When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Melty Vegas and Evo Thread  (Read 53147 times)

Offline Macc

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • I sparkle, like a vampire should.
    • View Profile
Re: Melty Vegas and Evo Thread
« Reply #125 on: April 14, 2010, 10:14:35 AM »
^^Yeah it may cost just as much to fly to norcal.

Here is a heads up for a few things:
-First they got some LordKnight on this week's SRK podcast talking some MBAA.
-Second there should be a stream up this weekend of MBAA top players from the EC playing each other.  Be good film to watch for Evo.
-Third I am gonna look to do another MBAA x BBCS tourney at GO around 5/15.  Thinking MBAA singles & BBCS 2v2.  Figure this should work around the ranbat date you guys got in AZ, but let me know if this date doesn't work for anyone.  It would be the same deal with equipment as last time if you can help me out again Loli.
-Forth think there should be some Hakkenden casuals going on this Friday for anyone interested in getting in some practice.
"WINNERS DON'T USE DRUGS"
William S. Sessions, Director, FBI

Offline Prinny

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Escaped a demon....recaught by a vampire....
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 14, 2010, 03:25:56 PM »
Yes, I'm good as well, but my car is still not trustworthy enough for the trip.  I'll have to ride with you.  I checked it out before, the trip is about the same distance as to Bell's place.  Also, I don't remember if I ever responded to your text or not, but I'm down for this weekend.  I have other plans too, but I think I can push that to just Sunday, and leave Sat for us to chill and game.

And for the norcal thing...I dunno if I'm up for that honestly.  It's like an 8 hour drive, man.  That's a pretty gruesome drive, and the gas money spent will be pretty hefty.

OK, point taken about NorCal. But, I'm glad to hear about AZ being good. This weekend being good for you is well, really good! That means that it'll be Paine, you, and myself training this saturday. The training session will be held sometime in the later part of the afternoon. I say about the same time you're usually ready to play Melty, Loli Leader. Which I assume is about late afternoon, early evening time. Paine and I have a few things to take care of in the early afternoon and will keep you updated throughout the day. 

If any additional people wanna head to AZ, they will need to provide a ride. The maximum amount of people that my car can hold is 4, driver included. Even then, it'll be a little cramped.

@Macc: Friday practice sounds good to me. I'm assuming it's gonna be held at Greg's place right? Also, the 5/15 tourney date works with me as well.
LIBERATION!

Offline Level 0

• Midboss
  • Jr. Spellcaster
  • Mash A!
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2010, 05:34:27 PM »
Yo, sorry if anyone has been trying to get a hold of me or is wondering where the fuck I disappeared to (again, sorry Loli).  As has been mentioned elsewhere, I've been working at my new, totally awesome job.  I've been hard at work learning new shit to be sure my job will be secure, which involved learning a lot of shit on my own time.  In fact, I should be filling out my W4 right now, but I've been lurking here everyday and it's about time I spoke up.

Of course this has cut into my practice time, but I have been diligently watching kaimaato vids and visualizing my setups when I can.  If I can't practice my hands, I'll practice my mind.  I know that I have a bad habit of picking up new games (hey PKMN HeartGold) and getting distracted (Muramasa can I has your babies) but I'll do my best to keep my focus so I practice often.  I really want to win, you guys.  I'm hungry.

That said, shift bids will be coming up soon.  Priority will be given to the top scorers of our tests, and so I've already laid my BigSexyTM love juice all over that.  I'm pretty much guaranteed any shift they offer me.  What days do I need to keep open?  It seems like Fri-Sat are the best bet, but idk if I should grab a Sat-Sun off day schedule instead.  Or maybe some four-tens if they're there?  What do you guys think?
I have much to learn.  Evidently I'm one of the few F-Kouma's in the west?  If I get good enough, maybe I can make people see why I like him.

Lolisauce: this is why I'm a loli's best friend
Lolisauce: I bring warmth and fuzziness Lolisauce: and occasionally penis

Offline Prinny

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 14, 2010, 10:03:12 PM »
Hmm...so Level 0...

From after reading your post...it sounds like you're pretty serious about Melty...glad to hear it. Alright! When it comes to your days off, we normally practice on fridays and saturdays. So, if you're looking to get the most bang out of your buck, fridays and saturdays off may be the way to go.

I'm sure you read my rather large message to the group already about what it's going to take to win. Since you're one of the few F Koumas out there, we'll be counting on you to lvl up so that way, our group can be a force to be reckoned with come EVO. In return, you can trust us to always improve our game so that way, the team will lvl up as well.

Hmm....so here's the team roster so far....

From Team Hakkenden:

Prinny (Me!)
Emperor Paine (Hakkenden Leader)

From Vegas Melty:

Lolisauce (I think) (Loli Leader)
Level 0, (a.k.a. Adonis, a.k.a. Mid-Boss)
LIBERATION!

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 14, 2010, 11:57:42 PM »
Adonis, unless you're looking to start driving and buy a car soon, I won't be able to drive you anywhere cept on sat-sun, as per my work schedule.

