When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Texas community? lawl, wut?  (Read 135927 times)

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
Re: Texas community? lawl, wut?
« Reply #225 on: November 13, 2011, 11:37:36 PM »
Six days till the 19th. I'm pretty hyped.  :prinny: To everyone planning to attend:

-The event will be held at my house in North Richland Hills (North East Ft. Worth)
-As far as I know, it will be a Friday night, all day Saturday, and Sunday morning/early afternoon event. (Guess it really depends on the Houston/Austin ppl driving up as to when we start and end.)
-Anyone who comes is free to sleep at the event, or commute back and forth from wherever if you don't mind the drive and gas.
***Remember the rules of the house:
As of now, my mom has requested 2 things:
- Stay out of her room.
- Don't raid the wet bar, pantry, kitchen, or fridge for food and drink.
All the food and drinks there are not mine, so I can't give them out. But I'ma buy some stuffs, and the things too. :mystery:

For those driving to my house, PM me for the address. A lot of highways are real close to my house: 820, 121, 183, 35, 30. I can prolly give you good directions if I know where you are coming from.

For those that would like to come, but need a ride: Tell me you need a ride and I will come get you. Please tell me if you need a ride. This is not a good excuse to miss this opportunity to play what are pretty much out of state-ers by most people's standards.

For those that would like to come but can't be there during the whole event: Just come when you can and play some MB. Some folks are driving a long way to come play our scrub asses. Lets make it worth it for em by being there.
We will likely play other games as well, but I'ma be playing Melty the whole time pretty much. :mystery:

If you know anyone that has expressed interest in playing MB, let them know about this event, these boards, and this thread.

Unfortunately (maybe), I don't yet know how to run a stream, but I will be recording stuff through out the weekend. Bring your A game gentlemen.  :V

Remember to get the :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: done before you come...

-TexasTim-

Edit: On the off chance that it gets more people to come, I'ma post this in the event calender.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 11:44:46 PM by TheMaster_Rahl »

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 14, 2011, 12:10:34 PM »
Shoot me a pm, please.  I'm working Friday night, but will be making that pilgrimage on Saturday as soon as possible.  Do I need to bring any food items or cold beverages?  And what in the world do you mean by:

Remember to get the :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: :fap: done before you come...

I don't even...
digitalpugilist.com

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 14, 2011, 12:47:29 PM »
Shoot me a pm, please.  I'm working Friday night, but will be making that pilgrimage on Saturday as soon as possible.  Do I need to bring any food items or cold beverages?  And what in the world do you mean by:

I don't even...

Good to know. I suggest you get up very early to start driving. Like, be leaving at 6am, early. Have whoever you are driving up here in your car by then too. I recommend you do the prep work, ie gas, ect., Friday night after work. Make sure your car is good to drive the distance, ie good tires, no leaks, ect.
It's totally up to you of course, but I can't see it being worth the drive unless you get here by the early afternoon. It's about an 8-9 hour drive, iirc. One way.
Don't spend anymore money that you have to. Just get what you need for the trip up. I'm going to buy drinks and some snack items, and drive us to eat places. I'm a terrible cook, so I plan on eating out every meal.
And, that is just my way of reminding people... to... take care of...what is truly important to them in life. :laffo:
Realy just telling people to do what they need to do to get here, and do it safely, mixed in with about 3 jokes that only I'm going to understand... :gonk:
You can replace all the  :fap: with the word 'work', and apply a very broad definition to it, and get about the equivalent meaning of what I was saying. lol... :blah:

Are you planning on taking 45 up? If so, I recommend you skirt Dallas via 287 at Alma/Waxahachie, then you'll hit 20, then 820 which you will, unfortunately, have to take North until you get to my house. But I can give you a route that will skirt the worst of the traffic you might face on 820. I'll PM you that info as well.

-TexasTim-

Offline Pfhor

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Beyond the 1% barrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 14, 2011, 06:13:53 PM »
Tim can say weird shit sometimes.

