hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Possible MB:AA:CC location? Southtown Arcade/GameCenter Arcade in SF and SM  (Read 66480 times)

Offline Reiki.Kito

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Possible MB:AA:CC location? Southtown Arcade in SF
« Reply #150 on: July 19, 2011, 12:52:44 AM »
This is what I've been saying for a long time, but nobody takes me seriously  :-[ I do appreciate you helping out, Tone, and hopefully we can do it big!

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 19, 2011, 11:06:01 PM »
I'll try and go next session.
what the fuck is this game

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 21, 2011, 04:47:50 PM »
Crossposted from Dustloop:

Since Super NCI is set for Aug 27, which is kind of far away, I think it'd be cool to have a gathering or two at Southtown to sharpen up and it may also possibly generate interest and raise our #s for Super NCI.

We've never been to Southtown and it's primarily a fighting game arcade so I think it could be some really good exposure for us if we headed up there. How many of you guys would be interested in that? If there's enough interest, we could run a mini NCI there.

I'd like to generate more hype for GG/VSAV and they have the arcade boards for both games so let's show them some love. For the pad warriors, we could have a console setup for GG. For the BB players, they also have a BBCS2 cabinet as well.

We can also have Melty Blood as well if there's enough interest.
thundering waterfalls

Offline Reiki.Kito

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 22, 2011, 03:31:03 AM »
Sounds like an amazing idea! Setups are not hard to do as long as it's not a ranbat day. For example, this weekend would not be good as it's a ranbat weekend, but the next weekend is okay. They set up tables, a television set, and all you need to do is bring your system/setup. So far, we're at 5 regulars and I'm working to get more. It shouldn't be hard to get two or three extra mates to stop by and play, but we'll see.

I'm glad to see you're getting active around Southtown and I bet your efforts will be rewarded as there's a lot of competitive people there.

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 22, 2011, 05:14:20 AM »
I'm not sure but I think we'll be aiming for a Saturday if possible. Is that fine with you guys? It seems like ranbats always happen on Sundays as well.
thundering waterfalls

Offline Reiki.Kito

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 22, 2011, 11:21:48 AM »
On saturdays, they're considering running CvS2, 3rd Strike, and maybe BB ranking battles. That's why I mentioned ranbat weekends. If you talk to them, they should be able to tell you when it'll be okay. If they stream on saturday too, you likely will have no room.

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 22, 2011, 03:10:03 PM »
I'm already been in touch with Southtown for some time now. I'm asking you if your guys are generally free on Saturdays or not.
thundering waterfalls

Offline Reiki.Kito

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 22, 2011, 05:51:35 PM »
I can always ask. My only issue is it conflicting with the Sunday event if we're running them on the same weekend as some of them come from Vallejo and Fairfield.

Other than that, most of them are regulars or locals.

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 22, 2011, 06:56:18 PM »
Well I know Tone comes from Fairfield for the Sunday KOF ranbat but it doesn't seem like they have the next KOF ranbat scheduled yet. I heard they were supposed to become a regular event like a biweekly but there's no dates listed. AFAIK the only event we would be conflicting with is the KOF ranbat but let me know what other events our players might overlap into and feel conflicted about.

Also are you guys going to consider coming to the NCI in late August? It's probably going to be at the Etrium.

thundering waterfalls

Offline Reiki.Kito

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 22, 2011, 11:45:42 PM »
The KoF ranking battles are biweekly. They are on the same day as the AE and MvC3 ranbats. MvC3 and KoF ranking battles start at 1 and Ae starts at 5 on Sunday this sunday. On Dreamcancel.com, I have the entire event, rules, and future dates posted. If you run the event biweekly like I do for Gamecenter/Southtown on Saturday, you'll have nobody to contend with. There's one saturday every month that I cannot go anywhere till after noon because I help with a 600 man tournament for a game called S4 League.

I would not mind traveling if I am working. I cannot confirm I can go because I am not working until the 8th of August. I'll google up the Etrium, but what city is it again?

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 23, 2011, 02:22:31 AM »
Okay so what do you run on Saturdays...? And which Saturday would you be busy next month?

And yeah I was planning to run it on a Saturday but I figured it'd be better for people if I didn't have it the day before a ranbat.

