When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Melty Vegas and Evo Thread  (Read 53399 times)

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
Re: Melty Vegas and Evo Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 16, 2010, 04:01:41 PM »
Yeah I will need an extra set of component cables.  I currently only have one set.

As for that stick, here is the one I was talking about:
http://www.frys.com/product/5814903?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
Down to 50 bucks now and its very easy to mod.
Wait, this stick is a 360 stick.  I was looking to get a ps2 stick, since I have converters for ps2>360 and ps2>ps3/pc.

Or are you suggesting just to nab that and swap out the pcb or whatever it's called for a ps2 setup?
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Prinny

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Escaped a demon....recaught by a vampire....
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 16, 2010, 07:02:31 PM »
Hey Macc,

Got in touch with one of the members of the UNLV community not long after I wrote this message. They're gonna show up. Just about all of them.

They have the following characters down:

Litchi
Hazama
Tager (Their top dog and the character who runs things there from what I heard.)
Arakune (Their man knows the loops)
Ragna
Noel
Jin

Their community is no joke when it comes to BBCS. I've fought them before and I know that they're pretty mean. At bare minimum, FANTASTIC practice for the Devastation tourney.

As for you Lolisauce, just to let you know an F-Miyako player won Final Round XIII. Isn't that awesome? Doren 2k fought Lord Knight and defeated H Kohaku! Looks like if you keep doing what you're doing, you're gonna make people turn heads!

Both tourneys are gonna be fierce!

Exciting times....exciting times!
LIBERATION!

Offline Macc

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • I sparkle, like a vampire should.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2010, 07:13:35 AM »
^^GREAT JOB!  I am interested in seeing this Tager player.  If I can pull myself from some FFXIII, I am going to have to sit down and get some more BBCS practice in.  Also I am not sure if you have been looking at the SRK Vegas thread lately, but Hell from Above (I am pretty sure you are familiar with this name) just moved out to Henderson.  He is looking for some peeps to play some BBCS with.  He may be trying to hit up some casuals at GO this week/weekend if you are interested.  He also said that he would be at the tourney on 4/3.

Wait, this stick is a 360 stick.  I was looking to get a ps2 stick, since I have converters for ps2>360 and ps2>ps3/pc.

Or are you suggesting just to nab that and swap out the pcb or whatever it's called for a ps2 setup?

Thats my bad I totally though you were talking about a PS3 or 360 stick on Saturday at Paine's.  If your looking for a PS2 stick that may be a little more money and harder to find since it is last gen.  I tried checking Play-Asia, but all their PS2 sticks are out of stock.  Your best bet is checking on eBay or the trade thread on SRK.   If you go on eBay avoid any of the sticks there that are cheaper than 40 bucks.  They are crap and break easy.  I'd recommend going with anything Hori.  On the SRK thread you can get a quality custom one built by someone there although it may cost ya a bit more.  Or if you have some soldering skills you can buy a box from the thread and wire it yourself.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 07:21:21 AM by Macc »
"WINNERS DON'T USE DRUGS"
William S. Sessions, Director, FBI

Offline Prinny

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2010, 05:32:04 PM »
Hmm...a renowned player, who just moved to Henderson, and is interested in playing BBCS. Sure, I don't mind swinging on by to GO this saturday for a little while. Of course, we'll give him a chance to get himself acquainted with the game and not just stomp his guts out like those fellas did at Devastation.

Hey Lolisauce, if you're free that saturday, would you be interested in practicing some more MBAA at GO? Seeing that this game is gonna be a GO tourney, we should get it out there so that people can see what it's like.

If anything comes up that may disrupt my plans for this saturday, I'll be sure to let you know ASAP.
LIBERATION!

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2010, 10:48:55 PM »
Hmm...a renowned player, who just moved to Henderson, and is interested in playing BBCS. Sure, I don't mind swinging on by to GO this saturday for a little while. Of course, we'll give him a chance to get himself acquainted with the game and not just stomp his guts out like those fellas did at Devastation.

Hey Lolisauce, if you're free that saturday, would you be interested in practicing some more MBAA at GO? Seeing that this game is gonna be a GO tourney, we should get it out there so that people can see what it's like.