PM me the address btw tim so I can tell it to a dude in fort worth who might be coming.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 14, 2011, 07:27:45 PM »
To the people that are already in the DFW area:

I am going to go to my house on Friday to clean up, set up, ect.
Even though the Houston guys won't be here till Saturday afternoon, if you would like to come Friday night to play, feel free.
You even have the option of staying over if you so choose. It's totally up to you individually if you would like to come Friday or Saturday.
I'm currently operating under the assumption that everyone will come Saturday afternoon, like 12-3pm-ish, since the Houston guys won't be here till Saturday afternoon.

-TexasTim-

Offline cookie`

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • YOITHINK OF ANIMEEEEEEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 15, 2011, 03:51:09 PM »
I will most likely come down on saturday as I have work until 5:00 on friday and it would probably take me quite a while through traffic to get to the house if it's in Fort Worth. If anyone needs a ride on saturday I could offer my services also.

oh, I'll probably bring my ps3 setup for some arcana action also, and possibly some food and drink stuffs as well

Offline Joindate:2012

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 15, 2011, 05:40:51 PM »
why would yall have a get together not in austin on the same weekend as a ufo tourney....  :psyduck:

that said i look forward to the netplay come december/jan....
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 06:37:10 PM by Joindate:2012 »

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 15, 2011, 06:38:08 PM »
I will most likely come down on saturday as I have work until 5:00 on friday and it would probably take me quite a while through traffic to get to the house if it's in Fort Worth. If anyone needs a ride on saturday I could offer my services also.

oh, I'll probably bring my ps3 setup for some arcana action also, and possibly some food and drink stuffs as well

Yeah I was going to say that you and Synister might want to carpool down. I have a PS3 at my house, but I was thinking that we might want more than one, so bring it. You have Synister's number?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 06:44:56 PM by TheMaster_Rahl »

Offline cookie`

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • YOITHINK OF ANIMEEEEEEE
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 15, 2011, 07:48:51 PM »
I do have his number, so I can pester him about it sometime during the week if need be

(assuming I remember to call/text him at all)

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 15, 2011, 10:41:23 PM »
why would yall have a get together not in austin on the same weekend as a ufo tourney....  :psyduck:

Priorities, my friend.  Do what you gotta do.  Denton has hookups nearly every week, so don't miss them.  And if you're looking for someone to blame for the date, blame me.  I chose the date off the top of my head.

@Skwuck: any news of your situation?
digitalpugilist.com

Offline Skwuck

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • A New World Order
« Reply #235 on: November 16, 2011, 08:48:17 PM »
There's a small chance of me going actually. What day would you be picking me up: Friday or Saturday? x: Or how would the plan go? The project has made some progress, and if there's net access there, I might even be able to work on it while I'm there.
Current Main: H-Sion
Alt: H-Kohaku
Planning on switching to H/C-Kohaku soon.

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 16, 2011, 10:46:57 PM »
Was planning on leaving Friday night after work(11PM) or extremely early on Saturday.
digitalpugilist.com

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 17, 2011, 12:29:44 PM »
There's a small chance of me going actually. What day would you be picking me up: Friday or Saturday? x: Or how would the plan go? The project has made some progress, and if there's net access there, I might even be able to work on it while I'm there.

There is net access at my house. You bringing a loptop? The comp my mom has there is rather old and slow. Like it's a Dell that's like 10 years old or so. Made when Dell made quality computers...

Offline Foxstepceo

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 17, 2011, 06:26:53 PM »
CPHame:  Man, just crazy busy and lots of sleeping lately.  x_X;  Can't wait to game up again bro!

