When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: North Carolina: Because the old thread was too old  (Read 75661 times)

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
Re: North Carolina: Because the old thread was too old
« Reply #100 on: May 21, 2010, 10:17:00 AM »
That would be helpful. It shouldn't be too hard to find people to split with. You just need a strong exterior to get the money from them, right ALAX?

Hopefully we could get something in walking distance. Even if I end up staying at my apartment one or both nights, I'd chip in for that so people have a place to stay.

However, if it's just like...you and me, then I think it'd make more sense if you just stayed at my apartment for free and that way I'd have a ride to/from. I'd be cool with up to three/four people doing that, actually, and the closest hotels to the con are sold out anyway.

We can talk about it tonight. It's such a pain in the ass getting things like this together since A) people don't want people they don't trust in their shit, B) nobody has any money and C) everybody procrastinates until like two days before something happens.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2010, 12:26:00 PM by PWS »

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 21, 2010, 11:58:53 AM »
I should also note that the gathering probably won't start until me and Blake get back from eating, which would probably be 7 or so.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #102 on: May 21, 2010, 12:32:00 PM »
I can imagine Me, You, possibly Kris and one other person splitting a room, but yeah we can talk more about it tonight.
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 21, 2010, 01:03:49 PM »
Blake told me today that Kris was planning on getting a room. It would have been...him, Blake, some "anime friend" of Kris'.

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 25, 2010, 06:42:22 AM »
Brandon, let me make sure I got our plans straight...

You want to get your badge early, right? Does that mean you're staying with me Thursday night? I'm probably not picking mine up early, the prereg line usually isn't very bad and there's not a whole lot to do on Thursday anyway.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #105 on: May 25, 2010, 07:50:50 AM »
Brandon, let me make sure I got our plans straight...

You want to get your badge early, right? Does that mean you're staying with me Thursday night? I'm probably not picking mine up early, the prereg line usually isn't very bad and there's not a whole lot to do on Thursday anyway.

If that's alright with you I'd rather do that. Pick up my badge Thursday afternoon and head to your place afterwards. We can leave for the con on Friday whenever we're both ready.
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 25, 2010, 08:54:42 AM »
I guess that works, but I'll be working Friday so...you might want to go ahead and do some stuff on Friday, then pick me up about 6:30/7.

They put up the schedule recently. Don't miss the goth loli tea party.

http://www.animazement.org/images/stories/PocketGuide2010View.pdf

Oh, and this is Tony's game schedule. Keep in mind, they usually have to run console games on LCDs since that's what they get:

Fri:
5pm - Brawl, part 1*
8pm - MBAA
10pm - Tekken 6
10pm - Rock Band

Sat:
5pm - Brawl, part 2*
8pm - TvC
10pm - SSF IV

Arcade:
Magical Drop 3, Fri - 4
Samurai Shodown 2, Fri - 6
Windjammers, Sat - 4
Change Air Blade, Sat - 6

Muchi Muchi Pork - high score, Friday
Mushihime-sama Futari (BL) - high score, Saturday

Retro:
Donkey Kong (NES) High Score Challenge, noon- midnight (daily)
Burgertime (arcade) High Score Challenge, noon - midnight (daily)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 09:03:27 AM by PWS »

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #107 on: May 25, 2010, 12:50:33 PM »
I guess that works, but I'll be working Friday so...you might want to go ahead and do some stuff on Friday, then pick me up about 6:30/7.

They put up the schedule recently. Don't miss the goth loli tea party.

http://www.animazement.org/images/stories/PocketGuide2010View.pdf

Oh, and this is Tony's game schedule. Keep in mind, they usually have to run console games on LCDs since that's what they get:

Fri:
5pm - Brawl, part 1*
8pm - MBAA
10pm - Tekken 6
10pm - Rock Band

Sat:
5pm - Brawl, part 2*
8pm - TvC
10pm - SSF IV

Arcade:
Magical Drop 3, Fri - 4
Samurai Shodown 2, Fri - 6
Windjammers, Sat - 4
Change Air Blade, Sat - 6

Muchi Muchi Pork - high score, Friday
Mushihime-sama Futari (BL) - high score, Saturday

Retro:
Donkey Kong (NES) High Score Challenge, noon- midnight (daily)
Burgertime (arcade) High Score Challenge, noon - midnight (daily)

Am I picking you up from your place or your job and eww.....MBAA on LCD.... :emo:

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 25, 2010, 08:33:24 PM »
Maybe he can get a few CRTs...but it's not looking too promising since Melty is the only PS2 game :/ ...could use CRTs for the Wii games too, I guess.

