hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: AZ - Welcome to DESERT COAST.  (Read 366852 times)

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
Re: AZ - Welcome to DESERT COAST.
« Reply #1050 on: July 16, 2010, 11:02:21 PM »
Greetings from Mexico. There's a certain brand name of bottled water here at a gift shop that I thought was kinda funny. I'll take a picture of it. I guess I could list the players I fought against at Evo:

bye - if you can't beat this guy, you have no business competing in a tournament.
Garu - Oh joy! My very first match is against the stronger of the 2 JP players. Needless to say you can kinda figure out how this went.
MissedFRC - used C-Warc. Won this match pretty convincingly.
Kro - I was told this guy was good at BB and that he played MB like way long time ago, but I took this without any effort. So I was kinda shocked. Played F-Akiha.
hdphnz - Old school Sacchin player from back in the MBAC PC days. Took this one pretty convincingly.
lvl.0 - Ries > Kouma. That's all that really needs to be said.
Zaelar - Alright, this one was a bit of a struggle believe it or not. I refused to play C-Ciel mirrors so I decided to go with my H-Ries. Now the thing is I played very conservatively. I took both matches but they both went to the final round with both of us having less than 20% life remaining.
Sam - How do me vs Sam matches typically unfold? You should know. But even then, he got the very first round of the set so I was kinda on edge because of it. Didn't help that we played like 30+ casuals before pools started. :|
Silent Shinobi - A really solid H-Arc player. Luckily the matchup isn't something I haven't seen before. He was pretty unfamiliar with the H-Ries matchup so I was able to use that to my advantage. I think I lost the 2nd round of the 1st match but don't remember all the specifics.
Snozz/Nandeyanen - see Burnt Toast 2 (?)

The rest of my matches were in top 8. I won't spoil them, so if you really want, you can find them on youtube, or you can check justintv because someone archived it. I don't have the link off the top of my head unfortunately but the justintv link is probably the best quality.

Overall, I can say that I was pretty satisfied with my end ranking in the tourney. I was in pool 4, and while it was neither pool 1 nor 2, it had its share of solid players. Playing H-Ries, a fairly underused character, came in real handy during the tourney since since I used her from lvl.0 onward (except top 8). This was also my very first major MB tourney. I missed both NEC, and FR, so when Evo came up, I pretty much had to give it my all. Everything I had done up until that point was dedicated specifically to Evo. It's the one tourney I didn't want to miss.

But now that Evo's over, I have no immediate goals to work for as far as MB is concerned. I suppose there's NEC but I'm not sure if I can go to that. But since Evo just finished, I've decided to take it easy in MB for a little while, maybe pick up some side characters and have some casual fun with the game. As of this moment, I'm thinking about H-Ciel (wtf? is this character even real?), H-W.Len, and C-V.Sion. Don't hold me to that list though, it might change. But like I said I'm going casual for a bit. :psyduck:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 12:14:27 AM by IM A STEALTH CLOWN »
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Dintrao

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Momiji All Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: July 16, 2010, 11:19:30 PM »

But now that Evo's over, I have no immediate goals to work for as far as MB is concerned. I suppose there's NEC but I'm not sure if I can go to that. But since Evo just finished, I've decided to take it easy in MB for a little while, maybe pick up some side characters and have some casual fun with the game. As of this moment, I'm thinking about H-Ciel (wtf? is this character even real?), H-W.Len, and C-V.Sion. Don't hold me to that list though, it might change. But like I said I'm going casual for a bit. :psyduck:

Pool 4, first match against Garu. Sounds familiar and I think I saw you since I was in pool 4 too but I don't know everyone's faces lol but I do remember him having a Kohaku stick if I remember right.

Either way nice job using H-Ries, I was really surprised to see one at evo. Yay for underused characters  :toot:

Btw, H-W.Len I find to be the only playable moon of hers for me. Her dash on the other moons just mindfucks me for whatever reason  :slowpoke:

[4c 2c 623b] x ∞

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: July 16, 2010, 11:46:43 PM »

Pool 4, first match against Garu. Sounds familiar and I think I saw you since I was in pool 4 too but I don't know everyone's faces lol but I do remember him having a Kohaku stick if I remember right.

Either way nice job using H-Ries, I was really surprised to see one at evo. Yay for underused characters  :toot:

Btw, H-W.Len I find to be the only playable moon of hers for me. Her dash on the other moons just mindfucks me for whatever reason  :slowpoke:
Just a correction, Komidol was the player with the Kohaku stick. I believe he fought Garu in the very first round of the tourney.

Also, I edited my last post and added Sam. How could I forget him? :slowpoke:

Offline Dintrao

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Momiji All Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 16, 2010, 11:52:20 PM »

Just a correction, Komidol was the player with the Kohaku stick. I believe he fought Garu in the very first round of the tourney.

Ah ok then I was right when I said Komidol in the shoutout thread  :toot:

I got confused due to you being in the same pool and playing against Garu and all that. :/
[4c 2c 623b] x ∞

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 17, 2010, 12:00:38 AM »

Sam said something about raping your face the first round...then you gave him a look of pure murder and proceeded to beat the everlasting shit out of him  :V  Or something.
:prinny:

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • How about some Ether Drive to the face!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: July 17, 2010, 01:07:16 AM »
That sounds accurate. I'm kind of upset at myself for not going with. It sounded like you all had a lot of fun.

Also, John has learned some ridiculous setups with H-Len that I think Carlos would enjoy. I mean, they're scary.
"Mmmm............ dead chicks."
             -Anonymous- (you know who you are)

Offline Dintrao

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Momiji All Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 17, 2010, 01:41:57 AM »
That sounds accurate. I'm kind of upset at myself for not going with. It sounded like you all had a lot of fun.

