When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: H-Sion in MBAA.  (Read 21921 times)

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
H-Sion in MBAA.
« on: August 19, 2009, 11:18:15 PM »
This is mostly a placeholder I plan to update as I find more stuff with H-Sion. If you got questions, im sure i have answers, if you found something i havent, id like to know.

WIKI LINK: http://mbaa.mizuumi.net/index.php/Sion_Eltnam_Atlasia

Normals
5a: Downward angle jab, good range, hits crouchers and has a rather high hit box to randomly hit people out of the air it seems.
>6a: After 5a sion attacks with her elbow.
>>6a: After the first 6a sion then kicks forward and launches her opponent. Able to air combo or combo into 214a/b/c afterwards.
2a: Same as her old 2a from MBAC. Does a medium range low kick. Great poke.
5b: Her short range knee kick from MBAC, moves her forward slightly. Something you can use to anti-air but not recommended, only if your feeling brave.
2b: Sion does a short crouching jab, slightly more range than her 5b. Not that good of a poke, only really a combo filler, doesn't move you forward and has pretty bad priority, but its really fast.
6b: Over head knee attack, combos into just about anything on hit, unsafe on block.
6[b.]: Charged version of her 6b. Makes it cancelable to anything on block which is nice since it comes out rather fast. Untechable bounce on hit.
5c: Sion does a high split kick (same as MBAC/C-moon 5c but with only one hit)
2c: Sion slides towards the opponent to trip them. this move is pretty safe on block even if you don't whiff cancel it. Also a GDLK tech punish.
3c: Sion does a double fist vollyball uppercut which launches. (same as her old 3b from MBAC/C-moon 3c) Comboable from 5c and 2c. unsafe on block.
6c: Double claw overhead attack. I havent found a way to combo off this move yet.
6[c]: Same as 6c but charged. Can combo 2b2c3c jbc jbc jc AT off of it.
j.a: Downward angled kick with a rather high hitbox. This is your go to move to keep people on the ground if your above them.
j.b: A weird short range arm swing attack. Terrible range and only really good in certain situations because its faster than j.c
j.c: Jumping somersault kick with a nice big hitbox. Your general air-to-anything move. If your opponent is above you this move is 80% going to beat anything they do, most moves that can beat it while your under them come out really slow. Unfortunatly if your ABOVE your opponent it loses to alot of things if you're bad at timing. Also counter hit fish with this.
j.[c]: same as jump c but charged.

Special and EX moves
236a: A bouncing gun shot which shoots downwards, bounces up, then back again and a downward angel to off screen. So far its safe on block from my play. Can combo off it into a 4.5k combo. [236a jbc jbc jc at]
236b: Another bouncing gunshot which follows the same patter as 236a, but reversed. (shoots up first)
236c: Uses up all of Sion remaining bullets to unleash a powerful untechable shot. The less bullets you have left, the more damage it does. (1500,2000,2500,3000) This acts as your reload, as she doesn't have a reload command in this mode. Get an easy 4k combo just doing w/e into it.

214a: Fast whip that knocks down. Sets up some Oki. can be comboed into from 6aaa, 5c, 2c.
214b: Slower whip that bring the enemy closer to you. Can combo almost anything from it. Comboed from 6aaa.
214c: Good ole EX whip. Brings the enemy right next to you for free comboing. Comboed from 3c.

j214a: Fast air slide attack, Sion wraps her legs around the opponents neck then flips them over to drive their head into the ground. Safe on block with real fast recovery, even on wiff.
j214b: Slower aid slide attack, but is unblockable while being unsafe on wiff.
j214c: EX air slide. She'll flip the opponents 5 times with you able to control which direction you go in by holding forward or back. Also safe on block and wiff.

623a: 2 hit DP that can be ex canceled into 214c or 421c, low invulnerable (if same as MBAC)
623b: 7 hit DP, air unblockable, full start up invincibility.
623c: 7 hit EX dp, also air unblockable. Even more invincibility just to make sure. Generally a waste of meter imo, whill need more play to see if theres a use for it over 623b.

