When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: NECX: The Melty Bus  (Read 9649 times)

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
NECX: The Melty Bus
« on: November 18, 2009, 12:10:57 PM »
Ok so heres the deal.

https://www.boltbus.com/wherewetravel.aspx

I would like to know what time everyone who can go on Friday, so tickets can be bought AT LEAST A WEEK BEFOREHAND. The early purchase would give everyone guaranteed seats and a head count for the hotel rooms.

PLEASE POST UP ASAP. I HAVE OTHER SHIT TO TAKE CARE OF AND I'D LIKE TO MAKE THIS AS SIMPLE AS POSSIBLE.

Cool?  :teach:
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
Re: NECX: The Melty Bus
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 12:18:35 PM »
Thanks, Fox. I have classes on Friday up until about 5pm. Then to get back home then to the city would definitely take a couple of hrs. so...

Zar
Day: Friday (12/4)
Time avail: In Chinatown, NYC by 7pm
Place:
(I need more info on this pls)

If Xaq holds a shindig the wk before NEC that you can make I can give you the $ for the tix (I'll wait to see who else can make this day/time). We also need to know who's going to pick us up when we arrive in PA and what other modes of transportation will be used from there on. Not to sound paranoid but...I'm paranoid.
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 09:53:27 AM »
I have no classes on Friday, and want to get there a bit earlier, so... I'mma take the 2:30 PM bus. (With Zero in tow)
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 01:03:38 PM »
I would cut but yo, it's a 4hr class and if I miss notes I'm DONE lol. Curse everyone that's getting there well before me. Someone needs to leave late too so I don't suffer alone.
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline nightroad

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 02:11:08 PM »
lol zar me and you are in the same boat. But my class ends at 5pm. What time are you planning to catch the bus?

Offline Kirah

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • {Secret Society Chancellor }
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 03:38:34 PM »
I'll be on that late bus with you guys. *Thumbs up.*

Offline Spidey

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 26
  • No homo
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 04:37:44 PM »
Were going to all be liqured up by the time you guys get there  :V

Hal will probably have already locked himself in the bathroom!
Soko Darou

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2009, 04:50:40 PM »
I will probably also be on the late bus (depending on what time/day my flight lands or who I stay with while in NY)
what the fuck is this game

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2009, 09:31:05 PM »
I'd like to leave earlier in the day.

Still trying to get off from work because my boss is a complete fucking douche bag.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2009, 03:37:40 AM »
I prefer an earlier time, 2:30 sounds good to me.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2009, 08:28:36 AM »
lol zar me and you are in the same boat. But my class ends at 5pm. What time are you planning to catch the bus?
Any time nearest to 7pm but not before 6:45pm cus that may be cutting it close to a time I can't make. I hope either you or Kirah have a phone cus I don't and we will definitely need to make contact with the important people that will not get us lost in the city of brotherly rape.

Question guys:

Ok, so the departure site is obviously going to be

Depart: New York Between Grand & Watts

But there are two arrival sites for PA:

Philadelphia - Cherry Hill Mall

&

Philadelphia 30th between Market & Chestnut

Which are 'we' headed to  :mystery:? Also, who is reliable enough to pick us up ON TIME when people show up. Finally, after arriving in PA, what other modes of transportation will be needed to NEC and how much?

Need details, people!

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2009, 09:50:49 AM »
@ Zar: I asked this on IRC yesterday, and Hal said to go to 30th between Market and Chestnut. The other destination is quite a ways away from the hotel, it seems.

@ Zaelar: Zero and I will be boarding the 2:30 bus at the 34th and 8th by Tick Tock stop, if you care to join us.
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline rithli

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
    • View Profile
    • chloe4am
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2009, 03:47:04 PM »
I'm going to join the 7pm-ish/late crew on Friday.
I need to take care of some things in the morning and through the afternoon, but after that I am free so I can meet up with that group and catch the same bus.

So.. to the late crew:
Please post when/where we are meeting + which tickets/hours we are purchasing once your schedules are consolidated.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 03:54:20 PM by rithli »

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2009, 12:54:23 AM »
I need to take care of some things in the morning and through the afternoon, but after that I am free so I can meet up with that group and catch the same bus.

So.. to the late crew:
Please post when/where we are meeting + which tickets/hours we are purchasing once your schedules are consolidated.
=o  You're going to make it after all?

