When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Atlas Academy > Shiki Ryougi

1.07 H-Ryougi

(1/28) > >>

CPhame:
Starting a new thread dedicated to Half moon style Ryougi.  She's a little worse for the wear, but still versatile and stuff and stuff.

Changes to 1.07:

+ 5A is now one frame faster (6 frames).
+ 2B is now two frames faster (9 frames).
+ 63214B has faster startup.
+ Crouching picks up knife automatically in neutral state.
+ 22A_B_C manual knife pick up command now has less recovery frames.
+ 236A 236A 236C rekka ender is now EX cancelable.
+ 236C now has two additional invincibility frames on startup (7 frames).
+ 236C and 623C can OTG after untechable knockdown.

- 2C now has two less active frames (14-16 frames).
- 4C is now two frames slower (27 frames).
- j.A hitbox slightly smaller.
- j.B hitbox reduced in size, one frame slower (8 frames).
http://i.imgur.com/3VFms.png
- j.6B hitbox reduced in size, one frame slower (8 frames).
http://i.imgur.com/VkcOY.png
- j.C hitbox reduced in size.
http://i.imgur.com/T8JtV.png
- 236A character hitbox increased slightly.
- 214A lands outside of corner during combos.
- 41236C Arc Drive is now escapeable after super flash.
- Overall health reduced to 11416 points (PS2 level).
- Rising rate now slower, increased to 15 frames.
http://bit.ly/x1vLI7

Feel free to add any more data on additional changes.

LivingShadow:
Here's Fusui's H-Ryougi: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xlAYiSAvAE

H-Ryougi has way better options off of the j.22c ender.

weika:
Oh man, and I was JUST about to make a thread myself (and for F as well) Hahaha

So anyways, I think 2C is alot slower now? TK-ing j.236B after 2C seems to have this awkward timing to it but it's still doable.
Also, no 3C loop :'(
I don't think you can combo 623B from 3C now. Still have to check properly.

As far as corner combos go I did a quick one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35zrS4a-ev0

I think I can do more damage though, after j.B whiff 2C 3C 22A probably can work and could also add a 623B in there as well. Now to find the most optimal midscreen bnb :V

CPhame:
I've been watching those Fusui vids.  Really excellent work.  I've never really used 6AA that much in Actress Again, and from what I've heard, it's a much better anti-air device than before.  That's something she needed quite badly, imo.

Nice combo, Weika. I was worried Ryougi couldn't break 5k off of her regular corner combos anymore. Thanks for dispelling that myth.

Greg:
After maining h-ryougi for the past year and a half... I can't say I'm happy with what I've seen so far.

The 214A and 2C changes both suck hard. Pointlessly destroyed our old combos.

Good ol' (2a 2b 5bb 5c 2c tk236b 5bb 214a 2c 5c 22a 2c 3c 623b 236a 236a 236a) doesn't work anymore.

For whatever reason there's a weird space behind them when you 214A that makes you 2C in the opposite direction from MBAA. I still haven't figured out the circumstances exactly but depending on your timing (and I guess distance away from your opponent?) 2C may also decide to go the direction she used to go, so maybe you can get her to go the right direction with the right timing? Regardless, Not fun.

I can't tell if 2C is that much slower. I personally didn't have any problems combo'ing tk236b after it but the hitbox is definitely definitely significantly lower. You can't use the same timing you used for catching people with it in knife combos as you did in MBAA. The timing definitely feels tighter (gayer). 

I'm suddenly having a lot more trouble landing the knifeless midscreen rejump combo. I think they might have toned down the top of the hitbox on her JC but I'm not really sure. It may just be the new buffer fucking me up.

4c definitely feels slower. I'd say it feels about the speed of an average overhead now as opposed to an extremely fast one. I haven't actually looked at the frame data.

Ryougi does look like she has some better oki options off of a j22c ender but it still kinda seems like a waste of meter unless you want to burn meter to avoid going into heat. They can tech once they hit the ground so you need to tag them with a 2c before they land to get untechable knockdown. It doesn't really give her any new options because you simply could have done a ground combo that resulted in untechable knockdown and comparable oki. I guess you could try and create some sort of tech trap thing but, given a choice between untechable and techable knockdown.. I think I'd rather make sure that my opponent stays in the corner.

The new speed on the 63214 series was definitely needed to make the moveset more viable but it's still super retarded. I can't really in good conscience say that I think any of these will show themselves to be a useful tool. 63214a, the only marginally useful one is kinda just a bad 22a without the plus frames.

As for her health.... It's not any higher than it was in console. Her health was buffed for 1.05 but they nerfed it back down to around where it was originally for 1.07. When you consider the fact that she now has her old health back but lost what I think is in relation to the rest of the cast comparatively significant damage on all of her combos, it really does not leave her in good shape. Her low health was forgivable before because her damage was extremely formidable and her meter gain from the sweep loop made her significantly less mushy, however, now that she's lost both of those things, her health is crippling and retarded.

Positives:
*She has a strong reversal (22c)
*She has long normals with retarded clash frames

Negatives:
*She has no health
*She has mediocre damage
*Her normals have terrible recovery
*She has no mixup
*She lacks reliable tools (aka most of her specials side towards gimmicky or useless)
*She has no health

So, I've come to a point in my Melty career where I need to re-evaluate this character and decide whether or not to reinvest time into learning her new shit. Sadly,  I don't really think I can find a compelling reason to continue to play her. There are other characters that can simply do all the things that H-Ryougi does and they don't bleed nearly as much for it.  If anyone wants to point out the giant gaping holes in my arguments, go ahead.  :emo:

--- Quote from: CPhame on January 01, 2012, 10:44:33 PM ---Nice combo, Weika. I was worried Ryougi couldn't break 5k off of her regular corner combos anymore. Thanks for dispelling that myth.

--- End quote ---
He used 100% meter and it was on Ryougi (Psss... She has no defense!)

--- Quote from: weika on January 01, 2012, 10:16:27 PM ---I don't think you can combo 623B from 3C now. Still have to check properly.

--- End quote ---
It still works fine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version