When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: 8/18 C3 August Adios Tournament Results  (Read 32986 times)

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
Re: 8/18 C3 August Adios Tournament Results
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2007, 03:04:18 PM »
in all honesty, i think majority of the VA/MD scene has never touched melty blood prior to the release of the PS2 version (if i'm wrong then i'm very very very sorry). so yea... we suck. lol

you are correct I never touched it till the PS2 release lol

constructive criticism has been noted  :teach:

hahahhaha!

If a tactic works against your opponent, use it till it stops working, and find another.

what's this? basic, universal fighting game strategy?  no fucking way!  only scrubs do that  ::)

...and for anyone who wants to know Mr Mamation does not even like this game lol
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 03:15:35 PM by Tiamat »

Offline 4r5

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 89
  • GO HOME AND BE A FAMILY MAN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2007, 03:19:08 PM »
New patch got dummy recording! Next c3, you all better watch out.

Everyone tell me what you do, so I can have the dummy do it, then I'll go find counters to it!

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2007, 03:21:11 PM »
I just realized something.  In melty blood neutral tech is faster than back/front tech.  In guilty gear neutral tech is slower than back/front tech. 

It would be good for GG+MB players to keep this in mind or you will eat invalid combos in both games but for opposite reasons lol.

Offline VR-Raiden

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 22, 2007, 03:22:48 PM »
lol I like the team names  :D

and 4r5 record kouma doing those invalid wall loops cause i do that (as we have all discussed and argued about in depth) XD

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Holy F*ckin shit, my eyeballs
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 22, 2007, 03:28:20 PM »
lol I can't patch till i"m done with the videos, because balance changes may screw up the replays. I almost fell for the trap.

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 22, 2007, 03:31:09 PM »
please put up tiamat+nas vs reloy+vr when you get the chance that's the one I've been wanting to see

Offline 4r5

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 22, 2007, 03:35:39 PM »
In GG, all three tech-directions are the same "speed". The only difference is when they occur. The neutral-tech point happens after the front/back-tech points.

In MB, shrug. I think the amount of recovery from the different ground-techs are all the same. The only thing diffrent is how much bouncing you do, which changes when the recover happens (and of course, where you are). Neutral-ground-tech, you just bounce in place, and start recovering. The two side techs, you have to bounce all the way over, then start your recovery. And that gives them more time to set something up, but the trade off is that you may not be where they expect you to be. /shrug

Offline KomagPHL

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 22, 2007, 03:44:36 PM »
New patch got dummy recording! Next c3, you all better watch out.

Everyone tell me what you do, so I can have the dummy do it, then I'll go find counters to it!

learn to counter hisui's chair and you'll be on your way to beating nam (lol)

I just realized something.  In melty blood neutral tech is faster than back/front tech.  In guilty gear neutral tech is slower than back/front tech.

It would be good for GG+MB players to keep this in mind or you will eat invalid combos in both games but for opposite reasons lol.

that would explain why it would show up as invalid when nero is doing j.C and i couldn't tech.

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 22, 2007, 03:52:22 PM »
please put up tiamat+nas vs reloy+vr when you get the chance that's the one I've been wanting to see
That match is  ;D. VR has shennanigans. I'll have it encoded within the hour hopefully.

Offline 4r5

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 22, 2007, 03:59:01 PM »

that would explain why it would show up as invalid when nero is doing j.C and i couldn't tech.

I'm trying this out in practice mode and all the air-tech points look to occur at the same time. I think people's problems with teching out of Nero's j.C is the same problem with people teching out of my Johnny 'combos', really, really tight tech window. MASH THAT SHIT

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 22, 2007, 04:33:25 PM »

yeah mash on a button but don't press any directions.  make sure that when you see yourself flash (tech animation) you stop mashing quickly and start air blocking or you will get hit by the jC anyway.  Warachia is the same way with his jC air combo

That match is  ;D. VR has shennanigans. I'll have it encoded within the hour hopefully.

that he does lol...

4r5: i get what you mean
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 04:38:13 PM by Tiamat »

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 22, 2007, 04:47:19 PM »
Yeah, the Vid is going to take longer than projected. Someone *coughreicough* took off timer, and no timer + turtling + 3 rounds each = long ass matches. The timer somehow reset itself by the time anyone bothered telling me about it, and it was around 11 o clock at the time and no one really cared enough to redo the matches, for good reason. Gimme another hour, and it will be done.

