hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: AZ - Welcome to DESERT COAST.  (Read 363240 times)

Offline milesokeefe

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 50
    • View Profile
Re: AZ - Welcome to DESERT COAST.
« Reply #350 on: December 28, 2007, 07:36:21 AM »
How can you beat me 24-3 and put yourself below me on a rankings list? HOW? :V

Judging from the epic 40-0 ass whipping Lokanos gave me a few weeks ago, I should obviously be in the running for 4th.

Offline Jaxx

• Old Dirty Bastard on the Microphone
  • NIGGA NERO BITCH!
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Huaaaaaaaaaaaa bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 01, 2008, 10:05:41 PM »
good games this weekend, Jaxx wil be back next this friday for some more.
Back in full FX, again.  Getting back into practice, well, that's another thing all together.

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 34
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #352 on: January 01, 2008, 11:23:50 PM »
I've placed Jaxx as 3rd based on supposed accounts that he went about 16 - 12 over Lokanas.  Let's see some challenges goin' on, folks.  Let's make a good showing at WT10... if we can all get the days off.

ARIZONA MELTY RANKINGS

1. Choco
2. Q-Chu
3. Jaxx
4. Lokanas
5. Glide
6. Mailorder
7. Shashin
8. Milesokeefe

updated, challenge from 1/5/07
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 10:06:31 PM by Mailorder »

Offline milesokeefe

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 02, 2008, 06:52:38 AM »
 ::)

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
hurf durf
« Reply #354 on: January 03, 2008, 01:47:18 AM »
::)
Quoted for truthiness.

Choco, check your mail, it's kind of important.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • How about some Ether Drive to the face!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 04, 2008, 03:30:04 AM »
I will be there today, and I'm going to be challenging some people! =D

Dan, you're one of them, only because I know you'll beat me. I want you up there. You deserve it.

I can't wait till tonight. I dunno why, but since last weekend, I've been getting Melty Hype. >_> Don't kill me, please.
"Mmmm............ dead chicks."
             -Anonymous- (you know who you are)

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #356 on: January 04, 2008, 03:48:27 AM »
You can only challenge people above you

but obviously, you can just like... play for fun

I'll be challengin' ya today, Shashin

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #357 on: January 06, 2008, 12:41:01 AM »
good games this weekend... I saw John's Miyako going 50/50 to Shashin's Aoko before I left for work?   shoot, I need to play him before he goes back to Alaska.

Jo, keep playing that Hisui!  if you feel you aren't getting better, save your replays and watch them.  what you need to work on becomes obvious when you are viewing your game from the 3rd person.

Offline milesokeefe

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 08, 2008, 04:45:29 AM »
BTW:

Mailorder beat Shashin 5-4
Shashin beat me 5-3

Gonna x-copy those Aoko techniques! mwahaha

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #359 on: January 08, 2008, 10:13:02 PM »
Pretty sure it was 5 - 3 with Ted.  Of course, he matched me to 5 - 5 either way, but it was first to five and he was at 3.

pressure, man!  it's pressure.  Ted keeps me blocking and throws in overheads that I fail to read.  honestly, it's where I'm lacking as well.  I don't have pressure.  once I lay down the block strings, I gotta toss in my fuzzy guard setups and b-whip.  so yep.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008, 10:14:35 PM by Mailorder »

Offline Jaxx

• NIGGA NERO BITCH!
  • Huaaaaaaaaaaaa bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: January 09, 2008, 09:01:11 PM »
choco i have the days of for fr11, I don't have the days off for the toast, however...I will find a way, I'm getting plane tix today, and I also have your loot.

Edit:I take that back, I was looking at the schedual wrong, I do have the days off for the toast, and I don't have your loot  :V
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 09:25:49 PM by Jaxx »
Back in full FX, again.  Getting back into practice, well, that's another thing all together.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 09, 2008, 10:07:36 PM »
After what the people from Texas did to all of you a couple of weeks ago, personal rankings is the last thing I would be worried about.

As for why I'm not down there, somehow I decided it was a good idea to become an insomniac. So now I get about 2 hours of sleep a night, if that. Ugh.

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline Jaxx

• NIGGA NERO BITCH!
  • Huaaaaaaaaaaaa bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 10, 2008, 12:04:34 AM »
yawn...the len player was excellent.  Both were pretty good.  Well the len player handed me my ass pretty thoroughly(bad match up), the akiha player was good too, I matched him pretty well.  Only problem was I had played 15 matches in a row before i played him, my hands died.  Personally rankings don't really matter, its about what you can do when the money is on the line.  I gotta find weaknesses in bad match ups, thats my problem.

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #363 on: January 10, 2008, 01:03:15 AM »
After what the people from Texas did to all of you a couple of weeks ago, personal rankings is the last thing I would be worried about.

As for why I'm not down there, somehow I decided it was a good idea to become an insomniac. So now I get about 2 hours of sleep a night, if that. Ugh.

there was no surprise that multi and xianoir rocked everyone except choco.  no one in AZ is 50/50 to choco and it's because there's not enough hype to motivate people to practice enough to do so.  the whole point of the rankings is to create hype.  I personally think I'm better than Jaxx, so when I beat him and rank higher, it'll motivate him to practice more to retake his rank.  in effect, I'll practice more.  and the cycle continues.  and we'll match choco and then finally improve the skill of the AZMB scene.

and if you end up beating me, I guarantee that I will practice more.  look forward to playin ya ; )

Personally rankings don't really matter, its about what you can do when the money is on the line.

agreed.  rankings are for hype.

