When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Evo World Melty Blood Singles Results  (Read 51877 times)

Offline Spirit Juice

• 「God of Commentary」
  • OKKUSENMAN! OKKUSENMAN!
  • Magic Circuits: 24
  • 1000% Master Sparking
    • View Profile
Re: Evo World Melty Blood Singles Results
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2008, 03:58:59 PM »
Hopefully next year will be better for you guys then. ;(
<kijea> Nerina
<kijea> can i play sex with you

Offline jiyuna

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • NETPLAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2008, 04:09:27 PM »
Huh? The only one complaining is the tsundere :emo:

Melty Cup was hypeeee, singles were kinda lame but still had some good matches, everyone got lots of casuals/MM's in and I'm sure the majority of us had a fun time hanging out with each other  :prinny:

EVO was pretty gdlk.
NETPLAY

Offline Qaenyin

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2008, 05:40:29 PM »
Just a correction:I beat munsu also.  THEN lost to hellmonkey.

Offline Tsubasa☆

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 12
  • 2πr(θ/360)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2008, 05:44:25 PM »
It was a pretty eventful and fun weekend in general.

Numa: Always a pleasure to see you again, my Hisui homey.  Sorry I didn't get around to playing SNK games with you, but I was caught up in the Melty hype and I haven't touched any SNK game in at least a few months.  gg's in Melty and (probably) play you in an upcoming tourney.

Chibi: Believe what you will, but I maintain that I chose to poke where I did based on what I know of the character's moveset and from what I determined about the flow of your rushdown.  Either way, they were good matches.  And with that out of the way, you seem like a cool guy even though we didn't really talk much outside of a few words about my shirts.

Zar & Zaelar: Hope to play you guys again someday.  No matter what I say, I know it'll sound like an excuse, but I was playing horrendously on Friday.  I'll put up a better fight next time.

Prinny & Tare: Thanks for letting me in on the Arc team.  Especially since I don't main Arc.  You two are pretty good.

Lolisauce: We need to hang out some more next time.  The only solid opportunity we had was Saturday night and we both know what happened there.

In general: everyone was pretty chill and it was a pleasure to meet/play with you guys.

More in an subsequent post if I missed anything.
-Tsubasa

Offline Nerina

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2008, 06:14:54 PM »
Thanks to all mb players I played since now.
I could have fun in US especially with WC people, I guess.

Evo2k8 was fun at least team matches.  For team matches, that was just "Zar ga taosenai" for me. I knew it before I fought against zar though.
The only regret I had was that I couldn't play LK and spooky(again) in real.
I saw this forum and before I leave US, I thought that I quit being nice and modest to one guy for him.

I don't care about who is better than who or who is worse than who....etc like that shitty things.
However, you are too early to talk about me and kijea in mb, Juyuna.
coz I'm the only person who could beat kijea and got 1st place in real tourney in US when Kijea played seriously.
AND KIJEA THINKS I AM THE ONLY RIVAL OF HIM.

You are always saying like " I'm the best in the world", but see the results.
You got 1st place this time for team tourney, but that was just Zar was too good.
Think about the results if me and kijea teamed up with.

For singles, I wasted my first lose coz I wasn't there.
If you were in same situation, you were done when you got defeated by magz.
In that case, Could you get even 4th place?

I lost all my motivations when they said I was sent to losers coz I wasn't there.

You should realize nobody cares about you.
In real, you are cool guy, so if you become more modest and appreciate how good you are, you will be more stronger and people around you will care about you. People around us decide how good we are, not by ourselves.
If you feel like " shut up nigga", just go to Japan. You will understand.