TheMaster_Rahl:  I haven't been to a convention in.....hmmm....ever I think.  Does QuakeCon count?  But I'll toss you a PM for the address if it's cool, if there's room I'll be bringing another MB'er.   Not sure who all plays what, but I'll bring the following games just in case on my PS2 HD:

MB:AA
GG:AC
FUC
CvS2
Basara

Offline Skwuck

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • A New World Order
« Reply #239 on: November 17, 2011, 09:16:27 PM »
I miiight be going.... And I might have my own ride to the place: a friend who also has been learning. So it'd be us two, and you wouldn't have to go out of your way CPhame. But I still don't know yet. I'll try to have an answer asap though... ><;

Offline Skwuck

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
    • A New World Order
« Reply #240 on: November 18, 2011, 10:04:10 AM »
Forgive my double post, but doing so just in case people don't notice an edit; CPhame, you can go ahead and go, if I do go, I've got my own ride, and if not, oh well. Sorry for letting you know so late, but I hope in the end it saves you trouble instead of causes it, since you won't have to go out of your way (hoping you see this before you get off work..). I suppose I can post again later if I do go or not, but just letting you know that you don't have to come get me.

It feels likely that I'll go but we'll see.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 18, 2011, 03:21:39 PM »
Forgive my double post, but doing so just in case people don't notice an edit; CPhame, you can go ahead and go, if I do go, I've got my own ride, and if not, oh well. Sorry for letting you know so late, but I hope in the end it saves you trouble instead of causes it, since you won't have to go out of your way (hoping you see this before you get off work..). I suppose I can post again later if I do go or not, but just letting you know that you don't have to come get me.

It feels likely that I'll go but we'll see.

Just let us know when you know.

I got a text from Skwuck. Skwuck +1 is on their way up. Just to confirm, CPhame, you do not need to pick him up in Austin. Take the route of your choice up. It's prolly about the same distance going to Austin and then up 35 to FT Worth as it is going up 45 then over 287 to FT Worth.

Safe travels everyone.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, 03:39:08 PM by TheMaster_Rahl »

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 21, 2011, 01:56:12 AM »
I'd like to thank everyone that came to my house this last weekend. You all made this event a huge success, beyond my expectations.
A total of 11 people showed up, 4 or 5 of which are pretty much considered out of state: (I hope I remembered everyone's names)
TexasTim (Denton)
Denthorn (Denton)  :bleh: Worst/best Kouma in Texas...
Pfhor (Denton)  :bleh:
Oldboy (Denton)  :bleh:
Cookie (Carrollton)  :bleh:
QPunch (Bedford) Hope you had fun man. Come out when you can. :bleh:
FoxStepCEO (Ft Worth) Been waiting for you to turn up since SuperBitWars. :emo: See you when you can make it to our regular meet-ups.
KosMos(?) (Oklahoma ?)  :psyduck: Too gdlk for showing up. ;D Hope to see you next month.
CPhame (Houston) Thanks for coming. Hope you can play more MB in Houston. Nice to meet you. Although I may have met you before... :mystery:
Skwuck (Austin) Loved playing your Sion. Thanks for coming. I also think I played you before, but I could be wrong.
Nick (San Antonio) I don't remember your handle. A Texas Hisui player? wut? :o Thanks for coming up. Good to meet you. I want to play against more Hisui. :gonk:

KosMos, FoxStepCEO, CPhame, Skwuck, Nick: Thanks so much for making the trip out to play Melty. Excellent play from you all. In no small part you all brought the hype, and contributed much to make this event such a success. You all are more than welcome to come play again.
A special thanks to Chris for showing up, quite unexpectedly. When I heard that Matt was coming, maybe with a friend from OK, I was kinda hoping you might come so I could get some run backs from SuperBitWars. It's so much fun playing Melty with you.
I hope that coming to play us in North Texas was worth the drive. It was certainly worth it for us.
I don't know if it is just the unique experience of hosting an event like this or not, but my level of enjoyment from this event is equal to or greater than any of the other events I've gone to in the past. To me, it was well worth the expenses in time and money. I would not mind at all hosting more in the future, as often as you guys can and want to make the trip.