421a: Slide fakeout that moves you closer to your opponent. you can cancel a blocked 6aaa from to make it sorta safe if your autopiloting.
421b: Slide with a kick follow up that is untechable, some invincibility in the middle of the slide. Can combo 214c from it. air unblockable.
421c: EX slide that follows up with a kick that send you up into the air. airunblockable.

Arc Drive
41236c: Barrel replica, like her other moons. Sion will toss up a bullet into the air, causing an untechable hit, which she follows up with a energy beam shot up into the air.
No Avanced/Another Arc Drive or Last Arc for H-Moon.  :'(

General Combos
5abc3c jbc jbc at

5a6aa (214c 5a6aa) 214b 5a6aa 214b 5a6a2c 214a {better oki} or j.bc j.bc at {bit more damage.}

5ab2bc5c ja b c j.[c] j.214a j.bc j.bc at

5abc3c j.[c] airdash j.[c] double jump j.[c] j.214a j.bc j.bc airthrow.
(for this to work you want to delay the air dash so Sion pushes them back a bit, then delay the last j.[c] as much as possible to get them as low as possible)

Fuzzy Guard combo: j.[c]baa 2abc5c j.a b c j.[c] j.214a j.bc j.bc airthrow

for all these combos its possible to super double jump after a j.bc at the end of the combo and do j.c j214c for better knockdown since airthrow can be teched.

Tips, Tricks and gimmicks
After 214a you can airdash into pretty much anything, and depending on the timing you can change the side you land on. Also you can time j.[c] to meaty on wakeup for a fuzzy guard setup or you can delay the j.[c] to whiff and go for a low.
6[b.] is safe on block because you can cancel it. 6[b.] into 2a is really fast and is generally a free combo.
6[c] is also safe on block and can be jump canceled. its shield bait though if you use it too much.
j.214b is unblockable and is a great gimmick to use to end rounds.
236a/b is great for zoning and fishing for counter hits. be ready to follow up on a counter hit for the easiest 5k damage you'll ever receive.
Tech Punishes are generally done with 2c into short combos. Off airthrow in the corner you can punish back and neutral techs with j.214a and forward tech just by landing. If they dont tech your airthrow you get a free 50/50 crossup setup by airdashing into the corner after your airthrow.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 11:27:04 AM by Tempered »
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
Re: H-Sion in MBAA.
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 01:32:37 PM »
Slight variation of 5a6aa loop: 5a6aa 214b 2a 2b 5a6aa 214b 5b 5c 2c 214a
Combo off of 6b: 6b 5c 2a 2b 2c 3c j[c] j214a jb jc double jump jb jc airthrow
Combo off air CH: 5b 5c jb jc double jump j[c] airdash j[c] 214a jc double jump jb jc airthrow? It gets dropped here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKp6zE6EaBY#t=9m0s

You can also end the second combo with double jump j[c] airdash j[c] jb airthrow but it's kinda hard to hit airdash j[c] jb and it doesn't add significantly more damage.

Joybox vids from May
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKp6zE6EaBY#t=0m55s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M77gXPMjn4o&feature=related

Recent a-cho vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFuGGhh2KrY#t=3m41s

« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 02:34:08 PM by Tonberry »
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 11:53:52 PM »
Nice info, didnt think to try j.[c] combos off counter hits.

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Rayza

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 85
  • Lexus LFA
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter account
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 02:47:01 AM »
Slight variation of 5a6aa loop: 5a6aa 214b 2a 2b 5a6aa 214b 5b 6c 214a
Combo off of 6b: 6b 5c 2a 2b 2c 3c j[c] j214a jb jc double jump jb jc airthrow
Combo off air CH: 5b 5c jb jc double jump j[c] airdash j[c] 214a jc double jump jb jc airthrow? It gets dropped here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKp6zE6EaBY#t=9m0s

You can also end the second combo with double jump j[c] airdash j[c] jb airthrow but it's kinda hard to hit airdash j[c] jb and it doesn't add significantly more damage.

