When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: NEC8 Solo Full Results  (Read 49206 times)

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
Re: NEC8 Solo Full Results
« Reply #100 on: January 07, 2008, 02:10:52 PM »
So, how bout dem vids?
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline vayseth

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2008, 01:31:20 PM »

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 09, 2008, 05:00:44 AM »
Insert drunken raving about not having NEC videos ready yet here.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 10:35:09 PM by Choco »

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
  • Magic Circuits: 46
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2008, 05:21:18 AM »
You guys are retarded. Good job yell at him thats going to make it done faster. While you're at it demand he somehow send you a multiple gig unencoded master copy of what Arlieth recorded cause that's totally feasible. You guys better hope he doesn't delete the footage out of spite.

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 09, 2008, 05:39:02 AM »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 10:35:27 PM by Choco »

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 34
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2008, 02:32:31 PM »
Choco, I'm on your side about the Leo vs. You money match not showing up online, but you need a better approach regarding this issue with the NEC8 videos.  Yes, it sucks that everyone's waiting on one guy.  But it's his videos, and it's his life that comes first.  Even if there's a community waiting on him.  Doesn't matter if he's struggling through tough times or if he's masturbating 8 hours a day.  He recorded the videos, so he's got the full right to work on 'em or throw them away.

Although, I wasn't at NEC.  I don't know how hype it was.  And I don't know if everyone was depending on Scott to be THE videoman for NEC Melty Blood.  But either way, the "real talk" here isn't gonna work because all you're doing is publically attacking him.  You're accusing him of being a hype-killer.  And whether it's true or not doesn't matter - it's just not cool to point fingers.  If you have to, take it to the PMs.

There's another resolution to this.  Why is Scott the only one recording Top 8s?  If he doesn't feel comfortable with other people working with his material, then we need other people recording as well.  While I don't support Choco's approach, I still support videos.  Kejea and Nerina are crushing West Toasts and there are no videos as to why.  It's personally cripping for me, because without videos - I have no idea what in the world a Mech-HISUI player is doing right to beat the best.  But yeah.  I don't blame Scott.  I don't blame anyone.  Let's just get more people recording matches.  If I make it to WT10, I'll have a camcorder to save Kejea's matches myself.  Bet it.

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2008, 06:26:16 PM »
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 10:36:13 PM by Choco »

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2008, 11:41:01 PM »
What on earth is happening here?

Choco: I understand your frustration, but you should have first PM'd Scott and Arly first about this. If nothing happens, then you can do this. I'm sorry if you already did PM about it, but these type of things are unnecessary and bring shit on the boards, meaning I have to deal with it, and I don't have as much time as I used to being able to surf through these boards. Hell, you could have even PM'd me about it, and I would have pressed it with probably as much aggression you might have used, but a tone or two down. 
what the fuck is this game

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
« Reply #108 on: January 10, 2008, 12:38:57 AM »
Choco.

Chill.

There's things that've been going on with Scott that haven't been so great. If you also knew Scott's line of work, you might be half-surprised that he doesn't have an IV drip currently attached.
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 34
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #109 on: January 10, 2008, 12:39:05 AM »
I don't know if NEC8 was dumped on Scott or if he requested it, but if he didn't record the videos... then I guess it's best if he passes it along to someone who's willing to start editing.

---------

regarding Choco's "aggression", I'll defend him here.  he's actually pretty chill about the whole thing.  managed to chat with him at work.  he just has poor word choice.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008, 10:45:11 PM by Mailorder »

Offline Jaxx

• Old Dirty Bastard on the Microphone
  • NIGGA NERO BITCH!
  • Magic Circuits: 27
  • Huaaaaaaaaaaaa bitch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 10, 2008, 02:01:14 AM »
Choco.

Chill.

There's things that've been going on with Scott that haven't been so great. If you also knew Scott's line of work, you might be half-surprised that he doesn't have an IV drip currently attached.
I'm suprized he doesn't, we work in the same field it would be easy to get ahold of those drugs....
Back in full FX, again.  Getting back into practice, well, that's another thing all together.

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 10, 2008, 05:30:04 AM »
well i hope this gets resolved... but it is taking a bit too long don't you think....

and im not saying he isn't having a hard time with other things.. i mean people have offer the help.. so why not pass the food around if he isn't up to it right now....that's all im saying... NEC was mad hype
Basically... kind of a big deal....

Offline ShardZ

• Wheelchair Pimp
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 11
  • Even MI gets 2A'd.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 10, 2008, 09:58:50 AM »
wait a minute, am i doing videos for this one too?
:/

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 10, 2008, 11:04:54 AM »
Hey, if some bad stuff if happening with Scott right now, then my bad. Since there have been so very few updates as to what's going on with any of the recent tournament videos, I posted what I THOUGHT was relevant. I won't edit the above just because hey, that's what I said.

