When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Northern California: Berkeley, SF, etc.  (Read 216188 times)

Offline Sarsapari

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Northern California: Berkeley, SF, etc.
« Reply #375 on: November 19, 2008, 06:05:32 PM »
David how am I not surprised you play this game? ;D

I play Ten Maid (kind of a waste, I feel like I should play her on Ken), and pretend I can play Ken Andrew.

Nako doesn't feel that good in this game, how is she supposed to be used anyways?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 06:11:33 PM by Sarsaparilla »

Offline Tsubasa☆

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • 2πr(θ/360)
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 19, 2008, 07:00:45 PM »
Lots of Mamahaha grab mixup.  You're hanging onto her on and off for, like, half the match.  I think I should really play her in Rei or Ken, but I like dial-a-combo.  And for the record, she isn't good in this game. XD;

I play some Ten Kazuki too.
-Tsubasa

Offline Sarsapari

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 19, 2008, 07:39:49 PM »
Ten Kazuki is a monster! Dial a combo into command grab is too strong - that thing does as much as his super with level 3 charge(half life off of a jump in)! Especially considering how his AB comes out faster than his standing a and has more range than his far C; it's kind of ridiculous how much stuff you can punish.

We should definitely play some time, I'm still trying to learn an effective way to mix up with maid outside of just baiting for anti air and ticking with her super long grab range.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2008, 07:50:06 PM by Sarsaparilla »

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 20, 2008, 12:47:47 PM »
Well, IIRC, Iroha is top tier. Beats me why. One thing I like about her is how more combo friendly she is.

I like spamming Nicotine's special that reverses your controls.
♪ Fairy Tale Transparently ♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKjB_mk_so

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 20, 2008, 03:13:14 PM »
Anything going on this weekend?

Offline tenkai#

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 20, 2008, 04:46:49 PM »
I just realized the GG ranbat this Saturday starts at fucking noon. I am not waking my ass up that early for a 1.5-2 hour commute for that, so I'd be down for something on Saturday. Let's hope the BlazBlue cabinet is up by then.  :prinny:

Offline Sarsapari

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 20, 2008, 04:56:48 PM »
I just realized the GG ranbat this Saturday starts at fucking noon. I am not waking my ass up that early for a 1.5-2 hour commute for that, so I'd be down for something on Saturday. Let's hope the BlazBlue cabinet is up by then.  :prinny:

same

If you're showing up this saturday, I'll definitely go.

Well, IIRC, Iroha is top tier. Beats me why. One thing I like about her is how more combo friendly she is.

I like spamming Nicotine's special that reverses your controls.

Some stuff I noticed that she had that seemed a little too good.  Although guardcrush.net no longer exists, and I have no real way to verify these statements without learning spanish; I might be the guy who's getting dangerously close to theory fighter, and post deletion is imminent.

- backdash fireball negates most of the recovery penalty on fireballs, seems like she's only character where it works like that - every other character has some kind of recovery from aerial specials.
- only character able to double jump anywhere on the screen (bait anti airs, 4 way mixup with her 2 primary jump ins, list goes on)
- jk tends to beat other aerials out a little too much, and jK cancelled qcb+c is amazing anti air with great damage.
- her throw range is as far as her close b
- is able to deal as much damage with close b/cr k+qcb c as her ken AABBCCC dial a combo, although this one might not be that good.
- lastly HOLY SHIT OPTION SELECT SUPER.  b+k moves her a third of the way across the screen, and when done meaty enough gives advantage on block, it is also special/super KARA CANCELLABLE from the 1st frame till the last active frame.  Her super is a command grab that has about as much range as her normal throw.  On wakeup, if they jump then they eat b+k xx qcb+b, if they block then they eat a kara cancelled super (raging demon lol) or block a meaty b+k.

the only bad thing I really noticed about her is that the range on all her good pokes outside of cr+k are pretty terrible, but then again it's Iroha and you should just be doing backdash fireball during a neutral situation anyways.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 05:28:13 PM by Sarsaparilla »

Offline tenkai#

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 20, 2008, 06:05:39 PM »
All right guys. Let's get a show of hands for Saturday. Oscar said he doesn't feel like hosting at his dorm this week, so if we don't have too many people, I might open up my apartment for some GG/random laptop shenanigans afterwards.

edit: Oh yeah, the aftersession would probably require someone to drive.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 09:51:54 PM by tenkai# »

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 20, 2008, 08:35:19 PM »
Wow that post was pretty detailed. Heh, you might know more then what was on guardcrush.

I don't remember how detailed the discussion on Iroha was, but I'm sure there were basic things like simple strats and combos for her since most characters had that. Most characters that had any detailed discussion where only ones that people played, and actually cared enough to post on GCNET, which pretty much was not a whole lot.

I probably could get the backuped threads if you'd like, since you seem somewhat interested in the game, and cuz my friend use to run that site and might have it backed up. If not, I might know of a fellow that could help you somewhat. I dunno how much of Tenkai he knows or has played, but he likes and plays the older SS games like SS2 to SS5SP.

As for Saturday....I'll come for a bit.

Offline Sarsapari

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 20, 2008, 09:33:58 PM »
oh you're a friend of Dark Geese? No wonder you like Arcana :mystery:!

Thanks for the offer man! For now though let's just hold off on it, since there doesn't seem to be remotely enough interest to warrant any kind of competitive play on this game.  I'm just playing it casually because the pacing is fantastic, and I've always been a huge fanboy of SNK Iroha maids and shit danbooru tags games that are this yomi heavy.

