When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: NY/NJ/PA/CT/MA  (Read 292013 times)

Offline Celestein

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
Re: NY/NJ/PA/CT/MA
« Reply #500 on: March 31, 2010, 06:34:19 PM »
Me, you, Phil, Tony M, Dave, Crab, DP, and maybe? Jon. That's 8 ;0

Offline KowtowRobinson

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 01, 2010, 11:02:38 PM »
Jon's more or less quit, he hasn't explained himself other than he thinks Melty is "stiff."  I've tried to get to the bottom of how you could possibly think a game with this much offense is stiff, but whatever.  It's a dead issue, he's got it in his head that Melty is stiff and that's that for him, I guess.

As far as 2k4 went, my cousin played TAM casually but he competed under normal rules.  If you're asking whether he was just your average pub stomping TAM hero, then no not at all lol.  He understands how to play for real lol.  I don't think he got to travel more than once though, he was still pretty young.  His tag was blindrob, I don't think he still plays much though.  He's just hype for Global Agenda, and is one of the USA mods for some freeware shooter called CrossFire.

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 32
  • Atashi-o dare da to omotteru no?
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #502 on: April 02, 2010, 04:48:44 AM »
...Oh my god.

I think I know him then. He's on my XFire.

If that's the case, then we've definitely already met. Ask him if he recognizes my nick the next time you see or speak to him.

It's a small world after all.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 04:50:21 AM by Dark Pulse »
My mom never saw the irony in calling me a son of a bitch.

Offline KowtowRobinson

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 02, 2010, 11:01:30 AM »
...Oh my god.

I think I know him then. He's on my XFire.

If that's the case, then we've definitely already met. Ask him if he recognizes my nick the next time you see or speak to him.

It's a small world after all.

You go by Dark Pulse on Xfire too?  I know he's really well known to anyone who's played CrossFire before, didn't know if you had seen/played him in UT though.

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #504 on: April 02, 2010, 12:25:34 PM »
Well, I just messaged and sent him a link to this topic, and it is him.

Holy shit. That's just plain bizarre.

What are the chances of something like this, really? Innumerable.

Offline KowtowRobinson

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 02, 2010, 08:22:28 PM »
lol what are the odds indeed.  The internet is a small place.  I never could get my cousin into fighting games though, and my computer was always too ass to play any real FPS.  Not that I'd ever want to play 1.6, but it can't even run that at a decent speed, just to give you an idea.  Meant to upgrade a while ago, and then life hit me again, it always seems to do that right about when I start saving money for a new computer.  Maybe if I give up on upgrading this piece of shit, I won't get hit with random vehicle breakdowns and loss of hours at my shitty job?  :mystery:

Anyway, DAT melty goin down tomorrow at barcade, fuck SF4 lol.  Not like Jon was gonna play Melty anyway, but him and Juan are probably just going to mirror match each other's Tagers in Continuum Stiff 100 times over, lol.

Offline Dark Pulse

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • Project2612
« Reply #506 on: April 02, 2010, 09:21:51 PM »
lol what are the odds indeed.  The internet is a small place.  I never could get my cousin into fighting games though, and my computer was always too ass to play any real FPS.  Not that I'd ever want to play 1.6, but it can't even run that at a decent speed, just to give you an idea.  Meant to upgrade a while ago, and then life hit me again, it always seems to do that right about when I start saving money for a new computer.  Maybe if I give up on upgrading this piece of shit, I won't get hit with random vehicle breakdowns and loss of hours at my shitty job?  :mystery:

Anyway, DAT melty goin down tomorrow at barcade, fuck SF4 lol.  Not like Jon was gonna play Melty anyway, but him and Juan are probably just going to mirror match each other's Tagers in Continuum Stiff 100 times over, lol.
Yes, he's told me about your computer woes and such.

Tell you what. You give me Melty lessons, and I'll give you UT lessons.

Fair trade, no? :P

Offline KowtowRobinson

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 03, 2010, 07:15:29 PM »
Good that we got to play again guys.  Work on the air counterhit stuff, it's a big part of this game.  I know I drop combos sometimes, but Dave was the only one I saw doing combos period, just get your execution where it needs to be.  I understand you guys want to go for mixups and what not, but you've got time to mixup after your combos, so just work on that I guess.

Also Fox, u mad.

Offline hardworkgenius

• Apprentice
  • <3 Anime Bullet Witches
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 06, 2010, 09:44:40 AM »
Whats up? Genius here, thought I'd post in here to let people know I'm around, I live up in south Jersey Burlington Township :prinny:

Offline KowtowRobinson

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 09, 2010, 04:46:15 PM »
Might make a brief appearance tomorrow, I have to go over to UB anyway to get tickets for a theater performance I have to watch for class.

Offline Curbeh

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 259
  • Irresistible
    • View Profile
« Reply #510 on: June 11, 2010, 11:32:43 AM »
I'm going to NY weekend July 3rd, I think
They can't get enough of me

Offline kona

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • DOOOOOOOOOOOOOFUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 17, 2010, 01:40:49 AM »
Stryfe is running a SSF4, GG, and MBAA tournament at Battlegrounds in Vernon, CT on July 17th. Check out the thread here.
Gachi Rangers are so godlike

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 29, 2010, 01:29:04 PM »
Just wanted to say good shit to the cats who showed at the TeamSpooky event in NY. Sucks we couldn't get another set up going for more games but what can you do? =/ I'll be sure to investigate further into such matters next time around. Had a (on) blast leveling up, gaining a bit more knowledge and match up exp., and discussing with and hearing others talk over strats (this is what more US communities should be about imo). In the end, there always seems to never be enough time =(. Still fun learning though.