Offline Soniti

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • 。。。
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2008, 06:32:38 PM »
One correction I'd like to point out re: Jiyuna's post about the 2nd day of the tournament:
The setup you "stole" was actually mine, and didn't even have jewpuncher on it at all. I put it there so you could finish melty, you didn't take it  :psyduck:

Anyway, here are the replays from my laptop.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2008, 06:42:36 PM »
1.  Hellmonkey is a whiney little bitch that makes me look like Mother Theresa. If you didn't want to be part of the so called shitty tournament then you shouldn't have entered. Noone cares about your delusional escapade to defeat other players in a game you hate that you continue to netplay in daily. First you decide not to enter, then your ears perk up once you hear about a $5 entry. Then you know full well that the tournament was taking place in the hotel room (due to circumstances beyond our control), but you come up to the room just to moan and groan only to stomp away in a fit of a rejection while looking to stuff another tampon up your obviously sandy vagina. I don't understand the hate at all, but whatever.

2. The tournament was relocated because Evo decided to kick off everyone on the BYOC stations to finish running Marvel semis. If we were allowed to continue at that point it would have ended a little after 12:30. That wasn't the case, so we all went out to eat and shoot the shit. It happens. Obviously stuffing 25 people into one room the next day is overkill, along with the casuals in the halls, but considering that EC gets hype over sitting on a stone walk way in the middle of Chinatown, smack infront of two vending machines, things really weren't as atrocious as people made it out to be. It was muggy in the room, it was muggy in the hall, niggas were playing EFZ and Qaenyin wore a damn leather jacket for 3 days straight, but it was absurdly fun, and Hellmonkey (the new DIPPY~) is apparently the only one complaining.

3. Zaelar is a picky, whiney, anal, super bitch when it comes to brackets, and you know this by now. Noone else stepped up to run teams or singles, and given this prior knowledge, so bitching about it now is dumb. To Zaelar, if EC and WC didn't hold a series of qualifiers or tournament rankings in conjuction with one another, then the likes of a side tournament at Evo means everyone is equal and that the tournament organzing software is solely to blame for any 'problems' with the brackets. That's just how he is. He seeded everyone by location, but people still bitched about having to play people they normally play. Considering that 85% of the tournament was California, it was bloody inevitable.

4. Outside of that, who fucking cares, you people who didn't attend the tournament are going to throw e-shit around like you always do, and this thread is going to end up with 5 pages of it, and so on and so forth.

5. Lolisauce (and bro), thank you guys immensley for housing on the last day. We're grateful beyond words, and you're just an awesome guy to hang out with. The 4:30 am pattycake nazi conversation is something I'm not going to forget for a long damn while.

6. You WC cats are fun as hell to hang out and play with. So much energy to go around, and always bringing your A-game. Good shit. I hope some of you make it to NEC, we'll show you how hype EC gets over this stupid ass game we play.

7. Thanks to everyone that played Blitz! <3

:)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 06:45:12 PM by Master Chibi »
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Shidosha

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • The guy with the shirt on his head
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2008, 06:52:30 PM »
yeesh, i was wondering where everyone was on sunday...
could have used the time i wasted watching 3s finals practicing
"We're playing epic To-Love Ru Wallpaper!"
~Magz

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2008, 07:12:02 PM »
Just got home, brackets/replays should come tomorrow.

There were two forfiets(Numakie and Hellmonkey), and only one person was sent to losers due to not being at the new location(Nerina), but there were a couple that were close.  Nerina, I'm sorry about sending you to losers but it was holding up the tournament, two unused setups, and 20 people waiting.

There was a black bracket.  Zar, Kijea, Tenkai, and Kryo all ended up near each other.  Kryo didn't make it out alive.

Hellmonkey needs to go eat bananas.  Kijea and Nerina were going to play one game away from winner's finals if they both won up to that point.  Not that it matters since Zaelar and Tare are the best two at the tournament and were the only ones that needed to be separated.  ::)

The tournament was great, it's just the moving around that sucked.

I'd like to thank everyone that helped make this a fun weekend.  This includes everyone that just played some games to everyone that helped with running the tournaments.

And if you hear someone say I only got as far as I did because I had an easy bracket, it's true.

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2008, 08:13:31 PM »
NERINAAAAAAA

don't forget about Mishi Kishi world tour!!!