Offline 4r5

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 22, 2007, 05:02:24 PM »
Next tournament we need to go hard on options, and making sure people save replays, and making sure people are following whatever format we and up doing, and people entering mid-tournament. I'll volunteer, assuming I'm not in the middle of a different tournament..

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 22, 2007, 05:03:44 PM »
ok thanks a lot for your effort nam

That match was actually pretty early in the tournament and somehow we didn't notice that it was on infinite time until the matches had already started.  We switched it after that match.  So basically besides the infinite time problem earlier in the tournament we also had some teams not alternating cause they weren't told/didn't hear or something. 

Nastia vs VReloy 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SBQ107uxc4
00:20 is lol cause nothing happens

I have learned to never use 236C on wakeup again.  Learning things is good. 

See if you can figure out something Nas kept getting hit by that *zomg* VR kept doing because it was working.  And no it's not the invalid loop...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 06:30:19 PM by Tiamat »

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 22, 2007, 06:27:17 PM »
Hay guys, for some reason youtube won't accept the second part to the match. I'll try to put it up on Google video so we at least have something

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 22, 2007, 06:28:47 PM »
youtube can't take that many shenanigans in one video

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2007, 06:41:39 PM »
Shenanigans went through!!! We'll be seeing the epilogue right after it gets through customs. Unless Tiamat beats me to the link post, I'll have the link up as soon as I am able.

Edit:Lol I win.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNflz9YXdCA
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 06:51:31 PM by AlmightyNam »

Offline Liezzy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • STOLE THE PRECIOUS THING
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 22, 2007, 06:59:55 PM »
ummm this is not trolling. its the fucking truth. should I make it to the next event y'all can guarantee to be mirrored (by me) in all of your matches just to prove my point.

use the power of the internets and assess videos plz. =D

You will be at the next C3. I'm making sure of it this time(especially since I didnt even know I was going this time myself :V).

I played fucking nasty, I kinda just wanna quit the game thinking about how I played that day. And sadly I was doing just as bad(if not worse) in GG. Oh well, here coes Evo.
ARCANA HATE.

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 22, 2007, 07:10:38 PM »
ya beat me to it nam

man I coulda won but I made some stupid choices XD

Offline KomagPHL

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 22, 2007, 07:30:49 PM »
omg... so many bad choices/decisions. i'm regretting so much. warrachia's 236C brings out the stupidity in me.

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: August 22, 2007, 07:52:29 PM »
it's probably not 236C you are talking about...one of the summons I presume?

Offline KomagPHL

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 22, 2007, 08:23:47 PM »
oh haha... i meant 22C. also that nero summon was just fucking with my head so much.

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 22, 2007, 08:28:22 PM »
ah the tornado...thought of that myself lol

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 22, 2007, 09:28:22 PM »
....God bless you, LK.

I got to the level I'm at playing one person, Sp00ky. We were pretty much doing the same thing LK was/is doing - "studying Japanese matchvids and seeing what's common and what's not and ideas and stuff and used them my own regards", "practiced enough to make sure that I messed up as little as possible". It's a universal concept.

EDIT:

Don't get mad, get hype. Yeah, he's being an asshole about it, so do something to shut him the fuck up.
THANK YOU!!!!

well that's great cuse the only time i play with anyone is you guys and md/va... so hooray to LK for winning... but trust me man... it ain't going to be same next time... imma try my hardest to destroy now... but with all this testing out who do i test it out against...? the cpu? please... i watch match videos day in day out... i try to take people advice and use to my advantage... i never quit on tohno .... i just say shit just say shit... and you know what dog... go ahead and use my main against me i could care less... it just means i have to learn my shit better against shiki mirriors that's alll...

and the deal with some of these guys is the one that was good(VR) decided that he wants to win(against others who don't know this shit...) so leave that to rest... why should he stop if he's not going to learn a damn thing... shit.. he played against me... i kinda stop it a little bit but shit whatever.. ill live and learn next time...

man...and i congratualate LK... the only who was on point this tourney... i sure wasn't as you saw in vids... my combos kept dropping it was an off night..trust me son... ill be training all the time 24/7 if i have to...
Basically... kind of a big deal....

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: August 22, 2007, 09:36:38 PM »
Nas makes me feel awful. :(

Granted I do have to deal with dying in 2/3/4 combo's everyone. . .  :mystery: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top