hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: North Carolina: Because the old thread was too old  (Read 75127 times)

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
Re: North Carolina: Because the old thread was too old
« Reply #125 on: June 03, 2010, 10:06:08 AM »
Oh yeah and I'm debating a hotel party for my 21st B-Day in two months...most likely in the same place. I want it to be around the 13-15th of August so we can get some MB games in and PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! If this even brings out a couple out of state players (  :V  ) then that'd also be hype.
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 03, 2010, 11:57:03 AM »
Komidol: We've done this a few times before and yeah, that's how it goes. Everybody that shows up pays $X at the door, whatever extra we take in goes to food. This particular location is good for several reasons. We'll take care of the details and setups etc, as we were going to do this sometime this summer anyway, so it all works out.

Brandon: lol sounds fun.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 12:15:18 PM by PWS »

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #127 on: June 03, 2010, 01:07:23 PM »
Komidol: We've done this a few times before and yeah, that's how it goes. Everybody that shows up pays $X at the door, whatever extra we take in goes to food. This particular location is good for several reasons. We'll take care of the details and setups etc, as we were going to do this sometime this summer anyway, so it all works out.

The only thing that's stopping me from doing this is the fact that I may not be able to take leave off for that weekend thanks for me already using up my leave time for EVO. I may be able to get around that by asking people who are flying out of state ( :V ) to fly in later (around 7-8 PM) and in the worst case scenario...they may have to take a cab from RDU. Or I can reserve the hotel for the 14th and 15th.

Yo Brent do you know if they do shuttles to and from the RDU airport? If so I'll just have out of state people who are flying ( :V ) people take that.

Roski style
http://www.meltybread.com/forums/tournaments-and-events/(interest-check)-brandino's-21st-b-day-bash-august-13th-15th-raleigh-nc/
http://www.meltybread.com/forums/tournaments-and-events/(interest-check)-brandino's-21st-b-day-bash-august-13th-15th-raleigh-nc/
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 01:19:54 PM by Ciel Is The Love Of My Life »
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 03, 2010, 01:51:02 PM »
There's a bus that runs from the airport to a regional bus station at RTP, which connects to a bus that takes you to downtown Raleigh, at which point you can get on a Raleigh city bus to wherever in Raleigh you want to go.

Instead of all that, I imagine that somebody could just pick them up. If not you, somebody with a car. If there's someone that goes through the effort of flying in to play, I think the least we could do is get them from the airport.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #129 on: June 03, 2010, 01:54:16 PM »
There's a bus that runs from the airport to a regional bus station at RTP, which connects to a bus that takes you to downtown Raleigh, at which point you can get on a Raleigh city bus to wherever in Raleigh you want to go.

Instead of all that, I imagine that somebody could just pick them up. If not you, somebody with a car. If there's someone that goes through the effort of flying in to play, I think the least we could do is get them from the airport.

Yeah I understand that and I was planning on driving myself to pick up a couple of people, but I still didn't want to make 4 - 5 trips back and forth to the airport.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #130 on: June 03, 2010, 02:35:54 PM »

Alright I'll leave it to you guys then.  I'm usually the one setting things up so I just went into organize-mode. 

I'll trust it to you guys, just give me the place and time when you have it (preferably before the 20th).
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #131 on: June 04, 2010, 07:33:50 AM »

Alright I'll leave it to you guys then.  I'm usually the one setting things up so I just went into organize-mode. 

I'll trust it to you guys, just give me the place and time when you have it (preferably before the 20th).

I remember you setting up a stream for one of your casual sessions back in October/November...you planning on streaming here too?

Speaking of sessions, yo Brent what time you starting today?

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 04, 2010, 07:44:00 AM »

I remember you setting up a stream for one of your casual sessions back in October/November...you planning on streaming here too?

Speaking of sessions, yo Brent what time you starting today?

My capture card broke, but I have my mixer, mic, and all the cables still (probably).   I'd need a laptop with a capture card and internet connection to set that up, but between the room, the gas up there, and Evo - I won't have any extra cash for that any time soon.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 04, 2010, 08:31:59 AM »
Several of the student guys have laptops, and I'm pretty sure at least one has a capture card. If you guys really want to do that, I'm sure we could set it up.

Probably about 7, Brandon. I usually say that and people get here later, sometimes Jon shows up to gatherings at like 11:30. I have to get up for something on Saturday though, so I'm not staying up later than 12:30.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 04, 2010, 08:53:41 AM »
Might not be the greatest idea to show off all your stuff right before Evo, but I'll bring my stuff if you guys really, really, want to. 

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2010, 12:43:59 PM »
Might not be the greatest idea to show off all your stuff right before Evo, but I'll bring my stuff if you guys really, really, want to. 

Doesn't stop Team Sp00ky from streaming every week.  :V

Brent: See you at 7-7:30 then.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #136 on: June 09, 2010, 02:46:44 PM »
What in gods name happened to the NC thread on SRK....

Anyways, do we have any sort of idea on who's going to this hotel gathering and what exactly do we need to bring as far as setups goes. I'm pretty much 100% there unless some random act of god prevents me on going...but are we in need of setups or anything like that?

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2010, 03:11:12 PM »
I posted up on DL about that. I think we're covered on setups. If anything, maybe your PS2/some games?