Allow me to use a World of Warcraft analogy.

When you are a Warrior class in combat in World of Warcraft, you slowly generate rage without actually hitting anything. This rage meter builds up and up ever so slowly from just sitting in combat. The problem is, this rage doesn't get used. The warrior is just sitting there and he has nowhere to dump the rage. There's only so much time to sit around and wait until the rage bar is full and the warrior feels he's gotta dump it and fast. Based on the lack of communication and progress updates, I dumped my rage where I thought it needed to be.

Offline mizuki

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 125
  • nasty
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 10, 2008, 11:24:39 AM »
Someone popped that K-groove meter!
what the fuck is this game

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #115 on: January 10, 2008, 04:30:05 PM »
Allow me to use a World of Warcraft analogy.

When you are a Warrior class in combat in World of Warcraft, you slowly generate rage without actually hitting anything. This rage meter builds up and up ever so slowly from just sitting in combat. The problem is, this rage doesn't get used. The warrior is just sitting there and he has nowhere to dump the rage. There's only so much time to sit around and wait until the rage bar is full and the warrior feels he's gotta dump it and fast. Based on the lack of communication and progress updates, I dumped my rage where I thought it needed to be.

Although I don't even remember this mechanic back when I used to play, from what I've been told, it's a completely garbage talent. Perhaps a respec is in order?
"Accent Core is perfection. It's like the concept of freedom captured into a videogame."

Offline Zaido

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • HISATSU - GIIIGAA!! DURIIIRU!! BUREEIIKAA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2008, 07:15:05 PM »
people should chill, the vids will come...

cause like i mean right now almost all the vids did eventually get released.. i mean i even waited on WT3 vids to show but in the end i think it was lost forever so whatevers.. shit happens, people got shit they need to do.. everyone should go grab a drink and just cool off a bit.. and eventually it will come..

and instead of just putting blames, encourgement or some compassion for their work might even make their days, and who knows, maybe they will FEEL better and want to do the video.. just blaming only gona piss them off or what not.
<@Sp00ky> basically ruu got on the stick and started having sex with heart
<@Sp00ky> and she did impossible shit
<@Sp00ky> and arturo died

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2008, 10:39:04 PM »
My sincere apologies to everyone involved in this. I have spoken to Arlieth about the state of things, and while the videos are not done yet and I still want them done, my conduct was definitely out of line. My posts above have been edited because leaving them would prove nothing and sure didn't help anything. It must have been me and the 2/3rds of a bottle of sake talking about something that would have been better left said at a different time in a different tone.

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 11, 2008, 12:16:02 AM »
It must have been me and the 2/3rds of a bottle of sake....

Ahh yes. Always blame the drinking ;3
~~Playing the wrong way... and somehow getting away with it.~~
<Pfhor>: no, I only have nightmares about your play numakie
<Pfhor>: because it makes no fucking sense
<Pfhor>: like WHY IS THIS HISUI DOING THESE THINGS

Offline Hd - phnz - !!!

• Lv. ?? (Boss)
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 9008
  • BAH GAWWWDDD!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 11, 2008, 05:56:44 AM »
Comment about off-tanking and rage batteries...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 05:59:15 AM by Zymas »

Offline sibladeko

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
    • FUTAE NO KIWAMI AAAAAAAAAAH!!!
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2008, 06:12:41 AM »
Fuck WoW  :V
"It's like Marvel with all Cables!"
-jwong on IaMP

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2008, 04:00:50 PM »
My sincere apologies to everyone involved in this. I have spoken to Arlieth about the state of things, and while the videos are not done yet and I still want them done, my conduct was definitely out of line. My posts above have been edited because leaving them would prove nothing and sure didn't help anything. It must have been me and the 2/3rds of a bottle of sake talking about something that would have been better left said at a different time in a different tone.

i see choco's point in all this, after all his match was by far the most hype. and yeah sorry for not getting it out timely, but i have wt8 BEFORE i do NEC, but all i really need is 5-6 hour block of time to just sit with both of the videos to get them out.

and as for those wt3 videos, zaido. they dont actually exist anymore. the hard drive that housed those video raws failed (through no fault of our own), and all the videos within. Blame Western digital.

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2008, 05:31:23 PM »
hold up... WoW anologies... plz dont do that again.. .I HATE THAT FUCKING GAME... MOST MY FRIENDS SOULS ARE NOW WITHERING AWAY... because they want to be level 70's
s
Basically... kind of a big deal....

Offline Capps Indigo

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~