hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: North Carolina: Because the old thread was too old  (Read 75285 times)

Offline Surdan

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Re: North Carolina: Because the old thread was too old
« Reply #200 on: September 04, 2010, 08:30:25 PM »
Hm, hope I'm doing this right.

Hey folks, Raleigh player here looking for some competitive players willing to duke it out. Me and a few friends of mine play somewhat casually, but we're trying to rank up and looking for new folks to fight.

We were in the super silly AZ tourney, though I doubt it counts for much, me and my friend made it to the semi-finals. We were so set on fighting each other, it was a real shame T.T.

Anyway was hoping for some info on what the scene is like, really looking forward to playing with y'all.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #201 on: September 05, 2010, 05:59:44 AM »
We actually have a couple of players in Raleigh and more through out Eastern NC (Greenville, Goldsboro, Wilmington) who normally make it out to Raleigh whenever there's a gathering posted. I was also at AZ, but didn't end up playing in the tournament  (Yellow F-Ciel player) :V . If you guys are looking forward to leveling up then you've come to the right place then.
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #202 on: September 06, 2010, 09:46:58 AM »
Repeating what Brent and Sam said on SRK...games?
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 07, 2010, 05:05:14 AM »
Nope, no games. Just some dumb posts on SRK.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #204 on: September 07, 2010, 07:49:46 AM »
Nope, no games. Just some dumb posts on SRK.

Lol well today is a new day and Matt is hosting so I'll most likely head out there after work.

Also, lol at Ed running A3 and not MB.

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 07, 2010, 09:43:11 AM »
Dude, his post says Street Fighter Zero. As in, ALPHA ONE

Which means...terrible. The only reason he's doing that is to reel in those new guys that were talking about Alpha.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #206 on: September 07, 2010, 12:58:05 PM »
Dude, his post says Street Fighter Zero. As in, ALPHA ONE

Which means...terrible. The only reason he's doing that is to reel in those new guys that were talking about Alpha.

When I saw the post he had A3 listed. Granted that doesn't make it any less retarded. I know he doesn't like MB and all, but come on.

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 08, 2010, 10:38:11 AM »
Yeah, think he edited that after I posted.

I think Ed has a little more respect for the game now, apparently he plays it occasionally, but yeah...kinda sucks we didn't play it in Wilmington. They actually put CvS2 in (and nobody played it, Rick did training mode for like 10 minutes and then the setup just sat in training until they put GG on).

I would have played GG, but when I got my turn Matt and Blake both left the setup. Wtf, so much for playing that game.

I do like how Melty is second only to SF4 for entries at NEC though.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 10:53:23 AM by PWS »

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #208 on: September 08, 2010, 01:53:17 PM »
Yeah, think he edited that after I posted.

I think Ed has a little more respect for the game now, apparently he plays it occasionally, but yeah...kinda sucks we didn't play it in Wilmington. They actually put CvS2 in (and nobody played it, Rick did training mode for like 10 minutes and then the setup just sat in training until they put GG on).

I would have played GG, but when I got my turn Matt and Blake both left the setup. Wtf, so much for playing that game.

I do like how Melty is second only to SF4 for entries at NEC though.

Could've fooled me considering Demo was telling me he refers MB as "Mugen Bullshit"  :psyduck:

I think if I would've showed up to Wilmington there would've been some type of MB being played. Sounds like the only time I hear of MB getting played is when I'm actually there. Sort of sucks that Matt's gathering got cancelled due to Jimmy and James not going, thus, missing out on more MB but whatever.

With MB having the 2nd highest turn-out (on the pre-reg list) to SSF4 really isn't surprising considering NEC is the biggest MB tournament of the year and it also have EVO hype following behind it. I expect this to be the biggest MB tournament outside of EVO.

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 08, 2010, 04:23:21 PM »
Yes, but I was sort of expecting CS to surpass its numbers. I think it just has 19 or something right now. Kind of odd...I thought that game was more popular.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #210 on: September 08, 2010, 05:48:38 PM »
Yes, but I was sort of expecting CS to surpass its numbers. I think it just has 19 or something right now. Kind of odd...I thought that game was more popular.

It's only pre-regs so I wouldn't really think about it. A bunch of people will come out of the woodwork at the last minute. 

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 09, 2010, 10:30:40 AM »
...Mugen Bullshit huh.

I still don't get how this dude liked Arcana but not Melty.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #212 on: September 09, 2010, 01:21:54 PM »
...Mugen Bullshit huh.

