When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Game Underground Blood Battles every Tuesday and Friday night in Framingham MA  (Read 12953 times)

Offline Vigilante

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
My name is Thomas Vigil aka Vigilante and I have been playing meltyblood since I was introduced by Dipstick and Master Chibi at TGA. Since it closed I haven't been able to play as often and since this place in Framingham has fight nights I thought I could make a thread and possibly make it the place to go for MB comp. I have actually set up the BG fight nights in CT so I would like to start the same thing in MA and It's a great spot with knowledgeable staff. Here is some quotes from Dan, one of the employee's from Game Underground taking about some of the history of the store.

A little about us:
We started holding our gatherings last November (?) the week TGA (RIP) closed for a vacation. After the terrible incident occurred there, we've had fight night gatherings in Framingham for over a year. Gameunicon happened (ask for the sad details) and we were force to shut down. But now we're back! Jamie is now the 100% owner and I have been given permission to run fight nights every Tuesday and Friday like old times!

Before I rant on again I have to say this. TO ALL WHO HAVE GONE, BEEN, ATTENDED, SPENT MONEY, PLAYED FIGHTERS, WATCHED, DROVE/WALKED/SWAM/FLEW to GU THANK YOU. Everyone in this community is beyond awesome and I wouldn't host any of these fight nights if it weren't for the players support. Over the last year I have met so many new people and made some unbelievable friendships. I'm blessed because people come from so far just to play, and I try my best to accommodate. And obviously if there's ever a problem, tell me ASAP. :D

What we do at fight night:
$5 venue fee
Store hours: 5pm-1am (or later)

I have keys to the store, and have the ability to leave whenever I want. That usually means if people wanna play till the sun shines, so be it.

What we play:

FIGHTERS! Obviously the game is SSF4 right now. But to be honest I'm open to anything. I would reccommend bringing another player if you wanna play the more obscure titles, or at the very least post before hand, but all fighters are welcomed. If you msg me before hand I'll also set it up in the afternoon.

We play on Viewsonics xbox 360 VGA mainly for super. We have a few ps3's on crt's too! I have one TE for each so if you dont have a stick theres no problem (but bring yours if you have one)

Thats pretty much the gist of fight nights in Framingham

1251 Worcester Road
Framingham
MA 01701

Phone # 508-283-1503

I just need to mention it's BYOS(Bring your own set-up) if someone is able to do this then it would make this much easier. We would also need sticks for the PS2 but hopefully, once more people show up we could start a little fund raiser so we wouldn't have to do this all the time.

Hope to see you all there!!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 05:37:49 AM by Vigilante »

Offline Vigilante

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
There is also ranking battles that have been started and if there's enough interest then I would like Melty to be included so show your support!

Offline Vigilante

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Who's coming tonight or this Tuesday coming up? I want to see more hype for this and even make this the new home MB comp in MA. Get hype!

Offline Zero

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 11
  • Gotta pick a character
    • View Profile
I would come if I had rides.

Offline YubelPhoenix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • All 3 Knife-wielders are dumb, nuff said!
    • View Profile
Its a shame that a majority of MA's melty scene is hours away from frammingham. :'( When i get my vehicle fixed i'll be bringing plenty of melty heads over. 8-)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 10:10:49 AM by YubelPhoenix »
Main: C/H/F Akiha. Sub: Anyone who doesn't have a knife, a momoji loop, a gun, a summon, a trenchcoat, who doesn't turn into a cat.

I suck at this game XD

Offline Vigilante

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Zero-What about the train? They have a train that goes to Framingham and someone should be able to pick u up from the station when u arrive.

Yubel-Can't wait man because I really want to level up again in MB.

I just need to mention it's BYOS(Bring your own set-up) if someone is able to do this then it would make this much easier. We would also need sticks for the PS2 but hopefully, once more people show up we could start a little fund raiser so we wouldn't have to do this all the time.

Offline YubelPhoenix

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
We are trying head over their next friday and i'll bring my system. And is the train station near GU ???
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 06:40:32 PM by YubelPhoenix »
Main: C/H/F Akiha. Sub: Anyone who doesn't have a knife, a momoji loop, a gun, a summon, a trenchcoat, who doesn't turn into a cat.

I suck at this game XD

Offline Zero

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Gotta pick a character
    • View Profile
Trains waste time. I could be playing like half an hour earlier with a ride(depending on traffic that is).

Offline Vigilante

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Yubel-it's not walking distance unless you like walking 45min to the store. If you call the store someone might be able to pick you up.

Zero- I don't know what to tell you but hopefully someone can give you a ride. Where do you live anyway?

Offline YubelPhoenix

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Yubel-it's not walking distance unless you like walking 45min to the store. If you call the store someone might be able to pick you up.