Oh, disregard that.  I just read the NEC thread.  Awesome news!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 12:58:41 AM by LoliSauce »
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline sibladeko

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
    • FUTAE NO KIWAMI AAAAAAAAAAH!!!
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2009, 05:13:20 AM »
Ok with either time really, I'll flip a coin in a bit.
"It's like Marvel with all Cables!"
-jwong on IaMP

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 06:27:14 AM »
Ok with either time really, I'll flip a coin in a bit.
Godlike

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2009, 11:10:52 AM »
Cherry Hill stop is in NJ, please don't make that mistake
215-218-8244

Offline Phae

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 03:07:14 PM »
I work from 6:30 to 2 on Friday, I will be taking a 3 PM fob bus to Philly.

My plans will be run from work to the Chase on the corner, cash my check, and then get on a bus to Philly.

If you're down for this adventure instead of Boltbus or whatever, just meet me at CF on Friday. I'm pretty much without a computer. Or message Hyperhal and have him message me with questions of whatever, he's got my number.

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2009, 03:17:07 PM »
FOB BUS
what the fuck is this game

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2009, 06:39:37 AM »
Fuck, haven't been checking the thread

I work from 6:30 to 2 on Friday, I will be taking a 3 PM fob bus to Philly.

My plans will be run from work to the Chase on the corner, cash my check, and then get on a bus to Philly.

If you're down for this adventure instead of Boltbus or whatever, just meet me at CF on Friday. I'm pretty much without a computer. Or message Hyperhal and have him message me with questions of whatever, he's got my number.
Wait, so fob bus =/= boltbus? Which is cheaper? Will the fob bus put me relatively close to the Market&Chestnut stop?

Cherry Hill stop is in NJ, please don't make that mistake
Will you be picking ppl up from this area? Hell, will anyone be picking up the out-of-towners on arrival to PA?

So.. to the late crew:
As I said earlier, I'm good for meeting at 6:30-7pm Fri (Dec 4). Just need to get more details right now. I'm confoosed  :psyduck:

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2009, 06:49:31 AM »
Fob bus stop puts you closer to NEC, Boltbus will put you off next to the regional rail which you could take to the airport, but thats about $7 one-way and you'd have to wait for the shuttle to the hotel. They are both the same price, its just that Boltbus needs to be reserved in advance and if you miss your time, you aren't guaranteed a spot in any of the next buses(not to add that you dont know when the next bus will come lol)

So both $20 roundtrip, Boltbus you pay for online and commit to your time, free wifi. Fob bus, you walk up to the bus and get on whichever one comes first, buses arrive every 30 mins, if you miss your bus it doesnt matter because the tickets arent confined to a certain time(you just use it whenever you feel like getting on a bus)

Have $3 for transportation once you get into philly
215-218-8244

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2009, 07:52:51 AM »
Ok considering Hal's post, it makes more sense to just take the fob bus. So whoever wants to meet to do so call/pm each other.

I'm probably going to end up driving there anyway.  :V

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2009, 07:56:54 AM »
Fob bus stop puts you closer to NEC, Boltbus will put you off next to the regional rail which you could take to the airport, but thats about $7 one-way and you'd have to wait for the shuttle to the hotel.
So how close are we talking? Would I still need to board subway/rail/bus/whatever if I took the fob bus?

So both $20 roundtrip
Actually, the site just said $12 for Bolt. It was 10 at one point but it seems the prices jump around depending on time of the mth. Fob bus looks good/solid right now.

Fob bus, you walk up to the bus and get on whichever one comes first, buses arrive every 30 mins, if you miss your bus it doesnt matter because the tickets arent confined to a certain time(you just use it whenever you feel like getting on a bus)
The fob buses go to only one location in Philly? I don't want to worry about getting on the 'wrong bus' to PA. If you have any specific details (like exact stop, name of other transportation used once in philly) lemme know.

Thanks Hal

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2009, 08:53:32 AM »
After getting off the fob bus, its like a small train ride, then a small bus ride. Both are probably 10-15minutes total for the entire ride and its pretty simple since the train ride is the last stop, and the bus ride is easy to find out where you should be getting off. When you see the bus cross a bridge, the next stop is the hotel lol

Theres only one stop for philly fob bus, and don't worry I'll make sure you guys get instructions if I can't be there to help out
215-218-8244

Offline Phae

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2009, 08:29:56 PM »
mbread's mobile layout is confusing.. :(

anyway, boltbus issue is you HAVE TO BE ON TIME, and hal has said it is not a big deal for us to take the fob bus and get to the hotel from there.

If you've got boltbus tickets on the cheap already stick with that if not find out when a caravan of players are fobbing.

I know Akuma and myself plan on a 3pm depart.