hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Texas community? lawl, wut?  (Read 136121 times)

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
Re: Texas community? lawl, wut?
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2011, 09:52:05 PM »
Hey guys, just moved in to Houston (Pearland specifically) and wanted to say hello to the Melty crowd.  Does anyone host or play games here? 
digitalpugilist.com

Offline Synyster Spirit

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
    • Synyster's Harmonious Spot
« Reply #126 on: September 03, 2011, 09:59:36 PM »
Animefest has been pretty fun so far. Lots of people coming to check out Melty.

Offline cookie`

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • YOITHINK OF ANIMEEEEEEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 07, 2011, 10:16:41 PM »
hello world

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 07, 2011, 10:41:51 PM »
AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! IT'S COOKIE-MECHSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 :psyduck: :slowpoke: :slowpoke: :slowpoke: :slowpoke: :slowpoke:

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #129 on: September 08, 2011, 05:00:12 AM »
AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! IT'S COOKIE-MECHSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 :psyduck: :slowpoke: :slowpoke: :slowpoke: :slowpoke: :slowpoke:

Time are you going to play Powered Ciel when she comes out?
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 08, 2011, 06:39:52 AM »
Time are you going to play Powered Ciel when she comes out?

If by Time you mean Tim, then yes. I'll check her out, but I doubt I'll play her often unless she feels right.
Ciel is my favorite character after all.

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 08, 2011, 07:37:43 AM »
Traitor. Right when i officially start. Picking hvshi up, too. :<
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 08, 2011, 11:13:58 AM »
Traitor. Right when i officially start. Picking hvshi up, too. :<

:laffo:
Nah, I mean I don't think I'm going to change my main from H-VSion, but I will play with PCiel. New content and all, have to check it out.
Prolly see me play more F-Warc than PCiel :fap:. F-Warc seems like more :toot:.

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 15, 2011, 05:24:25 PM »
Texas Tim, do you still play Melty by chance?  I'd love to get some games in with you!
digitalpugilist.com

Offline Synyster Spirit

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 15, 2011, 05:28:06 PM »
Texas Tim, do you still play Melty by chance?  I'd love to get some games in with you!

I meet up with Tim and a group of others to play Melty every weekend or so.

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 15, 2011, 06:13:54 PM »
Oh man.  Unfortunately I'm going back home for a week for a wedding but I would definitely love to play you guys.  I'll pm you my phone number.  Much thanks!
digitalpugilist.com

Offline Synyster Spirit

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 15, 2011, 06:15:43 PM »
Oh man.  Unfortunately I'm going back home for a week for a wedding but I would definitely love to play you guys.  I'll pm you my phone number.  Much thanks!

I should mention we play in Denton, so if you're all the way out in Houston, that's a long ways away.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 15, 2011, 08:13:28 PM »
Yes, I do. There is a small group that play in the DFW area.
Sorry, I did not respond to your post above b/c you said Huston is where you lived. It's like a 6 to 7 hour drive one way.
If you're willing to drive up here, we host games every weekend, and a couple of us play during the week too. (Kinda slowed down weekday play due to university.)
If there are more people in Huston that play, maybe we could alternate when you drive up or we drive down, or meet 'half way' or something.
I'm not totally opposed to driving 6-7 hours to play, but I can't do it every week. I already drive a lot just between Denton, Ft Worth, and Dallas every week.
Having said all that I would also love to play with you too. We are trying to expand our player base in DFW, and Texas in general.

I guess I can tell a little about the scene in DFW area, which includes Denton, Ft Worth, Dallas, and everything in between.
There are at least 7 players here with skill levels ranging from beginners to top US players. I know of more, but they do not frequent these forums, and I have no other way of contacting them.
In no particular order they are:
TexasTim- Denton/Ft Worth(NRH)
Denthorn- Denton/Ft Worth(Keller)
Pfhor- Denton
Oldboy- Denton
Synyster Spirit- Lewisville
Cookie- Dallas (Carrollton)
Qpunch- Ft Worth(Bedford)

We primarily meet up on Saturdays, in Denton near University of North Texas. But every month or so we bring melty to a larger meet-up in Dallas.

As far as we are concerned, we are the ONLY scene in Texas, and there are no other scenes. I've only heard vague suggestions and rumors of other scenes in Huston San Antonio, and Austin. I mean, Austin had CC for months and did absolutely nothing with it until they sold it. They hosted zero events, or if they did, no one knew about them, and they did not bother to promote them. I guarantee that we in DFW would have driven down every time (with in reason) if we knew an event was going on for melty. There was absolutely no reason for CC to get sold if the locals hosted events for it. I can only conclude that Austin has no scene. If they did, I might direct you to them, as they are like 2 or 3 hours away from you.