Zero- I don't know what to tell you but hopefully someone can give you a ride. Where do you live anyway?
Well my car is fixed now so we have a way to get there now. Zero lives a town over from me so i can get him. Does this GU have a parking lot around it? Im remember the one in Somervile didn't have one and it got pretty annoying going back forth paying the meter

I suck at this game XD

Offline Vigilante

• Apprentice
    • View Profile

Well my car is fixed now so we have a way to get there now. Zero lives a town over from me so i can get him. Does this GU have a parking lot around it? Im remember the one in Somervile didn't have one and it got pretty annoying going back forth paying the meter

There is a parking lot so you will have nothing to worry about. It's also a bigger store so there will also be plenty of room and it's hard to miss. If you can go on Tuesday I won't get there till after 10pm, so if your still around we can get some games in.

Offline YubelPhoenix

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile

There is a parking lot so you will have nothing to worry about. It's also a bigger store so there will also be plenty of room and it's hard to miss. If you can go on Tuesday I won't get there till after 10pm, so if your still around we can get some games in.
Its gonna have to be on friday since its my only free day

I suck at this game XD

Offline kona

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • DOOOOOOOOOOOOOFUS
    • View Profile
I live in Western MA but I show up when I can (provided I have a ride and money). I'm primarily a BBCS and SSF4 player but bring Melty, I will definitely play. Me and Riceman had quite a few sessions on the Friday I showed up and it was an excellent time. Maybe I'll bring my PS2 so we can get more setups going. I normally work Tuesdays and Fridays but when I do show up, I'll definitely be down to support you guys.
Gachi Rangers are so godlike

Offline Vigilante

• Apprentice
    • View Profile

Its gonna have to be on friday since its my only free day

It's my birthday this Friday so I wm not going to be there. Hopefully I will be able to get some games in with you next week.

Kona-When you can show up but if you can't just support the BG scene as you have been. thx

Offline Zero

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Gotta pick a character
    • View Profile
Apparently I have a high chance of showing up today so if anyone is going then you might see me. I'll be bringing my PS2 just in case too.

Offline kona

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • DOOOOOOOOOOOOOFUS
    • View Profile
Also a heads up for those of you that don't know yet, next week, me and Fraga will be running a 2 day tournament on the 18th and 19th. http://www.meltybread.com/forums/tournaments-and-events/new-england-revolution!-at-battlegrounds-in-vernon-ct-918-919/

Melty Blood will be on Sunday. Hopefully we'll see you there!

Offline riceman789

• $400 Man
  • Magic Circuits: 408
  • Let's go, get hype!
    • View Profile
Glad you and I had the same idea by the way Tom.  I usually bring out a ps2 for Melty, but only on fridays.  The only issue I have is getting a ride there in which I have to call several people to get there.  But overall I'm available on fridays.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 04:58:50 AM by riceman789 »
H-Vsion
"UNBARACKABLE" - LordKnight
F#$% him up like a nestle crunch!! - HyperHal
I got that IYO feeling!! - Jiyuna I'm Going IN!! - Jiyuna

Offline Vigilante

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
Glad you and I had the same idea by the way Tom.  I usually bring out a ps2 for Melty, but only on fridays.  The only issue I have is getting a ride there in which I have to call several people to get there.  But overall I'm available on fridays.

Good stuff man

What would everybody think of a little fund raiser for Melty at GU? The money would pretty much go towards the system,games, and boot disc. Sticks would be our own resposability to bring to fight night though.

Zero and Yubel- I actually live near you guys so if you ever got a session going on a different day of the week I could actually join you guys if you don't mind.

Offline YubelPhoenix

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
I dont mind, we usually have our sessions at zeros place.

I suck at this game XD

Offline Zero

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Gotta pick a character
    • View Profile
Zero and Yubel- I actually live near you guys so if you ever got a session going on a different day of the week I could actually join you guys if you don't mind.
We usually play any days from Friday to Sunday(most of the time Friday). Depends on Yubel like 90% of the time.

Also, someone give me a ride up this Friday to GU please. I want to play before I go down to NER.

Offline kona

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • DOOOOOOOOOOOOOFUS
    • View Profile
I got the Friday off so hopefully I'll be able to make it (pending a fellow Western Mass player gives me a ride). I also gotta work on my shit before NER.

Offline YubelPhoenix

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
We usually play any days from Friday to Sunday(most of the time Friday). Depends on Yubel like 90% of the time.

Also, someone give me a ride up this Friday to GU please. I want to play before I go down to NER.
I just work weekends now. So im available during weekdays, if want to get matches in

I suck at this game XD

Offline riceman789

• $400 Man
  • Magic Circuits: 408
  • Let's go, get hype!
    • View Profile
Actually this friday I would need a ride as well.
H-Vsion
"UNBARACKABLE" - LordKnight
F#$% him up like a nestle crunch!! - HyperHal
I got that IYO feeling!! - Jiyuna I'm Going IN!! - Jiyuna

Offline kona

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • DOOOOOOOOOOOOOFUS
    • View Profile
I'll be there tonight with an MBAA setup. Hopefully I'll see you guys there.

Offline YubelPhoenix

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
Me, zero, and couple of others are coming on friday. I'll bring my setup.

I suck at this game XD