The only newish development is that Roski can't make it since it's his birthday and he'll be with his family. No idea how many will show, but I'mma do it anyway. If nothing else, I can throw it in the face of all the WE NEVER HAVE GATHERINGSSSSSSSSSSS people, so I can then say YOU NEVER GO TO THEMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 09, 2010, 04:32:58 PM »
What's our interest check on attendance?  

I can bring a setup, but I'll avoid it if I can (kinda annoying to bring the TV out to my car and such), but I'll do it if we don't have enough food to feed the game Hungerrrrrrrrr

Though I like to have one setup per 4 people.  So if we have 16 people, 4 setups (Though always two setups, regardless).  General rule of thumb for events I've helped setup.

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 10, 2010, 07:27:10 AM »
I'd say about 10 have shown interest in coming, but I'm expecting more than that. This is going off of just responses on the SRK thread.

We'll be playing more than just Melty, but I expect MBAA to have two setups. Five or six setups total. Likely 2-4 PS3s, 2-3 PS2s. I'm thinking I'll make a thread in the tournaments & events forum on SRK soon so we can get everything straight and confirmed.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #140 on: June 10, 2010, 07:48:24 AM »
Well you can put me down for a PS2+MBAA/VS+TV.

And yeah Brent's right. Just about everything under the sun will be played here and it sounds like we'll have more than enough systems to feed DAT MELTAN HUNGER and such.

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 10, 2010, 09:31:10 AM »

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 10, 2010, 08:56:52 PM »
Put me down for an EFZ setup.

Edit: (And probably melty too)

Any of you guys want to take me in (nohomo) a day or two (or three or four or five) early and honestly do nothing but play Melty for 15-20 hours a day?  

I'd appreciate it.  I'll buy you Ihop or mongolian grill for every day you have me there(nothing too expensive ;_;).  I'm so starved for games being away from EC ;_;.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 12:32:45 AM by こども »

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2010, 01:49:57 AM »
*crawls across the ground* Gamess....I need gamees...

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2010, 06:17:23 AM »
Oh. Good thing you posted again, wouldn't see your edit otherwise...

I'm not down for playing -anything- that much lol, and I don't know if Brandon can house people on base. I'll ask Matt for you, I think he still has a house to himself.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2010, 07:49:46 AM »

I'm not down for playing -anything- that much lol, and I don't know if Brandon can house people on base. I'll ask Matt for you, I think he still has a house to himself.

Even if this was possible I wouldn't be down for playing ANYONE for 15-20 hours straight. Matt may be able to do something like that though.

It also doesn't help you're at the coast of NC instead of middle...like everyone else. Sort of sucks because pretty much every gathering we usually play till like 2-3AM easily
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 08:00:48 AM by Ciel Is The Love Of My Life »

Offline roski

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 14, 2010, 08:21:14 PM »
hey hey there, i'm at the coast (wilmington) now!  ;D

good shit on the gatherings, and good luck with everything.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 15, 2010, 12:49:23 AM »

Even if this was possible I wouldn't be down for playing ANYONE for 15-20 hours straight. Matt may be able to do something like that though.

It also doesn't help you're at the coast of NC instead of middle...like everyone else. Sort of sucks because pretty much every gathering we usually play till like 2-3AM easily

Well, I mean, we'd take breaks, maybe some other fighter, or just in general breaks for an hour or two (or I'll run training mode or something), but if it is possible I would like to play for like atleast 6 hours at a time.  Like you said, it sucks I'm so far out, so if just before the event I could stay a day or two at someone's place, that would be awesome.  I need to get out of grind-mode and into match-mode.  If ya can't it's no big deal, I suppose.  

I don't know who Matt is
(Yo FtT I hope you want GAAAMEESS) but my gratitude goes to whoever can feed me games and a place to sleep in exchange for as many melty games as I can possibly play and maybe a meal or two.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 03:27:50 AM by こども »

Offline Chie Satonaka

• Magus Candidate
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #148 on: June 15, 2010, 07:59:34 AM »

Well, I mean, we'd take breaks, maybe some other fighter, or just in general breaks for an hour or two (or I'll run training mode or something), but if it is possible I would like to play for like atleast 6 hours at a time.  Like you said, it sucks I'm so far out, so if just before the event I could stay a day or two at someone's place, that would be awesome.  I need to get out of grind-mode and into match-mode.  If ya can't it's no big deal, I suppose.

Well even with the breaks I would need at least a rotation of people to play with, otherwise yeah...I'm getting bored after a couple of hours.

Anyways, get hype for next week and EVO. With the amount of players showing up from all over the World (JP, MEX, EU?) coming to this event and the amount of time everyone has invested, hopefully everyone has leveled up and will be able to show just how amazing high level MB really is.

Offline PWS

• Spellcaster
  • NC Melty
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 15, 2010, 11:03:24 AM »
Matt is Frank the Tank. I think he placed at NEC for Melty? Can't remember for sure right now...but anyway, I don't know why he wouldn't be up for this since he's always like WANT PLAY MORE GAMES, matter of fact he was just salty about that on SRK. I sent the guy a PM earlier but I'll call his white ass soon.

I can't play anything at all longer than like, two or three hours...or do anything in general. lol. I could understand though if you were deprived of matches for a long time and wanted to get in as many as possible in the short time you had allotted to do so.