When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: North Carolina: Because the old thread was too old  (Read 75299 times)

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
Re: North Carolina: Because the old thread was too old
« Reply #150 on: June 15, 2010, 12:50:09 PM »
Takes me two weeks of continuous games to get bored of playing a player (Trust me, you can ask Kirah how many games we've played - yet we still go full game days.)

A rotation is nice if we can all get together for more game time, but if not we'll all see each other at the event anyway. 

I don't mind doing like ft100-ft200's though.  I just want to play.  It's true after 3-6 hours the autopiloting sets in and the mind gets tired if you're playing right, that's when you just need to take a 20 minute break and stop playing stupid.  The one benefit of a small rotation is you don't really have to stand up because other players are waiting to play, though.
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #151 on: June 17, 2010, 07:29:03 AM »

I don't mind doing like ft100-ft200's though.  I just want to play.  It's true after 3-6 hours the autopiloting sets in and the mind gets tired if you're playing right, that's when you just need to take a 20 minute break and stop playing stupid.  The one benefit of a small rotation is you don't really have to stand up because other players are waiting to play, though.

I start to auto-pilot after like a 6 consecutive matches with the same person so that's why I prefer a rotation over just playing the same person for so long. Thankfully next week we'll have enough people and setups so we won't have to worry about rotations or even if you want to play X person for as many matches you want considering I'm pretty sure that me and you are the only two people who are ONLY going to be playing MB there.

Oh and speaking of MB crack sessions what time are you flying into Vegas? I'm most likely going to hit up Spidey's room until Lolisauce gets off of work since I get in around 3:30 on the 7th and then I guess Myself and Kusanagi will be heading to his place.
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 17, 2010, 02:13:59 PM »

I start to auto-pilot after like a 6 consecutive matches with the same person so that's why I prefer a rotation over just playing the same person for so long. Thankfully next week we'll have enough people and setups so we won't have to worry about rotations or even if you want to play X person for as many matches you want considering I'm pretty sure that me and you are the only two people who are ONLY going to be playing MB there.

Oh and speaking of MB crack sessions what time are you flying into Vegas? I'm most likely going to hit up Spidey's room until Lolisauce gets off of work since I get in around 3:30 on the 7th and then I guess Myself and Kusanagi will be heading to his place.

It might of been possible but unfortunately the flight got changed to arrival late, late, thursday.  I think it won't even be arriving until 10-11pm on the 7th.  Lolisauce is going to pick up me and spooky, I think.  I don't think it'll work, based on what I know so far about the schedule.  But save some energy for after that.  Energy drinks, run it back until 3-4am no doubt.

Anyway, anyword from Frank?
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 18, 2010, 04:47:18 AM »
Can't do it. We're also not looking good for Evo as I'm the only person that wants to go right now. Brandon already has his plans, but getting 3 Melty players might not happen...or even 2, I'm not going by myself.

Kinda wack. We went from just me and Matt two years ago, a whole bunch of us last year, and this year 0? What happened to supporting Melty and being hype for Super?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 04:52:52 AM by PWS »

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2010, 07:19:34 AM »
Can't do it. We're also not looking good for Evo as I'm the only person that wants to go right now. Brandon already has his plans, but getting 3 Melty players might not happen...or even 2, I'm not going by myself.

I asked Lolisauce (the guy who's place I'm staying for the duration of EVO) if he has room for one more person. I just need to know when do you plan on getting in. So you may have free housing for the week  :toot: :mystery:

Kinda wack. We went from just me and Matt two years ago, a whole bunch of us last year, and this year 0? What happened to supporting Melty and being hype for Super?

Yeah, sort of sucks that no one is really going outside of us two thanks to bad planning/RL....but what can you do?
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2010, 09:56:14 AM »
D:

Brandino we need to get more people out, I don't want to play casuals/run training mode all night if you're only going to play for me like 20 minutes a piece.  
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 10:00:57 AM by こども »

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 18, 2010, 12:20:46 PM »
There is a light at the end of this tunnel.
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #157 on: June 18, 2010, 12:41:43 PM »
D:

Brandino we need to get more people out, I don't want to play casuals/run training mode all night if you're only going to play for me like 20 minutes a piece.  

You're talking about the Hotel gathering? I'm pretty sure the majority of NC will be there for that at least so you won't have to worry about grinding DAT TRAINING MODE all night. EVO is another question though.

Besides, it's not like I'll only play you for 20 minutes a piece...just saying that if you expect me to play ONE person for 5-6 hours at a time then lol.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 12:50:01 PM by Ciel Is The Love Of My Life »

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 18, 2010, 07:28:59 PM »
Games Games Games Games Games Games Games Games Games Games Games Games Games Games

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 18, 2010, 10:44:52 PM »

PWS, I can't house you, but there are other melty groups with a space or two open in their rooms, so you should go!  Talk to AntiShoto or Shin Masaki if you're interested.  I wanna get the chance to meet you man.  Stay hype, even if your regional meltybros aren't, and make it happen.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #160 on: June 19, 2010, 03:38:06 AM »
Games Games Games Games Games Games Games Games Games Games Games Games Games Games

I'm repeating this sentiment... on SRK and here.

Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games?

Actually if Brent is willing to hold something and if you're willing to make the drive.......that could work?

PWS, I can't house you, but there are other melty groups with a space or two open in their rooms, so you should go!  Talk to AntiShoto or Shin Masaki if you're interested.  I wanna get the chance to meet you man.  Stay hype, even if your regional meltybros aren't, and make it happen.

You know I completely forgot about AntiShoto and Shin. I thought both of their rooms were filled already.  :psyduck:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 03:56:54 AM by Ciel Is The Love Of My Life »

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 19, 2010, 09:43:15 AM »

Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games? Games?

Actually if Brent is willing to hold something and if you're willing to make the drive.......that could work?

PWS, I can't house you, but there are other melty groups with a space or two open in their rooms, so you should go!  Talk to AntiShoto or Shin Masaki if you're interested.  I wanna get the chance to meet you man.  Stay hype, even if your regional meltybros aren't, and make it happen.

You know I completely forgot about AntiShoto and Shin. I thought both of their rooms were filled already.  :psyduck:

God I'm so desperate for matches at this point.  Don't know if I can hold out the week for the meet this weekend  :psyduck:

Where am I driving to and when?  (Not tonight/father's day)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 09:46:54 AM by こども »

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #162 on: June 19, 2010, 09:45:49 AM »

God I'm so desperate for matches at this point.

Where am I driving to and when?  (Not tonight/father's day)

Well unless you're willing to drive to Raleigh(assuming Brent's willing to run something today)...and planning on leaving later on in the evening or tonight...you're screwed.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 19, 2010, 09:47:52 AM »
You can't do anything during the week?

Edit: Maybe I can make a drive today if I leave nowish.  Hit up IRC.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 09:53:18 AM by こども »

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #164 on: June 19, 2010, 11:14:04 AM »
You can't do anything during the week?

Edit: Maybe I can make a drive today if I leave nowish.  Hit up IRC.

I'm on IRC now.

I work during the week from 7:30-4:30. If you're hungry enough to the point where you're willing to drive to Goldsboro then I guess I can house you if only for a few hours.

Actually if you're game now I guess I can house you today for a few hours. Be warned...I live on base...in the dorms...they're VERY small. Whatever I'll just buy another chair or something.

I'll PM you my # if you're interested.

Edit: Exactly what part of NC you're coming from anyway?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 11:18:23 AM by Ciel Is The Love Of My Life »

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 19, 2010, 12:05:31 PM »
Alright all good, casuals are on.  Someoneelse come on out for a rotation~
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 12:08:31 PM by こども »

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #166 on: June 19, 2010, 12:41:24 PM »
Alright all good, casuals are on.  Someoneelse come on out for a rotation~

Yo, just make sure to bring your license, registration...all of that to make sure I can escort you onto the base.

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 19, 2010, 05:49:56 PM »
lol how'd that go? I'm at my parents' this weekend.

LoliSauce, thanks, I've already got a reservation though and I'll just keep that and go. It's my vacation, so may as well make the best of it. I'm also worried about not many Melty players showing after we managed to sweep that poll...need numbers!

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 20, 2010, 06:15:32 AM »
Its reported to be over 100 at this time. But that was around the time early bird discounts ended, could be more.
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #169 on: June 21, 2010, 05:10:50 PM »
Its reported to be over 100 at this time. But that was around the time early bird discounts ended, could be more.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

Hotel Gathering this week!

EVO being 2 weeks!

UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH It needs to be EVO already.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 23, 2010, 01:20:53 PM »
Yo anyone living in Raleigh area, the hotel gathering this friday doesn't really start until like 6-7pm.  I kinda wanted to get into town before rush hour and of course get as many games in as possible if I can stop at anyone's place like 2-3 hours beforehand and play.  I was thinking of leaving around 12pm, and it takes me 2-3 hours to get up there.  I'll have an MBAA setup with me. 
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 01:26:35 PM by Komidol »

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 23, 2010, 06:07:17 PM »
I'm getting off work at 4 and plan on being at the hotel no later than 5. Matt should be there too and I imagine few of us will be there that early, so you could certainly get some Melty in then.

Did I ever link the thread?

http://shoryuken.com/threads/240135-Hotel-gathering-Raleigh-NC-6-25-SSF4-MBAA-Tekken-others

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 24, 2010, 08:12:05 AM »
Just tell me the earliest I can get to the room since I'm going to be taking care of some business in Raleigh (I used to live there!) a bit beforehand, but it shouldn't last me to longer than 2-3pm.  

PM me a number I can reach you at PWS.  

Also, confirming my MBAA setup.  

ONE MORE DAY GET HYPE  :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 06, 2010, 05:18:00 AM »
Brandon, you already have a team for the 3v3? If not, we should team and get a third somewheres.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #174 on: July 06, 2010, 07:27:15 AM »
Brandon, you already have a team for the 3v3? If not, we should team and get a third somewheres.

Already got a team set up, but if for whatever reason it falls through then sure.