When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: West Toast XI SINGLES Results  (Read 27902 times)

Offline uLTraCarL

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • <3 IIDX <3
    • View Profile
    • The Chronicles of uLTraCarL
Re: West Toast XI SINGLES Results
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2008, 03:45:07 PM »
I know how you feel, Spidey.  By the way, I was there for Melty and got owned.  :mystery:

Talk to mb people next time. No one is gonna eat your head there :P
well maybe Hasuko if you don't play TSS  ;D

Let's get PoFV up instead of TSS, i want my mini hitbox  :toot:
The Chronicles of uLTraCarL
Youtube connection .. Steam connection .. Anime List

Offline jocund

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2008, 04:31:26 PM »
This West Toast was a disappointment for me :( i kept dropping combos like crazy  :emo:
Dae: Nice try Tom you did your best!
Tom: I'm going to punch you!

Yukio Sumadera (12:50:54 AM): cause Dizzy is hot ABigStrongAsian (12:50:56 AM): lol Yukio Sumadera (12:51:13 AM): and Bridget is......appealing Yukio Sumadera (12:53:00 AM): Roll Casket though.....now that....i would hit anyday

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2008, 05:48:46 PM »
ultracarl only got 16th place?

boo

come over to my house for melty practice

and spankings

Offline Hellmonkey

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2008, 06:51:11 PM »
I'll place higher next time  :(

Offline Soniti

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • 。。。
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2008, 09:59:54 PM »
Just uploaded the replays from my laptop

http://www.meltybread.com/replays/TP-WestToastXI_Singles_Soniti's_Laptop(4-13-08).rar

Money Matches:

http://www.meltybread.com/replays/MM-Arlieth_vs_Jiyuna_at_WTXI_[missing_match_1](4-13-08).rar
http://www.meltybread.com/replays/MM-HF-Blade_vs_Kryojenix_at_WTXI(4-13-08).rar
http://www.meltybread.com/replays/MM-Kryojenix_vs_Hellmonkey_at_WTXI(4-13-08).rar

Make sure to watch all of the Arly vs. Jiyuna MM. It's epic. Also, watch The HF-Blade vs Kryojenix money match for the most chip damage I've EVER seen in melty.

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2008, 11:27:05 PM »
Hasuko: HAY!  Thanks for hosting TSS! I had a blast being raped repeatedly by those little fireball things that apparently everyone but me can dodge. I've figured out something nifty with the AT field but it probably isn't all that great. Anyways, it was fun hanging out again this weekend. You should play MB >_> I based this list off people from the results + random gg people that I met -.-"

Grats Kijea. You win... again... god damnit... Sorry I didn't make it far enough to play you in singles.

Props to Jiyuna for showing that EC isn't quite dead yet. It was nice hanging out with you especially on Sunday. I look forward to seeing you at WTXII if I end up being able to go. Sorry about the crap you had to deal with regarding your luggage. Luckily, our stick preferences were a darn good match =P Hopefully they give you something if not your luggage back for all of that shit.

Hellmonkey: Nice job beasting me in singles. I totally wasn't expecting that outcome at all >_> Thanks for everything this weekend. I promise that my Eddie (and Sion) won't be such a gigantic steaming pile of crap the next time we meet. Although I don't think I'll be able to give up on using BTL into crossup SG though =X

Nerina: Stop making that girl push the pedestal!

Kryo: Nothing but impressive play all-around this weekend. Thanks for anchoring the living shit out of buzzsaw in teams =X It's always a pleasure to hang out with you and this weekend was no exception. Let's keep netplaying =P

Arly: Thanks for taking us out to Korean BBQ. Shit was top fucking tier. This WT is like the first time I ever came close to your placing - though it isn't exactly something either of us should be too happy about =P As always, thanks for setting this all up as usual. I know I'm not alone in saying that this WT was a blast.

HF: LAKSJFDLKASDLFA - So yeah, 1v1, FT100, $2,000,000, Fox Only, Final Destination. Get hype. Good job taking me out in singles and thanks for the infinite number of "tournament" matches we had on Sunday as well =P

Aika: That's a mean Hisui you've got there. You'd give Chibi a run for his money for sure. It's nice to see someone over there who plays PoFV. I'll try get better and put up more of a challenge for the next time we play. Go go Marisa!

Spiritjuice: Genuflect or die. =P

Springer: Good to see you're still playing since the last WT. Too bad we didn't get to talk very much at all during either days. Maybe next time, eh?