Also you have learned much in the US.
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline dj_de

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2008, 08:15:54 PM »
well isn't that special

Offline Spirit Juice

• 「God of Commentary」
  • 1000% Master Sparking
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2008, 08:18:14 PM »
All I have to say is "in before lock".
<kijea> Nerina

Offline Pfhor

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Beyond the 1% barrier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2008, 08:28:32 PM »
No fucking hate faggots.

Just love.

This shit was so much fun, jiyuna, bell, Lolisauce... fucking hilarious people. Epic 1 dollar blitz money matches are epic.

Like 20 people in our room, 5 games going on at once, we didn't need a fucking ballroom fuck ITS JUST US NIGGAS.

Team Melty was the most hype shit ever.

Everybody was fun to hang around, EFZ is a tight game, Blitz is a tight game, Melty is still good as ever. MY HANDS HURT FROM BLOCKING SOLDAT.

Offline Kijea

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2008, 08:33:33 PM »
Jiyuna : he is still strong nanaya

Tare  : perfect holy shit arquid. his arquid combo was 100%

his hair and nerinas hair style are similar
but tare is the most handsome in mbacppl
is that japanese guy hair style?

Zar : was good aoko if i didnt know about 'how does fight with aoko''
i was lost.  good luck

Hellmonkey : u had to win guilty gear tournermant that was bad D:

magz fucing shit faggot i coudlnt play with you at evo!

kryojenix dae: thanks for riding and help me at evo
kryo said i wont play arcade games anymore cuz i have to study

xie: is he 21years? really looks like younger

HF blade: idontknow how does he using pad play mbac

nerina: that was good play  i cant beat nerinas baiken and
nerina dropped his 1 chance at single tourney
he will go back japan forever after evo
good bye nerina

spidey: why did u bring blitz u brought akatsuki blitzs fault
no one was playing mbac in our room D:

chibi: did u bought cupcake ur team ppl?
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 08:44:25 PM by Kijea »
most handsome in usa arcade community

Offline Hellmonkey

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2008, 08:36:33 PM »
1.  Hellmonkey is a whiney little bitch etc
I thought you seemed pretty cool in person, but this post makes you sound like a complete douche.  The only reason I went up on Sunday was because I got called about 8 times during cvs2 finals despite telling them that I didn't want to play my match over and over again.  Besides, which circumstances beyond control caused mb to take so ridiculously long on sat?  (with only 36 entrants I don't see why it should have lasted that long in the first place..)

My bad for pointing out how ridiculous the singles tournament turned out?  Hopefully if there is a next time it'll run better, like teams did.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2008, 08:43:49 PM »
Dude, Hellmonkey, I don't have a damn thing against you man, but you pretty much just came up to the room, decide to say fuck you guys and your game, I have better shit to do, and left. You're free to be as bi-polar as you want with this whole deal, but the last thing this community needs is someone with that attitude man, especially in a room full of 25 people who were perfectly hype up until you walked in and shit on them. Not cool. Troll all you want online, but leave that shit elsewhere irl.

As for how it was ran, again, noone had any complaints during the tournament nor after it, you were pretty much the only one. It ran long because people didn't stick around and we had to call them down to play. Some of you were in GG, others went to eat, whatever.

:P
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 08:48:12 PM by Master Chibi »
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Spirit Juice

• 「God of Commentary」
  • 1000% Master Sparking
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2008, 08:48:02 PM »
But we did have better shit to do.  Nigga's gotta eat! :(
<kijea> Nerina

Offline jiyuna

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • NETPLAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2008, 08:49:09 PM »
Sorry Nerina, I'll stop joking for once and be serious for one post. I didn't mean to offend you- you are very cool person irl and very smart at games. I've got nothing but respect for you. I thought you have been in USA fighting game scene to see that all this shit talk is really not serious (see- doren2k :blah:). Thanks for playing with US melty players, you helped a lot of us (me included) get better just by bringing your japanese skill level/playstyle over here for us to fight against. I hope you  go back to Japan without any hard feelings toward me or any other US players.