To the DFW guys: Thanks for coming out and rep-ing DFW. I hope you all enjoyed it as thoroughly as I did. I'll see you next weekend. ;)

To those that could not make it out: It's too bad, you all missed one hell of a good time along with free snacks, beer, soda, Gundam Getto Assault 2 aka secret main game, and Melty. Hope to see you guys at the next one when and if it happens. :V

I'm going to edit, encode and upload all the footage I recorded from the weekend. I've been kinda using it as a tool to watch the things that I do wrong and try and catch things to work on. So I won't leave any out. It's not as structured as I'd like it to be, but I was way too busy to be monitoring the recording set-up for that kind of thing.

If anyone has suggestions for how it could have gone better, let me know and I'll try to implement some of them at the next one. Especially if it would have saved you money, please tell me.
I'm kinda interested if you all thought there was enough room to play/sleep. I think so, but then again, I've been to events where the entire floor space was covered with furniture or people. Also, if you guys think I should make a topic in the events thread the next time around, or if using this thread is sufficient, were there enough snacks, set-ups, ect. Stuff like that.

Lost and Found:
Black PS2 to PS2 Controller Extension Cable                1ea       Found under the entertainment center with the big TV.
Blue PS2 8Mb Memory Card                                          1ea       Found in the PS2 set-up on the big TV.
Key w/ Red/White Hello Kitty Cover (Mushroom Hat)    1ea       Found in my room on the floor; the room Skwuck slept in.

PM me with claims. I can mail them to the address of your choice.

Time for some well deserved sleep...

-TexasTim-

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 22, 2011, 08:59:47 AM »
Good games to everybody, and a big thank you goes out to Tim for being a most excellent host.  It was great to finally be able to put names to faces.  I'd like to say more, but ever since I got back to Houston I've been hard pressed for time so I'll keep it nice and short.

Looking forward to the next one!
digitalpugilist.com

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 23, 2011, 12:35:41 PM »
It prolly goes without saying, but there will prolly not be a Melty meet-up in Denton this weekend due to Thanksgiving.
I know that me and Pat are going back home. I don't plan on coming back up till Sunday night.

-TexasTim-

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 25, 2011, 06:49:40 PM »
I'm back at my mom's house this weekend for the holidays, and noticed that the usb plug for charging/pluging in wireless PS3 controllers on my PS3 in the living room is gone.
It's a short little cable, I'd say like 1-2 feet maybe.
Does anyone remember moving it, or using it? Maybe when the other PS3 was set-up in the kitchen you guys used it?
It's the only one I own here, so my mom can't charge the 'remote' for her 'blue ray player' without it.
I remember it being plugged into the PS3 in the living room, on the floor, by the big CRT, at the start of the weekend.
Let me know if someone picked it up by mistake, or left it in a weird spot in my house.

-TexasTim-

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 30, 2011, 12:18:57 PM »
Well, I forgot to mention this. I'm not going to be in town this weekend. I'm going to NEC in Philly.
So for the meet-up this weekend, you guys are going to have to talk to Denthorn, aka Pat aka best Kouma in Texas...
He doesn't post much so just PM him for details, if he's even going to run stuff this weekend. I haven't talked to him yet.

-TexasTim-

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 09, 2011, 12:07:57 PM »
Melty this Sunday at Pat's in Denton at 3pm. :V

Sorry, I'm a little late posting this.
Been busy...

-TexasTim-

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 21, 2011, 12:36:54 PM »
Pat and I were wanting to host some games before the holidays.
I was thinking Friday, the 23rd.
It'd be at my place in Fort Worth, the same house I hosted the event that the Houston/Austin guys traveled up for.
We'd prolly be playing the 1.07 demo. :V
Pat and I will prolly play regardless, but if more people want to show up, fell free.
We'll prolly get more regular meet-ups back in Denton when the winter break is over. In the mean time, I'll host at my place in NRH.

-TexasTim-

Offline KOS-MOS

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 28, 2011, 12:35:11 PM »
Yo! KOS-MOS from OK here. Hope you guys had a good Christmas/etc. Anyone preoder MBAACC? I might come back down to Texas sometime next month.