I'd like to issue a challenge to the rest of this state. Regardless of whether or not you have a local scene, I would like for you to post in here with where you are and who plays or wants to play (especially if you live in DFW!!!). Get a little more organized with at least some locations and names. Let the rest of us know you exist. That way, ol' CPhame here wont have to drive 6-7 hours to play. If you know of people that play, but don't post here, list them too.

With a little organization, we could get something like a Texas REGION going, which could lead to a regional tourney every 2/3/6 months (or however often people want it). I'd love to see it, but I have no proof of any Texas region. Only DFW :-\.

-TexasTim-

Edit: I guess I can edit this post with names and locations of people that respond.

CPhame- Houston
Skwuck- Auston/RGV
DrgnAK- Ft Worth(Arlington)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2011, 10:56:19 PM by TheMaster_Rahl »

Offline cookie`

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • YOITHINK OF ANIMEEEEEEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 15, 2011, 10:46:45 PM »
yeah tim actually I am in carrollton, not richardson

conveniently located in the middle of everywhere else everyone seems to live

also whoa synyster is in lewisville? damn son you are closer than I thought

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 15, 2011, 11:29:20 PM »
I see, that's really informative.  So Denton is the place to be, followed by the DFW area.  Gotcha.

I remember at Evo 2010 there were a few guys from Texas who roomed with Shin's group, but I don't remember where they were from.  I could've sworn they were from Houston or some area around there...but I guess maybe not.  I was hoping to run into them here.

And I can't be the only guy in Houston.  That leaves me in the same position as it did back home.  We had four players there and even more up in KC.  No one took it too seriously, sadly.  There seems to be a fairly moderate AH3 scene here.  Maybe some of those guys play.  I'll keep trying.

Thanks for the heads up.  I'll try to visit Denton sometime in the near future before the year ends.
digitalpugilist.com

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 16, 2011, 01:55:44 AM »
yo im from the same place as omeboi furix..i played the game with him a couple of times..me and my bro played it too...but prety much no one else plays it down there so gave up on it..

there is 2 players in houston? thats a start...

i just moved up here...

i really liked the game..so i wana keep playing it..

let me know where games happen or wot eva..

also i wana play ah3...but dont know any of those players or if there is a forum or what ever for it..
i live close to pz

Those of you in Houston interested in playing this game, talk to the Blazblue players. Most of us have at the very least played it, if not, either gotten lots of play time with it, or show some interest in it. I don't think people post on this, but thats all thats really need to be said about the scene so far in Houston. And of course, I'm willing to play any fighting game out there (except for MAhvEl), so of course i'll be down for some play, but i don't own the physical game.

Only 2 posts I've seen from Huston. Going on a year old now. The top guy has 2 posts, last active 12 Aug 2010. Bottom guy has 1 post, last active 09 Nov 2010.
You may have better luck finding them on dustloop or homing cancel.
And yeah, sry for the ranting above, just thought it might motivate people a little.
I hope we can play while your in Texas. Pfhor and I go to some of the majors that host melty every year. I'm pretty sure I'm going to NEC and FR. I do go up to the east coast to play about once a year at someones random local event.
And if I get wind of anything more local, I'll try and let you know. There was an event in OK recently. Might consider going to ARK's events. And I can prolly be talked into going to more anime cons if we can find a cheap place to stay.
Other than that, it's one hell of a drive to Huston.

-TexasTim-

Offline Skwuck

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • A New World Order
« Reply #141 on: September 16, 2011, 07:36:44 AM »
As far as the Austin scene goes... MBAACC didn't get enough play because the scene was me and a few regulars at AUFO who really weren't -that- into melty. =/ I pretty much was the one who played it all the time on weekends and rarely got some actual matches in. When it came to tournaments for melty, there was like only one. And it didn't even happen because 1) It started late due to bad planning/busy with SF4 or whatever and 2) when it finally was going to start, not enough people had signed up, since people who mightve played had left by then (it started like 6 hours later than it was supposed to). It was a little depressing. And I haven't made much effort myself so I wouldn't know where to start. I'm trying to get a small thing going down here on campus but it's hard to with a fighter like melty when most people who -are- into fighters are into ones like MvC3 and SSF4. So it feels like I'm the one of the rare few who would want to meet up for this game for casuals and the like. (Surprisingly my suitemate has played melty before and he wasn't bad either, so I guess I'm a little lucky there but I dunno if he'd be into getting into it again.)