If anything comes up that may disrupt my plans for this saturday, I'll be sure to let you know ASAP.
Well, my car is going to be in the shop all weekend probably.  If someone can pick me up, I'll go.  I need to buy a composite cable on the way though.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Macc

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2010, 06:21:04 AM »

I know that he was from Cali and is already very familiar with BBCS from playing it in the arcades.  Apparrently he has a very strong Arakune.  I think GO this Saturday could work for me as well.  Should get some more MBAA in as well.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2010, 09:36:54 AM »

I know that he was from Cali and is already very familiar with BBCS from playing it in the arcades.  Apparrently he has a very strong Arakune.  I think GO this Saturday could work for me as well.  Should get some more MBAA in as well.
Yo, if you want we can sit down in training mode for a bit and I can show you all the F Kouma or F Miyako stuff.  I don't know so much about H Arc or H Roa though.
---

Offline Macc

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2010, 12:32:29 PM »
Word.  I am going to try and sit down with it for a lil bit today and get some practice in with F Kouma and H Roa.  Try to lay down a few B&B combos that will work for me.

Offline Prinny

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2010, 04:58:41 PM »
How ya doin' Lolisauce? I have no problem picking you up on saturday. I also don't have a problem with finding a place to grab a composite cable as well.

Macc or Loli: If there is a preferred time on saturday in which you would like for everyone to meet up, just let us know.

Loli: Let me know what time you would like for me to pick you up. Just text it to my cell in regards to what time.
LIBERATION!

Offline eromonsta

• Apprentice
  • boobies <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2010, 06:06:55 PM »
BB:CS?  You don't mean BB:CT?  Damn, I would have liked to see CS in person, but I'm sure I'll see it eventually.

Also, Sammy was doing surprisingly well for just his second day playing.  He was still hitting his Reis bnbs that he learned last week pretty reliably. 
Good to hear.  I wonder if he'll show up on here soon.  Also Vagabond, are you getting a better feel for the game?

I gotta say, this is pretty exciting.  Melty scene go!

I'm hurr now.

Offline Level 0

• Midboss
  • Jr. Spellcaster
  • Mash A!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2010, 07:17:56 PM »
Definitely going to that 4/3 tournament, god willing.  I gotta practice them rekkas more, and start using 5A to whiff into 214 like a real man does.  I really should pick up a secondary, but Kouma is just...  too manly.  I can't resist him.   :fap:  And maybe not show people my pokeymans so much.

Good to see you, eromonsta.  Your nick reminded me about a doujin I was supposed to look up but had forgotten about.
I have much to learn.  Evidently I'm one of the few F-Kouma's in the west?  If I get good enough, maybe I can make people see why I like him.

Lolisauce: this is why I'm a loli's best friend
Lolisauce: I bring warmth and fuzziness Lolisauce: and occasionally penis

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2010, 11:00:53 PM »
How ya doin' Lolisauce? I have no problem picking you up on saturday. I also don't have a problem with finding a place to grab a composite cable as well.

Macc or Loli: If there is a preferred time on saturday in which you would like for everyone to meet up, just let us know.

Loli: Let me know what time you would like for me to pick you up. Just text it to my cell in regards to what time.
I'll have to let you know last minute, cuz I might not be dropping my car off this weekend after all.  We'll see how it goes.  As for what time, you know I'm a night owl, so mid afternoon is when I'll prolly be ready to go.  lol

I'm hurr now.
Is this a certain beef loving Sammy?  Good to see you drop in.
---

Offline Macc

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2010, 07:34:08 AM »

Well so far there are suppose to be some activities going on at Bernie's starting around 2pm on Saturday.  I am fine with 2pm at Bernie's or GO although I pretty positive that not much MBAA would be played at Bernie's.  Not much MBAA love there :'(

Offline eromonsta

• Apprentice
  • boobies <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2010, 09:52:43 PM »

I'm hurr now.
Is this a certain beef loving Sammy?  Good to see you drop in.

if you mean beef boobies then yes <3

Offline Macc

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2010, 07:19:34 AM »
MBAA & BBCS practice at GO on Friday?  Followed up with some after practice cocktails?  Anyone interested?

