hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: NorPor: KJAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!  (Read 603183 times)

Offline Sarsapari

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
Re: NorPor: KJAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2075 on: July 16, 2010, 08:38:38 AM »
♥Is his sister going to be home♥

Offline Tsubasa☆

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • 2πr(θ/360)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: July 16, 2010, 08:51:50 AM »
I might be up for it.
-Tsubasa

Offline breadbread

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: July 16, 2010, 05:04:26 PM »
♥Is his sister going to be home♥

ALL SIGNS POINT TO YES

Hey Brett, what time tomorrow?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 07:40:33 PM by Ritoblade »
All stoic girls are so cool.  All except those who can see magical lines and cracks because they're high.

Offline Lenftw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • AKA TaoFTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: July 17, 2010, 12:21:31 AM »
I'll need feedback for this.  Long story short, do you want MB scene to stay alive or die?  I was impressed with the MB scene at EVO, so it's up to you to decide the destiny.

Okay guys.  So after talking things over with Coopa, here's the deal with the minor tournament.  First things first, are we staying with, 'NorCal INSTALL' or do you want to change the name to, 'HitConfirm!'  Considering all the venue hopping we've been doing, I - personally - would choose the latter.

The mission statement for our, future, tournaments is this, "HitConfirm/NorCal INSTALL seeks to expose the new generation of FGers to the classics while building stronger social networks within the Fighting Game community."

I just came up with that off the top of my head, but feel free to argue differently or edit accordingly.  Here's the situation with our tournaments and how it will look like in the future.  Do you care enough about the game you play to showcase it to other people?  Do you want to play other - good - classic titles in a competitive setting?  And if you feel like you want to help redirect some of the SSF4 hype train to other titles, then are you willing to step up your game to show it?

If you said, 'Yes,' then I suggest you start helping this minor get off it's ass and into high gear.  And here's how you can help:

- First, and foremost, show up!  We're looking at the first weekend of August at BERKELEY!
- Bring your setup; this can range anywhere to streaming setups to bringing consoles/TVs.
- Be a TO (tournament organizer); you can help run tournament brackets, seeding, and managing the games on the roster.
- Advertise; spread the word.  Hype begins with you and only when YOU prevent forest blazing combos.
- Help us find VENUES!  Hit confirm as many as you can!
- Coopa suggests MMs...like A3r vs. DODGEMONKEY.

So what's on the roster?  For starters, we're putting in BBCS, GGAC, and MBAA.  T6 is out of the picture, but what we're going to do is let the community decide on which game they want to 'HIT CONFIRM!'  This means, 'if we put a fourth game on the lineup, then the FG community will vote for their game like they did for EVO.'  We will be putting these tournaments either semi-annually or quarterly.  Either way, the minor will consist of those three games.

Look forward to a hype end-of-the-summer.
"He, who knows, does not speak.  He, who speaks, does not know."

Offline Dintrao

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Momiji All Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: July 17, 2010, 12:27:29 AM »
I'll need feedback for this.  Long story short, do you want MB scene to stay alive or die?  I was impressed with the MB scene at EVO, so it's up to you to decide the destiny.

Oh hey, didn't know Rin was on Melty Bred  :slowpoke:

Either way, I'll try and make it to help or at the very least show up and represent, glad to see some progress going :toot:
[4c 2c 623b] x ∞

Offline Lenftw

• Spellcaster
  • AKA TaoFTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: July 17, 2010, 12:39:46 AM »

Oh hey, didn't know Rin was on Melty Bred  :slowpoke:

Either way, I'll try and make it to help or at the very least show up and represent, glad to see some progress going :toot:

Rin doesn't post on MB.  O.o

Offline Dintrao

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Momiji All Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: July 17, 2010, 12:48:31 AM »

Oh hey, didn't know Rin was on Melty Bred  :slowpoke:

Rin doesn't post on MB.  O.o

:slowpoke:

2 things.