How often do you get to bid for shifts?
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Level 0

• Midboss
  • Jr. Spellcaster
  • Mash A!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2010, 07:56:52 PM »
Adonis, unless you're looking to start driving and buy a car soon, I won't be able to drive you anywhere cept on sat-sun, as per my work schedule.

How often do you get to bid for shifts?
While getting a car and becoming my own vehicle of destruction IS in my plans of The Adonis Reformation Act (yeah, I've been doing A LOT of thinking lately) I don't forsee that happening any time soon.  I will need to rely on you for transportation, if that's okay.  I intend on helping out via food/gas as much as possible, since that possibility grew from .009 percent to a holycowyoucanbuythingsagain percent.

Shift bids haven't hit us yet, and actually, this weekend is dead to me as I'll be working all the way through Sat.  My temp schedule (for the next week, that's how temporary it is) is Tue-Fri, with this coming Sun-Mon off.  Aside from this shift bid, I've been informed that ANOTHER ONE will show up a month after we've started, since that's when the training class after us has hit the floor.

So Sat-Sun it is, if they're offering it.  Having Sat off takes priority from Sun I can assume?

EDIT: That reminds me, my temp shift (which starts Sat) for me is at night!  Loli, if you want to come by anytime soon (starting this Friday) I won't need to sleep right away so we can hang and stuff after work.  (Sun I need to visit my mom, though, she's in the hospital)

EDIT EDIT:
Level 0, (a.k.a. Adonis, a.k.a. Mid-Boss)
I'm seriously considering changing my name again.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 08:07:07 PM by Level 0 »
I have much to learn.  Evidently I'm one of the few F-Kouma's in the west?  If I get good enough, maybe I can make people see why I like him.

Lolisauce: this is why I'm a loli's best friend
Lolisauce: I bring warmth and fuzziness Lolisauce: and occasionally penis

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2010, 11:22:25 PM »
While getting a car and becoming my own vehicle of destruction IS in my plans of The Adonis Reformation Act (yeah, I've been doing A LOT of thinking lately) I don't forsee that happening any time soon.  I will need to rely on you for transportation, if that's okay.  I intend on helping out via food/gas as much as possible, since that possibility grew from .009 percent to a holycowyoucanbuythingsagain percent.
Okay.

So Sat-Sun it is, if they're offering it.  Having Sat off takes priority from Sun I can assume?
Yes.

EDIT: That reminds me, my temp shift (which starts Sat) for me is at night!  Loli, if you want to come by anytime soon (starting this Friday) I won't need to sleep right away so we can hang and stuff after work.  (Sun I need to visit my mom, though, she's in the hospital)
Sounds good.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Macc

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2010, 06:47:36 AM »
Sorry I had to dip out kinda earlier, but good games on Saturday Loli, Paine, & Prinny.  Wait Paine is....SHEILDING?! :slowpoke:

Offline Oni

• NEET
  • Apprentice
  • Umm... rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 25, 2010, 12:20:31 AM »
Okay, here goes.

I'm on, I vanish, just the way things always seem to be. Anyway, when I was able to I've been practicing, knowing what lies ahead at EVO. I know it's gonna get hectic up in there so I've been trying to get better, though if any of you have talked with Level 0 you'd know that for the past week I've been at the hospital watching after my mom. Probably won't be able to get back to practicing till I'm guessing next week, maybe later maybe sooner.

I've been wanting to step up my game as much as possible since that last tournament I was at. Hearing people telling me I've improved makes me feel like I can actually keep the momentum going and hold my own, but this isn't enough so I'm hoping to get leagues better than where I'm at right now. Like Prinny said, defense game for Vegas needs to get stepped up, and this goes double for me since I was humiliated by his unblockables with Ryougi. *Fist shake*

I'm all for it if anyone thinks I can make it to represent the Vegas team, but I know there's still a lot to improve on. When the day comes I want to shine as bright as I can. No more hiding potential, no more sitting back and letting opportunities like this pass by for stupid reasons, I'm determined more than ever now to make this happen.

Also, cheesy speech is cheesy. |3
Fffffffffffffffffff- lol range. :B

Offline Prinny

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 25, 2010, 07:04:47 PM »
And with Oni joining the ranks, our meager little desert squad of 5 sallies forth on their journey to take on the world...

MELTY VEGAS!!!
:prinny: :prinny: :prinny: :prinny: :prinny:

Good stuff Oni, glad you decided to join the team. You have a solid White Len already. With a few tweaks here and there and some more matches against other characters (don't worry, I got that covered), you will be beastly.

Taking care of family is important, I hope your mother gets well soon.

Do not worry if you can't make it to the May 8th tourney ranbat. We'll all continue to train after that regardless of the outcome so that way we can all be prepared in singles. MAYBE, if we're lucky and if it works with everyone, maybe we can postpone the qualifier till Devastation. I know it's a stretch, considering everyone's schedules, but at least ALL the NV contenders will be there.