UNRELATED NOTE:

RAGNAROK MUSIC IN IIDX 16!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ob6XRw__I0
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 09:36:25 PM by Sarsaparilla »

Offline Shizuka

• Spellcaster
  • Undead
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 21, 2008, 03:15:52 AM »
I'll show up most likely, unless I've got other plans (I have a strange feeling that I do, but can't for the life of me remember what they might be.) :mystery:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 03:17:58 AM by Shizuka »
<LoliSauce> I bet they'd make them for the opportunity to get any other form of currency!
<shizuka> ahh apparently zimbabwe doesn't use the zimbabwean dollar anymore
<LoliSauce> whaaaaa
<LoliSauce> my plans have been foiled <LoliSauce> =<

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 21, 2008, 12:16:20 PM »
oh you're a friend of Dark Geese? No wonder you like Arcana :mystery:!

Neither of those people I mentioned are Dark Geese.

As for Dark Geese, for the most part, I wouldn't recommend anyone to him for info or advice on SNK games.

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 21, 2008, 12:23:58 PM »
Awesome. I read on SRK that SFSU has been confirmed on getting Blazblue: http://aksysgames.com/bba/2008/11/blazblue-arcade-now-available-and-shipping/

Anyone here gonna play this?

Offline Sarsapari

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 21, 2008, 12:54:57 PM »
I'll be knee deep in dat ass every weekend from now on.

Jam/Donovan is too serious, more serious than this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn33Qfzogks

As for Dark Geese, for the most part, I wouldn't recommend anyone to him for info or advice on SNK games.

He seems like a great player and very informative poster for the most part, however I did lol hard when he banned himself from SRK when he had that nigga moment.  Too bad when SRK bans, they really ban.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2008, 01:03:07 PM by Sarsaparilla »

Offline ckosra

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Away
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 21, 2008, 02:41:47 PM »
Awesome. I read on SRK that SFSU has been confirmed on getting Blazblue: http://aksysgames.com/bba/2008/11/blazblue-arcade-now-available-and-shipping/

I'll definitely be playing this, I just hope the cabinet does not disappear to SJSU before the consumer version comes out. I wonder when it is going to show up?

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: November 21, 2008, 04:52:07 PM »
I'll be showing up tomorrow.

Offline tenkai#

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 21, 2008, 04:52:18 PM »

I'll be repping that Noel.

I'll definitely be playing this, I just hope the cabinet does not disappear to SJSU before the consumer version comes out. I wonder when it is going to show up?
It feels kinda unlikely to me (but I can still hope) that it will be in tomorrow, so about a 90% chance that it'll be in next week.

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 21, 2008, 07:28:48 PM »
^Nice. I'll probably be playing Jin and Tager, or enjoy watching people play the game. 

I'll be knee deep in dat ass every weekend from now on.

Jam/Donovan is too serious, more serious than this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn33Qfzogks

He seems like a great player and very informative poster for the most part, however I did lol hard when he banned himself from SRK when he had that nigga moment.  Too bad when SRK bans, they really ban.

I guess it's kinda unfair for me to say things like, so I bite the bullet for that one. It's just that I don't trust the guy, since he doesn't have a good track record, especially on GCNET. Over there he got banned for posting misleading information and plagiarizing from other people's posts and FAQs. Not cool. There showed that he doesn't know much about Tenka, and his matches are laughably bad.

In an immature way, I'm kinda glad he got banned on SRK. I don't miss reading in like half of his posts, cues of him hyping himself up, like he's some great SNK fighting game player, when he'd get raped by random fobs that don't take the game an ounce as serious as he does (at least he has admit that a bit). I think it's smart and cool to try to give KOF a voice online, in order to try to build up a serious, competitive community. I just don't see the need to do it with such an ego and retarded attitude.

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 22, 2008, 04:04:21 AM »
I'll be showing up around 1-2 pm.

Offline JeffM

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 22, 2008, 08:53:39 AM »
im showing up around 2pm today.

oh yea, if everyone who posted shows up, that means 5 passengers in the car. four of you guys will suffer for about 7 minutes in the back seats unless someone volunteers to hop in the trunk, haha

Offline Sarsapari

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 23, 2008, 01:00:51 AM »
Good shit today everyone.  Thanks again for hosting Cksora.

Danny/Sean - are you ready for the motherfucking fury next week? That real shit?

edit: boylove fantasia was battle fantastic.  Olivia is apparently only safe in heat mode, where it pretty much solves her lack of a fireball problem.

edit edit: seems like Donnvale/Deathbringer are the Orochi Yashiro/Sagat of this game
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 01:20:51 AM by Sarsaparilla »

Offline ckosra

• Spellcaster
  • Away
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 23, 2008, 01:06:57 PM »
GGs everybody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBmlfDaLxvA
I can see why cedric is top tier, throw>super, good fireball, combos  :psyduck:

Is this what you were talking about Jeff?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0h9hAIw_3o

Offline Sarsapari

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 23, 2008, 02:52:00 PM »
Looks like deathbringer's got a way to go into heat+heat super off of counter gatchi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6gkwuQwe38

Offline ckosra

• Spellcaster
  • Away
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 23, 2008, 06:29:48 PM »
That is not a normal super, it is a special super activated after getting 4-5 hits while in heat mode. Jeff and I were trying that combo after you left, it is basically gachi drive>heat up>jump c >close c >far c >crouching c, also you can do his power up move after the end of the combo as a follow up. Looks like this youtube user has a lot of good BF stuff http://www.youtube.com/user/LiSyaoran3063

Offline Sarsapari

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 23, 2008, 07:54:31 PM »
yeah I know, that's why I posted it lol.  The point is that getting around 2000 damage full heat combo off of a gatchi looks much more impressive than a sword swing super.

Edit: that guy it mostly responsible for the SRK Battle Fantasia thread