JO50: Thanks for everything - especially the things in regards to Korean BBQ. I would probably have died of food poisoning or something if you hadn't taken charge like that. Nice car btw =X

Ultracarl: Nice to see you again. Keep leveling up dat Hisui. Be ready for a full course meal in Korean BBQ next time! Maybe! >_>

Soniti: Where were the corner loops? Joking aside, it's good to see that you've got your stick fixed and you've gotten a lot more consistent since that one epicly long netplay session we had that one day =X Hit me up for netplay if you find yourself on a stable connection again.

Desu: For some reason, the one thing that stands out moreso than anything was you coming up to Soniti and I will playing and exclaiming "I just OCV'd a team" on Saturday. Nice job! Now the next step is to shield like a fiend like a certain other Nazi Nero >_>

Spidey: I'm going to just take a wild guess that you were the one with a laptop with a spiderman background =X However, we didn't get to talk very much. I'll spec a netplay match and edit this with a nifty comment sometime in the future!

Xie: By process of elimination I am going to take a guess that you were the one Asian guy that said that I have a sexy voice while testing that mic. Thanks. Lol... =P

Buzzsaw: Nothing to say here.. ... ...

Numakie: I didn't see you at all except when you were playing on the B1 machine before the tourney on Saturday! WTF?!

Scottind: It seems to be a trend with your team! Like ninjas you vanished almost instantly!

Leo: See above! Ack!

Lina: Thanks for teaming with me in TSS even though I'm pretty bad at it. You pulled some pretty rigged shit in your later matches. Didn't get a chance to see you play MB though unfortunately.

motoh: Sorry I wasn't much help in terms of helping you learn vakiha. Of course, if you ever have any questions, just shoot me a PM on here or IRC. Hell, throw LK one while you're at it if you ever have a need for it. He knows more about her than I do and his guide is top notch. Nice to finally meet you in person. Maybe we can meet again sometime in the future.

Obaloney: Hey you! I didn't even get to see you play melty! Good thing we faced off in GG lol >_> I'll play you next time when you get another pad or your stick comes in. I've got quite a lot of respect for someone who can still play Anji in AC. Good shit.

Zaido: I think you destroyed my team in GG teams but I can't remember. Nice exec! It's a pity I didn't get to see you play MB at all >_>

Anyone else I might have forgotten: Sorry, I just spent about 7+ hours in a car with 4 other guys talking about the most random shit in the universe and sleep seems like a darn good idea right about now. I'll edit this later if I find the need.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 12:15:37 AM by Osaka Bancho »
"Accent Core is perfection. It's like the concept of freedom captured into a videogame."

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
  • Magic Circuits: 213
  • you're sick, sick as all the secrets that you deny
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2008, 11:27:52 PM »
Edited first post to contain TSS winners, since I don't feel like making another thread. Will edit teams post to do the same.

Also, you faggot, you forgot me. :emo:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 11:31:46 PM by Hasuko »
there's someone inside me that softly kills everyone around
they don't know they're dead to me 'cause intent never makes a sound

Offline Spirit Juice

• 「God of Commentary」
  • OKKUSENMAN! OKKUSENMAN!
  • Magic Circuits: 24
  • 1000% Master Sparking
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2008, 12:28:33 AM »
Oops.  Posted in the wrong thread.  ETA ont he singles videos, Arly?
<kijea> Nerina
<kijea> can i play sex with you

Offline GodRemixed

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Who's your Id?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2008, 01:23:26 AM »
The last TSS matches were epic!

Arly and I got 1/1 in matches and rounds, Hasuko came back from losers brackets to go against Arly in another 1/1 match and round game.

Hopefully there will be more people in it this time, the more the merrier.

I'm going to get in some serious Tinker Linker practice for next WT!

-Id ~ASZ~
"Why did she have to be sacrificed? Is god dead...? Is he just not there...? Maybe god never existed to begin with! ... If god doesn''t exist in our world, then... I will create god with my own hands!" - Krelian (Xenogears)

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2008, 05:56:56 AM »
JIIIIYUUUUUNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2008, 06:04:08 AM »
I know how you feel, Spidey.  By the way, I was there for Melty and got owned.  :mystery:

Talk to mb people next time. No one is gonna eat your head there :P
well maybe Hasuko if you don't play TSS  ;D

Let's get PoFV up instead of TSS, i want my mini hitbox  :toot:

What's TSS?

Anyway, seconded for PoFV matches.
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline Zaido

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • HISATSU - GIIIGAA!! DURIIIRU!! BUREEIIKAA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2008, 07:59:48 AM »

Zaido: I think you destroyed my team in GG teams but I can't remember. Nice exec! It's a pity I didn't get to see you play MB at all >_>

i didn't really destroy your team..bt there were times were any one of us could of won but it just the outcome was i was mashing harder and somehow won XD..

hopefully i be able to play some MB for the the next WT... in tourney this time around it was either no ride... or test ... screw it all!
<@Sp00ky> basically ruu got on the stick and started having sex with heart
<@Sp00ky> and she did impossible shit
<@Sp00ky> and arturo died

Offline GodRemixed

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Who's your Id?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2008, 09:16:35 AM »
What's TSS?

