When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: North Carolina: Because the old thread was too old  (Read 75114 times)

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
Re: North Carolina: Because the old thread was too old
« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2010, 12:27:57 AM »
Man, wish you guys were playing at GameFrog today (yesterday), I need practice!! I remember one of you guys were there (Brandino I think? I'm going by the Ciel avatar. lol), but never set up the PS2  :(   

I'll probably be spending more time on this game anyway, since I think I'm done with Tekken after this past GameFrog tournament with like a total of 2 players...   :/   

We were at gamefrog (yesterday), but there was no CRTs so I had to endure the pain of playing Blazblue CT...... :emo: Instead we just ended up playing at State all night.
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline 7thfonon

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2010, 05:27:47 PM »
Damn, I shoulda went to State   :/   All I did at Gamefrog was play BlazBlue and watch people play SF4... And do practice mode in Tekken.... I coulda done that at home though... 

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2010, 06:35:30 PM »
Gamefrog has problems. Go to Lucky's.

Things beyond Edward's control prevent there being good fighting game tournaments (no CRTs, mixed consoles, curfew, him being kinda at the mercy of the management). At a casual level, it's okay, but you're still on shared time and space.

Offline roski

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2010, 10:13:33 AM »
Speaking of Lucky's...I'll have the thread up here on MB tonight.

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2010, 11:49:46 AM »
You mean the thread Brodino already posted?

Offline roski

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2010, 12:18:11 PM »
Woops. Uhh yes...that one. Thank you PWS.

It was a mystery but :mystery: no longer.

Offline 7thfonon

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2010, 03:01:51 PM »
Gamefrog has problems. Go to Lucky's.

Things beyond Edward's control prevent there being good fighting game tournaments (no CRTs, mixed consoles, curfew, him being kinda at the mercy of the management). At a casual level, it's okay, but you're still on shared time and space.

Yeah man, I'ma have to make it out to Lucky's. Gotta get a new alternator for my car after it died over the weekend, so I'm hoping my friend who lives by my school decides on going so I can hitch a ride.

edit : Like the new name Brandino. lol. 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 08:51:11 PM by 7thfonon »

Offline Narcowski

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2010, 05:45:58 AM »
I'm up in Boone, myself.  Sadly, I can't really play Melty except emulated (SwapMagic discs got stolen), but there are a few GG players up here.

Offline roski

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2010, 08:16:04 AM »
Come out to Lucky's man. One of the newer guys who came out was a PC MB player. Guilty Gear scene is sort of small but still strong out this way (and further East).

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2010, 12:25:06 PM »
Brandon your name meme is kinda wtf and there's a typo in your sig.

Roski, what were those combos you were telling me again? Something like, using an A after an overhead in the corner to set up a wallbounce loop.

What I was talking about, and this only works in the corner afaik:
(As optional) > 5B > 6B > 5C > 6C > link 214B > air combo (like, j.C to j.6C to relaunch etc). If you guard break somebody, that's what to go for in my o.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 12:26:44 PM by PWS »

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2010, 12:46:54 PM »

Roski, what were those combos you were telling me again? Something like, using an A after an overhead in the corner to set up a wallbounce loop.

(As optional) > 5B > 6B > 5C > 6C > link 214B > air combo (like, j.C to j.6C to relaunch etc). If you guard break somebody, that's what to go for in my o.

The name is a inside joke and same for the sig...hell I didn't even know there was a typo lol.

Constructive edit:

EZ mode Ries Combo IIRC... blah blah groundstring > 2C>214A(?) > J.[C] > J.C> J.6C> *land* J.A>J.C>J.C>AT
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 12:58:30 PM by Ciel Is The Love Of My Life »
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 14, 2010, 10:51:39 AM »
I don't see how 214A to charged j.C is possible? Otherwise I found what Roski was talking about I believe. Anyways, who plays Melty and IS going to Evo?

Offline roski

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2010, 06:19:20 AM »
Brent...it's been a while...but...

-in most any ground combo in the open, you can add in 6B for additional damage.
-i think in most all combo situations, 2A 5A 5B 6B 5C xx initiative heat xx 5B 5C xx arc drive works as well

-in the corner, combo into the 2C xx 214A, juggle with 5A (5B works too iirc) and then jump cancel jA j6C land jC j6C etc

It's been a bit but I think that's it. I'm pretty sure there's a way to wall bounce twice and then get the jC djC airthrow.

Random:
-2B clashes a lot; cancel into DP
-you can airdash cancel her jA
-you don't usually use normal jump 6C for corner pressure but you can get people stuck in the corner with this bitch
-against some (?) characters in some situations, you can hop over them while grounded for mixup
-mix uncharged 214A (whiff)/6C (charged or uncharged)/charged (or early released) 214B at the end of your strings. shit like this keeps people on their toes and you can hit them grounded when they're trying to jump away. do the string and the ender and see how far away you are. shit like string into 214A whiff immediately 5B 5C and see what happened. If you need to get closer to pressure better, end it with 6C or something - if it hit, end with Cello.

