hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: 9-22 C3 presents the Sion sux September Tournament Results  (Read 39159 times)

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Re: 9-22 C3 presents the Sion sux September Tournament Results
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2007, 08:36:23 AM »
also VR, stop doing that damn combo in the corner, shit is invalid

it was working though lol...considering how badly he applied okizeme after his air throw ender he would have been better off just doing that

I've been hearing this excuse too much lately. It freaking says INVALID right after the first time he does it, that should be a sign to you to STOP doing that combo. It's a rarity for anything in MB to work TWICE, and even if it does, it's one time too much, and you should constantly be changing shit up. I'm surprised Eli didn't tech right, but if he had played Zar, Xaq, or myself, that combo would have ended after the first attempt at a rep. Outside of maybe using the ex version to kill someone you should ALWAYS end Kouma's combos with an air throw.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Holy F*ckin shit, my eyeballs
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2007, 09:55:27 AM »
I think what he meant was that because VR just was letting the guys wake up unpunished anyway, and even getting hit immediately after the wakeup, he'd might as well just try his luck. No one is disputing the fact that its a retarded strategy, because we already had a long retarded argument on why it is a retarded strategy last month. No need to bring the argument up again.

Anyway, VR learn Oki's so you don't have to rely on the stupidity of your Opponents... well, at least rely on it less.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 09:57:56 AM by AlmightyNam »

Offline VR-Raiden

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2007, 10:39:32 AM »
alright guys, i'm actually doing casuals next time to help me remember all this :toot:

and in all honesty, its more of the fact that the invalid combo is the one I'm used to doing rather than me just doing it cause I'm relying on the opponent not teching.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 10:41:49 AM by VR-Raiden »

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2007, 11:33:13 AM »
Step your shit up man, not many Kouma players out there, make yourself known!
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2007, 11:49:44 AM »
I plan to make a long excessive post about it later because once again only Nam seems to get it.

Short version: VR did not lose because he was doing the special ender to end air combos, he lost because he did his okizeme badly by thinking ahead too far of his opponent then failing to adapt

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2007, 12:19:22 PM »
I'm not freaking talking about him losing. From the way he plays it's like he doesn't give a damn that he lost anyway.

All I said was that he should stop doing that damn combo. That's it.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2007, 12:24:28 PM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zk3Bq_ZkbGY

I believe this match is Losers bracket Tiamat vs Master Chibi

EDIT: To me that kouma j.236b236b ender is like j.2c for Akiha and j.bb for hisui. you can punish it after tech I believe

EDIT2Z:

These comments are just IMO, don't have to take it seriously.

Tiamat: Use the alternate launcher (2c > 5c all 3 hits > j.b 1 hit > j.c > j.c > j.421c or Air Throw) Or use the lagged 6c launcher (Reccomended) because you're too far from your opponent after launch for j.421cs and when you throw with Air dash you lose an air dash which you can use to zone in on a cornered enemy after air throw. Don't play too defensively either, try to get out there more and attackz

Master Chibi: Pretty solid hisui, the only faults I can see so far is that you make random mistakes. But I haven't seen many vids of you playing so I dunno.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 12:38:31 PM by ehrik »
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2007, 12:55:45 PM »
EDIT: To me that kouma j.236b236b ender is like j.2c for Akiha and j.bb for hisui. you can punish it after tech I believe

No you can't Tech punish, making it as a combo ender completely useless unless your opponent is a total noob.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2007, 12:56:31 PM »
I have to work on my mix-up, since it's obvious I DONT HAVE ANY. Haha. In due time :P
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2007, 12:58:34 PM »

No you can't Tech punish, making it as a combo ender completely useless unless your opponent is a total noob.

Oh I see
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2007, 01:00:18 PM »
Well, Hisui in general has pretty crappy pressures. The IAD is noticable enough for anyone to change their block. Hell I think I succeeded in poking your IADs out of the sky, though I'm not 100% sure, and I don't care enough to check. Thats kinda why I zone so much. That and I didn't even think of IADing to continue the block string till I saw chibi use it.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2007, 01:05:34 PM »
You're going to have to be careful about using IAD in blockstrings too much since people can easily smash you out of it.

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2007, 01:19:02 PM »
Yeah, upon watching Tiamat vs Chibi, I am 100% convinced that Chibi has a Bullshit aura around him. Like, he's like Longshot, from X-men, that can inherantly change the probablilities that affect him to his favor. Like a combo that would work in any other circumstance fail not once, not twice, but 4 separate times for no good reason. Plus he gets random bullshit hits that should never have actually hit becasue its got like... a single frame that would actually hit someone without him getting hit. I don't know how you do it, but goddammit turn it off. Its not fair for the rest of us!  >:(

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2007, 02:02:08 PM »
Yeah, upon watching Tiamat vs Chibi, I am 100% convinced that Chibi has a Bullshit aura around him. Like, he's like Longshot, from X-men, that can inherantly change the probablilities that affect him to his favor. Like a combo that would work in any other circumstance fail not once, not twice, but 4 separate times for no good reason. Plus he gets random bullshit hits that should never have actually hit becasue its got like... a single frame that would actually hit someone without him getting hit. I don't know how you do it, but goddammit turn it off. Its not fair for the rest of us!  >:(