Anyway, seconded for PoFV matches.

TSS = Twinkle Star Sprites

It's a VERSUS Shoot 'em up!

We've got a lot of Shoot 'em ups in the 1000-in-1 machine, not sure if PoFV is in there, though.
"Why did she have to be sacrificed? Is god dead...? Is he just not there...? Maybe god never existed to begin with! ... If god doesn''t exist in our world, then... I will create god with my own hands!" - Krelian (Xenogears)

Offline uLTraCarL

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • <3 IIDX <3
    • View Profile
    • The Chronicles of uLTraCarL
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2008, 09:41:19 AM »
This is PoFV  :toot:

magz: next time we won't be bottom tier in Korean BBQ !  :slowpoke:
The Chronicles of uLTraCarL
Youtube connection .. Steam connection .. Anime List

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2008, 10:25:16 AM »
If PoFV is available, would you ban Shikieki or Komachi from tournament play? The boss-level characters are fairly imbalanced.  :psyduck:
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2008, 10:29:57 AM »
If PoFV is available, would you ban Shikieki or Komachi from tournament play? The boss-level characters are fairly imbalanced.  :psyduck:

supposedly reimu > everyone.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Kijea

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2008, 11:42:05 AM »
Jiyuna san was Kakkoi
most handsome in usa arcade community

Offline Hotdogs McGee

• Wrestling Master
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • KEN IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2008, 03:06:44 PM »

Magz eats in little girl portions, I wouldn't except him to rise to top tier anytime soon  :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:
Mizuki: "And I think WC MBAC are faggots anyways, so what's the point?"

Apparently everyone that goes to West Toast is a faggot thanks for helping the community Mizuki

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2008, 05:40:11 PM »

Magz eats in little girl portions, I wouldn't except him to rise to top tier anytime soon  :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

I always eat his leftover french fries... :prinny:
thundering waterfalls

Offline jiyuna

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • NETPLAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2008, 09:35:35 PM »
I'm just too lazy to write a detailed post, but everyone I met at WT was incredibly laid back and cool; I'm very glad I made it out there. Thanks to all who helped me out by letting me use stick/convertor/laptop/etc; and big thanks to aika for making the whole thing possible by driving me around and providing housing for the weekend! Hopefully I can make it out to next one :toot:

Also, BELT MAN, I'm sorry for knocking you out of TSS; you'll always be the SNK Champion to me  :prinny:
NETPLAY

Offline Soniti

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • 。。。
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2008, 10:06:43 PM »
Springer: Good to see you're still playing since the last WT. Too bad we didn't get to talk very much at all during either days. Maybe next time, eh?
Unfortunately, Springer is set to be stationed offshore in a ship near Japan for the Navy very soon, so he will be unable to make future West Toasts  :'(. I will forward your comment to him though.

Offline milesokeefe

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2008, 06:36:52 PM »
Gahhh, wish I could have gone after seeing these results. Jiyuna, excellent performance. Hope to see you at WTXII.

I gotta agree with Chibi, though. MB forum, MB results. Go to Dustloop for your GG stuff.

I gotta disagree with chibi and you there, choco. One didn't have to check Dustloop, TekkenZaibatsu, SRK, Smashboards AND VFDC for a complete listing of the Devastation 2008 results- god knows where the poor SNK players would have had to go for theirs.

I think it'd probably be best to post the complete results on both forums. I believe that the effort/reward ratio of the strategy is just too good to pass up.

Offline Hotdogs McGee

• Wrestling Master
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • KEN IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2008, 09:14:37 PM »
Where's the ggxx results?
Who cares about Guilty?

people who play fighting games.

what the shit kind of answer is that

hay let me go on soul calibur forums and ask for results on halo 3 tourney~

You know if I recall correctly, West Toast featured 3 games.

Melty Blood, TSS, and Guilty Gear. If I see West Toast XI results in the title, I expect to see results of every game played in it.
Mizuki: "And I think WC MBAC are faggots anyways, so what's the point?"

Apparently everyone that goes to West Toast is a faggot thanks for helping the community Mizuki

Offline Greyvangelist

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
  • drive bitch im in my zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2008, 09:41:17 PM »
Dustloop has the Melty Blood results on their WTXI results so  ::)

Offline milesokeefe

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 50
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2008, 09:51:02 PM »
Dustloop has the Melty Blood results on their WTXI results so  ::)

...but not the TSS results!

Poor Twinkle Star Sprites.