When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.  (Read 408504 times)

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
Re: Arizona Phoenix Valley - MBAACC - We paid for netplay.
« Reply #1450 on: January 18, 2015, 03:05:10 PM »
^eheheheh cute. <.< The only time you'll ever hear me say that.

I wanted to try playing Linne just to remember stuff but I somehow got stuck playing Eltnum for the rest of the UNIEL session. :-\ You mash rematch too hard.

Never thought you'd be SO mad to lose a single match as opposed to 15 of them vs. a 2012'er(?) in VF. I still love the game, but air dashers, namely GG, are still my priority. Last night kinda makes me wanna go to training mode to re-learn setups and optimal punishes but it'll have to hold until after next weekend's tourney. After that, we have a month to brush off the Melty rust.

Also, I had NO idea you guys were starting the session early. No one said anything so I was under the impression it was going to be another late start. :psyduck:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 03:56:28 PM by COD3player »
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: January 18, 2015, 06:53:33 PM »
There was no real plan to start early. Carlos just did his own thing.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: January 18, 2015, 09:48:45 PM »
Someone plz text me next time if things start earlier than 8. :-X

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: January 19, 2015, 08:08:40 PM »
Tell Carlos to do that. I dont get off work till 8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQWzJS02pPo enjoy.

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: January 19, 2015, 11:15:12 PM »
REmake HD is now available for $20.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: January 20, 2015, 06:49:46 PM »
So, relevant Evo titles are:

Guilty Gear
Persona 4: Ultimax
Melee?

RIP UNIEL.
:prinny:

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: January 20, 2015, 07:00:04 PM »
So no UNIEL. Oh well but it'll have one hell of a side tourney. But Melee AND Sm4sh? And Tekken 7? wtf
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 07:11:31 PM by COD3player »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: January 25, 2015, 12:23:08 PM »
Yesterday's tournament was really fun.

Carlos's highlights for the night:
1) F/UC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2) Making it to grand finals in UNIEL

I think you secretly practice UNIEL. I was starting to believe we would have to crown a new UNIEL champion. :V For what it's worth, the top 8 for UNIEL at FFs7 had 3 Vatistas and only 1 Gordeau. NO Linnes or Eltnums.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: January 25, 2015, 02:26:17 PM »
If by "secret practice", you mean spending like 15-20 mins in training mode the night before to reacquaint myself with handling Vatista and then a couple of warm up rounds right before, then sure.  Secret practice.  If I'd really been keeping up, I would've been getting 3-5k every time you got tagged by a crystal and wouldn't have been messing up charge times nearly as much, though it was fun to see that you were apparently nervous enough to not capitalize on the 2Cs with nothing behind them because I fucked up.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: January 25, 2015, 02:57:13 PM »
Mreh. If anything I was a little annoyed at missing a few obvious 236B punishes because I'd get 5B instead for whatever reason. That and I dropped a few combos because of the annoying 2C link to get the 2nd rep of 214B. :-\ Though at the same time I won't complain about overcoming adversity when it stares me in the face. As slow as the matchup can be, at least most of the rounds didn't with time overs. Don't think the commentators would've been too happy about that. lol

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: January 25, 2015, 03:13:01 PM »
Don't think you would've been too happy about more clock scams either :laffo:  A win's a win in my book :V

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: January 30, 2015, 01:32:52 PM »
So... anyone want to come by tomorrow? Maybe we could play... eh... ahh... Who's hype for the US release of Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax?!? (No one.)

Also, apropos of nothing, check out these sick Venom setups.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: January 30, 2015, 07:29:40 PM »
^Buy me a copy and I might put in a little time. Italicized word for emphasis.

If we're meeting up tomorrow then around what time should we be there?

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: January 31, 2015, 07:40:33 AM »
^Buy me a copy and I might put in a little time. Italicized word for emphasis.

If we're meeting up tomorrow then around what time should we be there?

I guess when I assume people are coming early, they show up super late. And when I assume people are coming late, they show up super early. So... uh... I dunno, 7-8ish is what I usually expect.

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: January 31, 2015, 12:42:23 PM »
I'm going to collapse for a couple of hours, but will probably show around 6:30-7 if I make it at all; won't be staying late tonight.