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2010, 10:39:16 PM »
MBAA & BBCS practice at GO on Friday?  Followed up with some after practice cocktails?  Anyone interested?
Friday?  Sorry, I don't get home from work till around midnight every weekday.  I can hang out on Saturday though, if anyone wants to host or whatever.
---

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2010, 10:40:20 PM »
Everyone been practicing for this weekend?  Let's have a good showing at GO for the tourney!

Btw Adonis, I no longer have to worry about potentially missing the tourney.  Either Sean told me the wrong date or I was just tired and misheard him, but it's not till first week of may he wants me to fly out.  lol.  I'm just on crack.
---

Offline Prinny

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2010, 03:19:40 PM »
There's an MBAA tourney in May? Where's it gonna be held? When is it and how much for entry?

And just to answer your question: yes sir, I've been practicing alright...but I think everybody else is too....
LIBERATION!

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2010, 10:40:37 PM »
There's an MBAA tourney in May? Where's it gonna be held? When is it and how much for entry?

And just to answer your question: yes sir, I've been practicing alright...but I think everybody else is too....
No, one of my close friends wants me to fly out first week of may to visit him for premier of iron man 2.  lol.  A couple days ago I thought he told me that it was first week of april, and I was like fffffff.  Turns out I just misheard him or something.
---

Offline Macc

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 01, 2010, 07:46:39 AM »
Reminder:

3310 S Nellis Blvd Ste 20
Las Vegas, NV 89121
(Corner of Nellis and Desert Inn)

Melty Blood Actress Again
Starts at 2pm
PS2 Import Version
3/5 rounds
2/3 matches (finals are 3/5)
99 seconds
Double Elimination
Archetype Earth is banned

BlazBlue Continuum Shift
Starts at 4pm
Arcade Version (Event Mode)
2/3 rounds
2/3 matches (finals are 3/5)
99 seconds
Double Elimination

-Entry fee for each tournament is $5 + $2 for venue.  Entry for both is only $12.
-Pot is 70/20/10 split on each game
-Game Over will be open for casuals on both games starting at 12pm

**Hit me up via PM, IM, or text if you got any questions**

I got 1 PC with BBCS (which has been tested to work on a LCD) and 2 PS2s with  1 set of component cables + 1 copy of MBAA.  I will bring a couple extra PS2 controls along with my PS2 to USB convertor for BBCS.  Please bring along the extra component cable Loli and an extra copy of MBAA please.  Going with two stations on each game should be enough.  Any extra setups can be used for casuals.  I will also be there bright and early at noon for anyone else looking to get in some warm ups.  See you punks there.

Offline Vagabond

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Sweetdiculous!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2010, 02:50:48 PM »
LOL, Prinny. So that was you that called? My mom thought you were a salesman :V

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 03, 2010, 09:13:13 PM »
LOL, Prinny. So that was you that called? My mom thought you were a salesman :V

My phone was out of order and we couldn't remember your real name when we called on his phone.  lol.  We were just trying to see if you or Sammy would make it to the tourney. 

Btw, results were:
Prinny (C Arc, F Ryougi) - $28
LoliSauce (F Miyako) - $8
Oni (C wLen) - $4
other people

Macc might post up the full brackets.
---

Offline Macc

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 04, 2010, 12:25:42 AM »
^^Those are the top three that I wrote down to post up.  I can say that the next two were Adonis and Paine if I recall correctly.  Either way thanks to all who stopped out and those whose who helped out.  For anyone interested here are the BBCS results as well:

Jack (Ragna/Tager) - $45
Prinny (Lichi/Ragna) - $13
Hell From Above (Arakune) - $7
D (Tager)
Ji (Jin)

The BB peeps want to see more BB tournies.  I am looking to do one again for then coming up (some time after the SSF4 release hype) so if you guys are interested let me know and we can get some MBAA action going again as well.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 04, 2010, 01:10:09 AM »
Whoa damn, John got taken out in BBCS?  That guy Jack must've been pretty fierce.  And yeah, I'm always down for more events.  Throw down a general time frame and I'll let you know what's good with me. 
---

Offline Prinny

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 04, 2010, 02:30:06 PM »
Yessir, I was defeated in BB. Ragna has always been a tough matchup for me. I'm gonna have to do my homework when it comes to that matchup so I can be ready for next time.

I'm thinking I'm gonna have to use someone else when it comes to Ragna. Maybe Tao or Hazama...
LIBERATION!