Maybe we will meet again :mystery:
NETPLAY

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2008, 08:50:19 PM »
Shit, where to start?  Zar, it was mad fun getting to meet you and play some early casuals before we could get down to the Trop.  I'm still going to laugh every time I see the one lousy Aoko scene in the new character exhibition vid purely because of how mad you got at it.  haha.

Bell, you're one of the funniest dudes out there.  Optic thanks for being our ride around everywhere and for letting Zar and I stay in your room at the Trop.  You and the ec crew were fun as fuck to hang out with.  My best wishes go out to you and I hope that I'll have the chance to experience an American Melty some day.

Chibi and Zaelar, like I said to Bell, it was a blast hanging out with all you guys for practically the entirety of Evo.  You're all more than welcome to stay here anytime you come out to vegas.  That fucking 4am pattycake shit was hilarious.  I could hardly eat my dinner I was laughing so hard.  lol  Zaelar, your luckbox is too powerful.  After Bell and I dropped you guys off at the airport, we went back to the Trop to look for Bell's phone charger and as we pulled into the parking garage I made a comment wishing that you were there to luckbox us a good parking place.  Not 2 seconds later as we pulled in, we found a fucking parking spot right at the front.  haha  That shit stuck with us!

Rithli, it was fun getting to see all that Blitz action that you were so hype about.  You can bring the random right up there with the best of em (lolzaelar)!  So many funny ass blitz jokes were going down because of that game.  lol  I'll be checking it out for sure.

Jiyuna, the fucking one man hype machine.  haha, you're such a funny mother fucker when you've got some drink in ya.  I couldn't stop laughing when you were playing Sai.  The drunkenness aside, you're a real cool dude and I wish I could've hung out with you as much as I did the other east coasters.  Also thanks towards you and the rest of your room (Tare, Phor, Voomer, Zaido, Jeff) for letting me pass out there on Saturday night.  lol  Watch out for that american reset when you're out gambling!  haha

Speaking of Tare, Phor, and Voomer, my bad on not contacting you guys and Akira about the infamous Hooters mixup.  I'm glad I went over and ate with you guys though, since it led to hanging out with you all afterwards and getting in some nice casuals and fun conversation.  Phor, that picture you took was the most racist thing I saw that whole weekend.  haha, you have to post that up for voomer to use as an avatar or some shit.  Akira, stop being so Japanese!  lol.  You're too polite man, but it was awesome to finally get a chance to meet you.  I'd been looking forward to it for a good while.  Tare, good thing I met you in person before meeting you online.  You were a real chill guy.  I'll be hopping into that "secret channel" when I get my computer back up and running.  lol

Norcal (I mean NorPor) crew!  Tenkai, Dakanya, Magz, Tsubasa, Sims, Devereaux, and whoever else I missed - it was cool meeting those of you I didn't meet from last year.  You're all real chill.  Sorry I didn't get to come by your room and stay on Saturday.  The whole crazyness with random late casuals and being super tired just killed my drive to walk over to your hotel.  I woulda called but Sims made it sound like everyone was already going to sleep, so I didn't wanna piss everyone off with a random ass late call.  Next time I get the chance, I'm gonna learn proper Mahjong from the Dakanya School of S-Tier Mahjong.  lol  And blitzTankai (lol) you'll definitely see me netplaying in IRC once I get my pc fixed, BITCH!

Kryo, your pushup match was funny as hell and you seemed pretty chill.  It's a shame I didn't really get much of a chance to hang out with you.

Nerina, you were pretty funny with the "WAKE UP SUPER!" and "MASH HARDER" talk when you were playing casuals and money matches after the tourneys.  Have fun out in Japan.

Numakie, you were too hype over those KoF games!  I hardly got a chance to see you at all during Evo.  =<  Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to hang out during some future west coast tourney, now that I've got a job and am makin dat money.

Soniti, it was cool getting to meet you and hang out some during melty dinner (before I moved over to atone, lol).  GG on you beating me in singles as well.  I'm too scrub, lol.  Hope to see you around again!

HF Blade, yeah, sucks that we didn't get to really hang out or play much casuals.  Shit was so busy, lol.  You've got a mad good Ciel though, so it was awesome getting to see you play in the tourneys.