Still feeling pretty dead.  See you guys next weekend unless anyone's up for games tomorrow or sometime during the week.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 04:14:06 PM by Ryd »

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: February 01, 2015, 08:25:35 PM »
That guy gets it.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: February 02, 2015, 02:16:16 PM »
Just thinking about the session from last Saturday:

• I need more Red Bull.
  • I was kind of lolling at how I made trying to 3C assaults as a point of emphasis only to find out it's not that great against Orie since she can project the summons in front of her and Eltnum doesn't have anything horizontal enough to really hit her at that range.
  • I'm way too passive in neutral, letting you set up shop in the space where B thrust is optimal. Walking forward into the thrust is a concern but it needs to be done, which would then either put that move at an unsafe range or make you walk back further (and into the corner, ultimately).
  • I need some different looks in terms of blockstring sequences. I know you were looking for a lot stuff after 2C5A, and even when I was trying something like 2C5A22A it wasn't fast enough. I just don't know if that wasn't fast enough or if the enforced recovery frames+gun startup is too much.
  • I do need to commit to some more actual mixups, even if they're not that great. It's kind of the same mentality I have with Nanaya, and it can be troublesome especially against someone with a ton of patience (and at least MB has a guard bar!). On the flip side, those more patient players are who you want to throw those mixups up against, as even if doesn't work the odds of being challenged directly are rather low.
  • I need to do a better job of CS usage. I think I was doing a better job of getting it, but I'm still not using it all that well. She doesn't have a ton of combos that require it (outside of max range 2C214B combos with no meter), but proper usage defensively can have a huge payoff.

That guy gets it.
She put a dozen shotgun shots in him and he still didn't die.

Either Elphelt has that Ultimate Suck Ass Shotgun damage or Potemkin is lag switching like an asshole.

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: February 02, 2015, 09:54:33 PM »
  • Orie's air summons give her the ability to actually play air footsies, but most importantly they stall her falling trajectory and the rewards on hit can be pretty high. But that's why I have been using them a lot more.
  • Ideally at neutral you want to be in range for Eltnum's 2C or even a single gunshot. 2C gives you a knockdown if it connects at max range, or a full combo if it connects any closer than that. The problem lies with throwing out 2C willy-nilly because although it's fast, it's asking to be whiff punished. Walking into a thrust isn't the worst possible outcome so long as they don't have meter to spend. But it's still a knockdown which allows which turns the momentum around.
  • I can't say much in terms of blockstrings but there are a lot of options. You just can't rely too much on 2C5A as it becomes counter-poke city once the opponent gets pushed to a certain range.
  • For mixups you have assault j.C and 6B. The game isn't very heavy on its mixups but you have to make use of what you have. And in regards to blocking Orie's 6B overhead, you really shouldn't be beating yourself up too bad for the simple fact that EVERYONE gets hit by it. It's a general statement but it's true. You can watch any Orie match video and you'd be hard pressed to find someone who either never uses it or always blocks it properly. It's a tool the character has and it's essential no less. I'll even say that some use it much more than I do. What some people may not notice, is that I never do the same overhead sequence twice in a row and I'm constantly switching up how early or late I use it, which is honestly the best way to use it because it simply keeps the opponent guessing. That and it looks kinda similar to a couple of other moves that she has due to the animation. Of course, 3C is a decent anti-mash tool which is what I use every now and again in place of the overhead because of the CH property and it crushes lows.
  • CS usage is pretty much a judgement call. Eltnum doesn't necessarily have any particularly unsafe moves that are redeemed by CS. But using CS during certain pressure strings makes them punishable but that's pretty obvious. Me personally, if I don't feel confident in a particular confirm, I'll use CS. Though there are times where I feel I'm particularly wasteful with it.
Unfortunately for me I didn't get to use any other characters so I'll be sure to change next time, but I  only have 2 others so it's not like I have a huge variety. I'll just pick one and roll with it. I did re-watch part of the tourney's stream, and there was talk about this recent(?) UNIEL tourney where Senaru's team got knocked out. Some Seth player took him out along with a Merkava player, and an Orie cleaned up the Gordeau on their team (I'm thinking it was GO1). Sounds kinda crazy and something I'd want to see to believe. But other than that on the commentary, all I can remember is everyone sounding so shocked to see my play Orie. That's a surprise.

She put a dozen shotgun shots in him and he still didn't die.