Offline milesokeefe

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 10, 2008, 05:23:56 AM »
I'm of the "whatever works" school of philosophy.

Mailorder's plan is keeping him motivated, and I'm not sure if it's responsible for Shashin's sudden uptick in motivation, but Shashin's Aoko has improved dramatically these past two weeks.

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • How about some Ether Drive to the face!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 10, 2008, 08:43:03 AM »
I got motivated for some uknown reason, and just kept going. My increase in competence comes from Zar personally helping me in IRC. That, and watching videos. I'm learnin' all the time! =D

New block strings learned, and setups. Showed them to Dan. Hope to threaten you all with some more Aoko goodness.

"Aoko is too good!"
"Mmmm............ dead chicks."

Offline Jaxx

• NIGGA NERO BITCH!
  • Huaaaaaaaaaaaa bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 10, 2008, 08:50:24 PM »
in any case, I'll be playing, I don't really know for how long this weekend.  Wobbles is back in town and I'm gonna be Smashin it up with Joe for a while

Besides, Brandino's shit talking got me hype to play this game again

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 10, 2008, 11:00:25 PM »
Man, I so want to take Brandino down now, same as you. Can't let him take another win. Might even have to bet bux.

Oh yeah, first post has been updated. Mailorder, I'd like to update it with your ranking list, so help me out with this later, mmkay?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 12:47:19 PM by Choco »

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 14, 2008, 08:59:11 AM »
Now as an added bonus, you fucks in AZ will get to meet my only friend.

They say that friends help you move; real friends help you move bodies. What about someone who has less of an issue helping you move bodies than helping you move?

Q-chu, get back at me if you really were serious about becoming butt bu^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hroommates.

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline ikeTATARI

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • Sometimes, you only need 1 word.
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 14, 2008, 09:59:46 AM »
good games this weekend... I saw John's Miyako going 50/50 to Shashin's Aoko before I left for work?   shoot, I need to play him before he goes back to Alaska.

Yeah, I -was- going 50/50 with Ted until he started punishing my dodge roll and changing his blockstrings. DAMN IT TED.

AOKO IS TOO GOOD! D=

I got motivated for some uknown reason, and just kept going. My increase in competence comes from Zar personally helping me in IRC. That, and watching videos. I'm learnin' all the time! =D

Maybe you got hype cuz I kept going "PLAY MB WITH ME!" :P And then I was like god, Ted, aren't you done playing MB yet? We've played, like, 50 matches.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 10:03:30 AM by IkemotoTATARI »

Offline milesokeefe

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 14, 2008, 10:31:26 AM »
dear god we're going to need a bigger house

Offline ikeTATARI

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Sometimes, you only need 1 word.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 14, 2008, 10:37:19 AM »
you can just pack us in like sardines!

Offline Multi

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 14, 2008, 03:43:56 PM »
yawn...the len player was excellent.  Both were pretty good.  Well the len player handed me my ass pretty thoroughly(bad match up), the akiha player was good too, I matched him pretty well.  Only problem was I had played 15 matches in a row before i played him, my hands died.  Personally rankings don't really matter, its about what you can do when the money is on the line.  I gotta find weaknesses in bad match ups, thats my problem.

umm.. thanks for the ovations but jaxx, you only won 1 single match out of like 9 or 10 before we quit.  You also only played 10 matches before you played me, I kept a mental log of the matches we had in AZ. 

Also, adding that the len matchup is bad is a little cheeky considering I mentioned it before you and Xian played and you emphasized how you've "NEVER had ANY problem with ANY Len player", and when i asked you about bell you were like "he's awright." 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 03:49:11 PM by Multi »

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #373 on: January 14, 2008, 06:26:51 PM »
I guess Jaxx is being called out.  unfortunately, I'm going to have to agree with Multi.  and I've already indirectly done so earlier:

there was no surprise that multi and xianoir rocked everyone except choco.  no one in AZ is 50/50 to choco

The issue at hand is that Dipstick called out all of AZ (except Choco) for being slaughtered by Multi and Xianoir, when there is no shame to losing to them.  They are exceptional players - and they're being grossly underestimated.  this is where Jaxx should have just been like... "well, they were good!  ten bux says they woulda owned u harder lol"

I'm glad they stopped by.  they killed me hard, but it got me back into MB.  gave me faith in improving my game.  hate to say it, but sometimes Choco isn't the most fun to have a losing streak to (I still love him, though).  The Texans had a good attitude.  they analyzed what I was doing wrong and they'd change their playstyle to help me clean up my obvious errors - without any of the condescending talk.  and they're asian.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 06:30:10 PM by Mailorder »

Offline Greyvangelist

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
  • drive bitch im in my zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 14, 2008, 09:20:31 PM »
I guess Jaxx is being called out.  unfortunately, I'm going to have to agree with Multi.  and I've already indirectly done so earlier:

there was no surprise that multi and xianoir rocked everyone except choco.  no one in AZ is 50/50 to choco

The issue at hand is that Dipstick called out all of AZ (except Choco) for being slaughtered by Multi and Xianoir, when there is no shame to losing to them.  They are exceptional players - and they're being grossly underestimated.  this is where Jaxx should have just been like... "well, they were good!  ten bux says they woulda owned u harder lol"

I'm glad they stopped by.  they killed me hard, but it got me back into MB.  gave me faith in improving my game.  hate to say it, but sometimes Choco isn't the most fun to have a losing streak to (I still love him, though).  The Texans had a good attitude.  they analyzed what I was doing wrong and they'd change their playstyle to help me clean up my obvious errors - without any of the condescending talk.  and they're asian.

Also, Multi has nice legs.