I DO know there's a tiny RGV scene, that I visit and play with when I go home over the summer, and they're decent, at least one or two really know what they're doing and are good. I myself am alright (I went to Final Round last year and did okay I guess for my first time at a "major" if that would be considered one, we played some games iirc Texas Tim). I wouldn't really know much about other areas otherwise, though I do have a friend in San Antonio who visits me every so often (he's visiting today) and we play games and such. He's picking up melty for sure and is doing pretty good in the learning process.

Anyways, to answer your roll call, I'm a Melty Player from the RGV, I main H-Sion at the moment but have picked up H-Miyako (and know basic H-Koha stuff) and am in the process of learning C-Kohaku. I also play Arcana and Wonderful World(poverty fighter) decently, and I don't mind mashing other games as well. The RGV group I played melty with consisted of about 5 who played regularly-ish, and I don't know how much bigger it got since I've left.

A Texas regional sounds amazing. I'd love to go to something like that. I really want to play people at this game and get better. Sadly it's kinda hard for me to travel but who knows, maybe that'll change. I dunno yet.

While I'm here, I might as well reach out and ask that any melty players in Austin who see this, if you're willing to meet up sometime and organize something, I'd love to meet up as well.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 07:40:11 AM by Skwuck »
Current Main: H-Sion
Alt: H-Kohaku
Planning on switching to H/C-Kohaku soon.

Offline Synyster Spirit

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 16, 2011, 09:56:02 AM »
yeah tim actually I am in carrollton, not richardson

conveniently located in the middle of everywhere else everyone seems to live

also whoa synyster is in lewisville? damn son you are closer than I thought

Let's play Melty sometime. Or teach me to play Arcana Fart.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 16, 2011, 10:13:35 AM »
If I'm not mistaken, RGV is Rio Grand Valley, the area between Brownsville and Rio Grand City-ish.
Yeah iirc Brownsville is about a 12 hour drive from DFW. (LOL 12 hours of driving and still in Texas!! :psyduck:)
I do believe I remember you from FR last year Skwuck. You sent me to losers iirc. I'm such ass at mirror matches. :emo:
Well, I'd like to invite you to come play up here any time you want. Austin is only like 3-4 hours drive.

As far as where to start looking for people, does UTA have something like a fighting game/general game club that hosts events?
When I started going to UNT about 2 years ago, there was no scene in DFW. But a games club was hosting an event on campus for lots of fighters. MBAA had recently been released.
I had the game, but did not have a PS2 to play it on at the time. So I was running it on an emulator on my laptop. I just went to the event and set-up my laptop to see if anyone there knew of the game. I had never played fighters before, so I just went into training mode and practiced combos. It did not take long for people to ask what the game was and if they could try it out. Eventually, pfhor showed up and said that MBAA was his main game and asked to play. Then the 'scene' was me and pfhor for a while, until I found more people.

I found most of the people that play now by just taking the game out in public and playing it.
If you already know of a fighting game group that meets in Austin, just take melty there. MvC3 is pretty similar to melty. Most Arcana players I know play melty. Many BB and GG players I know play melty.

You might try and get to know the people in the Japanese language program there. I have found people who know about MB who are learning Japanese. You may find a Japanese person that knows how to play. Or you can try the anime club (long shot imo). Thats about all I can think of.

-TexasTim-

Edit:
Anyways, to answer your roll call, I'm a Melty Player from the RGV, I main H-Sion at the moment but have picked up H-Miyako (and know basic H-Koha stuff) and am in the process of learning C-Kohaku.
Oh wait, I just realized you said H-Sion and not H-VSion... Derp. Yeah I remember now. Not that many people played casuals last year.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 05:00:09 PM by TheMaster_Rahl »

Offline Synyster Spirit

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2011, 10:50:19 AM »
I know where Houston is at, but where is Huston located, Tim?

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2011, 12:01:26 PM »
Are you from Texas? I believe both are correct then... :V

Offline Synyster Spirit

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 16, 2011, 12:06:01 PM »
Are you from Texas? I believe both are correct then... :V

I moved here from Chicago.

I've never heard nor seen it as Huston in my life. I don't believe you.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 16, 2011, 01:48:43 PM »
You've never heard the term 'who-ston' (= Huston) before?

Offline Synyster Spirit

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 16, 2011, 01:51:33 PM »
Nope. Is this some kind of accent thing phonetically spelled?

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 17, 2011, 01:43:08 AM »
Yo cookie, we are playing melty this sunday @ 3pm-whenever. If you wana come up to denton, let me know and I can pm you an addy to google.
Prolly be melee too, and BB on request I think.

-TexasTim-