1. I spelled Bread wrong :l
2. I got you two confused, sorry Len/May/TaoFTW w/e you want to be called
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 03:56:11 AM by Dintrao »
[4c 2c 623b] x ∞

Offline Sarsapari

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: July 17, 2010, 03:07:21 AM »
:blah:

tl;dr

I read the first three lines of this faggot egotistical shit and I've heard enough.  It might be nice that you can talk to everyone on that other forum with implied threats and a condescending tone of voice, but you might be on the wrong forum for that.

Your vision of what fighting games might be skewed because of your furry weeaboo stalker getting on his knees and giving you head all the time, and calling that "playing fighting games".  But most people that play fighting games care about their game and their respective people, and that's it.  Nobody cares about your greater ambitions to turn yourself into some kind of figurehead.

Even if you were to do that.  I'd hate to break it to you but you don't have nearly the charisma to do what it takes.  The fact that you came in here halfway pleading, mostly desparate, and sounding fully conceited and without a goddamn clue about what to do should be a good indication that you are not even close to being an excuse for a leader.

Maybe when you get a spine and a personality you might be able to do what you want to.

Good luck with Berkeley btw.

TL;DR VERSION - FUCK OUTTA HERE
« Last Edit: July 17, 2010, 03:16:36 AM by Sarsapari »

Offline DJcream

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: July 17, 2010, 11:40:28 AM »
As someone who regularly attends the NorCal Install tourneys, I'd like to thank TaoFTW for taking the inniative since January for setting up tournaments for games that get considerably less play. I've begun to notice that it's difficult to find non-SSF4 tournaments in NorCal so anyone who's trying to gather Guilty Gear and especially Melty is a massive risk for failure.

However, what NorCal Install has taught me is that the community is too strong to fail. Shit, I've been traveling out of Stockton to attend these tourneys even though I've been going 0-2 every month. Up until now, I've had opinions on the venue hopping every other month. Some of them good, some of them bad. But at the end of the day, I appreciate attending tournaments for games no one else would throw.

As for the Berkeley tourney, I'm hype. Typically EVO drains everyone's fighting spirit, but it seems like all the Melty players up here are energized after EVO weekend. I don't get to travel out to the weekly casuals, so minor's like these gives me the outlet to unleash what i've learned in a months time.

tl;dr = Haters are goin' to hate. Personally, I appreciate what you're doing and I'll be there at Berkeley.
MBAACC1.07: C-Wlen (main), H-Hisui, C/H-Sacchin
BBCSex: Carl (main), Makoto
Gundam VS ex: God Gundam

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: July 17, 2010, 08:09:38 PM »
Tearing each other limb from limb is a great way to keep up a community.
what the fuck is this game

Offline Dintrao

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Momiji All Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: July 17, 2010, 08:19:21 PM »
Tearing each other limb from limb is a great way to keep up a community.

I was angry yesterday morning and fine today so I just deleted my old post since I don't want to get involved.

Support/Indifference ftw :prinny:
[4c 2c 623b] x ∞

Offline breadbread

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: July 17, 2010, 10:47:59 PM »
I also appreciate what Tao is doing.  I agree that there could be better planning but that's kinda hard with limited resources.  I've tried to help a bit but didn't get very far.  Community should help each other out instead of bashing each other.

Okay, I gave my 2 cents.  RUMBLE FISH AT NEXT MINOR? YES/NO?
All stoic girls are so cool.  All except those who can see magical lines and cracks because they're high.

Offline Dintrao

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Momiji All Day
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: July 17, 2010, 10:51:32 PM »
I also appreciate what Tao is doing.  I agree that there could be better planning but that's kinda hard with limited resources.  I've tried to help a bit but didn't get very far.  Community should help each other out instead of bashing each other.

Okay, I gave my 2 cents.  RUMBLE FISH AT NEXT MINOR? YES/NO?