I know that I'm perhaps sounding a little too optimistic, but I think this crew is gonna do some spectacular things come this EVO...singles or teams.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 07:08:49 PM by Prinny »
LIBERATION!

Offline Prinny

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 25, 2010, 07:17:14 PM »
OK fellas, here are some of the videos I found through some research. Granted, not the most recent material, but it's not too distant either.

NorCal Ranbats: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=DFD244D6F32674DA

European Ranbats: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Melty+blood+birmingham&search_type=&aq=f

Final Round XIII Material: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br-CsEVxsus

Burnt Toast 2 Material: http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/5598666

Study up fellas! Any questions or match requests, let me know. I have a nicovideo account as well so I can pretty much get anything from anywhere.
LIBERATION!

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 26, 2010, 05:35:04 AM »
Damn Prinny, you just don't play H no more do you?
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline Prinny

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 26, 2010, 07:21:25 PM »
Damn Prinny, you just don't play H no more do you?

Well...hello Shinobi, how are things in the South?

I still like to play that H but only during breaks in my schedule.  ;D

But anywho, our group REALLY wants to do well come EVO. So I'm trying to do as much as I can to help out the small (but dedicated) team that we got. I know that you, your homies from the South, and pretty much everyone both foreign and domestic are gonna bring it. So, we gotta step it up too.  :prinny:
LIBERATION!

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 27, 2010, 01:33:37 PM »
I have homies? Werd.

I'm pretty sure you guys will do fine. Drive (to do well), skill, and increasing scene is all you need. Also, I expect Vegas to show me good times at Evo...as in where the local ABC store is lol.
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline Prinny

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 03, 2010, 06:59:29 PM »
Hey people:

May 1st EC tourney videos:

Casuals:

http://www.meltybread.com/forums/kohaku%27s-video-room/actress-again-casuals-other-stuff/msg72490/?topicseen#msg72490

Tourney:

http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky/b/263070774

It's good stuff people. Alot of characters are covered from high level players. Oni, check out this White Len in action, simply awesome play.

@Loli: Hey dood, once we get to AZ, where the heck are we staying for the night?  :mystery:
LIBERATION!

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 03, 2010, 10:36:34 PM »
@Loli: Hey dood, once we get to AZ, where the heck are we staying for the night?  :mystery:
As far as I understand we're all staying at meltyhaus (aka: choco's place), but I'm checking up on that just to make sure.  Address and everything is in the first post of the AZ thread.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2010, 12:04:31 AM by LoliSauce »
---

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 05, 2010, 05:00:28 PM »
Just as I mentioned to LoliSauce (doesn't look like he relayed it in this thread, maybe in person?), it would be helpful if people bring their own bedding to the house if they want to stay. We don't really have blankets to spare. There's a loveseat, a couch, two recliners, and a large tile floor to sleep on. bellreisa and Spidey are coming, dunno if they are claiming first dibs. You guys can duke it out.

DUKE OUT

Offline Prinny

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 05, 2010, 08:19:30 PM »
Thanks Choco.

Dibs on couch!  ;D
LIBERATION!

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 05, 2010, 08:45:31 PM »
yo i don't if it's too late to ask.. but i was wondering i can stay at somebody's room/ or house.. i don't mind spending some change to stay.. much appreciated if peeps can'
Basically... kind of a big deal....

Offline Prinny

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 05, 2010, 08:51:28 PM »
Oni: White Len Combo Video

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm10611581

Watch it, love it, make babies with it....lol j/k.

@Nas: Hmm, I'll talk with Lolisauce and the rest of the group about it while we're heading over to AZ. You should receive a reply around oh, I wanna say sometime early next week. (Monday or Tuesday), maybe sooner.
LIBERATION!

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 06, 2010, 02:49:57 AM »
yo i don't if it's too late to ask.. but i was wondering i can stay at somebody's room/ or house.. i don't mind spending some change to stay.. much appreciated if peeps can'

For Evo?  I'm packed up like crazy for Evo, so I don't think I'll be able to have another person staying with me.  I'll see if I can help you out though.

Don't get in over your head JoeNEET.  Lot of this stuff is completely impractical (but still cool as fuck).
---

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 06, 2010, 06:59:18 PM »
Friends! Please tell me your schedule. When you plan to head here and when do you plan on heading back? Much appreciated!

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 06, 2010, 10:59:23 PM »
Leaving vegas around 9-10pm friday night (4 hour drive or so to get to your place).  Leaving Saturday night (like midnight or something probably).  It'll be a short stay for us, but we'll see more of you guys during Devastation.
---

Offline Macc

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 07, 2010, 12:30:41 PM »
Best of luck guys in AZ this weekend.  Remember to bring the Paine!  :V :V :V

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 08, 2010, 03:08:25 AM »

@Nas: Hmm, I'll talk with Lolisauce and the rest of the group about it while we're heading over to AZ. You should receive a reply around oh, I wanna say sometime early next week. (Monday or Tuesday), maybe sooner.

yea let me know as soon as you can...
Basically... kind of a big deal....