Shidosha, glad to see you join the forums and everything.  It was cool getting to meet you and my bad on not texting you about sunday or anything.  I'll be looking forward to seeing your Hisui progress for future events!

Everyone else, I wish I could've gotten more casuals and just time to fucking chill and hang out with all of you.  It's too much shit to cram into just a few days!  You were all mad cool though, and it was fun as hell meeting everyone.  Hope to see even more people next year.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2008, 08:57:54 PM »

That's fine, but you could obviously have some tact about how you decide to tell people about it.

<3
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Spirit Juice

• 「God of Commentary」
  • 1000% Master Sparking
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2008, 09:06:16 PM »

That's fine, but you could obviously have some tact about how you decide to tell people about it.

<3

But we have a reputation to uphold! :V

Anyways, it's unfortunate that the singles tournament turned out the way it did.  Hopefully next year things will be more hype and the turn out will be bigger.  As much as I hate MB, I really do hope the community grows into something big.  :toot:
<kijea> Nerina

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2008, 09:08:31 PM »
haha, well whatever~

2/3 for a drink in bb at frxii
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Kryojenix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2008, 09:13:20 PM »
I don't care about who is better than who or who is worse than who....etc like that shitty things.
However, you are too early to talk about me and kijea in mb, Juyuna.
coz I'm the only person who could beat kijea and got 1st place in real tourney in US when Kijea played seriously.

You are always saying like " I'm the best in the world", but see the results.
You got 1st place this time for team tourney, but that was just Zar was too good.
Think about the results if me and kijea teamed up with.

For singles, I wasted my first lose coz I wasn't there.
If you were in same situation, you were done when you got defeated by magz.
In that case, Could you get even 4th place?

I lost all my motivations when they said I was sent to losers coz I wasn't there.

You should realize nobody cares about you.
In real, you are cool guy, so if you become more modest and appreciate how good you are, you will be more stronger and people around you will care about you. People around us decide how good we are, not by ourselves.
If you feel like " shut up nigga", just go to Japan. You will understand.

nerina is my hero <3

and yea, nerina being disqualified was kind of bullshit.  nobody even told kijea when and where the tourney was continuing...i had to call bell to find out...

j.2c...WAHAHAHAHA!!!  OISHI~<3

in all seriousness, i'm sure you're a chill enough guy but you gotta learn to tone it down a bit.  admittedly, you're one of US's top players but your shit talk is starting to annoy me as much as TSHKN.  i respect your skill and confidence but confidence and cockiness aren't synonymous.  either way, what you do is up to you.  no bad blood

There was a black bracket.  Zar, Kijea, Tenkai, and Kryo all ended up near each other.  Kryo didn't make it out alive.

:'(

Kryo, your pushup match was funny as hell and you seemed pretty chill.  It's a shame I didn't really get much of a chance to hang out with you.

shit was win/win for me ;D and yea, too bad we didn't get to hang since any future evo trips are unlikely for me
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 09:29:38 PM by Kryojenix »
y'all niggaz is gay

Offline Spirit Juice

• 「God of Commentary」
  • 1000% Master Sparking
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2008, 09:14:37 PM »
haha, well whatever~

2/3 for a drink in bb at frxii

I'm down for that.  Hopefully BB will be out on console by then.  By the way, if you win that doesn't exempt you from the drink you promised at Evo. :)
<kijea> Nerina

Offline ElderGOD

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 29
  • COLE / LUX
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2008, 09:41:08 PM »
Sorry Nerina, I'll stop joking for once and be serious for one post. I didn't mean to offend you- you are very cool person irl and very smart at games. I've got nothing but respect for you. I thought you have been in USA fighting game scene to see that all this shit talk is really not serious (see- doren2k :blah:). Thanks for playing with US melty players, you helped a lot of us (me included) get better just by bringing your japanese skill level/playstyle over here for us to fight against. I hope you  go back to Japan without any hard feelings toward me or any other US players.

Maybe we will meet again :mystery:

Bitchout!
215-218-8244