I don't mind helping now that I'm not pissed due to sleep deprivation  :slowpoke:

I'll see what I can do to help, let us know if you get a venue secured or any other updates Tao

Edit: What the hell is Rumble Fish o.O
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 03:15:45 AM by Dintrao »
[4c 2c 623b] x ∞

Offline Tone

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • ain't no god in the sky, it's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: July 18, 2010, 10:28:02 AM »
 :psyduck:

Gonna just ignore the hate to say that as per usual, ill bring setup+ps2 to 8/7 minor. See ya there, folks.
da  only mb player in north bay, get hype!

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: July 18, 2010, 02:14:21 PM »

Help us find VENUES!  Hit confirm as many as you can!

There's this one LAN place in Berkeley called Eudemonia that might work. It's like a few blocks from the downtown Berkeley BART station, so it's fairly accessible. Not sure how much they'd charge for venue fee though. Their website is just eudemonia.net and contact info should be up on there.

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: July 18, 2010, 02:30:24 PM »

Help us find VENUES!  Hit confirm as many as you can!

There's this one LAN place in Berkeley called Eudemonia that might work. It's like a few blocks from the downtown Berkeley BART station, so it's fairly accessible. Not sure how much they'd charge for venue fee though. Their website is just eudemonia.net and contact info should be up on there.
iirc they're already going over that option on dustloop
thundering waterfalls

Offline Spidey

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 26
  • No homo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: July 19, 2010, 06:32:41 PM »
Pretty sure I am going to go, maybe with some other socal. Please let me know when this is all official so I can either prep to get plane tix or get a vehicle to drive up. I will either be staying with JeffM or if people want to get a room at a close hotel we can mash all weekend in the room after the tourney. Either way is fine with me.

Depending on my mode of transportation I may or may not be able to bring a set up.
Soko Darou

Offline CT_Warrior

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: July 21, 2010, 10:07:53 PM »
Did the date of the minor get pushed back?

Offline breadbread

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: July 21, 2010, 10:15:37 PM »

Yeah, John said end of August now:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?8114-NorCal-INSTALL!-GGAC-MBAA-amp-T6-Ranbat-Season-6-6-5-2010/page77

Abstract wants to host again this sat.  Anybody interested?  David? Yuji? Alex... in spirit?  Ivan?

I have a Thomas and a William secured.  Need CRTs again!

If all else fails, I'll treat whoever goes to good San Mateo ramen!

*cough* *cough* *cough*

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: July 22, 2010, 02:35:07 AM »
i'm always there in spirit.

as long as you're using my ps2 that is.
thundering waterfalls

Offline FataCon

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: July 22, 2010, 09:08:45 AM »
ranbat late aug, early sept? looks like i won't be able to make it. bummer. guess that means i should try making it to as many sessions as possible.

Offline Lenftw

• Spellcaster
  • AKA TaoFTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: July 22, 2010, 09:27:13 PM »
So guys, I'd appreciate it if you decided to vote for when you'd like to be part of NorCal's BBCS/GGAC/MBAA Minor Tournament.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?9337-HitConfirm!-Northern-California-s-Minor-Tournament-(Poll)

Offline Sarsapari

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: July 23, 2010, 12:39:16 AM »

Yeah, John said end of August now:

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?8114-NorCal-INSTALL!-GGAC-MBAA-amp-T6-Ranbat-Season-6-6-5-2010/page77

Abstract wants to host again this sat.  Anybody interested?  David? Yuji? Alex... in spirit?  Ivan?

I have a Thomas and a William secured.  Need CRTs again!

If all else fails, I'll treat whoever goes to good San Mateo ramen!

*cough* *cough* *cough*

If Brett's house is too awkward to be around there's always my house.  I'm fine with either one people decide on though.

Offline breadbread

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: July 23, 2010, 08:51:11 AM »
Well, some of us are also going there for pool also and his place isn't that awkward <3

Offline Tsubasa☆

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • 2πr(θ/360)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: July 23, 2010, 10:50:17 AM »
I already told a friend I'd help him move on Sat, so I'm out until at least evening, maybe the entire day.

Also, for the record, Brett's place is a bit awkward. Definitely way more awkward than Jiang's place.
-Tsubasa