Either Elphelt has that Ultimate Suck Ass Shotgun damage or Potemkin is lag switching like an asshole.
How else do you think MLG players made it to the pro circuit? :-X

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: February 04, 2015, 03:02:15 AM »
So instead of making a quick change to make Elphelt's grenade manageable, they made a few.  So far:

-explodes if hit by projectiles
-can be smacked away
-dud if Elphelt gets hit

Bitch no longer shits all over everyone else in neutral for free :toot:

Also, f.S attack level reduced and increased proration on Bridal.  Some minor notes on her gun stances, but I think I read that the full 1.10 changelog hasn't been released.

Zato got a few hits of varying severity:

-puddles can be destroyed by attacks
-Eddie recovers slower if killed; recharge pauses during anime cutscenes
-something about a limit on YRC time for BtL
-summoning from puddles uses some of Eddie's meter

Eddie's command throw and super both buffed; will probably still be rarely/never used.  Increased untech time on the throw might be useful if only to go from one corner to the other with Executor; stall for Eddie meter and whatnot.  Increased damage if used when Eddie has more meter is pointless since it eats up all his meter and Zato isn't really known for his damage without Eddie.  Buffing the shark super is pointless because Zato has better things to do with his meter, and why extend a combo when you can reset proration with an unblockable? :V  Unless it allows Eddie to recharge while it's going on, it's pretty worthless.

I'm going to be disappointed if they leave his unblockable loops untouched.  That shit needs to go.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 03:04:36 AM by Ryd »

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: February 04, 2015, 07:52:24 PM »
The grenade change doesn't surprise me all that much. It was probably the one thing that needed to be changed more than anything. If the opponent can actually hit the grenade, I wonder how it affects the trajectory and whatnot. Only projectiles will trigger the explosion so regular attacks sound like they affect it differently. It would be funny if you could pick it up and throw it back like in FPSs. :-X f.S going down a level means that f.S > 2H might not work on crouchers unless the f.S is a counter hit. Increased proration on Bridal obviously means less damaging followups and combos all-around. No change to her 2H yet? It cranks the RISC meter like crazy, so... :| Doesn't sound like her options for corner pressure were hit too hard so chances are she'll still have a good corner game.

I was reading some of the initial Ky changes earlier on in the day and none of them sounded too impressive. What had me worried, is that there's a rumor about reversal timing being even larger and Blitz Shield causing Rejected state vs. projectiles. I must say if that really is the case, Ky's oki options would be COMPLETELY screwed and he'd be destined to be even worse than his XX incarnation. Hell, you can already us BS against his 6H. But supposedly rejected state vs. a BS'd projectile only works at range 0 (throw range) so his 2D > CSE still works.

Known changes so far:
Stunedge 90% prorate and longer YRC window
Stun Dipper 90% Prorate
Split Ciel level 2 (old3) to level 4 (old5)
Sacred Edge start up changed to 4+3 from 5+3
5H stagger state on counter hit
2H initial proration of 90
6H 2nd hit lasts 1F->2F, recovery 3F->2F, RISC guage 10->20
throw, RISC decrease 6/8 -> 6
air buffed stunedge, dmg 33->43, stagger on counter
otg RTL, blow back farther on hit

I think the most significant changes in the list are bolded. 6H getting another active frame and slightly less recovery is good. The air stun edge getting more damage and causing stagger on CH? That sounds kinda crazy, almost getting to Slash levels of stun edge I wanna say, but I dunno. As long as it isn't level 5 it should be ok. 5H should have caused stagger state on CH from the beginning because that's EXACTLY what it did back in #R. So why it was missing in the first place is beyond me. Larger YRC window on SE is good because it's annoying how stupidly tight the timing was.

But yeah, there's probably more changes all-around for the game and obviously that doesn't necessarily mean the known changes are final but we'll have to wait and see. Some characters really got hit hard like Ram.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: February 04, 2015, 09:48:30 PM »
The shield change seems to have been specifically targeted at I-No's vCL oki, though Millia appears to be taking collateral damage.  Zato should be mostly fine.  Unblockables might be affected, but it's pretty much the same the same as correctly reading high>low right now and shielding properly, and nobody does that; better to backdash YRC FD than gamble meter and risk getting hit anyway.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: February 06, 2015, 12:54:59 AM »
Found the matches for the team tourney that I mentioned a couple posts ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HzzjMIWVxM

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: February 07, 2015, 11:58:00 AM »
Anything happening later tonight? I know there's a UAT session happening today but I might not be getting there until much later due to prior commitments.