Joybox vids from May
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKp6zE6EaBY#t=0m55s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M77gXPMjn4o&feature=related

Recent a-cho vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFuGGhh2KrY#t=3m41s

The 214b loop variations are uh, pretty significant, it all depends on what you hit into it that determines whether or not 214a will knockdown or be air techable. (btw 5b 6c clearly doesn't combo, did you mean 5b 5c 2c?)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 02:52:40 AM by Rayza »
Follow me @MisterRayza for updates on my streams.

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 02:33:31 PM »
The 214b loop variations are uh, pretty significant, it all depends on what you hit into it that determines whether or not 214a will knockdown or be air techable. (btw 5b 6c clearly doesn't combo, did you mean 5b 5c 2c?)

Whooooops.  Yeah, I meant 5b 5c 2c.  

More vids
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7893741 - Solid play and two 421C combos from 9:36 to end
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8484019 - Judging by comments, new kubo vid(10/11/09) he comes in at 21:48

« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 08:18:41 PM by Tonberry »
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline Rayza

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Spellcaster
  • Lexus LFA
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter account
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 05:55:02 AM »
I already wrote about the corner 421c 214b combo on the wiki, tempered add wiki link to the top of your post please, I think we should stop using the forums for guides in general and keep that shit on the wiki, I should talk to lolisauce about this.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 02:56:37 AM »
Ill put the wiki up but i still think we should keep information here. Some people dont like to use IRC for whatever reason so its easier to post questions on a forum.

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 04:29:12 AM »

Whooooops.  Yeah, I meant 5b 5c 2c. 

More vids
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7893741 - Solid play and two 421C combos from 9:36 to end
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8484019 - Judging by comments, new kubo vid(10/11/09) he comes in at 21:48

Anyone noticed the easter egg?
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline Rayza

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Spellcaster
  • Lexus LFA
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter account
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 03:48:38 PM »
Ill put the wiki up but i still think we should keep information here. Some people dont like to use IRC for whatever reason so its easier to post questions on a forum.

Tempered, discussion =/= a written guide, all I'd meant was "putting written guides for characters is silly, that's what the wiki is for" and we can just rock it JP style, keep discussion in the character forums, update the wiki as we figure shit out.

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 04:45:55 PM »
Messed with this character today, just a few tidbits about 6[C]. You can combo into 5A6AA loop by dashing a bit after landing from 6[C], ie: 6[C] 6[6]AAA 214B etc.

The other cool thing about it is that it can cross up knocked down opponents and has virtually no landing recovery. Using 6[C] right after 214A will cleanly cross up, while delaying it a bit or holding 4 just a bit before will fake the cross up. Though I haven't tested on all characters, I'll try that later.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 04:49:44 PM »
hmm I thought i put that in already. oh well. yes the mixup works on everyone and you can even delay it a little bit longer to get the a meaty overhead.

Offline Rayza

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Spellcaster
  • Lexus LFA
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter account
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 10:10:28 PM »
Messed with this character today, just a few tidbits about 6[C]. You can combo into 5A6AA loop by dashing a bit after landing from 6[C], ie: 6[C] 6[6]AAA 214B etc.

The other cool thing about it is that it can cross up knocked down opponents and has virtually no landing recovery. Using 6[C] right after 214A will cleanly cross up, while delaying it a bit or holding 4 just a bit before will fake the cross up. Though I haven't tested on all characters, I'll try that later.

It's 100% hitbox reliant on what works, like Ries's hitbox makes it (at least to me) impossible to do uncrossup, also if anyone gets hit by 6[c] in blockstring they should kill themselves, that shit is slow as molasses. The main use of 6[c] is as a blockstring extender so xxxx into 6[c] jump cancel j.[c] airdash j.[c]aaaa etc. for massive guardbar.