So KOF is on Jul 24th, Aug 7 and 21 which is on the same day as the AE/Mvc3 ranbats.

The Etrium is in Union City and the date is tentative but it's supposed to be the 27th and will be after the 8th for sure.
thundering waterfalls

Offline Reiki.Kito

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 23, 2011, 11:54:14 AM »
It's usually the first or last saturday of the month. Yea, if you run it biweekly, you won't have to worry about ranbats. However, this weekend (specifically today), GameCenter has a Gundam vs. Gundam tourny and tomorrow is ranbats for Southtown. It's a crazy weekend.

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 23, 2011, 02:54:35 PM »
Saturday is fine, usually. Dakanya, do you have the etrium's number, can you pm it to me? I need to get a hold of them for ST stuff but they're not answering emails...
what the fuck is this game

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 23, 2011, 05:09:27 PM »
@Mizuki: I'm not in contact with the Etrium myself so I don't have their phone number.

@Reiki: Well anyways, I'll probably pick a date on Monday. Next Saturday seems open but it's going to be EVO weekend lol... I think everyone will want to stay home and watch it.
thundering waterfalls

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 24, 2011, 01:46:07 PM »
Haven't checked back in a while. Working Mon - Sat now. Are there still weekly gatherings on Sundays?

Offline breadbread

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2011, 06:06:56 PM »
Sooo what's going on here?  When's the next session if any?
All stoic girls are so cool.  All except those who can see magical lines and cracks because they're high.

Offline Reiki.Kito

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 24, 2011, 08:23:21 PM »
This thursday at GameCenter is still on. We start at 6 and end at 10 or 11 depending on the group.

Sunday at Southtown is still going on as well. We start at 1 and end at 7 or whenever depending on the group. 10 at the latest.

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 25, 2011, 09:12:17 AM »
For Gamecenter EX, if I buy a wristband for $7, will I be good for Melty Blood as well?
thundering waterfalls

Offline Reiki.Kito

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 25, 2011, 04:11:17 PM »
There are two reasons why I charge $5 for the GameCenter session. For one, it's a pretty easy number to manage and is slightly cheaper than the wristband. Also, it's to help pay for the television. It costs 7 dollars per hour per tv. If we have just one set-up and 5-6 people, we'd only be able to pay for 4 hours for one television. Which is the rough estimate. All the left overs are for game center.

I can talk to Myung about a deal, but I can't promise that'll work.

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 25, 2011, 05:58:22 PM »
yeah I already know all of that.... I'll just ask Myung myself
thundering waterfalls

Offline Tone

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • ain't no god in the sky, it's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 26, 2011, 09:16:07 AM »
still willing to show up for whatever happens on any given sat or sun, ranbat or not  :toot:
da  only mb player in north bay, get hype!

Offline Reiki.Kito

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 26, 2011, 12:38:54 PM »
Thanks Tone! :-) Will be doing a gathering for Melty this Sunday at Southtown!

EDIT:

For GameCenter's Melty Mashup this week, we are in need of a few things for a possible second tv set up. If anyone has a PS2, copy of the game, and component cables, that would be awesome if you brought them. If you have all three, I'll pay your 5 dollar kickin for you for contributing.

Bring your sticks if you like, I'll bring a my controller!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 02:54:28 PM by Reiki.Kito »

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 26, 2011, 05:08:33 PM »
we got your second setup covered
thundering waterfalls

Offline Reiki.Kito

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 28, 2011, 03:38:39 PM »
Heading out now, should be there by 6!

EDIT: Good crowd and special thanks to Dakanya and Tsubasa for coming all the way out! Thanks a bunch guys!

Just to let you know it's SUUUUUUPER Sunday at Southtown Arcade and it's going to be great for everyone who comes out! Announcement will come at 8 PM!
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 05:14:16 PM by Reiki.Kito »

Offline dakanya

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 30, 2011, 12:21:01 AM »
you should just double post next time. the thread isn't going to get looked at if there isn't a new post.

anyways it seems like nci is going to be pushed back to sept 3. if you guys want to get competent and/or serious about melty, you guys should practice up and come out to play.
thundering waterfalls