Fappy trails.
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline SoaCahRoah

• Apprentice
  • It's mathematics
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: July 12, 2010, 12:52:10 AM »
Sup guys I live in NYC and I hear there's a big group in this region, I'm down for friendlies in MBAA whenever just let me know :D

Offline Sinistar71

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: July 19, 2010, 10:28:21 PM »

Offline Bonkler

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
    • The Bonkler
« Reply #515 on: July 30, 2010, 02:10:08 PM »
Anyone play in Pittsburgh? I'm going to be moving there pretty soon for grad school.

Offline kona

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • DOOOOOOOOOOOOOFUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 04, 2010, 08:23:06 PM »
On the weekend of September 18-19, we got a pretty big tournament going down. We're calling it New England Revolution! It's gonna be a two day event but we will be running Melty Blood on that Sunday. Check out the thread for more details.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 06, 2010, 01:40:51 PM »
To those attending Kirah Bash! this wknd:

PLEASE BRING AN EXTRA MICROPHONE

if you can. It doesn't have to be anything state-of-the art and uber hi-tech. Just bring w/e you have that can plug into a laptop. If all goes well, dual stream is going to be gdlk.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 01:44:38 PM by ZARtacus! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 07, 2010, 04:13:14 AM »
Ok guys...

To the people showing to kirah bash...

PLEASE BRING A LAPTOP WITH PREFERABLY WINDOWSXP
 (and please NOT that Vista garbage!!!)

If either of you guys get this, please dont forget as this will be the only way for us to set up the DUAL STREAMSSSSS!!

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 08, 2010, 04:30:33 PM »
Rokunaya here, just saying that I got a car recently and am able to hit up any joints this august and early sept, so let me know if they're any gatherings at people's houses and I'll deff try to drop by.

P.S.: I'm Mid-NJ
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 09, 2010, 02:18:03 PM »
Good games to everyone who showed at the (sudden) Kirah Bash!! 2 event. Shoutouts to Kirah for being a gentlemanly host and to TeamSp00ky for blowing up the streams. The streaming this wknd was bananas in general (4 Super streams, CC and ABK qualifiers/events) and we pretty much got crushed in terms of numbers but thanks to the hardcore stream monsters who stopped by anyway. TeamSp00ky Indie was a fun project and I hope to do more in the future (when sp00ky isn't avail though lol).

Matches were recorded and archived here:

http://www.ustream.tv/user/isthismugen/videos

http://www.ustream.tv/user/kirahx/videos

Offline riceman789

• $400 Man
  • Magic Circuits: 408
  • Let's go, get hype!
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 20, 2010, 08:11:42 PM »
For anyone who lives in MA, we are now gonna run some Melty at GU(Game Underground) @ framingham, MA.  Me and some other cats will be holding them down.  There will be more info[ later, but as of right now I need to talk to LuckyD about it.
H-Vsion
"UNBARACKABLE" - LordKnight
F#$% him up like a nestle crunch!! - HyperHal
I got that IYO feeling!! - Jiyuna I'm Going IN!! - Jiyuna

Offline kona

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • DOOOOOOOOOOOOOFUS
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 21, 2010, 08:30:30 AM »
Good shit, Riceman. I didn't even know that GU was running Melty. I rarely show up to GU because of work and a lack of ride, but when I do show up, I'll be there supporting you guys.

Offline riceman789

• $400 Man
  • Magic Circuits: 408
  • Let's go, get hype!
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 21, 2010, 03:52:57 PM »
Good shit, Riceman. I didn't even know that GU was running Melty. I rarely show up to GU because of work and a lack of ride, but when I do show up, I'll be there supporting you guys.

We'll Be running every friday for casuals and tournies if we can some good enough heads for it.  Game Underground is located at Rt.9 framingham it'll be near a mobile gas station.  If you go to the site of GameUnderground.com then some directions should be there.  I'm going to make a MA separate thread for it.
H-Vsion
"UNBARACKABLE" - LordKnight
F#$% him up like a nestle crunch!! - HyperHal
I got that IYO feeling!! - Jiyuna I'm Going IN!! - Jiyuna

Offline Havoczephyr

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • ⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 23, 2010, 11:07:47 AM »
North-West Jersey here, just 10 minutes outta RT 80. Just entering the scene now. I was playing Melty Blood Act Candeza with a friend of mine who lives in Texas via Netplay for over a year or two before AA was released. But now i decided to undust my ps2 and get back in =D

With the lack of Netplay possible for Actress Again, im in dire need of some friendlies, join the Help-A-Newblet Foundation TODAY! :teach:

I also have super smash brothers melee if you are up for some samus missle spam  :slowpoke:
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 12:14:22 PM by Havoczephyr »
不思議の国のアリス~

Cirno: I am an air conditioner!