You mean how Tiamat's combos were whiffing? He was too far away for the razor things and he never finished the akiha summon combos D:

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2007, 02:04:15 PM »

it's not totally useless cause it does more damage than the air throw ender (even if you don't get any invalid stuff). iirc it does somewhere between 500 and 1000 extra damage depending on the opponent character (this is doing jC into the special instead of just jump air throw).  not to say it's better than the air throw ender, but it's not useless either.

about my match with chibi: I could not do combos, teh end
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 02:14:03 PM by Tiamat »

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2007, 03:03:55 PM »
1. Hisui's pressure is fucking absurd Nam, she has some INESCAPABLE (outside of using burst) setups for christ's sake, she is scary as all hell. The way the Japanese continue to evolve with her is mind blowing. It's a hard act for me to follow, but I'm following it none the less. Eventually I'll get 'somewhere' with it ;p.

2. Zoning is fine with Hisui, but it cuts off what makes her scary (her offensive pressure). You can throw pots and try to bait shit with arc drives all day, but that's not as effective as getting ONE block string into ex-dust in the corner and then going to town. You're better off playing hit and run instead of just RUN, but that's just my opinion.

it's not totally useless cause it does more damage than the air throw ender (even if you don't get any invalid stuff). iirc it does somewhere between 500 and 1000 extra damage depending on the opponent character (this is doing jC into the special instead of just jump air throw).  not to say it's better than the air throw ender, but it's not useless either.

That's why I said it's fine if you use it to KILL the other character, but you completely lose your momentum and positioning once you do that instead of tacking on an air-throw at the end of the combo, and Kouma NEEDS to stay in on you once he finally gets there.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 03:06:27 PM by Master Chibi »
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2007, 03:10:08 PM »
he just needs to apply his "okizeme" after the air throw to actually make it worth it next time instead of giving them free combos

Offline ehrik

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2007, 03:39:45 PM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ngUhSoBcwRs

Mchibi vs Rei

Losersz

Rei stop shield bunkering D:> or if you were trying to bara the chair do bara dodge

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2007, 04:33:29 PM »
1. Hisui's pressure is fucking absurd Nam, she has some INESCAPABLE (outside of using burst) setups for christ's sake, she is scary as all hell. The way the Japanese continue to evolve with her is mind blowing. It's a hard act for me to follow, but I'm following it none the less. Eventually I'll get 'somewhere' with it ;p.

2. Zoning is fine with Hisui, but it cuts off what makes her scary (her offensive pressure). You can throw pots and try to bait shit with arc drives all day, but that's not as effective as getting ONE block string into ex-dust in the corner and then going to town. You're better off playing hit and run instead of just RUN, but that's just my opinion.
I'm not going to argue with you, because I simply have no information for either side to make an argument. There are no real big name Hisui's that I'm aware of that I can study 24/7, mostly because I don't have the time(nor care enough) to look for one, and one's not glaring at my face like Yukinose for akihas for example. From watching you, the only pressure that even remotely "pressured" me was when you used the ex-dust to keep me on block while you iad+C. Your tick throw into b bento pressure setups were okay, but like... its too obvious that you were just going to pressure me, so all I had to do was block and wait for it to finish. Thats why I opt for the tick throw to a bento throw loop(unofficial name), even though through playing Zar, I'm realizing its vulnerabilities(its still useful, but not as infallable as I once thought).

But, I guess thats also a testament to our personalities, and where we are right now. I'm much more defensive. I don't want to put myself in the fray so much because I still have a blockstring that worked when charged 5C was unstoppable in my eyes. It still comes automatically for me, so to offset that, I'd much rather keep my distance as long as my pots can give me. You're definitely more aggressive(relative to me) and would rather keep on the offensive, and keep the pressure up.

Though, you're words intrigue me. Can you show me some vids of these "Inescapeable" blockstrings so I may be able to use it against you?

And to Rei: You just gotta practice more.  You mess up the combo's you really have to make natural. You definitely have the potential, but your character demands perfection.

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2007, 04:45:51 PM »
No johnz dude I knew Hisui had sick blockstrings when I saw the blood dripping off Vakiha's chin. :blah: :blah: :blah:
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline AlmightyNam

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2007, 04:48:06 PM »
Meh, I guess you're right. No johns on my side. Though I still want to see videos for reference.

While you're on LK. Did Chu tell you to say wtfux? It just seems like something he'd say.

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2007, 04:57:34 PM »
All I can say is MD/VA rubs off on me reaaaaal easy.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2007, 05:02:01 PM »
I'm not showing you shit Nam. Seriously you just sit here and fucking argue with me everytime I bother to bring up shit with Hisui, always falling back on "that's how I play her". You already said you don't care enough to go out and look for resources on her to begin with, so I'm not even going to bother.

And yeah, my rushdown is sad right now, I got that the first time you said it, and the first time I said it. It wasn't even necessary as part of this discussion.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2007, 05:11:11 PM »
Start by studying Chibi.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2007, 05:12:34 PM »
Start by studying Chibi.

Not just yet.

;p

Also loved your shit in this tournament, you should come to our next gathering on the 20th at Zaelar's!
~*Hai! Back to Japan!