 AM »
CH Nobiru, [Shadow Gallery+Nobiru] x2, 6P(2), cS, cS, 2D, jH unblockable, 5S, jS, jHS, jD

A bit less effort than the linked combo, and guaranteed dizzy on everyone up to Sol's stun resist, assuming resist isn't universal in this game.  Not sure who would have more outside of Pot, and haven't tested it on him yet, but everyone up to Sol is going to be a pretty sizable chunk of the cast.  From full health: 250ish damage plus 100+ from bullshit with guts.  So, not eating CH Nobiru in the corner is priority #1 when fighting Zato.  The only relatively tricky parts are 1) confirming the CH, and 2) timing the first Shadow Gallery to hit just before they land.  Everything else is pretty easy :toot:

Eddie is still Eddie.  The only relatively nice thing about fighting him now is that he needs to get you into the corner to really fuck you up since the only way to get an unblockable midscreen is Damned Fang.  The bad thing is that buzzsaw Mawaru makes getting to a corner pretty damn easy to do, and any corner hit with Eddie out and at least half his bar theoretically leads into getting blown up (whatever xx Mawaru 5D wall splat).

Just need to get better at executing with this bastard.

Edit:  Lol, you can throw>RC>Shadow Gallery loop>follow up combo>unblockable in the corner.  Why?  :V
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 02:04:55 AM by Ryd »

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: December 27, 2014, 04:28:50 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qr9v5Asbndg

This makes me mad, and I play the character.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: December 27, 2014, 10:20:57 PM »
Why would you be mad? That looks like a pretty dope combo. If anything that reminds me I need to play me some UNIEL every now and again so I'm not overly rusty. UNIEL didn't happen at yesterday's tourney so I guess I caught a break. How did you do in the tourney? Looks like Koogy is back in top competitive form. Did you fight any other Kys or Elphs? If so, how far ahead of me are they? :psyduck: Just hoping that I'm not a complete slouch when I get back.

Offline Orrax

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Noxious Air
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: December 27, 2014, 10:41:31 PM »
I fought one Elphelt and one Ky. You aren't behind. :P

Did Rebel Up happen, and, if so, did you go?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 10:46:00 PM by Orrax »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: December 27, 2014, 11:49:07 PM »
^ Unfortunately Rebel Up didn't happen because I didn't get any word about where the next event would take place and I didn't find any additional information. :( So instead I visited a friend of mine and we played a lot of Xrd. Faust is ridiculous. :gonk: We tried playing some +R to end the night and omfg my muscle memory for that game is practically gone. It moves WAY faster and Xrd just feels so much more streamlined by comparison. :bricks: But we had a lot of fun. Also, nice work on your ranking in the tourney. Sin looks like an incredibly annoying character to fight against and one that will probably take some time to for me to get used to. Koogy with the Slayer and I-No tho. :slowpoke:

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: December 30, 2014, 01:05:45 PM »
Games on Wed or Thu?

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: December 30, 2014, 05:44:15 PM »
I'm working both days. So I probably won't be there if anything goes down. :(

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: December 30, 2014, 06:47:36 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDO7i4tWJKA

I would have played the shit out of this.