When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: [May 19th] Povertday: Obvious Reset (AKA PO:OR I) - Singapore MBAACC & AH3  (Read 2012 times)

Offline Farpenoodle

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
Cross posted from here

Details

Facebook Event Page: Povertday: Obvious Reset  (AKA PO:OR I)

Saturday 19th May - 3PM @ Tough Cookie Gaming Cafe
35 Selegie Road #02-25B
Singapore, Singapore 188307

Entry Fee: $5 per tournament
Venue Fee: $3 per person
Registration Cutoff: 3:30PM
Pot Split: 50/30/20

Live Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/farpenoodle

Rules

Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code

Platform: PC

Double Elimination. (Will become Round Robin if less than 8 participants)
Best of 3 games.
Best of 3 rounds.
Finals (Winners/Losers/Grand) will be Best of 5.
Loser is able to change characters/moons between rounds.
Winner is able to change moons between rounds.

Controllers:
USB Joysticks and Pads are allowed as long as they work without fuss on any recent Windows 7 computer. (Meaning I don't have to install drivers.) TCGC has various joysticks available for use if you don't want to bring your own.

Keyboards are provisionally allowed (because the scene is small) but only under a few conditions. You must bring your own USB keyboard. You must send me your mbaacctool.ini files beforehand. pastebin it and post on the FB event page. If you happen to face another keyboard player, you will have to either make sure to send me a mbaacctool.ini file that both of you are agreeable to BEFOREHAND or use one of the following profiles:

Guide: Up/Down/Left/Right - A/B/C/D/E

First set

P1: WSAD - TYUGJ
P2: UDLR(arrows) - 45613(numpad)

Second set

P1: YHGJ - QWEAD
P2: UDLR(arrows) - OP[L'

Third Set

P1: WSAD - TYUGJ
P2: UDLR(arrows) - OP[L'

Fourth Set

P1: YHGJ - QWEAD
P2: UDLR(arrows) - 45613(numpad)

If you guys start accidently hitting each others keys then either come to an agreeable solution or your match will be settled BY THE ALMIGHY COIN FLIP. (I am completely serious about the coin flip thing btw. There's no way for me to tell which one of you bastards is actually hitting the other's keys.)

As you can tell this is extremely troublesome and if I (and the owners of the laptops) ever deem it not worth the effort I will probably ban keyboards from future tournaments.

TL;DR if you play keyboard make sure you get your mbaacctool.ini files in order and send them to me beforehand and stop hitting each others keys or I will become very mad and ban your controller of choice forever and this will make me a very happy man.

OR YOU COULD LEARN STICK OR PAD. THIS TO ME IS THE MOST ACCEPTABLE SOLUTION.
(You could also mod a keyboard to work as a controller on 360 or PS3 and this is also an acceptable solution)

Arcana Heart 3

Platform: PS3

Double Elimination. (Will become Round Robin if less than 8 participants)
Best of 3 games.
Best of 3 rounds.
Finals (Winners/Losers/Grand) will be Best of 5.
Loser is able to change character/arcana between rounds.
Winner is able to change arcana between rounds.

Controllers:
Whatever works. As long as you don't have macros. (See how much easier this is?!)

FAQ

What is Povertday?

Povertday is a Bi-Monthly tournament series in Singapore. While primarily created to revive the competitive Melty Blood scene in Singapore (believe it or not we were once able to run nearly 32 man brackets), it's overarching goal is to give games that typically don't get as much attention as the more mainstream games out there a chance at a competitive scene.

Why Bi-Monthly and not more often?

This is subject to change based mainly on demand and how busy I am. As most people know I stream Battlefield Fridays weekly as well as help out at other events fairly often. If demand is high enough I will consider doing this monthly but am unwilling to do it more often than that.

Why so expensive?

Unless you guys don't want to play for anything (which is also fine I guess) then a $5 entry fee seems reasonable to me. It's still cheaper than 90% of tournaments elsewhere and you only have to cough it up once every 2 months. Venue fee is not up for negotiation. As amazing as TCGC is to us, it is a business and we are taking up space on one of their more busy days.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 02:59:56 AM by Farpenoodle »

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
good luck!
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Farpenoodle

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
Thanks to everyone who showed up! Tournament was largely a success with the exception of nearly everyone deciding to not join Arcana because of lack of training.

Video playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6C14DCC314E74E96&feature=view_all

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
Thanks to everyone who showed up! Tournament was largely a success with the exception of nearly everyone deciding to not join Arcana because of lack of training.

Video playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6C14DCC314E74E96&feature=view_all

Good stuff! Happy to see there are some strong players in Singapore. These days I found out about your community on facebook, was really hyped. Keep up growing strong!
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 07:07:48 AM by Cristu »
A little bit of console ain't too bad.