From my apartment. I can get a ride home from work just fine, then I'll get my stuff together and be ready to go.

The tournaments are free in every sense of the word, he usually gives out the most random prizes ever. Jon got a used t-shirt one year. I got some kind of...Dreamcast vibrator for Rez and a tiny plush skunk, like a Happy Meal toy or something. lol. But nah, NC game room is best anime con game room in the country. We gots them Japanese cabs.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2010, 10:47:09 PM »
Yeah I was there last year and it was mostly LCDs for casuals and stuff although I do remember SF4 getting CRTs so we may be lucky.

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 26, 2010, 10:48:15 AM »
Really now? Alex must have thrown a fit lulz. I left before SF4 got started cause I had out of state visitors. Wonder who all the Super anime scrubs will be playing...

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #111 on: May 26, 2010, 01:04:31 PM »
Really now? Alex must have thrown a fit lulz. I left before SF4 got started cause I had out of state visitors. Wonder who all the Super anime scrubs will be playing...

I'm more interested in who are all the MB/BB anime scrubs will be playing and will we see Blitzkampf again this year :V

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 26, 2010, 04:39:38 PM »
If Aaron shows up, there's no limit to the manner of poverty you might see.

His laptop is so poverty it gets checks from the government.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #113 on: June 01, 2010, 05:31:42 PM »
If Aaron shows up, there's no limit to the manner of poverty you might see.

His laptop is so poverty it gets checks from the government.

OK I lol'd

So I read on DL that you're holding a session on saturday? I'll most likely be going, if you don't mind, since I really have no plans on going to the Gamefrog tournament.

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2010, 12:29:30 PM »
I'm thinking about changing to Friday for the people that do want to hit Gamefrog and so I'm not in direct competition with Ed. Like the guy or not, I don't want to hurt a tournament.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2010, 12:43:50 PM »
I'm thinking about changing to Friday for the people that do want to hit Gamefrog and so I'm not in direct competition with Ed. Like the guy or not, I don't want to hurt a tournament.

Fine with me. Plan on starting in the evening? Only reason why I don't plan on going to Gamefrog this Saturday is because I'm poor.

off topic: More people need to post here and start planning for EVO since it's only a month away...and I'm not talking about housing issues. We haven't really had a crack session where EVERYONE was in attendance since Final Round. Ideally what I'd want to do is just say fuck a weekend and take a road trip to NYC, get a hotel room and invite NYC/NJ MB scene for a crack session to prepare for EVO, but odds of that happening are not likely. We really need to do something to help ourselves prepare for EVO. I know everyone is on the SSF4 train still and with their randomly being interest in Touhou (lol) and VS...which I don't mind, but I really don't want to take my focus off EVO and MB. It'd be awesome if we could just get one more crack session at like Lucky's or something. Not even a tournament like usual, but just 3 MB setups and just straight casuals. I know for a fact that we have high level quality players and the ONLY thing that's holding us back is out of state comp, but I also feel as though we can still level up if we have a crack session sometime before EVO.

Yeah, random seeing this knowing my sudden interest in VS, but I really want us to be 100% for EVO this year.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 01:00:14 PM by Ciel Is The Love Of My Life »

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2010, 01:32:59 PM »
You should post that on SRK then. I -think- Matt at least reads this forum, but as far as posting, it's me and you.

Console scene, woo.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2010, 01:36:59 PM »
I'll actually be in Jacksonville later this month, so if you guys want one weekend in Raleigh (I was thinking 25th-26th), I can do that.

Can't really do Durham/Greensboro since I'm out by the shoreline, because that would bring my drive over 3 hours.  If we can all meet in Raleigh and maybe go pig out at a stir fry or something aftwerwards, I'm down for that one weekend.  It'd be nice to meet the NC crew.  

I'm not keen to reading through the whole thread, so if anyone has a place for me to stay at for that time, that'd be awesome.  Preferably free of any bugs (specifically Roaches, I know that's a problem around this area even in the most pristine homes, not trying to say anything about anyone, though), I'm just extremely dis-comfortable around them (I'd rather park my ass at a motel for the night, as expensive as that would be).  I can bring a setup, even.  

It'd be great to see you guys since I had financial problems when Final Round came to pass.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 01:48:18 PM by Komidol »
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• the troll that slays gods
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 91
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2010, 02:25:06 PM »
I'll actually be in Jacksonville later this month, so if you guys want one weekend in Raleigh (I was thinking 25th-26th), I can do that.