Don't know how much of this is *right* but it was starting to work for me.

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2010, 06:48:21 AM »
I already do/know most of that, but thanks. 6B is good in combos so long as it's a sweep > 214A, since long gatling > 5C to 214A whiffs. Stringing her normals together in combos has odd timing...seems like sometimes I hold 6B just a few frames or something and it doesn't come out immediately because of that or something. It's not like I DON'T KNOW about the move existing or being used in strings or that basic 214A whiff stuff, that's mostly how I was hitting Austin at the gathering, he'd try to swing after that and I got him with 5B or whatever. I think I tried that on you and got a V Akiha 5C in the face. How fast is that move?

Clash DP is cool yeah. I've gotten lucky recently and just had the 2B hit people and got air combos, woo.

The thing I was really curious about was that two wall bounce thing. I know it's possible, think I did it to Aaron with a random combo at Lucky's (you remember what that was, Brandon? lol). Seems like that shit was almost midscreen...might have been an odd CH situation.

Offline roski

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 15, 2010, 07:30:27 AM »
I'm pretty sure you can do it cornered, starting on the ground. Just forgot the specifics.

Long chain to 214A whiffs, yeah, that's the point sometimes...but long chain to 236A will rarely whiff in my experience, and if you can get more, more bar, and then charge/pressure time, why not?

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 15, 2010, 08:07:09 AM »
Long chain to 214A whiffs, yeah, that's the point sometimes...but long chain to 236A will rarely whiff in my experience, and if you can get more, more bar, and then charge/pressure time, why not?

236A after like A, B, 6B, 5C will whiff I'm pretty sure. 236C -always- hits. I got it after a 2A counterhit at Lucky's, lol. I was like wow.

Offline roski

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 15, 2010, 09:08:56 AM »
Practice it BRENT!

I'm fairly certain that it works from further away than you think. But then yes that C move where she flashes and shoots is good too.

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 15, 2010, 09:37:24 AM »
I need to practice practicing, cause I can't seem to get the practice of practice down.

Offline roski

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 15, 2010, 10:55:24 AM »
Are you ready?

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2010, 12:13:44 PM »
nope

Offline roski

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 15, 2010, 12:21:54 PM »
[move][move][move][move] :mystery:[/move][/move][/move][/move]

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 15, 2010, 01:21:15 PM »
 :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #72 on: April 15, 2010, 04:05:22 PM »

The name is a inside joke and same for the sig...hell I didn't even know there was a typo lol.

Constructive edit:

EZ mode Ries Combo IIRC... blah blah groundstring > 2C>214A(?) > J.[C] > J.C> J.6C> *land* J.A>J.C>J.C>AT

Change 214A to 214B and the combo is legit.

H-V.Akiha's J.C is 10 frames...:V

H-V.Sion's J.C is 6 frames...her J.A is 6 frames :V :V :V :V :V :V :V

Any games in state this weekend?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 04:25:52 PM by Ciel Is The Love Of My Life »

Offline 7thfonon

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2010, 09:49:14 PM »

lmao

By the way, what do you guys think of White Len? I've looked at her forum real quick... people don't seem be fans of W Len to say the least.   :/
But basically I started trying out White Len since I've used Akiha since Act Cadenza on the computer anyway...  So far C-White Len looks like a funny character.  Illusion dashes, a 22 D that turns her into a cat, and a command grab where she just dashes up and slaps the opponent. lol... I'm mad I didn't start using this character before though. She's fun as hell.

Only thing that is driving me crazy is that when I'm at medium range, my C attacks will sometimes whiff after I combo with my B attacks.  But still, she's pretty awesome.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2010, 03:23:58 AM »

lmao

By the way, what do you guys think of White Len? I've looked at her forum real quick... people don't seem be fans of W Len to say the least.   :/
But basically I started trying out White Len since I've used Akiha since Act Cadenza on the computer anyway...  So far C-White Len looks like a funny character.  Illusion dashes, a 22 D that turns her into a cat, and a command grab where she just dashes up and slaps the opponent. lol... I'm mad I didn't start using this character before though. She's fun as hell.

Only thing that is driving me crazy is that when I'm at medium range, my C attacks will sometimes whiff after I combo with my B attacks.  But still, she's pretty awesome.

Look up XAQshinor matches on YT and you'll find out that bitch is dumb. Only problem is that her damage is low compared to the rest of the cast, but with the mixup game she has it really doesn't even matter.

Edit: Looks like there isn't going to be any games at state this weekend...:(...Brent? :)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 03:30:07 AM by Ciel Is The Love Of My Life »