I still don't get how this dude liked Arcana but not Melty.

Yeah that always made me go  :psyduck:

Anyways, any chance of you hosting for games tomorrow? I saw on DL Kris may be hosting a State gathering on Saturday, but the sooner the better.

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 10, 2010, 04:53:36 AM »
Nah I'm going to my parents' right after work.

Might want to check with them and make sure you're invited. Looks like they were trying to keep it to people they knew that read DL.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #214 on: October 02, 2010, 12:19:47 PM »
Back to the first page you.

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 03, 2010, 12:56:20 PM »
Y'all play any Melty in Wilmington?

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #216 on: October 03, 2010, 04:45:39 PM »
Y'all play any Melty in Wilmington?

For the most part it was mostly just Roski and Myself playing, but Austin did play for a little bit. Not a lot people showed up to this one TBH. Just Roski, his co-worker friend, Sam, and Austin. Angus played a few games before leaving for work and IIRC he showed back up after I left. Q's actually thinking of holding them on Friday's for now on to get a better turn out with the next one being on either Seasons Beatings weekend since the only people confirmed to go to that are Face and Blake or the week after.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #217 on: October 22, 2010, 01:33:53 PM »
NEC is coming up which is sad because I'm going to it and I'm not even hype for it.

I would not be surprised if NEC was my last major. Unless we get a SBO qualifier (lol).

Offline vZakat

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 03, 2010, 01:11:44 PM »
Hi everyone. I got into melty blood recently. I'm in the raleigh area. How often/active is everyone around here?

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #219 on: November 03, 2010, 03:01:18 PM »
Hi everyone. I got into melty blood recently. I'm in the raleigh area. How often/active is everyone around here?

Sorry, but you're a year too late. It's pretty much on life support with just about everyone either more interested in Super/BBCS or just lost interest in playing seriously.

Doesn't help that AH3 is coming out soon which will probably be that one game everyone gets hype for, actually play for a few months and then drop it till the new shit comes out.

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 04, 2010, 05:58:34 AM »
Me and a friend were just playing Melty on Tuesday in Raleigh.

I'm hosting a gathering this weekend for this game and others at my apartment. I'm just inside the beltline, exit 10 or 11.

221 Calibre Chase Drive, apt 106

I'll let you know which day people decide on, Friday or Saturday. Hope you can make it. There's also a tournament coming up next weekend in Greensboro for this game, Super, GG, etc. I would link you to the thread on that but SRK is down right now apparently.

You'll have to excuse Brandino, he's discouraged and bitter. The scene isn't what it was a year ago, but there's enough of us still playing to give you comp.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 06:05:53 AM by PWS »

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #221 on: November 04, 2010, 05:06:04 PM »
Me and a friend were just playing Melty on Tuesday in Raleigh.

I'm hosting a gathering this weekend for this game and others at my apartment. I'm just inside the beltline, exit 10 or 11.

221 Calibre Chase Drive, apt 106

I'll let you know which day people decide on, Friday or Saturday. Hope you can make it. There's also a tournament coming up next weekend in Greensboro for this game, Super, GG, etc. I would link you to the thread on that but SRK is down right now apparently.

You'll have to excuse Brandino, he's discouraged and bitter. The scene isn't what it was a year ago, but there's enough of us still playing to give you comp.

Could you honestly blame me? That's what happens when the majority of the gatherings you go to since EVO you end up being in training mode more so than actually playing people. Doesn't help that when I actually do get a chance to play against someone it's hardly worth the time I took traveling. I could count only think of 1 time I can actually say it was worth going to the Wilmington gatherings...all the other times it was either a 1 man rotation or I spent more time in training mode or BBCS/3rd Strike than anything else. Whatever, I already stated that MB being side game status in NC a couple months ago and if I keep going I'm just going to rant.  :emo:

So Brent, you know if any of the State guys are going or is just Blake, Austin, and myself?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 05:08:35 PM by Brandino »

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 05, 2010, 10:08:40 AM »
Sam and Jon should be there. Jimmy is a maybe. Kris hasn't posted.

Other guy: it starts tomorrow (Saturday) at 4 pm. Hope you can make it.

Offline vZakat

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 05, 2010, 09:00:04 PM »
It's not really looking like I'm gonna be able to make it unfortunately. I'll still be around and try to make the next one if I can. And y'all can just call me david since most people pronounce my tag wrong.

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 06, 2010, 08:28:41 AM »
Yeah, we use real names around here lol.