Can't really do Durham/Greensboro since I'm out by the shoreline, because that would bring my drive over 3 hours. If we can all meet in Raleigh and maybe go pig out at a stir fry or something aftwerwards, I'm down for that one weekend. It'd be nice to meet the NC crew. 

I'm not keen to reading through the whole thread, so if anyone has a place for me to stay at for that time, that'd be awesome. Preferably free of any bugs (specifically Roaches, I know that's a problem around this area even in the most pristine homes, not trying to say anything about anyone, though), I'm just extremely dis-comfortable around them (I'd rather park my ass at a motel for the night, as expensive as that would be). I can bring a setup, even. 

It'd be great to see you guys since I had financial problems when Final Round came to pass.

You're welcome to come, Komidol, but I wouldn't drive out of state to get bodied in a small event. 
<fubarduck> hey bell good shit beating kusoru in melty
<fubarduck> he was like "i lost to a long haired asian"
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #119 on: June 02, 2010, 02:27:40 PM »

Can't really do Durham/Greensboro since I'm out by the shoreline, because that would bring my drive over 3 hours.  If we can all meet in Raleigh and maybe go pig out at a stir fry or something aftwerwards, I'm down for that one weekend.  It'd be nice to meet the NC crew.  

I'm not keen to reading through the whole thread, so if anyone has a place for me to stay at for that time, that'd be awesome.  Preferably free of any bugs (specifically Roaches, I know that's a problem around this area even in the most pristine homes, not trying to say anything about anyone, though), I'm just extremely dis-comfortable around them (I'd rather park my ass at a motel for the night, as expensive as that would be).  I can bring a setup, even.  

Funny you bring that idea up because we usually meet up at Raleigh and pig out at Bali Hai (mongolian/stir fry) joint anyway. Only problem now with school being out is that our usual meet up, NCSU, is out. Lately, PWS has been holding gatherings and I he usually doesn't mind hosting gatherings. Also, we only do Greensboro for the Lucky's tournaments and we hardly ever do Durham outside of Gamefrog...and even then EVERYTHING is LCD.

Actually....25th-26...hotel gathering...Raleigh? Thoughts?

Edit: Just saw Bell's comment....DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSSS

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 02, 2010, 04:59:10 PM »
Hotel gathering solves a lot of issues...we get that Evo session we need, Komidol gets to play/meet everybody, and I don't think there's anything else going on at the time. I'll see what's good on SRK for the date.

At the very least, we can definitely play at my place. Hoping we can get 15-ish dudes at the Residence in Raleigh though. Hype get.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 02, 2010, 06:08:22 PM »
Red Roof Inn should work...usually their rates run 65$ a night for a nice single room.  Round robin for the bed?  Runner up gets under the desk.  

The only thing that sucks about a motel is being out 12pm the next day.  Maybe we can run two nights?  130$ Between even 6 people is only 20ish$ per person.  

Edit: Also, Eternal Fighter Zero is a must...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 06:33:50 PM by Komidol »
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #122 on: June 03, 2010, 08:32:50 AM »
Red Roof Inn should work...usually their rates run 65$ a night for a nice single room.  Round robin for the bed?  Runner up gets under the desk.  

The only thing that sucks about a motel is being out 12pm the next day.  Maybe we can run two nights?  130$ Between even 6 people is only 20ish$ per person.  

Edit: Also, Eternal Fighter Zero is a must...

We already got plans for a 2-story Suite at the Marriot. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/rdurb-residence-inn-raleigh-midtown/ so I doubt anyone will have to fight for a spot in the bed lol....and no EFZ...only Poverty allowed is Party Breakers.

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 03, 2010, 08:52:52 AM »
Yeah. The whole idea behind getting a hotel is so we have enough room to play, a place to sleep, and less worry about cleaning up after everybody. A Red Roof-ish motel room wouldn't be much different than my own apartment.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 03, 2010, 09:41:39 AM »
Yeah. The whole idea behind getting a hotel is so we have enough room to play, a place to sleep, and less worry about cleaning up after everybody. A Red Roof-ish motel room wouldn't be much different than my own apartment.

Yeah, I'll let you guys find a place to call and reserve, since I'm a couple hours out.  The sooner everything gets done, the better.  If it's the 25th/26th, than I have no problem.  I don't think you pay until you get there, so we can just split based on how many people stay.