Offline Lane

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 09:12:48 AM »
2a2b2c5c j.a~b~~c dj.[c]214a land j.bc sdj.bc airthrow

for this combo what does the [c] mean? I'd guess charge, but you can't charge an a version of a move.  :slowpoke:

Offline Zero

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 11
  • Gotta pick a character
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 10:21:19 AM »
2a2b2c5c j.a~b~~c dj.[c]214a land j.bc sdj.bc airthrow

for this combo what does the [c] mean? I'd guess charge, but you can't charge an a version of a move.  :slowpoke:

That would be charged dj.C. Most of the charged moves in the forums are noted by the [ ] brackets. The only exception to this is B moves because the forum would read it as bold so most charged B moves would be indicated via BE(blowback edge).

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 11:28:41 AM »
brackets usually mean to hold down the button, which will generally represent a charge in most cases for MB. so  yes that is a charged jump C after double jumping. another example would be [1] which would indicate someone is downbacking or turtling.

Offline Lane

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 01:22:19 PM »
ok, thanks melty brethren

Offline Raoh Punches Faces

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Kinnikubuster Bathroom Blow Up
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2010, 01:10:23 PM »
what are some noteable block strings with her..

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2010, 10:42:46 PM »
w/e into 5c into whiff. w/e into 2c into Whiff. w/e into 236a. w/e into 6[c]

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 12:56:07 PM »
yeah thats what i have been running but wasn't sure if there was anything better.. thanks Tempered

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2010, 07:02:46 PM »
Thats just basic stuff. Depending on how well you run your strings and punish mashing vs getting mashed out, you can run pretty free form stuff. If you got them scared you can do like blah 2b recover 2b string reset. Unfortunatly im not very good at explaining things. Just gotta try stuff out.

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 04:58:11 PM »
5B 2B 5C 3C j.[C] dj.[C]214A land j.BC sdj.BC Airthrow  im still having problems landing this main problem is j.[C] dj. [c] 214a land and sometimes im able to reconnect for the j.BC J.BC  any tips i know you have to delay the last [C]  or am i supposed to be delaying the dj. ?  >_<
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 05:01:28 PM by Desert Koffing »

Offline Skwuck

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
    • A New World Order
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2010, 08:20:08 PM »
5B 2B 5C 3C j.[C] dj.[C]214A land j.BC sdj.BC Airthrow  im still having problems landing this main problem is j.[C] dj. [c] 214a land and sometimes im able to reconnect for the j.BC J.BC  any tips i know you have to delay the last [C]  or am i supposed to be delaying the dj. ?  >_<

You want to do the first j[C] as soon as you get off the ground as you probably already know, dj as soon as you know it hit and delay the second j[C] as late as you can. It may also help to buffer your j214A while your holding down C for the second j[C] (probably start when you hear the charge go off) so that you can cancel into it as soon as it hits.

For me, the only problem I face doing this combo i guess would be not always being able to do airthrow without omitting the second jB due to being too low, but overall it isn't too hard to do once you figure it out.
Current Main: H-Sion
Alt: H-Kohaku
Planning on switching to H/C-Kohaku soon.

Offline Tempered

• Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2010, 09:45:56 PM »
Pretty much what he posted. after 3c its an immediate j.[c]. then an immediate double jump into a delayed j.[c]. You have alot more time than you probably think to connect the 2nd j.[c]. And yeah you can buffer the 214a motion while the last j.[c] charges to help a it with that part.

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2010, 05:13:27 PM »
Skwuck & Tempered i thank you both i finally got it down now just gotta work on consistantcy!! it was my timing of 214a >_<

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2011, 02:09:47 PM »
H-Sion OS', conceptually stolen from ZTB

2b 5c~214b - beats Half moon low shield counter.  On hit/block turns into 2b 5c.  If they low shield it turns into 2b 214b.  If they high shield you should confirm into either 2c 214c or 2c 3c though in CC you can probably still go into 6aaa after 5c thanks to reduced pushback  :toot:

2a 2c~214d - beats wakeup shield counter, wakeup bunker, and wakeup backdash.  

Both of these are very easy to do.

Asshole OS: 5b 5c~41236c.  Beats wakeup high shield, loses to wakeup bunker.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 12:03:27 PM by Tonberry »