Also, John has learned some ridiculous setups with H-Len that I think Carlos would enjoy. I mean, they're scary.

Yay for more Len tools

Edit: I use the toot emote way too much x.x
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 03:27:03 AM by Dintrao »
[4c 2c 623b] x ∞

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: July 17, 2010, 06:44:45 AM »
I will blow my fucking brains out if I ever punish 236A ever again. Good shit there HF.
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 17, 2010, 09:13:28 PM »
I will blow my fucking brains out if I ever punish 236A ever again. Good shit there HF.
lol thanks

And Ted, did I mention how much I LOVED AH3? :| I was practically obsessed, almost lost focus on finals day.

I'm leaving Mexico tomorrow, and here's that bottled water I was talking about earlier:

Apparently it's a product of Coca-Cola. When I went into the store, I was the only customer there at the time and the cashier was looking at me with this funny expression. On my way out, I said I was just testing my new camera. She didn't say anything and I doubt she believed me, but oh well. lol

Offline Dintrao

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Momiji All Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: July 17, 2010, 09:21:24 PM »
Oh wow, does that classify as Curry water?  :V
[4c 2c 623b] x ∞

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: July 19, 2010, 05:07:20 PM »
Ciel water is delicious. You should set that as your AV.

Offline ikeTATARI

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • Sometimes, you only need 1 word.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: July 19, 2010, 09:56:04 PM »

Yay for more Len tools

Edit: I use the toot emote way too much x.x

HLEN DITTOS MIRITE?

No just kidding. Len has some silly tools off of her throws (she has a midscreen throw combo?) and her TK236A (same damage as her BnB but throws them basically into the corner from everywhere except the other corner). TK236A is my new god.

Offline Rubyiris

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 20, 2010, 01:08:19 AM »
I like how people who haven't even met me have requested that I not be allowed to come up to Melty House whenever Ted and Ike plan on going. Alienation at its fucking finest.

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 20, 2010, 01:33:54 AM »
I've heard that, too, but it's up to Ted and/or John is they want to take you with. I'm not going to ban anyone without meeting them first.

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 20, 2010, 08:34:16 PM »
We're working on it. xD

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: July 20, 2010, 08:59:13 PM »
Damn, sounds like some serious stuff went down.

Also Ted, dunno if you saw my post on dustloop, but AH3 confirmed for PS3/360! And the port is being done by none other than ArcSys!

Offline ikeTATARI

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: July 20, 2010, 11:22:42 PM »
I like how people who haven't even met me have requested that I not be allowed to come up to Melty House whenever Ted and Ike plan on going. Alienation at its fucking finest.

It's because they heard that you ragequit/paused in the middle of my combo and told me that shit isn't gonna fly at melty haus. Just don't do it anymore and it won't be a problem. =D

EDIT: Also, Ted read the above post above my head and literally like, orgasmed and was like YES THAT MEANS IT'S GOING TO BE GOOD. Fantastic.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: July 21, 2010, 12:09:20 AM »
Ah a ragequit issue? That's not too bad. I mean, even I have ragequit before. I didn't take it out on the other player though, I just yelled at the tv and told the game to screw off. lol

As for the AH3 port, looks like it's coming out this winter. I suppose we can all put a little more faith into this port knowing that ArcSys is behind it. ArcSys is the best in the business when it comes to making training mode for 2D fighters and they make sure that the Rematch option bypasses the VS screen and loads the same match instantly. The worst they have done was the original JP release of Accent Core, but even that was fixed in due time. Since this is going to be released on next-gen consoles, that means fixes can be applied via patches.

Offline Synthesis

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: July 21, 2010, 02:45:35 AM »
I'm so very excited about AH3! Is everyone else getting hype for it? Because if you aren't, you deserve to be shot.

Offline ikeTATARI

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: July 21, 2010, 11:08:24 AM »
Enough about AH3, let's talk about how I finally learned some execution on this game some 4 years after I started playing it. :P

JK I'M GETTING HYPE FOR AH3 DON'T KILL ME D=

Offline Dintrao

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Momiji All Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: July 21, 2010, 03:39:10 PM »
Enough about AH3, let's talk about how I finally learned some execution on this game some 4 years after I started playing it. :P

JK I'M GETTING HYPE FOR AH3 DON'T KILL ME D=

TK236a is godlike, H-Len is <3 even though I mainly play F-Len for those doritos!

Arcana Heart 3 = Hype off the charts  :prinny: :prinny: :prinny:

I didn't know AH3 was being done by ArcSys, my friend just said it was announced and I've basically exploding with happiness all day  :V
[4c 2c 623b] x ∞

Offline ikeTATARI

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: July 22, 2010, 10:21:30 PM »
Anything going down at melty haus this weekend? Me and Ted wanna see about showing up.

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: July 22, 2010, 10:24:34 PM »
Usual hosting starting @ 6 PM pm Saturday but arrangements can be made if people need to come by earlier. Let me know if you need to know anything else

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: July 22, 2010, 11:31:16 PM »
lol Ted caused quite a stir over at dustloop over AH3 but it was a simple misunderstanding.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 02:14:39 PM by IM A STEALTH CLOWN »

Offline ikeTATARI

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: July 23, 2010, 09:40:47 AM »
Usual hosting starting @ 6 PM pm Saturday but arrangements can be made if people need to come by earlier. Let me know if you need to know anything else

Would we be able to stay Saturday night and leave Sunday morning? That's really all I needed to know, we were hoping that you guys were doin' stuff Saturday as opposed to tonight anyways, we just won't have any way to get home cause our ride doesn't wanna just hang out in Phoenix until whenever we're done playing MB.